Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) (2620 Views)

Discussion For Nairaland Atheists Only. / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) / Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by DeepSight(m): 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

Deepsight 3;16

For the word is salad and salad is the word and henceth, whosoever believeth in it and eateth of if shall have everlasting eloquence

You did not quote the right verse.
Please beware of abusing my scripture.

This is the verse that should caution you:

"For the usurper knoweth himself: the deceitful diviner of our word: and for this man and his disciples: lo! - Aiyelala! A most terrible spectre I beheld: exile from the word: and its fruits thereof: and it was seen in the seven realms that there could be no more terrible a thing upon the Earth."

~ Per Cap 18, Article 18

On Fury & Punishment

I should also draw your attention to Article 19:

"And in suddenness he seized from the usurper his soul and verily: the meeting he had planned: in suddenness a great woe which could not be comprehended arose and became a leech upon the usurper and the soul of his meeting."

As such, be warned.
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by kevoh(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
hahn:
I really cannot stand the lies. My life has improved since I threw religion and God into the trash

The next time I am in a church, I promise I am going to dip my hands inside the offering basket and take my share. ANd if they ask, I will say the spirit led me tongue
And I will be among those church members that will beat you up and put tire round your neck for trying to steal our pastor's money offering. tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by plaetton: 7:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

Deepsight 3;16

For the word is salad and salad is the word and henceth, whosoever believeth in it and eateth of if shall have everlasting eloquence

grin
grin
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by plaetton: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
DeepSight:

"For the usurper knoweth himself: the deceitful diviner of our word: and for this man and his disciples: lo! - Aiyelala! A most terrible spectre I beheld: exile from the word: and its fruits thereof: and it was seen in the seven realms that there could be no more terrible a thing upon the Earth."

~ Per Cap 18, Article 18

On Fury & Punishment

"And in suddenness he seized from the usurper his soul and verily: the meeting he had planned: in suddenness a great woe which could not be comprehended arose and became a leech upon the usurper and the soul of his meeting."

As such, be warned.

A master and his Craft.
smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

I would advice you to go to church to at least satisfy your parents.

When the pastor's bullshite is too much, I just walk to my car and start browsing on my phone.

Lol. One thing I'm thankful for is that my parents, though devoted steadfastly to their religion, are so not the volatile and aggressive type - as against the likes I see parading this section.

All they can do is to adopt the way of persuation and hope the holy spirit would work out the rest. Using brute force would definitely not yield any result. I guess they know this. They even tried to drag yours truly along to church today all to no avail.

I engage them sometimes in thoughtful discourse, I question their faith, though it always ends off on the note of me being ignorant or possessed and we laugh it off. Lol. What can I do?
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by JackBizzle: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
DeepSight:

~ Per Cap 18, Article 18

On Fury & Punishment

As such, be warned.

Ah, his holy saladiness!

#saladified!
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by JackBizzle: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
NinjaX:

Lol. One thing I'm thankful for is that my parents, though devoted steadfastly to their religion, are so not the volatile and aggressive type - as against the likes I see parading this section.

All they can do is to adopt the way of persuation and hope the holy spirit would work out the rest. Using brute force would definitely not yield any result. I guess they know this. They even tried to drag yours truly along to church today all to no avail.

I engage them sometimes in thoughtful discourse, I question their faith, though it always ends off on the note of me being ignorant or possessed and we laugh it off. Lol. What can I do?

I suppose that you are lucky; some parents would have either thrown you out or put you in an asylum
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

I suppose that you are lucky; some parents would have either thrown you out or put you in an asylum

Lol@ the last word in your statement.

That is what a narrow-minded idealogy does to people. It breeds hatred. It teaches that you are better than those who do not share your belief, and that it's either they succumb to you or considered as enemies.

This is not right. As humans, I think we ought to be worried about the well-being of the person in question before anything else.
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by DeepSight(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
JackBizzle:
Happy sunday, everyone.

I am an atheist and I go to church regularly. It might be surprising but it is true. I don't go for any supernatural or faith reasons, I go for very material reasons-

Seriously though:

Why do you do this?

