Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? (1956 Views)

Photo Of The Woman Who Gifted Her Husband A Coffin On Fathers' Day In Anambra / The Woman My Husband Impregnated Is My Elder Sister / Does Divorce Have Any Impact On Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by Towncrier007(m): 8:55am On Nov 26, 2016
When there's a divorce between a couple, and they go their separate ways, who is more at disadvantaged, asin who feels the hurt the most between the man and the woman?
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by HungerBAD: 8:58am On Nov 26, 2016
Depends.

But both parties are affected.

The Children,if they have are the ones affected mostly.
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by Towncrier007(m): 9:00am On Nov 26, 2016
HungerBAD:
Depends.
But both parties are affected.
The Children,if they have are the ones affected mostly.
some ex's are a miracle to leave

1 Like

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:45am On Nov 26, 2016
None but the children. If they have.

2 Likes

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by KealDrogo: 10:10am On Nov 26, 2016
Man suffered the most sad he virtually take care of everything right from when they are dating to marriage and beyond. When divorce sets in the woman will leave with everything, everything acquire during the marriage. because the woman usually clear the house when the husband is away at work or the dump man write every property with her name in it. In some extreme cases she takes the children with her too, leaving the Man all alone to start over again, while she goes look for her next victim. If most men will take this into consideration; you will understand marriage is not necessarily necessary. just for moral status sad

2 Likes

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by missjo(f): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
KealDrogo:
Man suffered the most sad he virtually take care of everything right from when they are dating to marriage and beyond. When divorce sets in the woman will leave with everything, everything acquire during the marriage. because the woman usually clear the house when the husband is away at work or the dump man write every property with her name in it. In some extreme cases she takes the children with her too, leaving the Man all alone to start over again, while she goes look for her next victim. If most men will take this into consideration; you will understand marriage is not necessarily necessary. just for moral status sad
I have an uncle who couldn't wait to be free of his wife. She tried to wreck him by asking for ridiculous terms of divorce and this man just told his lawyer to give her everything she wants as long as he never sees her again.

Till this moment, he has refused to tell me what she did.

3 Likes

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by missjo(f): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2016
Personally, I feel the person who has the most to lose is usually the one who feels affected most.

Having 'most to lose' doesn't necessarily mean financially.

4 Likes

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by Towncrier007(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
missjo:
Personally, I feel the person who has the most to lose is usually the one who feels affected most.

Having 'most to lose' doesn't necessarily mean financially.
I get your point, I think the emotional effects is greater than financial effects

2 Likes

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by chriskosherbal(m): 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
It affects both, but in different marriages, and just as you will have one of the couple who loves more in a relationship, so also the burden of pain or relief of an aftermath of divorce is dependent on the individuals involved and how committed/contribution and less committed/less contribution they put in that relationship.
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by missjo(f): 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
Towncrier007:

I get your point, I think the emotional effects is greater than financial effects
Yea. There's no way to determine who gets affected the most because each divorce is peculiar in its own way.
Most times it's women who initiate it but that doesn't necessarily translate into the man getting affected most. Sometimes the man tries to beg, other times the man is like 'I don't know what you've been waiting for'.

It's why I try NEVER to take sides in marital issues because it's always 'He said/She said & He did/She did'. When they were both moaning in ecstacy to the high heavens, I wasn't called to give an opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
Of course, the one on the offensive side of the root cause of the divorce will be most affected. And the reason for this is that s/he had put in the best of efforts in all ramifications to make the marriage a success when it lasted, but to no avail. But the good thing is that in the long run, s/he will laugh last, because the just will always prevail over the unjust. . . . One who laughs last, always laughs the best.

1 Like

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by soonest(f): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
In Nigeria, it's the woman. She loses all even house she contributed to build. If she was a stay at home mum then she's worse off. Atimes her kids are even taken away from her.
The society also judges her harshly without knowing the dynamics of her marriage.

1 Like

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by Onegai(f): 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
soonest:
In Nigeria, it's the woman. She loses all even house she contributed to build. If she was a stay at home mum then she's worse off. Atimes her kids are even taken away from her.
The society also judges her harshly without knowing the dynamics of her marriage.

