Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

What Is Your Greatest Fear? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Your Greatest Fear? (21815 Views)

5 Greatest Lies In Nigeria! / What Is Your Greatest Fear? / What Is Your Greatest Fear In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by OnPointMan(m): 12:08am On Dec 20, 2016
My greatest fear is Buhari might not die before 2019. And 2019 is still far o. Nigeria might have turned to he'll before then
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by bebe2(f): 12:09am On Dec 20, 2016
Legend87:

You have to diminish such fears from you. Else, you'll end up experiencing what you fear most.
It's good to check up on kids at night while asleep. But not with a negative thought.

I know, it's social media dat is making it worse, too many bad news and u can't help but wonder how painful it can be if such befalls a person.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by bebe2(f): 12:12am On Dec 20, 2016
mdokaba1:

You almost let a tear drop.
I remember while growing up, each time any of my loved ones got sick. And maybe asleep due to the illness (which is normal)

I check into the room almost on hourly bases to check if they still have breath in those nostrils. And when my mind plays a game on me that he or she probably ain't breathing, I call his or her name or tap him or her hard till I seesee him or her move in order to clear my doubt

I fear the death of a loved one like hell.
And never to have experienced it frightens me the most.
I have only experienced the death of some nebors, and it got me sleepless for several nights.

It's really scary, if u are someone with a lot of empathy it's difficult not to feel that way.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 20, 2016
DEATH IS MY ULTIMATE FEAR.....ND POVERTY FOLLOWS
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by undisputedgbola(m): 12:22am On Dec 20, 2016
bebe2:
Losing a child.

Each time I read of someone's child dying, I just freeze.

My kids are between 6 and 13 and I still check their breathing at night when they are sleeping.

Haven't slept 5hrs straight since I started having kids.
So for the past 20sth years you've not been sleeping at least 5hrs straight??
Can you smell the danger you are causing yourself? I ask you, during your '5hrs or less' sleep, who watches over them and yourself??

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by undisputedgbola(m): 12:33am On Dec 20, 2016
humilitypays:
The greatest fear of 99.9% of men in the world: poverty and death!

The greatest fear of 90% of women: not getting married/getting old without a husband/kids, loneliness and sickness.

The greatest fear of all humans: poverty, terminal illnesss/untimely death,  ‎loneliness!
Now, what's yours?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by bebe2(f): 12:40am On Dec 20, 2016
undisputedgbola:

So for the past 20sth years you've not been sleeping at least 5hrs straight??
Can you smell the danger you are causing yourself? I ask you, during your '5hrs or less' sleep, who watches over them and yourself??

shocked 20yrs ke?
How are u doing ur maths?

My first is 13yrs.

It's not hard na, before I sleep I check, when I go pee I check, it takes less than 1min.

Our house is not massive so it doesn't disrupt my sleep. It's habit, may as they get older things will change.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by musicwriter(m): 12:41am On Dec 20, 2016
My greatest fear is that Africa WILL be re-enslaved in future. We Africans will enslave ourselves, culture, languages, ideals, e.t.c into extinction. I' am talking in the upwards from 50, 100 years or more. This will happen through what we erroneously call education, but which is actually an indoctrination handed down to us by the colonial masters. We will all be de-Africanized leaving a continent of Afro-Euro hybrides teeming with people who have little knowledge of what it means to be African. By the next 100 years when everybody would belong to the so called educated individuals, it would be extremely difficult to find an African who still speaks and write in his/her native language. We WILL totally become a brainwashed lost culture. This is actually the biggest threat facing Africa and it WILL come to pass, unless we change the system of this thing we call education to reflect education grounded on African philosophy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by undisputedgbola(m): 12:56am On Dec 20, 2016
bebe2:

shocked 20yrs ke?
How are u doing ur maths?

My first is 13yrs.

It's not hard na, before I sleep I check, when I go pee I check, it takes less than 1min.

Our house is not massive so it doesn't disrupt my sleep. It's habit, may as they get older things will change.
It's the work of their creator to watch over them. It's well.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by sade1994(f): 1:03am On Dec 20, 2016
Loosing my parents especially my dad before he eats the fruit of his labour.. .he is a good father to me and my siblings. ..
The thought alone makes me cry
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Ezeego1(m): 1:59am On Dec 20, 2016
gracyblaze:
Getting married to the wrong guy and living miserably for the rest of my life.

Also scared of remaining single all my life cos of my focus on achieving a lot, career wise.

