Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke (1156 Views)

I Want To Go Into Farming, Help! / I Want To Go Into Farming Biz This Year / Please I Need Your Advice Before Venturing Into Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Eventnews: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
The 2016 edition of the just concluded Agra Innovate West Africa event recorded a great success. A lot of deliberations were geared towards building a stronger food and capacity building in the Nigerian Agricultural sector. Otumba Femi Oke, Chairman of All Farmers Associations of Nigeria, Lagos state Chapter was one of the personalities at the event.

During an exclusive interview with Eventnews Africa, he spoke on how the association in collaboration with Federal government tend to put food on the table of every Nigeria using Lagos as a case study.

He encouraged every Nigerian youth to go into Agricultural related business.

Watch his interview below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTzQIZVKaOQ

The event was organised by Informa and AFROCET.

cc: seun

Source: Eventnews Africa
http://www.eventnews.tv/interview/otunba-femi-oke/
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
APC govt and diversification... can you go into mechanised farming without a loan
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Eventnews: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2016
carmag:
hmm..

Don't you think its a good advice
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Arvinkris(m): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
It's a good idea but they need to put the enabling environment for the youth to take farming as a biz. Farming is capital intensive...
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Eventnews:

Don't you think its a good advice
can you chase a biting animal with bare hands
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Mrjo(m): 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Oga i need captial
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Eventnews: 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
Mrjo:
Oga i need captial

How much do you need? Do you actually know that Federal government has a lot of grants available for people like you?
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Mrjo(m): 8:10am On Nov 25, 2016
Eventnews:

How much do you need? Do you actually know that Federal government has a lot of grants available for people like you?
₦3m
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Eminentworld(m): 8:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Is a good idea bt I have been having plans to practice farming on my 6 accres of land bt capital is my problem.with just 300000 am good to go
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Eventnews: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Mrjo:
₦3m

Do you have a profitable business plan?
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Eventnews: 8:24am On Nov 25, 2016
Eminentworld:
Is a good idea bt I have been having plans to practice farming on my 6 accres of land bt capital is my problem.with just 300000 am good to go

How ready are you? Are you sure money is the main thing left?
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Mrjo(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2016
Eventnews:

Do you have a profitable business plan?
yeah alot
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Eminentworld(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
Yes oooo,200% ready and planning to start vegetables farming early next month due to usual scarcity of veg in january to early march.which can b achieve with d aids irrigation
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by bosaty2003(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2016
Mrjo:
yeah alot

Dear Sir,

I have business plans. I am into poultry with 4yrs experience with a registered name.2 acres of land and two pens of 26' x 160' size and 36"x 60".
I have an agreement with a company to raise broiler for them but there is no capital to go further.

I need funds to executive my dream. I need N5m to expand. kindly advise on how to assist financially. I am a graduate, matured and knows what I am doing.
bosaty2003@yahoo.co.uk
Re: All Nigerian Youths Should Go Into Farming Business - Otunba Femi Oke by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 26, 2016
With just 300k im okay

(1) (Reply)

Urgent: How Can I Control Hare (Bush Rabbit) Invasion On Corn Farm? / We Have The Best Shea Butter From Kwara State / Trees That Looks Like Something And Will Make You Look Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.