Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies (20015 Views)

Social Media Tax Is Now Active In Uganda / Telecom Companies In Nigeria Will Start Paying N500,000 Fine For Unsolicited Mes / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 27, 2016
The bald dumbskull is even DUMBER than his DAFT/self-serving boss!....insatiable senile kleptos!!!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 27, 2016
Naija will not know peace till these senile crooks kiss their graves! #BITTER TRUTH!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by olisafincy(m): 5:34am On Nov 27, 2016
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by calabardick(m): 5:58am On Nov 27, 2016
Can you imagine the kind of senseless demon that is in charge of Nigerian economy?

Please where is this man from? NCA, please I need feedback

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by awa(m): 6:19am On Nov 27, 2016
Honestly there is something wrong with this Buhari regime and I guess Nigerians are now seeing it.

Stupidity runs in DNA of this regime

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by SycophanticGoat: 6:26am On Nov 27, 2016
baybeeboi:

There's nothing right about what the CBN gover has said in anyway.

We buy PMS at a price we have never bought before in the history of nigeria

We pay 50 naira for every 1thousand that comes into our account.

How about the outrageous amount we now pay for light bills?

All these and we are yet to see any significat improvement on the economy and wellbeing of Nigerians and den we begin to wonder why we are even paying all those and one old bald assed confused man is asking for another tax, is he màd?

We the masses have been screaming that the best way for the government to generate income is to cut political excesses.

Imagine Buhari alone eating food of 1.2 billion naira in a year where as my local government in all ints entirety cannot consume such an amount on in 2years.

State Governors collect a whoping 500million naira monthly for security votes and funny enough you see them with securities paid from the federal coffers.

If Emiefele is confused and out of ideas like his oga at the top he should just step his old bald ass down and save us some peace.

Not forgetting that the prices of data plans will go up to over 150% by 1st December and all other numerous taxes introduced by this useless and heartless government. If I had an openly corrupt politician who hears the cry of the masses, then he's better preferred than a covertly corrupt incorruptible general who doesn't care if people die of hardship or not.

By the way, Buhari's feeding budget is N1. 7 billion
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by PrettyClare7(f): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2016
APC has messed this country up. tufiakwa.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by SycophanticGoat: 6:39am On Nov 27, 2016
Chanchit:
Smh for Nigeria. This useless government were all talks but no show, I can't just believe someone can be this useless to the extent of making making even old people confess they've never witness a Nigeria this worse and he's not even done with us, everything thing from food items to drugs, just name it have all doubled their prices and the one that maintain their normal cost are all making up for it by reducing in size even pure water sef have reduced their nylon. That's how bad this is.
The annoying part of this whole nonsense is that they would feel non of the effects, they would use special lines that won't be taxed. China should just come and buy this useless country.

My pvc is in a safe place come 2019.

I swear. What annoys me most is that they don't even care about our sufferings. They just want to keep up with the exploitation. GEJ's government was corrupt but he was never this hard hearted.

Even the Sachet water you're talking about is now sold for N200 a bag in my area and most times I consume two if it. I done port to borehole water. After all na borehole water them dey package inside Sachet they sell. In short, our own is even more hygienic because we boil it before consumption.

Even data prices will go up by 150% by December. Na to stop subscription go sure pass be that. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. We must survive whether Buhari and Emefiele likes it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by SycophanticGoat: 6:40am On Nov 27, 2016
PrettyClare7:
APC has messed this country up. tufiakwa.

I like you, talk your own... kiss cheesy wink
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by PrettyClare7(f): 6:42am On Nov 27, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I like you, talk your own... kiss cheesy wink
that's one hell of a moniker
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by SycophanticGoat: 6:43am On Nov 27, 2016
Seenyo:
The bald dumbskull is even DUMBER than his DAFT/self-serving boss!....insatiable senile kleptos!!!

Emefiele knows quite well that Buhari enjoys seeing people suffer under his government that is why Emefiele is desperate to introduce more suffering and Buhari keeps cheering him on. A considerate leader would have kicked Emefiele out long ago, but Buhari won't do that because Emefiele is only doing him a favor.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by SycophanticGoat: 6:43am On Nov 27, 2016
PrettyClare7:
that's one hell of a moniker

You like it?
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by PrettyClare7(f): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

You like it?
it's funny. that's all
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by SycophanticGoat: 6:47am On Nov 27, 2016
PrettyClare7:
it's funny. that's all

Ok
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Bestbeelieve: 6:50am On Nov 27, 2016
It is a DuNCE!!!
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by EdDave(m): 6:53am On Nov 27, 2016
This clueless president and his cohorts will not go and repatriate our looted money to run this economy. Na to dey tax the already ailing masses.
God ll judge you all.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Chanchit: 6:54am On Nov 27, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I swear. What annoys me most is that they don't even care about our sufferings. They just want to keep up with the exploitation. GEJ's government was corrupt but he was never this hard hearted.

