Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,813 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

"365": A Novelette - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "365": A Novelette (39319 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 19, 2016
KissChrix:
shockedshocked
Finally cheesygrin
Lleigh:
Well done swann .... grin Front page babes....well done
You both contributed to it smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by lytech1(m): 7:49am On Dec 19, 2016
mhiz:
Looks good, you should read through it again, I saw little spelling errors and stuff. Nice work, following.
bad belle
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 19, 2016
lytech1:
bad belle
Lol.. No be bad belle

It's actually good like that smiley

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Creeza(m): 8:01am On Dec 19, 2016
FP is really good. I was starting to wonder why 365 hadn't made it up there.. Turned out that 365 didn't have to wait for 365 days to make it grin, congrats dear or I'm seeing wonders ?
lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Hundreddegrees(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by mfujah(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2016
veekid:

Present ma'am
the cinema is full o... got 2 big cola and pup corn.. i can share if u dress small for me!
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2016
Creeza:
FP is really good. I was starting to wonder why 365 hadn't made it up there.. Turned out that 365 didn't have to wait for 365 days to make it grin, congrats dear or I'm seeing wonders ?
lipsrsealed

It's real grin. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2016
Hundreddegrees:
Nice one

Thank you for reading smiley smiley

mfujah:
the cinema is full o... got 2 big cola and pup corn.. i can share if u dress small for me!

You're welcome dear smiley Thanks for reading smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by mfujah(m): 10:15am On Dec 19, 2016
swann:

Thank you for reading smiley smiley

You're welcome dear smiley Thanks for reading smiley
one big cola for jare... my pleasure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by veekid(m): 10:30am On Dec 19, 2016
mfujah:
grin

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by ouzo1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2016
I take my native doctor beg u,come complete this story o
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
davide470:
If Kaylee says Yes, i will scatter their wedding myself angry.
You are one of them
Re: "365": A Novelette by davide470(m): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
jagugu88li:
You are one of them
You are not??
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
ouzo1:
I take my native doctor beg u,come complete this story o

I'll update later today... Thanks for stopping by smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by rachealfst(f): 5:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
Finally I'm here. Kaylee pls say yes and make this guy happy, but I guess that won't happen.

Nice story swann, thanks for sharing this great piece. More wisdom.......

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
rachealfst:
Finally I'm here. Kaylee pls say yes and make this guy happy, but I guess that won't happen.

Nice story swann, thanks for sharing this great piece. More wisdom.......

Thank you for reading smiley smiley You'll get to know her answer later today smiley

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
CHAPTER TEN

To all New readers kiss kiss

“No!” a voice shouted from the crowd.

David looked and saw Isabella running towards them, causing him to stand and shield Kaylee.

“No!” she shouted again as she held David by his shirt’s collar. “Please don’t do this to me. You can’t… shouldn’t. I’m begging you.”

David looked at her face which was stained with mascara-filled tears. “I’m sorry, Izzy,” he whispered into her ears.

“I hate you,” she yelled at him before running into the house.

David saw her grandmother and his father both follow her into the house. He was truly sorry. He had not expected for things to turn out the way they did but he did hope that she would be alright after that moment. He turned around and faced Kaylee who had her hands folded as she stood unmoved at a spot.

“So is it a yes?” He asked.

“Were you dating her, David?” Kaylee asked as she unfolded her hands.

“Kaylee, it isn’t how you think it is.”

“No way,” she answered as she shook her head and ran inside to look for Isabella.

The house was tricky. She had been inside before but now the memories of the location of various rooms had evaporated out of her head. She had entered the first room hoping it to be the guest bedroom but it had turned out to be the kitchen. She called out Isabella’s name as she further searched other rooms in the house.

“Over here,” she heard her reply from a room upstairs.

She quickly climbed the stairs almost missing some steps but regaining balance as she held the stair rail. She saw Isabella’s head pop out from a room and she walked towards it. She entered to see four chairs, three lined up to face one which was kept at a slight distance from the rest. Isabella, David’s father and another old woman occupied the three chairs, leaving the fourth lone.

The old woman looked at her from head to toe, scrutinizing her appearance.

“Sit,” The woman commanded.

Kaylee obeyed and sat on the chair facing the three.

“I’ve had a change of mind, Kaylee,” David’s father spoke up and crossed his legs. “You should accept his proposal.”

Isabella sulked as she looked to the floor, arms folded.

“What’s the condition?” Kaylee asked.

The man smirked. “You’re catching up, Kay. But there’s no condition in this one.”

“We are only watching out for the well-being of the boy,” the woman cut in. “Since you’re the one he wants, who are we to go against it?”

The woman smiled.

