Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies (20014 Views)

Social Media Tax Is Now Active In Uganda / Telecom Companies In Nigeria Will Start Paying N500,000 Fine For Unsolicited Mes / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by jkaro(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
Am not understanding this govt again... Una Don mental b Dat now. How can governor go de talk that trash.... My call de reach 15mins oooooo.. U chop wire....

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by alex81(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
just look at ds ds governor!!! after all his academic degrees ds is d best he could come up with nawa!

Where are all d money dey recovered from ex-politicians?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Codes151(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
Vicboi1:
Honestly to me what the cbn said is 50% true if truly They would use that money for something but on the other hand why i don't support it is because we all know that all this evil politicians and co would see this as a way to steal more money cmon we all know this country politicians they are after their pockets
what is wrong with you In the whole of nigeria, the govt have nothing else to add tax except on things like calls N u support it!! Smh yimu

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by JaypeeAnics(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
please tell him... tell our clueless leader's... sets of old fools that has nothing to offer... imagine fashola saying that prayer cannot take us out of this recession....I know if prayer can't, come 2019 we will retrace of mistakes and vote you guys out....
they just want us to die b4 2019 but Kolewerk.... our God pass them
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by oluxy(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
This CBN governor, is this the hughest idea he gat?

Very soon, he will say, churches, mosques n other worshippers should be giving FG offering on Sunday n Friday for revenue to come in.

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by yommen: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
Vicboi1:
Honestly to me what the cbn said is 50% true if truly They would use that money for something but on the other hand why i don't support it is because we all know that all this evil politicians and co would see this as a way to steal more money cmon we all know this country politicians they are after their pockets

CBN right

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by ephi123(f): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
baybeeboi:

There's nothing right about what the CBN gover has said in anyway.

We buy PMS at a price we have never bought before in the history of nigeria

We pay 50 naira for every 1thousand that comes into our account.

How about the outrageous amount we now pay for light bills?

All these and we are yet to see any significat improvement on the economy and wellbeing of Nigerians and den we begin to wonder why we are even paying all those and one old bald assed confused man is asking for another tax, is he màd?

We the masses have been screaming that the best way for the government to generate income is to cut political excesses.

Imagine Buhari alone eating food of 1.2 billion naira in a year where as my local government in all ints entirety cannot consume such an amount on in 2years.

State Governors collect a whoping 500million naira monthly for security votes and funny enough you see them with securities paid from the federal coffers.

If Emiefele is confused and out of ideas like his oga at the top he should just step his old bald ass down and save us some peace.

Later some zone-bs will come and type "Buhari is fighting corruption" undecided

The man is retrogressing the country even further and at a worse speed than we've ever seen before.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by refreshrate: 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
These r3tards won't get my money Na to buy earpiece then monitor call 2.58 kpam I cut am then call again
Who no know go know - raekado
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by davidif: 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
Is this even legal? Na wa o. Can't this guy's sue the fed govt?
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by baybeeboi: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
ephi123:

Later some zone-bs will come and type "Buhari is fighting corruption" undecided

The man is retrogressing the country even further and at a worse speed than we've ever seen before.

His corruption fight is not my concern though.

My concern is the excuses he has to give each time about fall in oil price.

The bank tax, the fuel price hike and electricity tarrif hike, were they not to make up for the oil price fall?

Its because some of us will as confusedly hail and support their retrogressive policies and fail to tell them the truth that they see the rest of us as moròns

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by DengXioping(m): 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
Clueless Emefiele

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by pressplay411(m): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
What else do you expect from a CBN Governor that's Financially, Economically and Professionally a Dunce?

Honestly #EmefieleMustGo

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by ephi123(f): 10:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
baybeeboi:

His corruption fight is not my concern though.

My concern is the excuses he has to give each time about fall in oil price.

The bank tax, the fuel price hike and electricity tarrif hike, were they not to make up for the oil price fall?

Its because some of us will as confusedly hail and support their retrogressive policies and fail to tell them the truth that they see the rest of us as moròns

I totally agree, everyone must speak out against these harsh unfriendly policies.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by bode0505: 10:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
Sometimes ï wonder if some people think before they bring abt somethings... how do they expect us to cope considering the economic hardship already in place with their so called 3minutes call tax... i shake my head for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by baybeeboi: 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
ephi123:

I totally agree, everyone must speak out against these harsh unfriendly policies.

Btw, so you are the owner/ CEO of google
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by MARKone(m): 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
This Godwin man have outlived his usefulness, and should be sacked or retired immediately, we are still trying to absorb the impending hike in data, now this, they must be mad, in short.....

