Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (76285 Views)

27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by PaulIdu: 12:10am On Nov 28, 2016
Gido:
I paid N32k for a seat in economy class of Arik Air from

Lagos to Jos and was expecting to be served with at

least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba

Arik una big pass happy hour and starlight biscuit naa.

You need to improve on what you serve your customers

in domestic routes as obtainable in other climes.

Is this your first time flying domestic ...No airline in the world will hand you a buffet for a short haul flight that last less than an hour ..Ryan Air won't even give anything

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by fabienjoe: 12:15am On Nov 28, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry

Spot on! What was he expecting on a domestic route? I flew from London Heathrow to Schipol and was served only snacks and drinks. You get real meals on continental flights...I don't think the flight between Lagos and Jos would take up to an hour..

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by PaulIdu: 12:15am On Nov 28, 2016
lestat:

Dude but you should utry Ethiopian Air, I flew from Nairobi to Bangkok men see better roast pitatioe , chicken breast and juice ...I love Ethiopian air

That's a Long haul flight ..Paris to Manchester is still a short haul flight

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Twy: 12:26am On Nov 28, 2016
To the op, in US, there is a airline called southwest very popular, they do not give you seat numbers or serve meals but are well liked. airlines then figured food is not the number priority, being on time and safety are key. So the golden age of flying gradually faded and we are stuck with this crap. I rememer the 1980s way better than the 90s. British caledonia used to come to lagos. in that flight they will serve dinner and breakfast. the planes were neat and tight.

read this article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/Being-an-air-hostess-during-the-golden-age-of-flying/

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 28, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry
The OP sounds like someone that doesn't travel often. Even in the US, it's only snacks that are served on domestic flights (in economy).
In fact, some airlines here charge between $5-$7 for their inflight sandwiches; only the peanuts, pretzel and cup of water are free.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 28, 2016
Twy:
To the op, in US, there is a airline called southwest very popular, they do not give you seat numbers or serve meals but are well liked. airlines then figured food is not the number priority, being on time and safety are key. So the golden age of flying gradually faded and we are stuck with this crap. I rememer the 1980s way better than the 90s. British caledonia used to come to lagos. in that flight they will serve dinner and breakfast. the planes were neat and tight.

read this article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/Being-an-air-hostess-during-the-golden-age-of-flying/

I don't mind being served proper sandwiches with soda or juice on domestic flights; but those items should be free. Then, on international flights, 3 or 4-course meals can be served.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 28, 2016
Probably his first experience to enter a plane.Guy,you might be made the king of your village because a one eyed man is a king in the land of the blind.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by IkpuMmadu: 12:59am On Nov 28, 2016
Gido:

It's standard...were you expecting to eat a four course meak for a 45 min flight...this is standard

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by IkpuMmadu: 1:00am On Nov 28, 2016
nyben4eva:
Probably his first experience to enter a plane.Guy,you might be made the king of your village because a one eyed man is a king in the land of the blind.

Your correct ...I wonder how this made front page.

This is a standard in the aviation industry for a 35 min flight...that dude hasn't entered plane before

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by moshino(m): 1:02am On Nov 28, 2016
otunbakolawole:
smartmouth, begged for it? Nah! i know am suppose to choose between the Japanese beef rice or the Chinese chicken rice, who am I to complain if I get . meanwhile most travellers consider a 4hr flight a short haul. besides my point is from all my travel, the Asian airlines tend to do better than others as per flight food

Name-calling does NOT make your point. FYI, any flight time above 3hrs in NOT a 'short-haul' flight, I don't care what most people tell you. Above 3hrs flight time is medium-haul to long-haul flight, especially from Japan to Hong Kong. You were trying to make a comparison between airline food in a flight from Lagos - Jos and Japan - Hong Kong, you took picture of EXTRA food you got on a flight from Japan to Hong Kong, and tried to compare it with the food the OP got on a flight from Lagos to Jos, it makes no sense. Its like equating apples with oranges. Be man enough to accept correction when you make a mistake, some of us have travelled a lot world-wide.

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by obiaguna(m): 1:03am On Nov 28, 2016
chloe7:

Iberia express from Madrid to London didn't even serve anything for a 2 hour 30 minute flight, everything was for sale, damn not even water o, and the aircraft was all good and new, they serve this small food he no even happy and I paid £250 round trip from Madrid to London.

Chai..me too I want to experience the west and say stuff like I traveled from Dublin to Amsterdam and I paid £400. God na when I go enter the obods now?? Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by SmartyPants(m): 1:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Can't remember how long the flight was because i slept for most of it but i flew New Jersey to Raleigh and they gave me nothing. As in not a single crumb of anything.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by DedeNkem: 1:54am On Nov 28, 2016
Gido:

Someone looted the money for flight food.

See some of what Europe local flights serve;

https://www.google.nl/search?q=europe+local+flight+food&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=894&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfupmansrQAhXC1BoKHT8xDAcQ_AUIBigB
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by iukpe: 2:43am On Nov 28, 2016
Gido:

When did you last fly this route?
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by iukpe: 2:44am On Nov 28, 2016
DedeNkem:

Someone looted the money for flight food.

