Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Can I Refuse The Call Of God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Refuse The Call Of God? (12371 Views)

I Refuse To Be Oppressed By Witches/They are powerless / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Jay0079: 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
y u quote me?
sorry miss quote
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
Jay0079:

sorry miss quote
owk
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by ceaser22(m): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
TohKunBoh:
Can I Refuse The Call of God?

On Black Friday, I ordered a Syinix Blender from Jumia and it was delivered yesterday. During the process of receiving the delivery, the delivery man spoke to me about a recurring discuss I have been spoken to about for almost 3 years.

He said, while I was signing, God spoke to him that I should be a Pastor of sheeps in his vineyard.

This does not in anyway seem strange to my hears although,

1) He was a delivery man
2) He does not even know me

These two reasons made me confused and decided to ask Nairalanders

Can I refuse this call that has been on my head for about 3 years now?

I'll appreciate your responses Nairalanders

Thanks
why shld some one refuse to answer God call?
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
TohKunBoh:

On Black Friday, I ordered a Syinix Blender from Jumia and it was delivered yesterday. During the process of receiving the delivery, the delivery man spoke to me about a recurring discuss I have been spoken to about for almost 3 years.

He said, while I was signing, God spoke to him that I should be a Pastor of sheeps in his vineyard.

1) He was a delivery man

Thanks
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Tedassie(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
teddy lol, stop the flattery

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by iamultron: 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
TohKunBoh:

1) He was a delivery man

Thanks

No you can't refuse the calling...
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
Oyindebrah:
yes you can..doesn't mean you'll die or won't be successful

cc obinoscopy ishilove finestboi
u didn't complete it

but wat?
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
Pharaoh9:
Refuse the call, God con't do anything, I dey your back
ur stupidity is byound animal comprehension
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Interesting15:

Will advice you to pray and fast about this.

If God called you to be a pastor, you will do yourself lots of good to answer quickly. The faster you answer, the better for you.

Between, though pastoring a Church might seem like a challenge (physically and spiritually), with God on your side, you will enjoy this calling.

God bless you.
How will I know he has called me.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
Jabioro:
If really hv d called,you might hv some related dreams and sign,apart pple telling u.my candid advise,in ur present church measure u r a partaker in any activity of ur choice,don't resign ur present job,then watchout and see d changes whether positive or nt..u can as well ask God 4 50/50 chance nt full time pastor.,but don't ever deny God's call...
pls wat type of dream will indicate such.....thanks
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by xtivin(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
O.P most people called into ministry of Jesus only answerd when things went upside down please don't wait for that.Answer the call ASAP
point of correction it's Jesus calling you
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tedassie:

Hahahahaha, cute of u kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
obataokenwa:
from small I've always been told I will be a man of God. I remember one day I was coming back from secondary school, a small girl of about ten years turn and told me I will be a pastor. one time I was sick to the point of death and a woman I didn't know came from far and delivered me. after which she told me I will be a great man of God or else I should watch I won't succeed in all I do. till today I don try my best after school to no avail. in 2014, Pastor David Ibiyeomie, during ministration told me that God want to use me. I don pray to wanting to hear from God directly to know if I'm called and I heard him clearly for the first time that why am I in a haste. throughout last year I was doing the work of God. in my dreams, I've seen all I will do if I have the power of God. presently, I do tell people things through the word of knowledge and it will just be true and it surprises me and it has helped most of them to draw closer to God. I've always told God that I'm ready in case he wants to send me now. all my thinking is about God. etc. please I also need advice from only experienced men of God and not any atheist or men of low understanding about God to tell me otherwise. Thank you
d problem here is not weda u bn called because even ur spirit tells u DAT u r called or I'm my lyin?

U are only afraid of failing in ministry?

1 Like

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
fkdmods:

And miss the chance to be a millionaire? You must be crazy.
hahahaha
Bros u no well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
davtosh:
grin Nairaland is full of craze ppl, see advice from left right and centre.
See my guy, it is true God calls people, no doubt but he doesn't call people by only sending people to him. He may send ppl but He will speak to you too if He really needs you. If you are a true child of God. No shaking He will speak to you. And untill then don't go anywhere or start anything because if you do anyhow , you go see anyhow.

If God doesn't speak to you gangan directly, then He is not the one talking, Satan is using the mouth of those coming to you, it doesn't matter if they are 1,000.
hmmm
I love dis.....pls hw do i identify d voice of God
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tedassie:

cry

One more thing...

Do you believe in love at first sight, or do I have to look at your profile again? smiley

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
for real Im in love with ya.
Accept my pm

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by obataokenwa(m): 11:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
millionboi:
d problem here is not weda u bn called because even ur spirit tells u DAT u r called or I'm my lyin?

U are only afraid of failing in ministry?
I'm not afraid in failing in ministry. I know deep down that God want to use me. I'm waiting cos I don't know what else to do. in dreams and inner spirit and visions I've seen how I was conducting healing and deliverance with also the gift of working of miracles and my right palm is so powerful. but I don't know what to do at this moment. I'm scared of not trying anything without God telling me. now I've joined business again, everyday my spirit keep telling me that it's just temporal and for me to learn some things needed for the task ahead. last week the holy spirit began teaching me why people fail in business, after which I started saying I've known the secret to business success. but in my inner spirit He started telling me is also for others and the task ahead. my head is full of God's thought.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
teddy lol, stop the flattery

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by bauer00: 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
NoToPile:
I guess God has already been leading you in that area and you have been resisting, and he has been confirming through random people.