Also scared of starting my life afresh in 2017...

Also scared I won't get my dream job

The list is endless...

Fear NORTH my dear!
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by mikron(m): 2:19am On Dec 20, 2016
getting old and death
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by babz11(m): 3:28am On Dec 20, 2016
not to die young
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Habakus: 3:40am On Dec 20, 2016
bebe2:
Losing a child.

My kids are between 6 and 13 and I still check their breathing at night when they are sleeping.

Do your best and leave the rest for God.
Let him handle the worries. Your children need their mum healthy and strong.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by MagnaB: 4:32am On Dec 20, 2016
The only thing we should fear is fear itself - Frank Roosevelt.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by yinkeys(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2016
Not making heaven

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Zikkie(f): 6:48am On Dec 20, 2016
Ha! This is deep o! Pls calm down... Commit everything into God's hands, it's not by our powr nor might. God wl protect our children.

bebe2:
Losing a child.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by butanep(m): 6:55am On Dec 20, 2016
gracyblaze:
Getting married to the wrong guy and living miserably for the rest of my life.

Also scared of remaining single all my life cos of my focus on achieving a lot, career wise.

Also scared of starting my life afresh in 2017...

Also scared I won't get my dream job

The list is endless...

We share some similar fears...especially getting the right partner. That scare me a lot because I ve always been meeting partnes we aren't compactible.

Ohhh... 2017 is a big fear for me as I intend to quit my job and focus on my business. I am just so afraid about the outcome.

I pray God help me

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Zikkie(f): 6:57am On Dec 20, 2016
Prepare yourself to be a good husband while u await the good wife. God wwl bless our homes n grant calmness to every home in distress.

Guitarlife:
My greatest fear is marrying the wrong woman.

A man is dead before his death if he marries the wrong woman.

Read the papers, many a promising life has been cut short by marriage to the wrong women.

Dear God, please let me not end up with the wrong woman.

Let she who will end up as my wife keep her body for me alone and let me be content with drinking from her cistern only.

*Does sign of the cross*

Amen.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Zikkie(f): 7:09am On Dec 20, 2016
My greatest fear is dying and leaving my kids, when I look around, I wonder who can comfortably take care of them... I find tears rolling down my cheeks just at d thought of this! It would never be my portion in Jesus' name! Amen.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by ruggedadventure(m): 7:29am On Dec 20, 2016
i'm Philophobic
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by ruggedadventure(m): 7:30am On Dec 20, 2016
i'm Philophobic cry cry cry
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Legend87(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2016
bebe2:

I know, it's social media dat is making it worse, too many bad news and u can't help but wonder how painful it can be if such befalls a person.

Then, it's better you avoid headings with such topics. That way, the fear won't creep in.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Nikkybrainz(f): 9:01am On Dec 20, 2016
Hell fire, snakes, giving my whole heart to someone, marrying the wrong person. Even more, that some deep secrets I have will come to open
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by gracyblaze(f): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2016
butanep:

We share some similar fears...especially getting the right partner. That scare me a lot because I ve always been meeting partnes we aren't compactible.

Ohhh... 2017 is a big fear for me as I intend to quit my job and focus on my business. I am just so afraid about the outcome.

I pray God help me

I wish you well in all your future endeavors!!!
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Blessograo(f): 9:28am On Dec 20, 2016
Heights, been abandoned and forgotten, and there a tree in that looks like a Christmas tree in Lagos but it's usually tall. I run as fast as possible when I find it. And I fear the sentence "I don't trust you" like crazy.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Blessograo(f): 9:30am On Dec 20, 2016
I also fear loosing the one I love most. If only he could see this undecided. Well some things are not just meant to be.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by butanep(m): 10:11am On Dec 20, 2016
gracyblaze:

I wish you well in all your future endeavors!!!

Thanks...

You too
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Nicolars(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2016
WinningSun:

guy you need to work on your inner self. you are not perfect. stop judging yourself. I guess you are from a religious background. you have been thought to see things in black or white.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Joachian: 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
My greatest fear is losing myself or waking up to realise i'm in an unknown place lonely without my family or loved ones.
The thought of this alone scare me
Re: What Is Your Greatest Fear? by Cashio(m): 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
dying young

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where To Download Free Pdf Of Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmole / Valentine With The Poor! / Waziri Umaru Polytechnic Student Dies In Motor Accident In Kebbi State (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.