See some of what Europe local flights serve;

https://www.google.nl/search?q=europe+local+flight+food&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=894&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfupmansrQAhXC1BoKHT8xDAcQ_AUIBigB

Short local flight? I doubt.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Toks2008(m): 3:13am On Nov 28, 2016
NOC1:
Mtcheew, I won't be surprise to see this in FP, it has been this for some time niiii.
They are better than AERO that will pour juice for you in the smallest disposable cup

Anytime I fly Arik I always eat well before boarding cos their food is an apology to my stomach...and crazy enough they charge very high.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Toks2008(m): 3:15am On Nov 28, 2016
Gido:

I have traveled to Abuja,Ghana and S.A with Arik and it's the same funny looking meal they serve.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by DedeNkem: 3:48am On Nov 28, 2016
iukpe:

I'm in Europe, so I know what I'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Babs612000(m): 4:53am On Nov 28, 2016
Gido:

You should not expect much on a journey of about 1hour.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Babs612000(m): 5:03am On Nov 28, 2016
iukpe:

I also doubt.
Most airlines in Europe will even sale food for you like esayjet
I traveled from Stansted airport in Uk to Holdland this is not local flight
I have to pay for food and drink.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by himclfgud(m): 5:28am On Nov 28, 2016
Bros so u flew for 32k ahahahahahaha only? And you want Correct nija dish ok... wait! Continue lol i flew from texas to chicago... dey served me small bottle juice and biscuit and i paid 250$ ok please multiply by 305 and see how much that is . God help your ministry na pple like u dey purge inside bus after u don chop akara , banana etc just 45mins flight you wan chop eba when will you wash your hand plan neva land.. ahahahah dis just made my day
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Teobaba(m): 5:37am On Nov 28, 2016
They all serve the same thing its like the airlines had a meeting on this even Dana
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OnyeochaLord: 5:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Dude, what are you expecting? You are flying on a domestic flight. You will only ever get a "snack" which usually consists of sweet/savoury with a soft drink. This is the case even on flights in the UK, Europe, Middle East, USA etc. My suggestion is you chop before you fly.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by uvie66: 6:21am On Nov 28, 2016
This guy, your longer throat too much, you pay less than 100 pounds for flight and you expect to eat amala and ewedu soup.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by stardomberry: 6:23am On Nov 28, 2016
dis guy dey complain!!!! ur own good.....as June wen I took arik, dey gave us dat stupid cake nd one cup of juice...my flight was from lagos to kaduna.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Qualer: 6:31am On Nov 28, 2016
soberdrunk:

that is a short flight... flights within 3 hours are usually snack serving flights everywhere!
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Qualer: 6:38am On Nov 28, 2016
CoCoLav:

Wait o! Toronto to Ottawa is $80 by air?!

And I have been suffering myself with greyhound and via rail?!

you see yasef! your ijebu-ness don commot your leg for outside finish! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Kaybaba5(m): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2016
soberdrunk:
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Qualer: 6:41am On Nov 28, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Lol. I usually disturb the guys on Azman ooo. I have collected the 1.5l bottle on two occasions.

The trick is to wait till they have finished serving. They might not answer you when serving, as others could take advantage of that.

Also, if its not a full flight, move your seat to the back aisle close to the store. Works for me. grin grin

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by d33types: 6:49am On Nov 28, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
That's not correct sir.
I repeat,none will serve you food on a short flight.

Let me add the caveat free..

None will serve you free food on a short flight.you will have to pay if you want it.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 6:59am On Nov 28, 2016
NaLaugh:

The mathematical odds of that being two consecutive identical typos is pretty significant.
Improving as a person requires admitting your flaws and imperfections.

I'm not certain what points I need to back up MY personal experiences.

For the last time. Your citation of research data claiming EVERY person on a flight is equally impacted is false.
It would be a blind statement if I came to this conclusion by assumption.

I am not assuming. I am stating physical results of myself in the exact same scenario.
My sense of taste is NOT altered when I'm on a flight. I'm speaking for ME, and not for anyone else.
I have taken my own food on board many times, and it's never different. End of story.

I think anything beyond this point amounts to petty bickering, as I'm certain we both have more judicious things to spend time on.

Peace. smiley

You are trying so hard to come across as knowledgeable, when every word you have said so far is a demostration of gross ignorance.

What "odds" exactly? Throwing around words you seldome understand their usage.

I made a typo error which did not in anyway alter the point being made, but you have successfully/cleverly directed the subject away from what is being discussed to something as minute as a misplaced letter.

And lastly you come across as a compulsive liar (no offence), just because I said I have taken my own food onboard many times, you also have to say same. The worst lie a man can tell, is a lie he tells himself. You should stop!!!!

Now tell me again how your taste buds are ultra unique and are not affected by physical and biological principle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.