Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 (23471 Views)

Realme 64mp Camera Smartphones Will Be Released Today / HMD Confirms That All Nokia Smartphones Will Receive The Android P Update / All Current HMD Nokia Smartphones Will Get Android 8 Oreo Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by Saintp(m): 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
what features will they have in 2035?
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by akereconfi: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
I already have majority of them via my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

am literally living in 2017 cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by NaLaugh: 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
henryobinna:
bro, the fact is, it's only developing countries like Nigeria that have power problem that's why battery life seems to be a big deal. Chinese guys capitalize on that to sell you Powerbanks in the name of smartphone and you(we) are happy.

Not very true. I worked in telecom for 7 years, and battery life was always one of the biggest concerns by consumers.

It's not unique to developing countries. Although, I see where you're coming from, as it would be more of a problem in countries with power problems.
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by cyber5(m): 10:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
What interests me mostly is the VR, Processor and USB-C.

And op if only you heard the rumors about the smartphones that Nokia will release
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by foremost55(m): 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Great Improfment smiley cool shocked
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by excanny: 10:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
PhonePlanet:

i said precise. like dual cameras, usb type c, quad led flash, 4k resolution screen. they are all improvements on existing technologies but precise. not just telling me better camera and better screen

the improvement were precise enough except you didn't read through.
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by hylyne(m): 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Imagine all those innovations, but no one is talking about improving battery life/capacity!

It's usually Nigerians, that are usually bothered by battery life.
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by Sultty(m): 11:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
pls Who has Nokia 3310 charger
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by paradigmshift(m): 12:10am On Nov 28, 2016
I need a better battery Android.. well am stuck with Motorola , one plus 4, rugged phones.. well if Na battery gionne and Infinix Na Bros and am using one ..
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by R0ckefeller: 12:12am On Nov 28, 2016
HARDDON:

But u know they r!

We cutrently have 6060 mAH batteries , there wud even be higher oned
bro go read bout oukitel k10000 you we know that 6060 is still learning
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 28, 2016
I heard the next tecno phantom is coming with an inbuilt Helicopter and Helipad

grin

...... maddest innovations yet
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 28, 2016
To those talking about battery...unfortunatly, most of these manufacturers do not have 3rd world countries in mind when producing this phones. In developed countries, they dont worry much about battery life as there are usb charging ports everywhere from extention cords, pc, cars e.t.c and electric power is always available.
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by fkdmods: 1:29am On Nov 28, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
This year was a great year for most smartphone manufacturers apart from Samsung. With the current developments in Mobile Technology, I must say that many Smartphone users have a lot to look forward to in 2017.

Devices will be slimmer, faster, and a little more intelligent than you’d like.
Virtual reality is also going to spread to budget smartphones, and there will be improvements in graphics, higher resolution screens, and more storage.

With apps like Android Pay expanding to many countries trust me , you’ll be using your smartphone to pay for products and log into websites.

Google's Deep learning could help smartphones detect a user's behavior and considerably improve the mobile experience. Expect to see a renaissance in smartphone designs, and some manufacturers may use wireless audio to replace headphone jacks in more of their devices handsets. USB-C will replace older connector and charging cables.

Here's a quick round up of the Top 10 Features Smartphones will have in 2017:

1. New designs :Leaks keep coming up everyday on different websites with new smartphone designs. There's a rumor that Apple will be giving a facelift to its 10 year old iPhone design and also Samsung will be unveiling a foldable smartphone. I'm not certain these will happen, but like every year, expect something new.

This year, two of the hottest trending smartphones like the Moto Z and LG G5, were partly inspired by Google’s now defunct modular project (Project Ara) . Some innovations were also unveiled this year. This includes Lenovo’s Cplus a foldable prototype smartphone that can also be worn like a watch. LG and Samsung also talked about smartphones with folding displays.