1) Respect;
99% of Nigerians are religious. Nigeria is a religious society and a man or woman who regularly goes to church with good car, fine family and good clothes will always get respected. Such a facade will always open doors for you. There is even a seating spot in the church where i go to where the "big boys" seat- it is not official but it is there. I have noticed that church wardens/ushers tend to patrol that side even more out f respect.

Why should you be concerned about such pretentious and hypocritical respect? Does this not run counter to all that you preach here and is it not just as hypocritical a leaning as that of those you so vociferously condemn?

2) Business opportunities;
Following the first point, being well dressed and regular in church opens many doors. You can get clients or business partners in church. Many people have the belief that a church man can't cheat them. Also, one can put adverts in church bulletins or pamphlets.

This is mercenary and would render you an opportunistic scavenger at best and an outright fraudster at worst.

3) Getting the knowledge to convince (and even brainwash) people
If you know my history on nairaland, then you know that I am a good "atheist evangelist" if I want to be. I learnt how to convince people from the best- priests and pastors. An atheist can improve both arguing skills and speech from copying the mannerisms of influential priests who control a huge flock of brainwashed sheep.

This reeks of an inferiority complex, don't you think?

I would adjure you to reflect again on this and admonish yourself appropriately.
This is a most unwholesome thread.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by JackBizzle: 2:16am On Nov 28, 2016
DeepSight:

Seriously though:

Why do you do this?

Why should you be concerned about such pretentious and hypocritical respect? Does this not run counter to all that you preach here and is it not just as hypocritical a leaning as that of those you so vociferously condemn?

This is mercenary and would render you an opportunistic scavenger at best and an outright fraudster at worst.

This reeks of an inferiority complex, don't you think?

I would adjure you to reflect again on this and admonish yourself appropriately.
This is a most unwholesome thread.

Behind the looks of every billionaire is a shrewd, Machiavellian pragmatist.

We live in a wicked, animalistic jungle of a country.

Only the strong survive. There is no place for the weak of heart.

Every single successful atheist in Nigeria does what I do to some level- afterall, Seun does not push atheist threads to the front page on a fair basis, does he?

If I am telling you the bitter truth and you dont like it, go and sleep. Going to church does not make me a hypocrite. I never claim to be a christian- i just let people assume.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by dalaman2: 5:02am On Nov 28, 2016
I used to go to church once in a while before but stopped going because I got tired of the deceit and lies. The only God Nigerians know and worship is money. I got tired of it all and stopped attending. I used to attend for child dedication and all. Now I only attend weddings organized in the church. The church is just a social gathering. My wife attends COZA in Abuja. I've been there tgree times this year. I truly like the pastors business model. Am impressed with it. He has his followers in check and they will keep paying him very huge amounts. He's an intelligent hustler.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by JackBizzle: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
dalaman2:
I used to go to church once in a while before but stopped going because I got tired of the deceit and lies. The only God Nigerians know and worship is money. I got tired of it all and stopped attending. I used to attend for child dedication and all. Now I only attend weddings organized in the church. The church is just a social gathering. My wife attends COZA in Abuja. I've been there tgree times this year. I truly like the pastors business model. Am impressed with it. He has his followers in check and they will keep paying him very huge amounts. He's an intelligent hustler.

If you can stand the average azzhole boss u Nigeria, you can stand any bullshyte.

Also, some churches have less bullshyte. COZA is top tier bs
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by dalaman: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

If you can stand the average azzhole boss u Nigeria, you can stand any bullshyte.

Also, some churches have less bullshyte. COZA is top tier bs

COZA is top tier BS sure , but the guy is good at what he is doing. You just have to give him credit for it. He is in the same class with Chris Oyaks.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by HCpaul(m): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
I do use to go to church to have fun and to witness the demonstration of ignorance in reality. I trust my personality and temperamental flow that I am not the type that is ready for any religious childish acts.
When ever those religious folks are dancing, I just keep standing and keep shaking my head in sympathy. During prayer of expectation also, this is what I use to ring into their imaginary god ear --- "Dear imaginary god!!! I know that you exist, at least in the realm of their imagination and filthy delusion. I don't have business with you but I have to pretend to satisfy your people emotionally. I have nothing to request from you(god) rather than advising you to be more rational if by any artificial possibility you happen to exist in reality. Good bye god --- Dear imaginary god".
I also don't like it when the pastor said that we should give a shout to the lord. I was like how will group of matured men and women be shouting unnecessarily in the 21st century? I don't use to shout though cuz I ain't that silly.
The worst part was the day a lady was deceptively in the spirit and was delivering Yahweh's message and one silly guy beside me was repeatedly jumping unnecessarily and kept saying 'thank you lord' 'thank you lord'....
Why? Because the lady kept giving them hopes that is not in correlation with reality. I was seriously shaking my head and was like....

