Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Morality: Nairaland Christians As A Case Study - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morality: Nairaland Christians As A Case Study (2027 Views)

The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians / I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! / Miracle: Lion Saves Christians As They Are Being Attacked By Islamist Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Morality: Nairaland Christians As A Case Study by eph12(m): 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
akintom:

I sincerely wish you redemption from religion. All the best in your love affairs with skydaddy.

grin grin
Thanks
Re: Morality: Nairaland Christians As A Case Study by akintom(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
eph12:

grin grin Thanks
uwc
Re: Morality: Nairaland Christians As A Case Study by ScienceWatch: 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
akintom:
CHRISTIANS VS ATHEISTS: WHICH GROUP IS MORE MORAL?

Results of several studies on the above topic, agreed that there's no significant difference in the moral behavior, between the Christian group and atheist group.

Christians are taught and encouraged to be moral (to bear fruit of the spirit, and not that of the flesh).

For by this fruit of the spirit bearing, atheists shall know that they are the children of their "good" God.

Using nairaland Christians as a case study:

*How real is the fruit of the spirit?

*can the spirit really make the Christian moral?

*despite the spirit, don't Christians still behave immoral?

*is the spirit really the source of moral behavior?

*if the Adamic nature (the immoral nature) is dead in Christian, why do Christians still commit immoral acts?
..................................................................................................................
Since i came on Nairaland forum, i have engaged Christians, amongst whom are pastors, priests, Rev..... Etc.

I have deliberately tested various fruit of the spirit in them, and i observed that, in more than 98% of the Christians that I have engaged so far, there's nothing close to the fruit of the spirit, in these Christians.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Rather they are full of the fruit of immorality:

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, jealousies, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Galatians 5:21 Contentions, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
................................................................................................................

Conclusion:
Generally speaking, and as far as moral standard is concerned, the Christian and the atheists have no significant difference in rating over each other.

This therefore shows that, the natural origin and evolution of morality, as propounded by behavioral neuroscientists, are true in human experience. As against the erroneous and unrealistic claims of Christians.
.................................................................................................................

My study is concluded. Henceforth, i shall engage in rational and intellectual debate and discuss, with anyone willing to engage me.

I may use the phrase:

"idiotic idea"
"such thinking is puerile"
"reasons like these are stupid and nonsensical" etc

NB - these should not be taken as personal insults, but as descriptive words for impersonal text.

I shall choose to discontinue any debate that, descend into derogatory use of words, directed at my "person" and not my "text".

Thanks.

Lol ROTFL. Haaaa what more can I say ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Chronology Of The Other Religion / Erdogan Converts Ancient Historical Church To Mosque / Where Is Hardmirror? Is He Alive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.