Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding (24700 Views)

Neya Uzor Kalu's Wedding Postponed Till February 2017 / Buhari And Tinubu Shake Hands At Zahra Buhari's Wedding (photo) / Tough Looking Bouncers At Zahra Buhari's Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by bamideleafolabi: 6:14am On Nov 27, 2016
It is no longer news that Zahra Buhari, the pretty daughter of the President was scheduled to wed in the next couple of days with the wedding programme starting on Tuesday 30th of November.

The plans have however been altered according to the latest reports originating from the family. Independent sources also confirmed this.

According to our sources, the wedding Fatiha has now been scheduled for 9th December, 2016. This implies that it has been moved forward by a week.

The reason given for shifting of the wedding is that there is a State visit from a prominent monarch to Nigeria on the day earlier slated for the wedding fatiha and having insisted that he wants to be there at the wedding, the President's views and position has to be respected.

Meanwhile, we have confirmed that apart from the wedding Fatiha, four other activities are lined up with three of them in Abuja.

These include a dinner by the wife of the President, Aisha Buhari which is to kick-start the whole programme in Abuja. The dinner has been slated for the Banquet hall of the State House. After the dinner comes another dinner by the wife of the Senate President and the last one by the family of the bride. For security reasons, we have been warned keep the other venues as well as dates and times off the media.

Abujareporters also learnt that the wedding continues to be a hush hush thing because the powerful forces in the Villa wanted it kept as a total secret until we broke the ice.

Indeed, up till date, wedding invitation cards are yet to be sent out despite the fact that ASO Ebi has been purchased. It is as bad as that, our sources confirmed.

Because of the President's averse to having a wedding that becomes a major issue in the media, no information is being sent out.

Moreover the hawks in the Presidency who want to get back at the wife of the President over her outbursts in the interview with BBC weeks back have also seen an opportunity for them to clip her wings and ensure that what would have come in terms of support from outside of the Villa do not come.

Ordinarily, our source said that she would have bee receiving visitors and goodwill messages by now and such goodwill would have translated into billions of Naira for her daughter's wedding.

The hawks were quick to point out that it would be bad publicity for the President if the formal announcement is made now and such things happen hence, they must keep the wedding as secret as possible till the last minute.

Imagine if abujareporters had not broken the story, Nigerians would not have heard anything until the pre-wedding dinner, our source added.

Right now preparations are in top gear in Maiduguri as the groom's family get set to receive he President's daughter as the new addition to the family.

We gathered that apart from the Wushe Wushe night scheduled for there, the bride is also expected to be there for two weeks after the wedding.

Source: http://abujareporters.com.ng/breaking-news-zahra-buhari-s-wedding-postponed-by-a-week-the-politics-of-a-quiet-wedding-celebration/

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by Damibiz(m): 6:55am On Nov 27, 2016
When money is involved,HML to her

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:55am On Nov 27, 2016
So is this not for celebrity section?
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by Mrskenke: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2016
As usual with buhari
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by lonelydora: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2016
So they want to keep it secret?
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by chiwetaluAGU(m): 8:52am On Nov 27, 2016
grin
Like a sharp dagger in madridguy's poor heart. grin
Guy take heart cheesy wink

5 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by phameous: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2016
Itsolraii
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by freddie82(m): 8:52am On Nov 27, 2016
Inec done reach marriage issues again? Issorai

4 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by herbeedar(m): 8:53am On Nov 27, 2016
grin next
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:53am On Nov 27, 2016
Bbb.
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by yinkslinks(m): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2016
so this guy now will put bura in this babe's duri. chai wealthy fuccccckings!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by victorazy(m): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2016
So na man like me will be sleeping with Zahra. I must be rich in this life in the name of Jesus, amen.

13 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by koikoi2(m): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2016
wedding postponed by one. The devil is a lier. Any witchcraft power that do not want zahra to wed on d agreed date die by fire, die by fire, die by fire in jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by BlindAngel: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2016
Na wa
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2016
is this a headline news

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by soberdrunk(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2016
Zahra!! After all the love we shared in (my dreams) you still left me for this boy!!!?? I dont blame you sha!! Me self will leave me for this boy with plenty money! That is how my ex left me and got married to another guy, when i investigated the guy she married, i was happy for her!! angry

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by akinlaso(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2016
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by akinlaso(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2016
hmm
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by adele04: 9:03am On Nov 27, 2016
They want MMM to pay their moneg first thats y dey postponed it

5 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by madridguy(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2016
grin grin grin

chiwetaluAGU:
grin
Like a sharp dagger in madridguy's poor heart. grin
Guy take heart cheesy wink
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by gaoma51: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2016
they seem to be hiding something
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by tawababiola: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2016
Chai.....money settles all. Baba God orente don dey complain o
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by Stalwert: 9:11am On Nov 27, 2016
Lies to keep the idle busy
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 27, 2016
What do we care if the wedding is postponed,her father brought hardship to Nigerians,instead of helping the masses,he is busily appointing old men to most sensitive positions in the country like himself,its like one year wasted of his tenure,he did nothing.Hes just travelling around the world blindly,and here you bring his daughters wedding news to me?.So disgusting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by Giyerte(m): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2016
Zahra my crush is getting married. sobs......

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by imohchard(m): 9:22am On Nov 27, 2016
thats how buhari nd Aisha want to sly me,
after all my investments
Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by Itannooluwa(f): 9:26am On Nov 27, 2016
koikoi2:
wedding postponed by one. The devil is a lier. Any witchcraft power that do not want zahra to wed on d agreed date die by fire, die by fire, die by fire in jesus name.

#YINMU

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by metorichmond(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2016

10 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by Generalkorex(m): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2016
na me suppose marry ha na

2 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by jbaby265(f): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2016
their concern not mine.. lord pls pick my call so that the media will also carry my wedding news

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding by chimah3(m): 9:33am On Nov 27, 2016
Same way her father kept postponing everything which still finally ended up being a disaster or failure...ministers, budgets, now Zahra !

Oh well...!!! tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Extends IGP Adamu’s Tenure For 3-months / Currency Redesign: To Extend The Deadline Will Defeat The Aim / Chief Of Army Staff Visits Governor Sanwo-Olu At Lagos House (Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.