Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Can I Refuse The Call Of God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Refuse The Call Of God? (12397 Views)

I Refuse To Be Oppressed By Witches/They are powerless / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by dabrightt: 10:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
We only have one way to get to the top of a palm tree..Bro ibeg go answer God call no waste time...some people want God to call them they didn't see the grace infact they end up flashing God maybe he will call them back but God didn't...You carry enough grace to have been called by God..
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by xtivin(m): 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
Princewell2012:

It seems there is a little contradiction between the teaching of Jesus and that of Paul?
1 Paul introduces the five fold ministry. But Jesus never mentioned anything on that. He only peaches that Christians should go into the world and make disciples of all nation. He want everybody to be saved. He want sinners to become his children. He wants everybody to become bornagain and receives the Holyspirit. But Paul makes church to become like an office. I used to tell people that every bornagain Christians are one, and we only have one pastor and one shepherd, which we were all looking at, which is Jesus.

Good, let take a look at the duty of a prophet. Who is a prophet? One who prophesy. And what is he prophesying? Good that is another question completely. Any prophet who is prophesying anything rather than preaching the gospel is completely not a Christian infact i can call him a prophet of doom.

Paul make Christians to look unto their pastors rather than looking unto Jesus.

If it is anything to go by. Then every bornagain child of God is a prophet, pastor, teacher, evangelist, and apostle. Why because they were operating by, and from the same spirit. And God is not partial.

Now today Paul make men to lobby for titles. His royal Highness,
his Holiness, reverend, arch bishop, bishop, pope, senior pastor, climate, general overseer, and doctor.

I repeat the teaching of Paul contradict little to that one of Christ. And am not happy about.

Listen sir, am not saying this because of jealousy, no i can tell you categorically that i was also ordained as an evangelist. Infact i still later went to bible school and graduated. But that will not stop me to speaking the truth.

I agree with you, Some of Pauls Arguments are based on his personal beliefs. For example although I stand to be corrected I think it's a jewish tradition for women not to speak in church. It's important we ask God for knowledge while reading the bible
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Princewell2012(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
xtivin:

I agree with you, Some of Pauls Arguments are based on his personal beliefs. For example although I stand to be corrected I think it's a jewish tradition for women not to speak in church. It's important we ask God for knowledge while reading the bible

Hmm you just raised another point entirely.

First of all what is the meaning of church? We must understand the meaning of church first before we be able to know weather women were, or will be allowed to peach or not.

To your own understanding what do you understand as church?

Mind you church is not a building, that is what would have prevented one from entering. But this church in question is a person. The choose one, the selected few, the called out one, that was endowed with the holy spirit and baptism. This group of people were called church. Can you see that? So weather a man or woman, despite your tribes, groups, language or culture. If you fall into that category you are a church and shall speak confidently with your fellow brethren. All of you are now one in Christ. And which ever be the gift the holy spirit have endowed on you should be manifested without fear. Infact every gift should be manifested in church, that is the works of the holyspirit.

When brethren gathered together, each person must or should manifest his or her own area of calling. That's how it was designed to be.

God bless you.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by NMotorwerks: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
Ask God what He want you to do, is it Missionary work, Evangelist, Pastor ETC. And He will reveal himself mightily to you. Every call has a special assignment.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by rexben(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2016
Princewell2012:

It seems there is a little contradiction between the teaching of Jesus and that of Paul?
1 Paul introduces the five fold ministry. But Jesus never mentioned anything on that. He only peaches that Christians should go into the world and make disciples of all nation. He want everybody to be saved. He want sinners to become his children. He wants everybody to become bornagain and receives the Holyspirit. But Paul makes church to become like an office. I used to tell people that every bornagain Christians are one, and we only have one pastor and one shepherd, which we were all looking at, which is Jesus.

Good, let take a look at the duty of a prophet. Who is a prophet? One who prophesy. And what is he prophesying? Good that is another question completely. Any prophet who is prophesying anything rather than preaching the gospel is completely not a Christian infact i can call him a prophet of doom.

Paul make Christians to look unto their pastors rather than looking unto Jesus.

If it is anything to go by. Then every bornagain child of God is a prophet, pastor, teacher, evangelist, and apostle. Why because they were operating by, and from the same spirit. And God is not partial.

Now today Paul make men to lobby for titles. His royal Highness,
his Holiness, reverend, arch bishop, bishop, pope, senior pastor, climate, general overseer, and doctor.

I repeat the teaching of Paul contradict little to that one of Christ. And am not happy about.

Everything paul represented is purely antagonistic to Jesus. Paul and Jesus teaching are diametrically opposed
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by rexben(m): 11:26am On Dec 03, 2016
Rjasan:
To some he gave apostles, to some bishops, to some evangelists and to some pastors and to some teachers.
is that not a calling and a ministry ?
people like you are just here to deceive the op lacking both biblical and spiritual knowledge

And I also forgot that these persons don't follow
jesus

mttcheew
Christians make this grievous mistake, they substitute Jesus for Paul. They're different. Paul is not a mouth piece of Jesus, the holy spirit is.
Check my other threads before you conclude whether I follow Jesus.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by rexben(m): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2016
Jacksonville:

are you contradicting the word of God What do you mean by God is not calling anybody?

You better think twice and read your bible before making such utterances.

shalom!
God is not calling anybody, Paul is the caller calling people into ministry. Jesus isn't
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
rexben:
God is not calling anybody, Paul is the caller calling people into ministry. Jesus isn't

You must be a deluded fellow. Now tell me who called moses, Abraham, Jeremiah,( The prophets of the old) , the 12 apostles of Christ, Paul, Silas, Barnabas etc Perhaps it was Paul who called Moses or the 12 apostles..

