Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders (14121 Views)

Naira Devaluation Coming As Oil Price Piles Pressure On Currency / sss / Currency/e-currency Traders Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by Divinerace(m): 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
ok
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by brunofarad(m): 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
Do I look like someone who. Voted. APC ? grin

divide9ja:

This are the ways of Banana Republic now!

Una vote for change, enjoy una change bikonu.

Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by ekanDamie: 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dymaco:

oga no bi as u take buy rice u go take sale am. are they the one that made ur govt. not to create more forex through diff. method.
well, their exploitations too is part of the greed ruining forex and dis country.
believe me, if dis pipu don't fight this move back, it will bring up d naira
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by david22uu(m): 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dongreat:
I don't have to be an economist to know that this move will be counterproductive. It will result to an further scarcity of the foreign currencies resulting to higher exchange rate. Why can't CBN build BDC centers across the country where people can go, provide the required documents for what they want to use it for, licensed only be the CBN to give out currency at official rate. Importers, students, medical checkups and manufacturers will go to banks to apply for theirs. Stop giving to these black market guys.

Will advice u to know the system properly before u comment. Thanks
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by LePrezident(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
chai dis is the real time for my businessssss

Hello, kindly reveal the opportunity you're seeing in this development that we're all missing.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by Dongreat(m): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
david22uu:

Will advice u to know the system properly before u comment. Thanks

Like I said "I am no economist". I only said what I think will be best instead of going court martial on every problems faced in this country.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by teehay45(m): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Emefiele and buhari playing trial and error with our economy
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by Nairadays: 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Dymaco:

oga no bi as u take buy rice u go take sale am. are they the one that made ur govt. not to create more forex through diff. method.

Am sorry to say but your comments are biased with a lingering undertone of hate for this govt. You said as you buy you sell abi? Do you know CBN through Travelex sells the greenback to BDCs at N380? Why do they now sell at N460-N465?

Do you know the interbank rate is N315? Because of that my bank has been charging me N320. Now that's reasonable.

But any BDC charging N465 after collecting from travelex is pure fraud.

Those mallams Hawking the greenback on the streets should be banned or else they get a license.

I know we'll get it right in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by ramalot(m): 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
ekanDamie:
actually, it's a welcome development. this are the people through which d exchange rate keeps going up.
if they stop them n dier cabal's. dey would stop having an influence on exchange rate

Actually, that's false.

If the proper channels to access forex was functional, Nigerians would have NO reason to get it on the streets.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by ekanDamie: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
ramalot:

Actually, that's false.

If the proper channels to access forex was functional, Nigerians would have NO reason to get it on the streets.
havnt u thought of it, that if this back doorers don't get forex, to trade on d streets for extra
profit, deld actually allow it be and go through d right channels as u claim?
cos some are using their position to steer it away from d right source for extra profit.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by FcMilan: 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Newbiee:
Good

Buhari and the Yoruba Nation

Buhari has only appointed 5 Special Advisers so far: They are:
1. Femi Adesina, Media and Publicity
2. Femi Ojudu, Political Affairs
3. Dr Oyeyemi Dipeolu, Economic Affairs
4. Mrs Mariam Nwais, Social Investments,
5. Mr Tijani Abdulahi , National Planning.
That’s, Yoruba 3, Fulani 1 and Hausa 1.

Similarly, these are the Senior Special Assistants to the President appointed so far :
1. Garba Shehu, Media/publicity
2. Okoi Obla, Prosecution
3. Ita Enang, NASS
4. Suleiman Kawu Sumaila, NASS
5.Abike Dabiri, Diaspora
6. Orelope Adefulure, MDG
Out of five SAs which are equivalent to Ministers, Yoruba has 3, Hausa 1 and Fulani 1.
Of the six SSAs, Yoruba has 2, Efik 1, Annang 1, Hausa 1and Fulani.