2. Faster processors : Graphics will certainly be smoother, and applications will run much faster on many smartphones released next year . Qualcomm has already announced the Snapdragon 835, which could be installed in some premium Android smartphones from top mobile companies. Some may decide to opt for Mediatek’s Helio X30, which has 10 CPU cores (deca-core) , the highest number among mobile processors. That’s a lot of processing speed, and mobile devices will move closer to computers in overall performance.

3. Virtual reality :The main point of speeding up mobile devices is to allow them to run virtual reality apps , which demand heavy resources. It’ll be possible to plug handsets into Google’s DayDream View VR headset to watch movies, play games, or roam in a VR universe.

VR is currently limited to a few handsets like Samsung’s Galaxy S7, but it’ll come to more high-end and mid-range phones next year. The VR smartphones will also need to have high-resolution displays to deliver a stunning visual experience.

4. Faster LTE :4G LTE speeds will get a serious boost with new modem technologies. Smartphones like the Galaxy S7 and Apple’s iPhone 7 can download data over LTE networks at a maximum speed of 600Mbps (bits per second), and upload data at 150Mbps. Download speeds could reach close to 1Gbps with Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon X16 modem, which should reach devices in the second half of 2017. Achieving that speed also depends on the network capabilities of the service provider .

5. USB-C :This is the year USB-C will be replacing the old micro-USB 2.0 ports in Android handsets. USB-C is very versatile. Apart from charging, it can also be used to connect mobile devices to high-definition monitors, headphones, flash drives, and external storage devices.

6. Wireless audio :There’s a huge chance that majority of smartphones will still have headphone jacks, but like Apple, some may make get the “courage” to remove it. Those handsets will then have to switch to Bluetooth earphones. That means the extra stress of buying and always charging the wireless headsets, but getting rid of the headphone jack could result in thinner and lighter handsets. Some LeEco and Motorola devices have already been released with wireless audio.

7.Faster charging :Smartphones will also charge much faster with USB-C cables, which carry more power to a battery. There’s also new technology like Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4, which will help smartphones run for five hours after just five minutes of charging. That technology will reach smartphones next year.

8.Smarter Phones :Lenovo’s Phab 2 Pro augmented reality smartphones powered by Google Tango can recognize objects, map out rooms, and present relevant information about objects in sight on a handset’s screen. That’s a really good example of how smartphones will evolve to enrich the user experience.

Deep-learning techniques in smartphones could also contribute to making smartphones friendlier. For example, a device could learn how hardware is being used by a specific application, and over time, better modulate power usage to improve battery life. Smartphones can already recognize images and speech recognition via online services, but deep-learning enhancements could bring those capabilities offline.

9. Bluetooth 5 :Devices could soon get the new Bluetooth 5.0, which will have two times the speed and four times the range of its predecessor, Bluetooth 4.2. A Bluetooth 5 connection could stretch up to 400 meters in a clear line of sight, but with obstructions, a 120-meter range is considered more realistic by analysts. You will be able to use a mobile device to operate a wireless Bluetooth speaker or unlock your a car from a farther distance.

10. More Storage :Having an extra storage on your smartphone never hurts, whether it's to store videos, photos, or games. Currently, internal storage tops out at 256GB and SD storage at 512GB, but SanDisk this year showed a prototype 1TB SD card. The company didn’t provide a ship date for the product, but higher-capacity SD cards will be unveiled soon. .

Are you sure you are not talking about 2016? More than half of what you are talking about already exists na.
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by megasoul: 2:13am On Nov 28, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Imagine all those innovations, but no one is talking about improving battery life/capacity!