Bebe, not all the time o. I knew a couple of divorcees and whilst some women suffered whilst their exes went on balling with other chicks, some of the men's suffering was x10. Even taking kids away is not as common as before; the most uneducated woman in Lagos and Ogun states knows she can approach an NGO or Office of the Public Defender and get her kids back. And if you have money and get a divorce, your wife will get a financial settlement and assets as long as she takes you to court. This is not gist, I know actual cases, some had resources to fight and others looked helpless yet they were winning against being kicked out and their children being seized.
I think divorces tend to affect women slightly more in Nigeria. But it isn't all a cake walk for men.
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
-
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by dangotesmummy: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2016
In Nigeria it affects women however if a woman is emotionally financially socially ,parentally and legally empowered it'll Just be a slight injury FOR her but if she doesn't know her left from her right she will be reduced to nothing OR even go gaga. The movie ohun oko somida by shola sobiwale comes to my mind

This woman made her husband sacrificed her education while she was using her school fees her father gave her to pay her boyfriend now husband school fees .the husband studied law in school and she even paid and gave him support throughout his law school. The guy graduated and married her

Midlife crisis came.he started dating his sexy Secretary. Wife was an uneducated housewife because she invested her all in the man's life.all her inherited properties she gave to the man and put it in the man's name

When she discovered her husband was daring her Secretary her mistake was going to the mistress house to confront her

She requested for a divorce since he wanted to cheat.the man obliged.guess what

The man used all his resources the woman empowered him with his law skills expertise and his friends who are judges as well as financial power to displace the woman.

The woman left the marriage with nothing. Not even her kids money or her properties

Of which one of the houses she inherited from her rich father was where her husband camped his mistress

The woman lost big time and was admitted into rehab because she wasn't normal again. She became psychotic

She had nothing she could fight with

The women ngos she ran to were already at the man's side because they collected bribe

Bottonline of the movie is don't let your life be revolved around a marriage because there's no guarantee in marriage and so that if things don't work out as planned you won't be rendered to nothing
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
The one that is financially unstable or financially dependent get to lose the most undecided
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by sisisioge: 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
dangotesmummy:
In Nigeria it affects women however if a woman is emotionally financially socially ,parentally and legally empowered it'll Just be a slight injury FOR her but if she doesn't know her left from her right she will be reduced to nothing OR even go gaga. The movie ohun oko somida by shola sobiwale comes to my mind

This woman made her husband sacrificed her education while she was using her school fees her father gave her to pay her boyfriend now husband school fees .the husband studied law in school and she even paid and gave him support throughout his law school. The guy graduated and married her

Midlife crisis came.he started dating his sexy Secretary. Wife was an uneducated housewife because she invested her all in the man's life.all her inherited properties she gave to the man and put it in the man's name

When she discovered her husband was daring her Secretary her mistake was going to the mistress house to confront her

The man used all his resources the woman empowered him with his law skills expertise and his friends who are judges as well as financial power to displace the woman.

The woman left the marriage with nothing. Not even her kids money or her properties

Of which one of the houses she inherited from her rich father was where her husband camped his mistress

The woman lost big time and was admitted into rehab because she wasn't normal again. She became psychotic

The women ngos she ran to were already at the man's side because they collected bribe

Bottonline of the movie is don't let your life be revolved around a marriage because there's no guarantee in marriage and so that if things don't work out as planned you won't be rendered to nothing

Haaaaaaa! Whooopsidaisiesss! Iya Dangote, the movie is sorrowful but how is it possible for one not to let one's life revolve around one's marriage? I think it can't be helped once in it. Let's just hope one pitches one's tent with a God fearing spouse. Imagine the outcome of this story if she had gotten empowered after it appeared the Mo..ron could cater for her too. Like an informal education, vocational training or just get setup in business. She went to school, probably sat in those classes but just didn't pay fees thus no exams nau. She had the exposure too. That babe messed herself up...she did. I hope she was able to get pass it.

And the SOB, karma is a biatch. I just pity him. A small girl from no where will show him pepper someday.

In divorce, I think the one with more at stake loses more. If one is on the heavier side of emotional commitment...Na gobe.
If one is dependent on the other for basic needs...Na wahala.
In fact, the less attractive of the duo loses more. How woman wey oga don turn to turbo baby breeder whose body and mind has seen better days attract another in these days where dresses keep getting shorter? Chai, I think she should just first sue him for body maintenance before she lets go. Caroline Danjuma had to make oga pay for a new body though the old one wasn't rickety nau, why shouldn't Iya Bisi get a similar treatment? I know, na dream I dey dream smiley
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by MARKone(m): 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Well depends on the circumstances that led to the divorce, but generally I think it the women, men move in quite easily.
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by dangotesmummy: 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
sisisioge:

Haaaaaaa! Whooopsidaisiesss! Iya Dangote, the movie is sorrowful but how is it possible for one not to let one's life revolve around one's marriage? I think it can't be helped once in it. Let's just hope one pitches one's tent with a God fearing spouse. Imagine the outcome of this story if she had gotten empowered after it appeared the Mo..ron could cater for her too. Like an informal education, vocational training or just get setup in business. She went to school, probably sat in those classes but just didn't pay fees thus no exams nau. She had the exposure too. That babe messed herself up...she did. I hope she was able to get pass it.

And the SOB, karma is a biatch. I just pity him. A small girl from no where will show him pepper someday.