All Yoruba Ministers but one, are senior ministers. All of them are manning important ministries: Works, Housing and Power, Solid Minerals, Finance, Communication, Health, State for Niger Delta and of course, Information and Culture. In fact, it is right to say Yoruba’s are manning 10 ministries if we recall that Works, Power, Housing, Information and Culture used to be separate ministries.
Don’t also forget that almost all the people personally working with Prof Osinbajo are all Yoruba’s, eg Ade Ipaye, Laolu Akande, late Ayodele Adu, etc.
The only serving General in the country today is a Yoruba from Ekiti.
Yet, a dangerous narrative is being wickedly sold to the public that a cabal has sidelined the south west as a result of which Buhari is being shut with darts of nepotism and an ingrate who abandoned those who helped him to power.
The facts on ground do not support these unfounded lies. And I insist that because a person could not get his minions as governors of other states should not be equated or reduced to an attack on Yoruba people or the Yoruba being shut out of relevance. Things must not be mixed up. If a man, out of unhealthy desire for control gets his fingers burnt in his enterprise, he should not use Samson complex to make us a collateral damage. One man’s interest can’t be our collective interest.
My conclusion is that if the magical cabal could not stop us from virtually occupying the most important positions in this government, it is arrant nonsense to continue to hold on to a faulty premise of a cabal having highjacked power, or working against the Yoruba people.
If this government fails, it is we who have failed. It is obvious Buhari is operating a division of labour: the President mans security and foreign affairs while the VP mans the Economy and Social Investments.
Unfortunately, it is in the latter division that the government is perceived to be below average. We therefore, can’t afford to mess Osinbajo up. We can’t get him to Aso Rock only to ridicule him or dispose him off like a can.
Those on a voyage on creating a one-man political dynasty and empire should not be allowed to deprive us of this glorious era in our history. We must give every support necessary to make sure this government succeeds.

By Sunday Aniyi
how much dem pay u....

zombie

1 Like

Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by divide9ja: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
brunofarad:
Do I look like someone who. Voted. APC ? grin

Feel you bro grin
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by numericalguy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
Silly, dumb caricature of a president don't know that you cannot achieve economic stability by raiding forex with force. Who even does that.

As for the CBN, they will always praise him, after all he's their pay master.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by blackpanda: 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
[s]
brunofarad:
Hmmmm

They should also remember that NIGERIA is not a communist STATE or Banana Republic

It is supposed to be a free market Economy

Dumb heads grin

My heart felt condolence goes to the small and medium scale enterprises all over Nigeria,
[/s]

Wtf is this one saying
Where in the world is it legal to trade forex on the streets?? I dont understand why some people even bother going to school, when you learn absolutely nothing!
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by brunofarad(m): 7:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
Sorry !

I don't engage in nairaland fights grin
I consider myself too BUSY for some other worthwhile ventures,

Than rumbling with a hallucinated APC faithful

Pls locate your nearest neighbour to RUMBLE with cheesy

blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Wtf is this one saying
Where in the world is it legal to trade forex on the streets?? I dont understand why some people even bother going to school, when you learn absolutely nothing!
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by sonnie10: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Wtf is this one saying

Cotonou boarder. Those guys have been there like forever.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by walexix(m): 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
val15:
CBN,DSS and Buhari na family business na.
Ask yourself who appointed Emefiuele? Is it not ur brother? Jonathan. Why calling Buhari on CBN decision? If you can't impregnate ur wife. You will say Buhari cause it. #Think#
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by Newbiee: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
FcMilan:
how much dem pay u....

zombie
If you go home make u ask am, the sharing formula na 50-50
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by munas: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
brunofarad:
Hmmmm

They should also remember that NIGERIA is not a communist STATE or Banana Republic

It is supposed to be a free market Economy

Dumb heads grin

My heart felt condolence goes to the small and medium scale enterprises all over Nigeria,

I think you are the dumb one here.

There are foreign exchange law and it says that to deal in forex,you have to register a bereau de change.

It simplly means that the dollar mallams are doing illegal business.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by AMUNSI23(f): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
My brother who always tell me change is a gradual process has now change his topic to;we are in a deep mess with mr president
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by LOVEGINO(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
with bitcoin life goes on.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by austinereds(m): 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
Am highly disappointed this will lead to more scarcity and increase in exchange rate. why Emefiele?
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by austinereds(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
LOVEGINO:
with bitcoin life goes on.
pls explain to me the whole bitcon thing.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by Dymaco(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nairadays:

Am sorry to say but your comments are biased with a lingering undertone of hate for this govt. You said as you buy you sell abi? Do you know CBN through Travelex sells the greenback to BDCs at N380? Why do they now sell at N460-N465?

Do you know the interbank rate is N315? Because of that my bank has been charging me N320. Now that's reasonable.

But any BDC charging N465 after collecting from travelex is pure fraud.

Those mallams Hawking the greenback on the streets should be banned or else they get a license.