Battery life is the Achilles heel of mobile technology. They would likely never invent a battery that can last for days or weeks. Right from the inception of mobile phones, every single component has evolved tremendously except the battery. The reason is probably not because they don't have the technological know how to. There is probably a conspiracy theory involved here. Imagine if a phone battery is built to last for weeks. That simply means that if the battery design is scaled up, it could power a car for days, it could power industries, airplanes, ships etc. That would be the end of fossil fuel. I'm not talking about Nickel Cadmium or Lithium Ion battery technology. I'm talking about something totally different. They won't anyway, for thesame reason why they haven't built a car that runs on water. The corporations won't allow such inventions fly. They will frustrate who ever tries to just like Nicholai Tesla was frustrated. Just like they have frustrated the cures for HIV and cancer.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by GMBuhari: 6:17am On Nov 28, 2016
13. More expensive grin grin
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 28, 2016
These are not new at all , fold-able display may likely come fully and we woild be seeing more of dual front camera ,8GB RAM etc
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by reasonwitme: 6:46am On Nov 28, 2016
what if we have an app for sharing battery life. my son can't have 97% battery wasting n I'm having 3%.let's have an app like sharing battery % by xender,Bluetooth or an entirely new app for battery sharing.just reason with me.
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by TheSociopath(m): 7:17am On Nov 28, 2016
Mckandre:
it can be made possible. Ve u watched theses first worldwar documentaries? If u ve noticed they carry a huge communicating module in a special pouch,due to the weight and interference it caused in action combat,it was later modified and advanced to light weight walkie talkie and mobile phones u see around now. So if u ask me,if that was made possible tell me why wont i ve a miniature AC cooling feature in my mobile phone. grin

Bro, since the whites don't need it, they might not invent it. Like in England, it's cold for 9 months out of 12 in a year!
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by princetom1(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2016
ObaKlaz:

They are always working on this. It's a very hard nut to crack, but expect break through in 3 years upward time
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by princetom1(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
This year was a great year for most smartphone manufacturers apart from Samsung. With the current developments in Mobile Technology, I must say that many Smartphone users have a lot to look forward to in 2017.

Devices will be slimmer, faster, and a little more intelligent than you’d like.
Virtual reality is also going to spread to budget smartphones, and there will be improvements in graphics, higher resolution screens, and more storage.

With apps like Android Pay expanding to many countries trust me , you’ll be using your smartphone to pay for products and log into websites.

Google's Deep learning could help smartphones detect a user's behavior and considerably improve the mobile experience. Expect to see a renaissance in smartphone designs, and some manufacturers may use wireless audio to replace headphone jacks in more of their devices handsets. USB-C will replace older connector and charging cables.

Here's a quick round up of the Top 10 Features Smartphones will have in 2017:

1. New designs :Leaks keep coming up everyday on different websites with new smartphone designs. There's a rumor that Apple will be giving a facelift to its 10 year old iPhone design and also Samsung will be unveiling a foldable smartphone. I'm not certain these will happen, but like every year, expect something new.

This year, two of the hottest trending smartphones like the Moto Z and LG G5, were partly inspired by Google’s now defunct modular project (Project Ara) . Some innovations were also unveiled this year. This includes Lenovo’s Cplus a foldable prototype smartphone that can also be worn like a watch. LG and Samsung also talked about smartphones with folding displays.

2. Faster processors : Graphics will certainly be smoother, and applications will run much faster on many smartphones released next year . Qualcomm has already announced the Snapdragon 835, which could be installed in some premium Android smartphones from top mobile companies. Some may decide to opt for Mediatek’s Helio X30, which has 10 CPU cores (deca-core) , the highest number among mobile processors. That’s a lot of processing speed, and mobile devices will move closer to computers in overall performance.

3. Virtual reality :The main point of speeding up mobile devices is to allow them to run virtual reality apps , which demand heavy resources. It’ll be possible to plug handsets into Google’s DayDream View VR headset to watch movies, play games, or roam in a VR universe.

VR is currently limited to a few handsets like Samsung’s Galaxy S7, but it’ll come to more high-end and mid-range phones next year. The VR smartphones will also need to have high-resolution displays to deliver a stunning visual experience.