Kaylee felt uncomfortable at the woman smile. It hid a lot of evil behind it. It was hard to notice but she saw right through it. There was no way one’s eyes could show hatred and the lips showed love and acceptance. The features had to be aligned and right then, the hatred in her eyes surpassed her claimed ‘love’ on her lips.

“But,” Isabella added. “You have to get married by the end of next week.”

The Man and woman by her side looked at her, stunned. Their face twisted to a frown as if she had played outside an unwritten script but neither objected to her request and instead looked at Kaylee to see if she would.

“Are you really alright with this, Izzy?” Kaylee asked the still sulking girl

“Just do it. For me,” she replied.

Kaylee looked at the faces of everyone. She didn’t trust them but somehow, she trusted Isabella. So she would say yes.

David kissed Kaylee’s forehead as they lay together on the bed. He was happy that the moment was real. It was still funny how it had all played out. She had come running out of the house calling his name.

“Do I still get to answer the question?” she had asked as she caught up with him where he was sitting.

He grinned. “I guess third time’s the charm. Is it a yes?”

She nodded.

“What’s so funny?” she asked, bringing him out of his daydream.

He sighed happily. “I just had a good memory.”

“I hope we have better memories. Together.”

“We will. Together.”

They both locked themselves in an embrace

“No, Nonna,” Isabella yelled at the old woman. “We are not doing that to the poor girl.

The old woman looked at her lividly. “Isabella, this is for your own good.”

“What good is ‘my good’ when it turns out to be another person’s bad?”

“We’ve started this and we are going to end this,” the woman said as she walked out of the door and slammed it.

Isabella fell to the floor and ran her hands through her hair. Her situation was messed up and she couldn’t tell anyone about it. Her mind was unsettled as it tried to recollect where the plan gone wrong. It was the engagement day, after David had proposed to Kaylee and she ran inside. Her grandmother along with David’s father had followed her and begged her to follow them to the guest room. They had told her about ‘the plan’, which was to go on with David’s wedding plan but to make Kaylee disappear. She had been so consumed by jealously she had not realized what they meant by disappear or when she had told Kaylee to have the wedding early so she could ‘disappear’ quickly.

She folded herself on the floor and rocked her body. It was unlike her to make such mistakes as she was a person who wouldn’t even hurt an ant. There was no one to help her so she had to take matters into her hands. She would correct her mistakes. She didn’t know how at the moment but somehow, she would.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
I kinda pity Isabella though
Re: "365": A Novelette by alwazjay(m): 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
Intriguing grin
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
Messed up family! Kill Kaylee and see what love is capable of.

Isabella, before they also send you packing for ranting about "the plan", make sure you expose each and everyone of them

Papa David, I hate you more especially. Why cause your son pain, for the second time even? Mtcheeeeeew!

2 Likes

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nikkybrainz(f): 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
I'm in! Great story so far. You are absolutely amazing with the way you bring in your twits. I love the story. It's as fresh as a young virgin's bosom. You rock!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by davide470(m): 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
angry
Re: "365": A Novelette by eipreel(f): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2016
davide470:
angry

Now that she has said yes start preparing for wedding "scatterage" at least you will save her from the impending disappearance undecided

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 20, 2016
angryangry

Kaylee ,what a disappointment

David's father is doing what He thinks is best for His son , but killing/kidnapping Kaylee is the wrong way to go about it
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2016
Nikkybrainz:
I'm in! Great story so far. You are absolutely amazing with the way you bring in your twits. I love the story. It's as fresh as a young virgin's bosom. You rock!

Thank you *blushing*...

You Rock, too cool

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2016
davide470:
angry
She has made her choice tongue
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 20, 2016
KissChrix:
angryangry

Kaylee ,what a disappointment

David's father is doing what He thinks is best for His son , but killing/kidnapping Kaylee is the wrong way to go about it
undecided

Its the wrong way. But it's still a way smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 20, 2016
alwazjay:
Intriguing grin
Thanks for reading smiley smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 20, 2016
lovelygurl:
I kinda pity Isabella though
She really deserves it cry
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 20, 2016
jagugu88li:
Messed up family! Kill Kaylee and see what love is capable of.

Isabella, before they also send you packing for ranting about "the plan", make sure you expose each and everyone of them

Papa David, I hate you more especially. Why cause your son pain, for the second time even? Mtcheeeeeew!

Like you said, messed up family cheesy
Re: "365": A Novelette by Adesina12: 8:45am On Dec 20, 2016
I just don't know what to say or write angry
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 20, 2016
Adesina12:
I just don't know what to say or write angry

Just be happy for any character of your choice cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him / A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury / Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.