Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih (29666 Views)

PDP Shuts Out Atiku From Voting At National Convention (leadership) / Buhari's Cabal & Saraki Meet On How To Stop Osinbajo From Becoming President- SR / Frank: Oyegun Plotting To Sack Tinubu, Atiku From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by nazjaja(m): 10:12am On Nov 27, 2016
What next !
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by WesBreezy: 10:13am On Nov 27, 2016
Why do I just come to read people quoting others?.. E dey sweet shaa

*Sips Coke*
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by SycophanticGoat: 10:13am On Nov 27, 2016
Caseless:
if there's any ibo man the north would willingly support, that man is rochas . Who's that ibo man with national appeal to woo voters outside his region?

Even with his incompetence and crass mis-governance? This is the reason why this country will keep on going south because you all vote based on sentiments rather than one's capability.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by SoNature(m): 10:15am On Nov 27, 2016
anny268:
Lol.. That's the problem. Well, I'm not hating my dear, I'm just stating the fact. If u must know I'm neither a Yoruba nor Hausa girl, I'm a complete Abian girl. The true still remains that we Igbos don't really know what we want. This minute we are shouting Biafra, the next minute it would be Atiku.. Nawaoo

Nne, please don't say we Igbos - instead say Nairaland e-rats of Igbo origin. No sitting president of Nigeria will make Biafra possible unless a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction - something other Nigerians are trying to avert.

If we continue to build walls instead of bridges, we will neither get presidency nor Biafra. The truth is, the former is more feasible than the latter.

What Nigeria needs is TRUE FEDERALISM...if that happens the clamour for secession will die a natural death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by tunjijones(m): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2016
Funnicator:

Igbo is Igbo. Don't divide us with your divide and conquer technique. It has failed.

Bros who say IBO is IBO... You guys ain't the same. U still discriminate amongst Urselves. My anambra neighbor hates the other owerri woman. She tells me how promiscuous owerri pple are and how they cannot be trusted.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Orikinla(m): 10:24am On Nov 27, 2016
shaiba:
A former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Board of Trustees, Tony Anenih, said he blocked ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar from succeeding former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Anenih stated this in his book, titled ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics,’ which was presented in Abuja on Saturday.

Anenih, who served as the Minister of Works and Housing between 1999 and 2002, said Abubakar became too ambitious during the build-up to the 2003 presidential election in which Obasanjo was seeking a second term.

“As a result of my preparations for Chief Obasanjo’s second tenure, I stepped on the toes of many of those who did not want him to seek a second term. These are the people I can now refer to as members of the ‘G3’. These were General Ibrahim Babangida, (ex-) Vice- President Atiku Abubakar and the (ex-) National Security Adviser, General Aliu Gwarzo.

“There was no other way I could have offended the vice-president other than that I prevented him from being PDP’s presidential candidate in the 2003 presidential election. He erroneously believed that he was the only politician at the Villa and that he was better qualified than the President. I was well ahead of him in all his plans to prevent Chief Obasanjo from running (for re-election).”

Anenih, however, noted that after blocking Abubakar, the former vice-president also ensured that he (Anenih) lost his position in Obasanjo’s cabinet.

The former PDP BoT Chairman also claimed that he was the one who made Atiku second-in-command in 1999.

He said after the PDP presidential primary of 1998, the then Chairman of the party, Solomon Lar, recommended three northerners to be Obasanjo’s running mate.

The three nominees were Prof. Jerry Ghana, Abubakar Rimi and Adamu Ciroma.

Lar was said to have told Obasanjo that Rimi was his preferred candidate but Obasanjo wasn’t convinced.

Anenih, according to the book, then advised Obasanjo to pick Atiku, who had just won the governorship election in Adamawa State and was waiting to be sworn in.

He added, “I asked Obasanjo whether he would want a vice-president that would give him absolute confidence and allow him to sleep with his two eyes closed or whether he would want a vice-president he did not trust.

“He answered that he would like to sleep with his two eyes closed. It was at this point that I asked him: ‘What about Atiku?’ Chief Obasanjo’s answer was that Atiku had just won his governorship election and the law might not allow him to come on board as his running mate.

“We both decided to get a lawyer to advise us and Barrister Alimi Rasaq of Kwara State was sent for. He advised us that there was nothing in the constitution that prevented Atiku from being his running mate; especially as Atiku had not been sworn in.”

Speaking at the book presentation, which had in attendance several PDP leaders, Anenih announced that he had quit politics.

However, former President Goodluck Jonathan, who was a special guest of honour, rejected Anenih’s retirement, urging him not to abandon the PDP.

Meanwhile, the ex-minister said he survived death after an eight-hour heart surgery.