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by ststyreal(f): 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
God please forgive me, I think this man needs to be taken care of, for making such a statement. He has forgotten that some people make calls with their last money just to beg whom they are calling for money or other important things they need, and u decide to tax them again, for what? Why not volunteer to reduce your salary, since you want to show how relevant you are to the world.. We are getting tired of this sufferings. They should please stop all this, it isn't funny anymore. They should at least for once think of the masses. Enough of this suffering pleaseeeeeeee

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by ephi123(f): 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
baybeeboi:

Btw, so you are the owner/ CEO of google

I wish! cheesy
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by baybeeboi: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
ephi123:

I wish! cheesy

Hehe, ur profile says otherwise.

I been wan find rope tie ur waist to my own oo
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by macherie1: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
If this is the CBN governor's solution to recession, then we are in real deep sh*t. You can never solve recession by making life more difficult for people rather, the government should come up with policies that encourage people to spend. Reduce interest rate, borrow if you must to finance projects so money can be injected into the economy.

Taxing phone calls will only frustrate communication. Communication is key in development and execution of ideas which is the bedrock for growth in an economy. It is completely ridiculous that the CBN governor will make such a suggestion.

If you must raise tax, increase the tax for the high income bracket individuals and companies. Go after them. people like e-money who go to parties with money spraying machine. Increase the tax of the likes of Dangote and Otedola. That is what developed countries do.

As long as Buhari continues to have his quack economic team in office, there is no getting out of this recession anytime soon. We just have to sit it out or demand for a change in government.

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by frisky2good(m): 11:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
At the end of it all, it is the southerners that will generate the bulk of the money and the whole country will share it equally.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by ephi123(f): 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
baybeeboi:

Hehe, ur profile says otherwise.

I been wan find rope tie ur waist to my own oo

You are on your own oh, lol!
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by CosmicJames(m): 11:25pm On Nov 26, 2016
UnknownT:
But to increase the price of data from December 1st is economically right ! #Iranu
That one is still under review. Lets wait till then
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by messenger4891: 11:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
baybeeboi:

There's nothing right about what the CBN gover has said in anyway.

We buy PMS at a price we have never bought before in the history of nigeria

We pay 50 naira for every 1thousand that comes into our account.

How about the outrageous amount we now pay for light bills?

All these and we are yet to see any significat improvement on the economy and wellbeing of Nigerians and den we begin to wonder why we are even paying all those and one old bald assed confused man is asking for another tax, is he màd?

We the masses have been screaming that the best way for the government to generate income is to cut political excesses.

Imagine Buhari alone eating food of 1.2 billion naira in a year where as my local government in all ints entirety cannot consume such an amount on in 2years.

State Governors collect a whoping 500million naira monthly for security votes and funny enough you see them with securities paid from the federal coffers.

If Emiefele is confused and out of ideas like his oga at the top he should just step his old bald ass down and save us some peace.
such taxation will go along way to affect the economy and poor masses negatively blc the network providers will one way or the other fix theirs and it all goes down to final consumer....economic policies of this government is ZERO and unfriendly to masses.no effect of subsidy removal...kai! God help us all
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by baybeeboi: 11:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
ephi123:

You are on your own oh, lol!

Arrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by ephi123(f): 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
baybeeboi:

Arrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!! shocked shocked shocked

cheesy
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by mediocre(m): 11:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
Na to dey use SMS naa, e no hard

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by 989900D: 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
I can't believe Emefiele and gang are this st00pid, and callous! sad sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by mrsdakpo: 12:42am On Nov 27, 2016
Very wrong
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by mmsen: 1:56am On Nov 27, 2016
bomboyi:
The CBN governor lacks basic understanding of taxation, once this his proposal is implemented, people will automatically reduce their call duration thereby affecting both the present VAT and the corporate tax. The best way to generate revenue during recession is to lower your prices. More calls and more revenue.

Is this really coming from Emefiele because I really have a hard time believing that someone who studied economics would come up with such a foolish proposal.

This sounds like something that a man who didn't finish school would think of.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 27, 2016
Yomi6:
The government is so full of dullards ehn?
Wetin I dey talk sef... When the Oga at top is clueless what do you expect.
Heavy taxation on everything we do is not the answer for God's sake.
Diversify this economy, start mechanized farming. Taxing us for everything we do will not us and the government or economy!
There are other ways to generate revenue other than taxation!
Haha hahahahahahaha haha
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Abeymills(m): 4:37am On Nov 27, 2016
U see by d time Buhari n his agents of darkness put d country on total lock down then may b we will unite n revolt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sony Xperia Z Or Samsung Galaxy S4: Which Should I Buy? / Six Ways Smartphones Ruin Our Life / Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.