I know we'll get it right in Nigeria

do u know how illicit dollar are been sold to top politicians, business men by ur so called CBN.

oga banks no longer sell dollar, u have to source ur dollar
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by LOVEGINO(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
austinereds:

pls explain to me the whole bitcon thing.
check my signature
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by Dymaco(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
ekanDamie:

well, their exploitations too is part of the greed ruining forex and dis country.
believe me, if dis pipu don't fight this move back, it will bring up d naira

our govt. fight only d defenceless. let they take the war to oil cabals first
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by blackpanda: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
brunofarad:
Sorry !

I don't engage in nairaland fights grin
I consider myself too BUSY for some other worthwhile ventures,

Than rumbling with a hallucinated APC faithful

Pls locate your nearest neighbour to RUMBLE with cheesy

Spoken like a truly ignorant fellow. All u know how to do is throw insult. Nothing upstairs!
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by brunofarad(m): 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin

I don't do Nairalander fights grin

Sorry to disappoint you

Mpama

munas:

I think you are the dumb one here.

There are foreign exchange law and it says that to deal in forex,you have to register a bereau de change.

It simplly means that the dollar mallams are doing illegal business.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by franklynsunny(m): 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
Military rules
Sai Buhari
Use guns to force dem to sell lower
People wil die in dis country
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by bart10: 9:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Newbiee:
Good

Similarly, these are the Senior Special Assistants to the President appointed so far :
3. Ita Enang, NASS
5.Abike Dabiri, Diaspora
Out of five SAs which are equivalent to Ministers, Yoruba has 3, Hausa 1 and Fulani 1.

All Yoruba Ministers but one, are senior ministers. All of them are manning important ministries: Works, Housing and Power, Solid Minerals, Finance, Communication, Health, State for Niger Delta and of course, Information and Culture. In fact, it is right to say Yoruba’s are manning 10 ministries if we recall that Works, Power, Housing, Information and Culture used to be separate ministries.
Don’t also forget that almost all the people personally working with Prof Osinbajo are all Yoruba’s, eg Ade Ipaye, Laolu Akande, late Ayodele Adu, etc.
Yet, a dangerous narrative is being wickedly sold to the public that a cabal has sidelined the south west as a result of which Buhari is being shut with darts of nepotism and an ingrate who abandoned those who helped him to power.
The facts on ground do not support these unfounded lies. And I insist that because a person could not get his minions as governors of other states should not be equated or reduced to an attack on Yoruba people or the Yoruba being shut out of relevance. Things must not be mixed up. If a man, out of unhealthy desire for control gets his fingers burnt in his enterprise, he should not use Samson complex to make us a collateral damage. One man’s interest can’t be our collective interest.
My conclusion is that if the magical cabal could not stop us from virtually occupying the most important positions in this government, it is arrant nonsense to continue to hold on to a faulty premise of a cabal having highjacked power, or working against the Yoruba people.
If this government fails, it is we who have failed. It is obvious Buhari is operating a division of labour: the President mans security and foreign affairs while the VP mans the Economy and Social Investments.
Unfortunately, it is in the latter division that the government is perceived to be below average. We therefore, can’t afford to mess Osinbajo up. We can’t get him to Aso Rock only to ridicule him or dispose him off like a can.
Those on a voyage on creating a one-man political dynasty and empire should not be allowed to deprive us of this glorious era in our history. We must give every support necessary to make sure this government succeeds.

By Sunday Aniyi

You are so naive and lack any understanding of the Nigerian political sphere. It's not as simple as you think. This Government is obviously Hausa/Fulani by genetic composition. Don't rewrite the story please. It's not about Tinubu alone. The Yorubas have been shortchanged. The VP is weak politically or a "mere commissioner" while all those you mentioned are inconsequential and at best self-serving. This is the worst period in our political history under this contraption called Nigeria. Wake up to realities. The SS/SE already know their place in Nigeria and are prepared for the worst while the SW is on a fool's ride. I hate to talk about tribes in Nigeria because I'm detrabalised but the realities of what is happening in Nigeria today should not be swept under the carpet.
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by precious1967(m): 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
emefiele is be deaf and dumb person..
Re: CBN Endorses SSS Raid On Currency traders by zabadii(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
Newbiee:
Good

3. Ita Enang, NASS
5.Abike Dabiri, Diaspora

By Sunday Aniyi
who send you this message to tinubu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sport Bet Agent / Who Has Ever Won Any Of The Numerous Promo We See/hear Everyday? / Freelancing: Nigerian's Only Hope Of Earning Legitimately Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.