Even the Sachet water you're talking about is now sold for N200 a bag in my area and most sometimes consume two if it. I done port to borehole water. After all na borehole water them dey package inside Sachet they sell. In short, our own is even more hygienic because we boil it before consumption.

Even data prices will go up by 150% by December. Na to stop subscription go sure pass be that. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. We must survive whether Buhari and Emefiele likes it or not.

They know we would definitely buy data before eating, that's why they entered that zone too, Come what it may, I can't do without that data, they want to chase us off the internet which won't be possible, at worse I would run to Togo but I would definitely come around to vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by majormofor(m): 6:55am On Nov 27, 2016
which way Nigeria,the only language dey hear is strike,protest.etc unfortunately no leading candidate to start dat,other political parties r d ones dat should come out to say dis wasn't wat we want for Nigerians wen we requested for dere vote,bt where r dey nw?? for me all political parties for nw are d same..This government is sleeping dey need something to wake dem up.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by realunclej(m): 7:10am On Nov 27, 2016
What happen to WhatsApp. It seems most of my clients prefer to chat on WhatsApp than call. The network people are in for a shock let them try it.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2016
I have to pay so much as tax yet I don't get to see anything. I still ply thesame bad roads, no electricity, insecurity is on the rise. I'm practically a government on my own cos I provide my amenities myself and someone is proposing call tax again. Can you guys cut down on government expenses, all those senators and house of reps doing nothing can their salaries be slashed? That would be enough savings.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Beesluv: 7:31am On Nov 27, 2016
Na to set my call timer to 2.59mins
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 27, 2016
I concur!
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Mockinbird: 7:45am On Nov 27, 2016
baybeeboi:

All these and we are yet to see any significat improvement on the economy and wellbeing of Nigerians and den we begin to wonder why we are even paying all those and one old bald assed confused man is asking for another tax, is he màd?

We the masses have been screaming that the best way for the government to generate income is to cut political excesses.

Imagine Buhari alone eating food of 1.2 billion naira in a year where as my local government in all ints entirety cannot consume such an amount on in 2years.

State Governors collect a whoping 500million naira monthly for security votes and funny enough you see them with securities paid from the federal coffers.

If Emiefele is confused and out of ideas like his oga at the top he should just step his old bald ass down and save us some peace.
Last night, i bought a single shavin stick for N100, Guiness Malta@N150 and a fresh egg @N50; All thanks to the daura govt.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:47am On Nov 27, 2016
baybeeboi:

You have spoken the mind of so MANY.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:50am On Nov 27, 2016
Oildichotomy:
Everything about this government from the presidency to ministries to legislators to parastatals and agencies radiates incompetence and lack of good sense of judgement.

How they manage to think the way they do everytime is beyond me.
They are only thinking about how to generate money for themselves and not for the masses benefit
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by kings09(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2016
Seems ur brain n sense of humanity r all located in anus. Dats all I can say to u.
Vicboi1:
Honestly to me what the cbn said is 50% true if truly They would use that money for something but on the other hand why i don't support it is because we all know that all this evil politicians and co would see this as a way to steal more money cmon we all know this country politicians they are after their pockets
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by FunkyMetahuman: 7:59am On Nov 27, 2016
No wonder all his monetary policies aren't working

Emiefiele is the dumbest cbn president ever.
Not surprised though, a clueless corrupt ediot hired him anyway and he will be the downfall of Buhari of he fails to fire him and employ a competent person.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by ogoplus: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2016
Please has the CBN Governor done the needful for dependants of the man who dead while trying to rescue Mrs Emiefiele from kidnappers?
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Rushmore(f): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2016
The CBN governor is a cow! no offense intended Oo
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by ugooinnocent: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2016
no reasonable human being will talk like this. This man must be sick. Fix exchange rate you are busy talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by profosa: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2016
Nigerians make me laugh a lot.Ghana's VAT rate is 15%. see http://www.gra.gov.gh/index.php/tax-information/value-added-tax

Meanwhile we pay 5% VAT,the lowest in West Africa,still yet a lot of Companies do not remit anything to government.

Ghana's Telecom Tax rate is 6%.see http://www.gra.gov.gh/docs/info/cst_act.pdf

But Nigerians, no telecom tax because they are waiting for 2.2million barrel of oil to feed.God please crash oil to $5 so that Nigerians would wake up from their slumber.Tax is the only sustainable way to grow your revenue not Oil.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by bank2k4real(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2016
Hmmmmm.. ...just like in Ghana.. .they are busy shouting change change.. .

I pity them come Dec 7... Just imagine a presidential aspirant printing a recharge card with their pictures on it. .when you buy and recharge. .you get half of the money you bought.

.eg you buy 5 cedis card.. Recharged and you get 2cedis 50 pesewas.

Abeg is that the change they are warming up for??

I need answers ooo. ..before they suffer what my Naija people are suffering

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Ways Smartphones Ruin Our Life / Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries / Samsung Galaxy S10: All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.