He stated this during a thanksgiving service held at Our Lady Queen of Nigeria Pro-Cathedral Church, Garki, Abuja.

He said, “There is nothing God cannot do if you believe in him sincerely. I had a problem with my heart. So I was subjected to eight hours of surgery and seven doctors were carefully selected to do that because of their experience.

“Before the operation, the seven doctors told the people that accompanied me (to the hospital) that I wouldn’t make it. I heard them.”

The event was attended by ex-Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar; ex-Vice-President Namadi Sambo; Aliko Dangote; Second Republic Vice-President, Alex Ekwueme; a former Governor of Kogi State, Idris Wada; ex-Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido; a former Governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu; Prof. Jerry Gana and others.

http://punchng.com/blocked-atiku-becoming-president-anenih/

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by 4nobody4every1: 10:26am On Nov 27, 2016
modath:

Really? smiley smiley he is that "powerful" enough to stop "almighty Atiku & his war chest" ? Then how come this face not only scared the bejesus outta his old tired & dusty ass... It also "retired" him from partisan politics!! ? cheesy cheesy
wink cool
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by anny268(f): 10:32am On Nov 27, 2016
SoNature:

Nne, please don't say we Igbos - instead say Nairaland e-rats of Igbo origin. No sitting president of Nigeria will make Biafra possible unless a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction - something other Nigerians are trying to avert.

If we continue to build walls instead of bridges, we will neither get presidency nor Biafra. The truth is, the former is more feasible than the latter.

What Nigeria needs is TRUE FEDERALISM...if that happens the clamour for secession will die a natural death.
You are right, that is all we need. Since we have sixregions, all we need is to struggle for equality for each region instead of the usual 5%. Achieving that won't be easy though because we Igbos hate ourselves.. It's only among Igbos that you will see someone from Abia attacking someone from Enugu.. Seriously, we need to work on ourselves if we really want to regain our position in Nigerion

1 Like

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by lakesider(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2016
these are the people that have brought Nigeria to its knee .they deserve stoning
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2016
Sunnymatey:
And you could not block Oshomhole from becoming Governor in your state. Old man, u better sharap ur mouth there.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin very funny. Oshiomole don step on your toes wella grin grin grin
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by missKiffy(f): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2016
Funnicator:

Go and sleep. Afonja Backstabber.
but the dude is giving you reasonable points, you could have just argued constructively with him but you choose to insult him instead
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2016
I totally disagree with you on this. El-Rufai and power are 5&6. Look back at his political background.

He doesn't like to be ruled or be in the midst where he has no SAY
jamislaw:
lol why hating, Okorocha has done nothing wrong, except you can educate my ignorance about him. for your information Elrufai can not even talk of contesting for President.

1 Like

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by nzeobi(m): 10:55am On Nov 27, 2016
ccffwx:
Is Peter Obi not showing his own desperation by playing political prostitute with the North?Why has he been making noise lately? Nigerian politics is about desperation; no ethics
Please how is Peter showing desperation and romancing the north.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2016
tunjijones:

Bros who say IBO is IBO... You guys ain't the same. U still discriminate amongst Urselves. My anambra neighbor hates the other owerri woman. She tells me how promiscuous owerri pple are and how they cannot be trusted.

ogbeni, other yoruba pple hate ijebu and vice versa, akintola teamed up with ahmadu bello to jail obafemi awolowo. Is that not yoruba hating fellow yoruba?
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Caselessness: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2016
SoNature:

Caseless is asking u a very important question and you are insulting him instead of giving an intelligent answer. That's why I don't blame them when they say u e-rats are senseless.

Instead of supporting the ambition of your own (Rochas), you are calling him unprintable names because he belongs to APC. Keep on dreaming about a Biafra that NOBODY will allow you have.

Nigeria is unbreakable - the sooner you guys realize that the better for u. Attack me all u want, the truth, they say, is bitter.

Udo diri gi!
Typical of those emotional scoundrel, they don't address issues.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 27, 2016
missKiffy:

but the dude is giving you reasonable points, you could have just argued constructively with him but you choose to insult him instead

"ibo" is offensive, us in Politics section knows it, likewise he. The arguement ceased to exist and turned into insult. I had to reply fist for fist.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 27, 2016
Caselessness:
Typical of those emotional scoundrel, they don't address issues.

typical of you afonja backstabber, why would you call someone ibo when he takes it offensive? You get hurt when you are paid in your own coin. Afonja-awolowo-abiola-tinubu. That's the chain.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2016
anny268:
You are right, that is all we need. Since we have four regions, all we need is to struggle for 25% for each region instead of the usual 5%. Achieving that won't be easy though because we Igbos hate ourselves.. It's only among Igbos that you will see someone from Abia attacking someone from Enugu.. Seriously, we need to work on ourselves if we really want to regain our position in Nigeria.