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by ichommy(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2016
hahn:
I really cannot stand the lies. My life has improved since I threw religion and God into the trash

The next time I am in a church, I promise I am going to dip my hands inside the offering basket and take my share. ANd if they ask, I will say the spirit led me tongue

grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
Meh; I still go for functionality and versatility.

You should know how gooey eyed relatives get when one can quote the Scriptures with ease....

Gets you to place cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by JackBizzle: 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
SirWere:
Meh; I still go for functionality and versatility.

You should know how gooey eyed relatives get when one can quote the Scriptures with ease....

Gets you to place cheesy cheesy

This guy knows the truth!!!
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by EyeHateGod: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2016
Why would i wanna miss Suya Night?
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by JackBizzle: 11:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Why would i wanna miss Suya Night?

Which one is suya night?
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MacCantStopMe: 5:28am On Apr 18, 2020
Lol

Lordreed and Capslocked need to go to church
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by LordReed(m): 7:23am On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
Lol

Lordreed and Capslocked need to go to church

Before the lockdown I did go to church on Sunday. Like I have said elsewhere, pastors are storytellers telling comforting tales of hope and perseverance. No magic is hidden in it, all men must do what men do to survive. Manna will not fall from heaven.
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MacCantStopMe: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2020
LordReed:

Before the lockdown I did go to church on Sunday. Like I have said elsewhere, pastors are storytellers telling comforting tales of hope and perseverance. No magic is hidden in it, all men must do what men do to survive. Manna will not fall from heaven.

What were you doing in church? Lol
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by LordReed(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

What were you doing in church? Lol

I went for the wife.
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MacCantStopMe: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2020
LordReed:

I went for the wife.

Are you saying that you married a christian?
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by LordReed(m): 8:24am On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Are you saying that you married a christian?

I was a Christian when I got married, wife still is.
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MacCantStopMe: 8:32am On Apr 18, 2020
LordReed:

I was a Christian when I got married, wife still is.

Wow. I really don't know what to say. That is a tricky situation.

Well, Bill Gates is in the same situation and his marriage is lasting longer than Jeff Bezos whose wife took billions when she divorced him.
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by LordReed(m): 8:55am On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Wow. I really don't know what to say. That is a tricky situation.

Well, Bill Gates is in the same situation and his marriage is lasting longer than Jeff Bezos whose wife took billions when she divorced him.

It is but we make it work by mostly not discussing matters of faith.
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MacCantStopMe: 10:48am On Apr 18, 2020
LordReed:

It is but we make it work by mostly not discussing matters of faith.

A great solution. Trust me I know the difficulties of marriage.
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MuttleyLaff: 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
A great solution.
Trust me I know the difficulties of marriage.
Please share what they are, and do without leaving any stone unturned or not looked under, lol
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MacCantStopMe: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Please share what they are, and do without leaving any stone unturned or not looked under, lol

That is one assignment that can never end. Marriage is a battle of negotiation till you die. Till death do you part.

Dealing with in-laws, deciding children and the children's future, the couples religion etc.

Marriage na work

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MuttleyLaff: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

That is one assignment that can never end. Marriage is a battle of negotiation till you die. Till death do you part.

Dealing with in-laws, deciding children and the children's future, the couples religion etc.

Marriage na work
Ah ah. It's nah work and discovery, lol
Re: Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) by MacCantStopMe: 12:23am On Apr 19, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Ah ah. It's nah work and discovery, lol

Are you telling me that marriage is easy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are We Here? / Angel Caught On Camera At Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse Church In South Africa / Does Religion Really Matter In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.