God is patient oo, you can delay the call but you will surely do it, its just a matter of time.

If God has called you he will provide victuals for the journey.

In bro gbile's word....

1 Like

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by obataokenwa(m): 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
millionboi:
hmmm
I love dis.....pls hw do i identify d voice of God
the voice is not depressive and it's very calm and you will be convinced He's the one speaking. he also speaks through our inner spirit. like me he speaks to me almost everytime through the inner spirit and I communicate with Him also through such way. like I can ask Him any question in my heart and the answers will start coming with much conviction. you will be happy after every communication with the Holy Spirit even when He cautions u. like when He told me to stop talking against men of God, I was happy he told me also. thanks
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
Hahahahaha, cute of u kiss kiss kiss

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 12:45am On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=millionboi post=51436171][/quote]I command d spirit of pokenosing to leave u too
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by coconat(m): 1:10am On Nov 28, 2016
Timmmy:
Hello, I don't want to comment on this issue before but I changed my mind.
Regarding calling, if a man calls someone you can choose to answer or not to answer and such person can't do u anything. But in the case of God you can't escape it. You can only escape His calling only if He has not caled you in the first place. I was once in your shoe I refused this call for years trying to escape to secular university thinking I can dribble God. But believe be I wasted 5 years writing jamb writing post Ume having high scored but I was not still admitted but instead whenever I sleep I see myself ringing bells all about the street preaching the Gospel. Prophets were sent to me several times regarding it but I still refused not until I surrendered to His call and prayed to God to give me the grace to a least own a degree so that people won't say I was lazy or because I wasn't admitted that was why I decided to be a pastor. Believe me that same year I wrote another jamb to a theological seminary which was an affiliate to university of ibadan I passed their exam and post ume I was admitted even while some were dropped. But thank God today I own a degree in religious studies from U.I. and now a pastor of a church. To cut the story short . you must first seek the face of God yourself to confirm from God if truely he needs your service as a pastor so that you will use that as reference in times of challenges. Don't rely on what you have heard alone as God to prove it that he needs you. I trust him He will prove it if He needs you. Thanks
God bless u sir!
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by DedeNkem: 3:18am On Nov 28, 2016
TohKunBoh:

1) He was a delivery man

Thanks

Your imaginary god doesn't "call" anyone.

Greed calls people.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by supereagle(m): 5:35am On Nov 28, 2016
TohKunBoh:

1) He was a delivery man

Thanks
This is to confirm that YOU have been ignoring His call if an unknown person now spoke to you. Answer His call and receive your reward of obedience. Read proverbs 1: 24-33.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by millionboi(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2016
Genea:
I command d spirit of pokenosing to leave u too
ur own is serious BT I will kip prayin

1 Share

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2016
millionboi:
ur own is serious BT I will kip prayin
lolx

1 Like

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by creepsyme(f): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
TohKunBoh:

1) He was a delivery man

Thanks
funny u. u dont know where to ask ur question? na here u want to know if u have a calling? pele..
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by TeeFeh(f): 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
By the way how much did you get the syinix blender?and have you used it at all??I need a new and durable blender at home
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Princewell2012(m): 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
rexben:
God is not calling anybody to any five fold ministry.
He only calls people to obey and follow His son Jesus.
According to the parable of the wicked tenants, did He send anyother person after His son was killed? No. So, He's not calling anybody.

It seems there is a little contradiction between the teaching of Jesus and that of Paul?
1 Paul introduces the five fold ministry. But Jesus never mentioned anything on that. He only peaches that Christians should go into the world and make disciples of all nation. He want everybody to be saved. He want sinners to become his children. He wants everybody to become bornagain and receives the Holyspirit. But Paul makes church to become like an office. I used to tell people that every bornagain Christians are one, and we only have one pastor and one shepherd, which we were all looking at, which is Jesus.

Good, let take a look at the duty of a prophet. Who is a prophet? One who prophesy. And what is he prophesying? Good that is another question completely. Any prophet who is prophesying anything rather than preaching the gospel is completely not a Christian infact i can call him a prophet of doom.

Paul make Christians to look unto their pastors rather than looking unto Jesus.

If it is anything to go by. Then every bornagain child of God is a prophet, pastor, teacher, evangelist, and apostle. Why because they were operating by, and from the same spirit. And God is not partial.

Now today Paul make men to lobby for titles. His royal Highness,
his Holiness, reverend, arch bishop, bishop, pope, senior pastor, climate, general overseer, and doctor.

I repeat the teaching of Paul contradict little to that one of Christ. And am not happy about.

Listen sir, am not saying this because of jealousy, no i can tell you categorically that i was also ordained as an evangelist. Infact i still later went to bible school and graduated. But that will not stop me to speaking the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Say A Prayer For Yourself And The Poster Above You / What's Your Best Psalm? / Happy 75th Birthday To Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.