You this dirty girl have come to this thread with your rubbish. You better run back to afonjaland where you belong to and stop shaming the great Igbo race in public. Efulefu.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2016
anny268:
You are right, that is all we need. Since we have four regions, all we need is to struggle for 25% for each region instead of the usual 5%. Achieving that won't be easy though because we Igbos hate ourselves.. It's only among Igbos that you will see someone from Abia attacking someone from Enugu.. Seriously, we need to work on ourselves if we really want to regain our position in Nigeria.

And who informed you we have 4regions? All these dumb girls with no political knowledge be forming james bond. There are 6 regions, and you alone support meagre 25%. Was 25 percent what we practised during the glorious first republic? You wouldn't know, cause you know zilch about politics.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by jamislaw(m): 11:14am On Nov 27, 2016
Wiseandtrue:
I totally disagree with you on this. El-Rufai and power are 5&6. Look back at his political background.

He doesn't like to be ruled or be in the midst where he has no SAY
Bros let me tell you something you don't know Elrufai has done nothing meaningful in Kaduna state when he was a minister under Obasanjo era, it was because of this change era and Buhari syndrome that brought him to the power. there are a lot of powerful people queuing for this presidential ambition in the north. (1) Atiku Abubakar (2) Kwankwaso (3) Sule Lamido (4) David mark (5) Ahmodu Sheriff. Elrufai is dear not to talk where people aformention are present. the only thing Elrufai did in Kaduna during his ministerial days was to build hotels in the state. even some local government chairmen in the north here can not even speak English for two minutes there all won election because of Buhari......APC Sak.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by eleko1: 11:15am On Nov 27, 2016
sad THIEVES
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by rukkyland(m): 11:25am On Nov 27, 2016
really?

check my signature and make some cool cash.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by tunjijones(m): 11:26am On Nov 27, 2016
Largas:

ogbeni, other yoruba pple hate ijebu and vice versa, akintola teamed up with ahmadu bello to jail obafemi awolowo. Is that not yoruba hating fellow yoruba?

Did I in anywia in my post insinuate that Yoruba's don't hate themselves too? If not why was there modakeke and ife crisis. All I was trying to say is there is nothing like united Igbo or united Yoruba or even united Hausa
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by kabrud: 11:28am On Nov 27, 2016
anny268:
Foolishness is when u think Buhari is too old to lead Nigeria yet u are busy campaigning for Atiku who will be 73 by 2019 and at the same time agitating for Biafra..
It's just like saying Fidel Castro was a dictator while Putin is an angel.

U deserve more but for the meantime, have this.

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by CosmicJames(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2016
jamislaw:
says who? Are you a God? We Northerner love Okorocha he has done a lot for the north, he has a lot of foundation down here in the north. Stop disturbing your self Okorocha don't need your vote to become a President in this nation. Remember APC only had 5% vote from south east and still win the election. So keep quite and go and open ya shop.
The same way you people voted for GEJ after he lay many foundation there?
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by legibow: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Must you all be on news ehn........ You wil just wake up and say rubbish.... U stopped atiku, who teach u...
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by AreaFada2: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
Sunnymatey:
And you could not block Oshomhole from becoming Governor in your state. Old man, u better sharap ur mouth there.

Actually he did. First he rejected Osho entering PDP party to be gov candidate. Second, remember Osunbor was governor through Mago Mago until the courts sent him packing. Osho Baba came to governorship through court judgement.

Almost 100% of political appointments due Edo State went to Uromi people of his hometown. Be it CMD of teaching hospital, MDA heads, Edo Central senator, name it. Even Opoji & Irrua people of Edo central can confirm it.

His time is up. Osho used incumbency power to silence him.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by brojoshua: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
You did that because you are God? Or God used you to do that?
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
Mrbigman2:

It seems u re a today politician.
How can you call oshomole ordinary?

Mtchewww.

Pls go ask your elders before u come online and cause havoc to your reputation

Many think its every topic they should put mouth on NL. It is here You'ld see 13, 14 year old putting mouth into Marriage issues, And when they talk You'ld know the capacity of their brain. They don't even mind to yabb their father's age mate.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Mann11: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello ROCHas OkoROCHa, are you there? Are you a former cockroach? cos this your name ehn, e get as e be o.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by HCHIEFAJANNAH: 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
So dis old man is vry proud of what he did to Ex-Vice President Atiku. HMMMMM Human being sa!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Offers Buhari's Team Free Crash Campaign Course For Two Weeks / Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister / Sheikh Gumi: Fulani Bandits Give Ansaru Terrorists 10 Days To Vacate The Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.