4. Faster LTE :4G LTE speeds will get a serious boost with new modem technologies. Smartphones like the Galaxy S7 and Apple’s iPhone 7 can download data over LTE networks at a maximum speed of 600Mbps (bits per second), and upload data at 150Mbps. Download speeds could reach close to 1Gbps with Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon X16 modem, which should reach devices in the second half of 2017. Achieving that speed also depends on the network capabilities of the service provider .

5. USB-C :This is the year USB-C will be replacing the old micro-USB 2.0 ports in Android handsets. USB-C is very versatile. Apart from charging, it can also be used to connect mobile devices to high-definition monitors, headphones, flash drives, and external storage devices.

6. Wireless audio :There’s a huge chance that majority of smartphones will still have headphone jacks, but like Apple, some may make get the “courage” to remove it. Those handsets will then have to switch to Bluetooth earphones. That means the extra stress of buying and always charging the wireless headsets, but getting rid of the headphone jack could result in thinner and lighter handsets. Some LeEco and Motorola devices have already been released with wireless audio.

7.Faster charging :Smartphones will also charge much faster with USB-C cables, which carry more power to a battery. There’s also new technology like Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4, which will help smartphones run for five hours after just five minutes of charging. That technology will reach smartphones next year.

8.Smarter Phones :Lenovo’s Phab 2 Pro augmented reality smartphones powered by Google Tango can recognize objects, map out rooms, and present relevant information about objects in sight on a handset’s screen. That’s a really good example of how smartphones will evolve to enrich the user experience.

Deep-learning techniques in smartphones could also contribute to making smartphones friendlier. For example, a device could learn how hardware is being used by a specific application, and over time, better modulate power usage to improve battery life. Smartphones can already recognize images and speech recognition via online services, but deep-learning enhancements could bring those capabilities offline.

9. Bluetooth 5 :Devices could soon get the new Bluetooth 5.0, which will have two times the speed and four times the range of its predecessor, Bluetooth 4.2. A Bluetooth 5 connection could stretch up to 400 meters in a clear line of sight, but with obstructions, a 120-meter range is considered more realistic by analysts. You will be able to use a mobile device to operate a wireless Bluetooth speaker or unlock your a car from a farther distance.

10. More Storage :Having an extra storage on your smartphone never hurts, whether it's to store videos, photos, or games. Currently, internal storage tops out at 256GB and SD storage at 512GB, but SanDisk this year showed a prototype 1TB SD card. The company didn’t provide a ship date for the product, but higher-capacity SD cards will be unveiled soon. .

Op, u no dey follow happening o. OK let me give u the gist on number 1, just Google XIAOMI MI MIX and then @ number 4, download speed will be at 1g on Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by owale51(m): 9:06am On Nov 28, 2016
No 7 is nt possible for now
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by hartson(m): 9:18am On Nov 28, 2016
Smart Gadgets
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by Jayyoh(m): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2016
Noticed
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by EEZe(m): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2016
reasonwitme:
what if we have an app for sharing battery life. my son can't have 97% battery wasting n I'm having 3%.let's have an app like sharing battery % by xender,Bluetooth or an entirely new app for battery sharing.just reason with me.
expect this 2039 meanwhile your son will only assist you with 10percent
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by onyedika946(m): 11:38am On Nov 28, 2016
henryobinna:
bro, the fact is, it's only developing countries like Nigeria that have power problem that's why battery life seems to be a big deal. Chinese guys capitalize on that to sell you Powerbanks in the name of smartphone and you(we) are happy.
If you are not happy, the Africa should wake up n do the needful.
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by onyedika946(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2016
Lala call me when one is able to print cash via smartphone. cry
Re: Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 by Danfaster(m): 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
Well, this is a good prophecy. (fore-telling the future) about smartphones, oh yeah. But what does the future holds for phones' battery durability? Prophet oya, yan me about dat one too!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatsapp To Roll Out 3 New Layers Of Security To Wrap Up Messages In New Feature / Weekend Talk: Whats The Worst Phone You’ve Ever Used? Lets Discuss / Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.