Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies (19998 Views)

Social Media Tax Is Now Active In Uganda / Telecom Companies In Nigeria Will Start Paying N500,000 Fine For Unsolicited Mes / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by profosa: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2016
Nigerians make me laugh a lot.Ghana's VAT rate is 15%. see http://www.gra.gov.gh/index.php/tax-information/value-added-tax

Meanwhile we pay 5% VAT,the lowest in West Africa,still yet a lot of Companies do not remit anything to government.

Ghana's Telecom Tax rate is 6%.see http://www.gra.gov.gh/docs/info/cst_act.pdf

But Nigerians, no telecom tax because they are waiting for 2.2million barrel per day of oil to feed.God please crash oil to $5 so that Nigerians would wake up from their slumber.Tax is the only sustainable way to grow your revenue not Oil.

South Africa pays 14% VAT and 5% Fuel charge.while would Nigeria be different because of your miserly 2.2million barrel per day for a population of close to 200milliom
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by thoollz: 11:30am On Nov 27, 2016
profosa:
Nigerians make me laugh a lot.Ghana's VAT rate is 15%. see http://www.gra.gov.gh/index.php/tax-information/value-added-tax

Meanwhile we pay 5% VAT,the lowest in West Africa,still yet a lot of Companies do not remit anything to government.

Ghana's Telecom Tax rate is 6%.see http://www.gra.gov.gh/docs/info/cst_act.pdf

But Nigerians, no telecom tax because they are waiting for 2.2million barrel per day of oil to feed.God please crash oil to $5 so that Nigerians would wake up from their slumber.Tax is the only sustainable way to grow your revenue not Oil.

South Africa pays 14% VAT and 5% Fuel charge.while would Nigeria be different because of your miserly 2.2million barrel per day for a population of close to 200milliom

Bros u claim to b a prof and u reason like this?
If nigeria is a country that works, do u think we'll bulge? All d taxes that d government gets from private companies and corrupt politicians, what has it been used for? South Africa is miles ahead of us, Nigerians are running to Ghana, BT if this is implemented, we'll regret it because it'll b abused.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by smileyoo: 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
dis govt, must u be taxing ur people to death? bt d painful truth is, d more money generated, the more there is to be stolen & squarndered by dis greedy politicians. if dis policy is introduced, i 'll simply stop making calls. thank god, there are other means of comunication.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by CrudeGH: 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
bank2k4real:
Hmmmmm.. ...just like in Ghana.. .they are busy shouting change change.. .

I pity them come Dec 7... Just imagine a presidential aspirant printing a recharge card with their pictures on it. .when you buy and recharge. .you get half of the money you bought.

.eg you buy 5 cedis card.. Recharged and you get 2cedis 50 pesewas.

Abeg is that the change they are warming up for??

I need answers ooo. ..before they suffer what my Naija people are suffering
what are you talking. Since when did a political party commit a crime by asking it's supporters to raise funds for the party by buying recharge cards for half it's face value? I have bought these cards whenever I have the opportunity.

It is my own way of helping the party to raise funds for their campaigns. Or how else is an opposition party expected to raise funds to compete against the ruling party with access to millions of dollars of state funds?.

If Ghanaians want change, it their sacred duty to vote for change. Why go you nigerians think you have a right to tell Ghanaians how or who to vote for? Did Ghanaians tell you nigerians who to vote for in your last election? This is absolutely nonsensical!

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by charlove(m): 1:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
mtn has already started theirs. Cos the way they bill for calls these days is scary. 100 naira card is just for 3 minutes!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Ike4God: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Nonsense of the highest order. he shd have said that his salary and that of the House of Assembly members shd b slashed to what the level 17 civil servant is taking home to help the country come out of recession.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
realunclej:
What happen to WhatsApp. It seems most of my clients prefer to chat on WhatsApp than call. The network people are in for a shock let them try it.
I am just here shaking my head and laughing is it me that will suffer, it's the network companies that will shut down, sack their staff and lock their offices with padlock when money isn't rolling in like before. It was banks sacking workers now telecom companies are gonna be next. Let that fool Successfully implement this policy first.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Fourwinds: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
Vicboi1:
Honestly to me what the cbn said is 50% true if truly They would use that money for something but on the other hand why i don't support it is because we all know that all this evil politicians and co would see this as a way to steal more money cmon we all know this country politicians they are after their pockets
are u okay. any way dis government will tax d masses ..i m seriously against it...

anybody wey support dis nonsense no well
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by profosa: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
Government becomes more accountable when revenue source is tax based and not revenue based.I hope you have read about the dutch diseases.The more people in our tax base,the more active participation in our political process.
thoollz:

Bros u claim to b a prof and u reason like this?
If nigeria is a country that works, do u think we'll bulge? All d taxes that d government gets from private companies and corrupt politicians, what has it been used for? South Africa is miles ahead of us, Nigerians are running to Ghana, BT if this is implemented, we'll regret it because it'll b abused.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Vernor(m): 7:11am On Nov 28, 2016
I said b4 that dis emefele knows next 2 nothing, he has shown us that now they know nothing but to inflict pain on d people. I dont even trust buari too cos i dont know what this man is doing in this admin we all know how to show him d way out by sanusi method..... pls i know d rule guiding his removal cos im an accountant. Some people blame that woman can we see where the problem lies
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by yankeedude(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2016
You can do me the favour by explaining what it entails. Am waiting so that I can give you a very detailed reply. Thank you.
Sibrah:
You obviously don't know what fixing the forex entails.
Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by Sibrah: 8:32am On Nov 28, 2016
yankeedude:
You can do me the favour by explaining what it entails. Am waiting so that I can give you a very detailed reply. Thank you.
Since you already have a reply, why wait for my answer? Go ahead and post it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sony Xperia Z Or Samsung Galaxy S4: Which Should I Buy? / Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries / Six Ways Smartphones Ruin Our Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.