This is one of the reasons why I never take counsel from people who don't know the word of God. They act on their presumption without wisdom.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by rexben(m): 10:29am On Dec 04, 2016
Jacksonville:

You must be a deluded fellow. Now tell me who called moses, Abraham, Jeremiah,( The prophets of the old) , the 12 apostles of Christ, Paul, Silas, Barnabas etc Perhaps it was Paul who called Moses or the 12 apostles..

This is one of the reasons why I never take counsel from people who don't know the word of God. They act on their presumption without wisdom.

33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
Matt 21:33-41
According to this parable, did God send another person after they killed His son, Jesus?
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2016
rexben:
33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
Matt 21:33-41
According to this parable, did God send another person after they killed His son, Jesus?

You are trying to equate Jesus with the prophets or preachers of the gospel... Jesus is lord and God the son. He uses whom he wants to use.

Act of the apostles 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul(Paul) for the work where unto I have CALLED them.

Now, who called Paul and Barnabas after Christ's ascension? Jesus personally called Paul , and he confirmed it through the Prophets in the Church by the holy spirit.

He even confirmed Paul's call firstly, through a man with a prophetic insight called Ananias .

God is still calling people till thy kingdom comes.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by rexben(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
Jacksonville:

You are trying to equate Jesus with the prophets or preachers of the gospel... Jesus is lord and God the son. He uses whom he wants to use.

Act of the apostles 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul(Paul) for the work where unto I have CALLED them.

Now, who called Paul and Barnabas after Christ's ascension? Jesus personally called Paul , and he confirmed it through the Prophets in the Church by the holy spirit.

He even confirmed Paul's call firstly, through a man with a prophetic insight called Ananias .

Don't get it twisted. God is calling people. Come unto me, all ye that labour and heavy laden. He's calling people to be his children. He's not calling anybody to any ministry.
Can't you get it!!
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
rexben:
Don't get it twisted. God is calling people. Come unto me, all ye that labour and heavy laden. He's calling people to be his children. He's not calling anybody to any ministry.
Can't you get it!!

Oga... Then who are the prophets, the apostles and the evangelist?

Don't be ignorant of the word of God. The way you see things or think things are not the ways God think or see things.

Isaiah 55: 8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The scripture you quoted is talking about God calling us to salvation and not leadership. God can't call everybody to ministry but salvation , reconciliation and repentance.

God called Jeremiah to prophetic MINISTRY . Before he formed him in his mother's womb, he knew him, sanctified him ,set him apart and ordained him a prophet to the nations. That same God called the apostles including paul and he's still calling his chosen ones to leadership/Ministry.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by flexcity82: 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
wow,hows the product experience so far??heard they are good

i wouldnt like to interfere tho,4 pages should v gotten you a concrete answer
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by rexben(m): 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
Jacksonville:

Oga... Then who are the prophets, the apostles and the evangelist?

Don't be ignorant of the word of God. The way you see things or think things are not the ways God think or see things.

Isaiah 55: 8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The scripture you quoted is talking about God calling us to salvation and not leadership. God can't call everybody to ministry but salvation , reconciliation and repentance.

God called Jeremiah to prophetic MINISTRY . Before he formed him in his mother's womb, he knew him, sanctified him ,set him apart and ordained him a prophet to the nations. That same God called the apostles including paul and he's still calling his chosen ones to leadership/Ministry.
Paul is the person calling people into ministry while God is calling people unto salvation.
What's the essence of ministering gifts when there's the Holy Spirit who can teach, direct, help, comfort, shepherd thru Jesus etc.
Once again, God's not calling people to ministry
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by rexben(m): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
Jacksonville:

God did not call Paul. If God had called him, he would have obey God, do His will, represent Him well.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
rexben:
God did not call Paul. If God had called him, he would have obey God, do His will, represent Him well.

you're not a Christian. repent ..
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by rexben(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
Jacksonville:

you're not a Christian. repent ..
You're right. Repent from what? Repent from following Jesus, right?
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
rexben:
You're right. Repent from what? Repent from following Jesus, right?

All I know is that you're not different from the Pharisees and Sadducees who condemned Christ and also doubted his unction because of his authoritative expressions in words and actions..

You're entitled to your opinion which is as a result of spiritual blindness..I will take what you with a pinch of salt. The bible says in acts 13:2 in the church of Antioch that the holy spirit has called Paul .. I believe in the scriptures breathed by God .
It's either you're for the gospel/ testimony of Christ or you're against it.

You have heard and read his words by his servants but did not take it with faith.. Therefore the lord will take an oath in his anger that you will not enter his rest till you repent .
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Kobojunkie: 2:58am On May 23, 2023
TohKunBoh:
■ Can I Refuse The Call of God? On Black Friday, I ordered a Syinix Blender from Jumia and it was delivered yesterday. During the process of receiving the delivery, the delivery man spoke to me about a recurring discuss I have been spoken to about for almost 3 years. He said, while I was signing, God spoke to him that I should be a Pastor of sheeps in his vineyard. This does not in anyway seem strange to my hears although, 1) He was a delivery man 2) He does not even know me These two reasons made me confused and decided to ask Nairalanders Can I refuse this call that has been on my head for about 3 years now? I'll appreciate your responses Nairalanders Thanks
First of all, the man lied to you about some sort of call from God to be a pastor of sheep. God does not call anyone for such obvious antichrist missions. Second, Jesus Christ is not by force as He made clear that He only came for those who have need of Him. undecided
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On May 23, 2023
firstking01:
The earlier you humble yourself and answer the call of God the better for you cos you can't succeed in your other endeavours or pursuits in life if you think you can ignore God's calling...think of the case of jonah.
Make una stop to dey tell these kain lies abeg! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / Man Accused Of Witchcraft In Abia Brutalised By Vigilante Members (Photos) / Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.