Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra (10329 Views)

75 Manufacturing Firms Close Down In South-east Over Bad Roads, Infrastructures / Ministers Cut Cake With Yemi Osinbajo To Mark His 60th Birthday (Photos) / Osinbajo To Act As President For 10 Days- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by james669: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2016

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo would on Thursday visit some companies in Anambra to assess the challenges facing them in the state.

The state governor, Willie Obiano, made this known to journalists in Awka on Wednesday.Obiano said the visit was against the backdrop of the presentation he made to the Federal Government after he met with the Manufacturing Association of Nigeria, Anambra chapter, recently.

He said the visit would enable the federal government to provide sustainability package in the areas of forex and raw material sourcing to 300 firms in the state to enable them stay afloat.

According to the governor, Osinbajo would visit the major industrial hubs of the state including Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka.

He said the need to help the manufacturing firms could not be farfetched as the sector alone employed about 800,000 workers.

“Recently I had a meeting with manufacturers in Anambra where they made their challenges known to us and I tabled the problems in Abuja before the Federal Government and Central Bank,” the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) quoted the governor as saying to journalists.

“On that basis, the vice president will visit the state on Thursday (November 24) and see things for himself; he will visit selected firms in Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka.”

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/11/23/osinbajo-to-visit-manufacturing-firms-in-anambra/

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by BrutalJab: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
grin

I want action, not just going there as a mere commissioner without any meaningful contributions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by DozieInc(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
Nice one, hope the visit would yield fruits.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by bot101(m): 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
[size=16pt]Testing[/size]
Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by Ovokoo: 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
Will anything positive come out of his visit?
Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by kettykin: 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2016
800000 workers is not a joke, the intelligent people in anambra can diversify their sources of forex through export oriented businesses. The forex can fund imports and sustain the huge industrial outlay.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by Opharhe: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
Intersting. I pray it's fruitful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by Ragnnar: 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hope it won't be a mere visit that will be characterize by their unfulfill promises.
Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by Yyeske(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2016
Anambra, always blazing. Vice president visit or not, we dey kampe

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by Alawe(m): 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
I pray that the visit doesn't end at 'just to come and see and blame jonathan for not doing anything'

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by YtivitissuP: 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
Format 001

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by Khd95(m): 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by SoNature(m): 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
This visit is really commendable. Every part of the country must be carried along to show a sense of belonging whether in opposition or not.

In democracy, there must invariably be an opposition to ensure the ruling party doesn't go astray anyway - that's the beauty of democracy. Carrying every part of the country along will reduce endless and senseless war chants, national assets destruction, terrorism, violent crimes, hate, mutual suspicion, and secession plans.

When this is achieved, there will be national cohesion, peace, progress, unity, and love. Take it or leave it, Nigeria is better united than divided into smaller units. Every tribe is important to Nigeria project.

Mr. VP, nnoo!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by nwasinachi(f): 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
Osinbanjo, welcome to igbo land, obodo oku n 'enwu n'enu. Abeg no go lost for onitsha o

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by GossipHeart(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2016

Please

Keep that drunk looking Afonja out of my state

We don't need badluck in my lovely Anambra state

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by ucee64(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2016
*Dear Lord, I don't want much for Christmas. It is remaining 37 days before we see 2017.*
*I just want the person reading this to remain alive for me. This year will not see our end .

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by IgboRulesOthers(f): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2016
thats good osinbande grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by KingsleyCEO: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2016
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by IgboRulesOthers(f): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2016
GossipHeart:

Please

shut up

stop saying rubbish tongue tongue tongue

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2016
GossipHeart:

Please

It's too early for this stupidity.
Pls shut up.
Thanks and have a nice day.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2016
GossipHeart:

Please

And you hope to reach the top one day?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by BjDreamchaser(m): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2016
bejeiodus:
And you hope to reach the top one day?

I really doubt if he can, because he hates too much. I wonder how he has been able to live till now with that kind of hate in his heart

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by calyto: 8:26am On Nov 24, 2016
This recession will eventually be to the advantage of my brothers from the South East.
They'll become more innovative,more people will patronise them which also means more money in their pockets.
But some still won't focus on the opportunities; they'll be more comfortable blaming the government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by caremaster: 8:27am On Nov 24, 2016
Welcomed development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by MChaze25(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Welcome to Nnewi,the Japan of Africa
Welcome to Onitsha, the future world trade center,
Welcone to Awka, the lightening city,
Welcome to Anambra, land of great minds!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by GossipHeart(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2016
IgboRulesOthers:

I'm a prostitute

That's what i do for a living tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

I don't wanna judge you but do you know you're going to hell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by jnrbayano(m): 8:36am On Nov 24, 2016
Let him use Enugu Airport and ply Enugu-Anambra expressway while travelling to Anambra State

He should not use Asaba Airport.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra by elipheleh(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2016
GossipHeart:

I don't wanna judge you but do you know you're going to hell

Lol. This guy funny o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Hijacked By Men With No Ideas — Sule Lamido / Buhari Will Still Run With Osinbajo In 2019 — Presidency / Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia Re-arraigned, Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.