In divorce, I think the one with more at stake loses more. If one is on the heavier side of emotional commitment...Na gobe.
If one is dependent on the other for basic needs...Na wahala.
In fact, the less attractive of the duo loses more. How woman wey oga don turn to turbo baby breeder whose body and mind has seen better days attract another in these days where dresses keep getting shorter? Chai, I think she should just first sue him for body maintenance before she lets go. Caroline Danjuma had to make oga pay for a new body though the old one wasn't rickety nau, why shouldn't Iya Bisi get a similar treatment? I know, na dream I dey dream smiley
actually the movie was a tragic one with so many lessons. I just summarised the whole movie. When she was even speaking to the lawyer the state hired for her stating the genesis of her life etc you will cry

The message the writer of the movie is trying to pass across is be empowered. Have a back up plan b.don't invest so much into your spouse at your own expense that When the wind of marriage comes it will blow you away

Love with your brain not your heart

She eventually went to jail sef because after the court case she went to the man's house to ask for her kids even against court orders not to go to the man's house again till after court gives it's verdict . The man said he has sent the kids to u.k just because he didn't want the woman to see her kids for life. She then asked who is the person taking care of my kids

He said that's none of your buisness. The woman who was already going through crisis lost it at that point. She was like there's nothing again to live for. You have stripped me naked.

Shot her husband and turned herself in to the police to arrest her

Meanwhile the kids were with his girlfriend who he sent to u.k

Mercy aigbe was the girlfriend in the movie. If you're an emotional person you will cry when watching it

It was a very messy case and the woman was already traumatized. It was as if it was her against the world. The husband even had the support of his family. His brothers we're there for him throughout and they even bullied intimidated and even emotionally blackmailed the house help to speak against the woman in court when they we're fighting about the custody of her kids

They told the house help to say she's very aggressive and wicked.she ill treats me.doesn't give her kids food every time and cannot take care of her kids.the woman was schoked and put her hand on her head in court.crying like there's no tomorrow. They bribed the househelp to testify against the woman and lie against her
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by sisisioge: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
dangotesmummy:
actually the movie was a tragic one with so many lessons. I just summarised the whole movie. When she was even speaking to the lawyer the state hired for her stating the genesis of her life etc you will cry

The message the writer of the movie is trying to pass across is be empowered. Have a back up plan b.don't invest so much into your spouse at your own expense that When the wind of marriage comes it will blow you away

Love with your brain not your heart

She eventually went to jail sef because after the court case she went to the man's house to ask for her kids even against court orders not to go to the man's house again till after court gives it's verdict . The man said he has sent the kids to u.k just because he didn't want the woman to see her kids for life. She then asked who is the person taking care of my kids

He said that's none of your buisness. The woman who was already going through crisis lost it at that point. She was like there's nothing again to live for. You have stripped me naked.

Shot her husband and turned herself in to the police to arrest her

Meanwhile the kids were with his girlfriend who he sent to u.k

Mercy aigbe was the girlfriend in the movie. If you're an emotional person you will cry when watching it

It was a very messy case and the woman was already traumatized. It was as if it was her against the world. The husband even had the support of his family. His brothers we're there for him throughout and they even bullied intimidated and even emotionally blackmailed the house help to speak against the woman in court when they we're fighting about the custody of her kids

They told the house help to say she's very aggressive and wicked.she ill treats me.doesn't give her kids food every time and cannot take care of her kids.the woman was schoked and put her hand on her head in court.crying like there's no tomorrow. They bribed the househelp to testify against the woman and lie against her

Whew! What a work up! It is well.
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by zeb04(f): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
the one who never get to see the kids again or as much

1 Like

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by EfemenaXY: 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
dangotesmummy:

What kind of depressing story / movie is this na??

What woman in this day and age will be this stûpîd?? To hand over her school fees future over to a man? Money wey her papa give her for that matter?

Come, Sambarry take your time oh! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by dangotesmummy: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
EfemenaXY:

What kind of depressing story / movie is this na??

What woman in this day and age will be this stûpîd?? To hand over her school fees future over to a man? Money wey her papa give her for that matter?

Come, Sambarry take your time oh! angry angry
na loff grin

Bet if you're emotional and take movies personal don't watch it because its a very tragic movie cheesy
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by EfemenaXY: 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
dangotesmummy:
na loff grin

Bet if you're emotional and take movies personal don't watch it because its a very tragic movie cheesy

Not love. Acute desperation.

The movie should be renamed Desperate Moves.
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by drmikeadams(m): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
grin grin..it affected me even till now...if i ever divorce make boko haram comot my prick
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 28, 2016
I believe its the woman.
Re: Between The Man And The Woman Who Does Divorce Affects The Most? by dangotesmummy: 3:21am On Nov 28, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Not love. Acute desperation.

The movie should be renamed Desperate Moves.
lol grin

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Call Your Mum? / Husband Cries Out - My Wife Slaps & Punches Me During Sex, And Sometime Bites / Recipe 4 Making Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.