Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

The R Factors For Greatness - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The R Factors For Greatness (434 Views)

My Binary Option Trading Dairy: The Journey To Greatness / How My Upbringing Prepared Me For Greatness – Bovi Reveals / Five Factors Fueling The Rise Of E-commerce In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The R Factors For Greatness by HerexG(m): 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
To crave for recognition means you want to be great, or you want to move from your present state to a higher level. But to be able to get recognized you must adhere to a particular principle, i call it "The R factors of greatness.

(1) Relevance (2) Reliability (3) Responsibility

(1) Relevance: This the act of being connected to the matter and issue at hand, it is your relationship with the issue at hand. I will narrate a short story about a man who is a mechanic of Citroen cars back in the 70's, this man was very good at what he does, almost everybody patronized in the city him . He has a big workshop with so many apprentice, this a man anybody even a blind man will label "A busy man". So he became rich and very relevant in the city, you wouldn't own a Citroen car without visiting his shop, even my father did. As time goes by they gradually started phasing off Citroen cars, this results to disaster to the man . The Citroen cars that was in vogue then became outdated with time. Then the man who was a very busy man back then, was rendered useless, all his apprentice started disappearing one after the other . He lost virtually all of his customers because customers upgrade their cars. Because he has failed to improve on himself, he lost everything including his workshop . He hereby has no other choice than to pack his baggage's back to the village because he has lost his relevance in the city. Where ever or what position you are in life, be it in a firm, establishment, family or government let your relevance be strongly felt, infant improve on yourself to the extent that you will make the people around you belief that they can't do without you. I have someone today who works in a petroleum firm part time and they pay him the same salary as those who works full time in the same firm . When you are relevant, there is a greater opportunity that you will be recognized.

Reliability: The English dictionary defines it as to be trusted, or to be dependable in terms of need. This is one of the vital ways to gain recognition, making them feel like you are a place of refuge in terms of need, i.e. you are to be trusted in whatever task or not falling short expectations. A person that is not reliable are forgotten so easily with time and they are made useless in a long run, never forget this saying " anything worth doing is worth doing well" i.e. if it is worth doing at all it deserves to be done well. Nobody would ever come back to you or even recognize you if you are not reliable, it is your reliability to respond to their call or needs that keeps them coming back to you. Reliability is also what is keeping most brand owner's in business, because people can rely on their goods for to fulfill their want. Sincerely speaking you draw more attention and get recognized when people finds you reliable.

Responsible: means you exercise to do things within your capacity without being told to do it, being responsible is also the ability of being responsive to call or duty. This statement above is self explanatory and it is a vital source for gaining recognition. You are not told before you do something within your capacity, this is a wise way to gain people's trust and attention, it will also make them dance to whatever tune you are playing. Being responsible takes a lot of discipline and cautions to attain it.

Responsibility: This one of the major reason The old US rose up to greatness her citizens became responsive to the popular President Lincoln quotes "Look for what to do for America and not what America would do for you " . Majority of their citizens including the leaders were never told to carry out their actions that is within is capacity for the development of their country. An irresponsible man has no say in any institution, no matter his size, age, race or status.

Note : The R factors of greatness is measured by what you can do for others, it is in it life true opportunities lies.

(1) (Reply)

Mmm Pays Not Scam / The Inspiring Story Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Created A $6 Million Business / Dont Die In Silence,call The For The Training Of The Production Of This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.