Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money (64139 Views)

FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / Infinitikoncept Has Refused To Released My Goods.. HELP / GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by blissful1(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2016
It happened to me once. That's why Nairalanders need to be careful, some of our members thieves

I used to buy mobile data from one Charles Amara Tryanzer with phone number 07060623338 some years back. One day, I mistakenly transferred N15,000 to his account. Not that I wanted to buy data that day. And very bad for him, it was tithe money for my pastor . I call ed him, the junior brother picked and told me after a long discuss that the brother, Charles is not in Nigeria. To make it short, up till now Charles has not refunded the money.
I left Charles to sort it out with his creator.

That didn't make me to take someone's money that mistakenly credited my account with N133,500.

13 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by jnrbayano(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2016
Bukybabe:

get police involved on top how much...at the end of the day he will regret going through the police.He will first write statement...even if they recover the money you will pay them from the same money..How much will remain..Let him go through his bank.Police to me is a no go area

You are right.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by humblemikel(f): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2016
LizGray:
Op you were very careless to make such mistake undecided How could you send money to a wrong person? Wrong account name and number I still don't get. You should be grateful he returned part of the money. In this period we are shocked
i think you should forward that blame to the banker who did the transaction,no one is above mistake
but does it means our bankers dont cross checked the name with the account number before processing their transaction.
this is what many Nigerians go through every day thats why it is said that two wrong cant make a right so dont be too fast to judge

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Austin4lif: 10:32am On Nov 29, 2016
1stolax:

Bastardd
on sunday nw you go wear cloth go church and shout the loudest alleluya. Criminal minded pikin like you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by femooshad(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2016
The Online warriors.. You see them here making noise online while if they encounter the scenario they'd elope with the money.

Jesus defined your types. . Hypocrites!!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by ButterFrost212(f): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2016
1stolax:

Your fada

Still doesn't change the fact that you're a THIEF!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by teemy(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

It is even criminal to send money to someone else's account wrongly.
then the money should have been left alone. why chop exhibit?

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by teemy(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

It is even criminal to send money to someone else's account wrongly....
then the money should have been left alone. why chop exhibit?

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Certifiedboss: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2016
reserved01:
Of course I never believed the whole he was expecting 50k and old woman cock and bull story he came up with, I just thought I should play along and try not to upset him. You know, JUST MAYBE he might fully return the money. After he paid back 25k, I intentionally refused to put pressure on him, I called him only twice or thrice throughout the whole period to ask about the remaining money, but he kept saying the same thing. That the woman's son has not paid yet, so i have to continue to wait, blah blah blah. I sensed where the whole drama was leading to
So I decided to stop been nice and playing dumb with him. I put a call through to him on Thursday and told him in clear tone to return the money. He immediately hanged the call and blocked my number on whatsapp. I knew what that meant. I didn't contact him again until yesterday nite when I used a friends line to message him on whatsapp and inform him of my intentions to post all his informations here on nairaland. I gave him 24 hours to get back to me, and declare his intentions to return the money. Oh well as expected he immediately blocked the said number and refused to get back to me till this moment.

This is a criminal case. The chat 's enough evidence and bank records as well. Go to the police and get a report then get court order and take to the bank. The bank will put a red flag on his account . The moment he step in to his bank to do any transaction the police will apprehend him...... I've seen this work before

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by MissIndependent(f): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2016
ifyalways:
The average Nigerian is a thief ! I cannot believe people are supporting him and making excuses for him.

Same way a popular Nlder scammed me of 580 euros that i sent him to help me pay for a blazer three years back . He claimed he paid it into a wrong paypal account. As long as the sun shines and God is still God, afflictions upon afflictions will NEVER depart from his head. What hurt me more in the whole process was that I wholly trusted him. . .

@OP, post his real names and bank details here. The internet never forgets. All that story of sick woman, bla bla are mere delay tactics. same thing the nlder did to me. For over two months, he kept on cooking up BS story, how he reported to Indian cyber unit, how the money has been unclaimed, and more rubbish story.And he was employed ooo, a lecturer fa.
It's a Pity.

@OP incase the police get involved in this case, trace all the thieves with negative comments here and arrest them too rubbish!!! angry

11 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Aburi001: 10:34am On Nov 29, 2016
kingreign:
Don't alanP know the name of the person who was suppose to fund him?
Besides, why didn't he call to inquire and acknowledge getting the fund?

I feel something don't add up and AlanP has seen an easy way to eat from someone's fall.
o
But the guy try na, out of #53k he give am CHANGE of #25k....lol
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by LorDBolton(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2016
Dongreat:

Op since you know the bank the idiot registered with, just go to the police station and narrate your story but promise to give em like 5k if em catch the dude. Then go to the bank with the police and look into the thief details cos he registered with a passport, house address and other means of communication. Do these and see what happens to the thief. Like I said, offer 5k to police as student way you be.

Option 2 is to use a woman to trap the idiot and this one will work but it takes time. Nor let your money lost o, such thief deserve firing squad.

Why are u advising the learner?

In this BVN era? I'm surprised people are this dumb.

I knew the OP is a learner when someone offered to refund 'part' of his money and he agreed...isn't. That stupidity?

Anyone with intuition will immediately smell a rat, instead he accepted it.

By now that thief should be at a station with his family & loved ones begging the OP to drop case.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Vizzim: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2016
blissful1:
It happened to me once. That's why Nairalanders need to be careful, some of our members thieves

I used to buy mobile data from one Charles Amara Tryanzer with phone number 07060623338 some years back. One day, I mistakenly transferred N15,000 to his account. Not that I wanted to buy data that day. And very bad for him, it was tithe money for my pastor . I call ed him, the junior brother picked and told me after a long discuss that the brother, Charles is not in Nigeria. To make it short, up till now Charles has not refunded the money.

That didn't make me to take someone's money that mistakenly credited my account with N133,500.

With that money he took now will that make the Mr Charles a millionaire. Some people don't think at all.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by ujezeez(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2016
So many thieves dey nairaland...by their comments u go know them SMH...

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by wineroll(f): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2016
Vizzim:

That why it called modern Christianity because it filled with pretense everywhere.
Hmmm.....God help us oo

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by ephi123(f): 10:36am On Nov 29, 2016
LizGray:
Because I said what we already know, that this world isnt just full with honest people. That there are dishonest people coupled with the present state of the economy where people do unlawful things because of money Go on with your delusions on the perfect world we live undecided dunderhead.

Of course the world isn't full of honest people when we have people like you here.

That the world isn't full of honest people is NO EXCUSE to justify stealing which is basically what you did. You better change your ways rather than defending rubbish.

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by steppin: 10:36am On Nov 29, 2016
fergieboy:

For him to return half.. Guy him try abeg.. A regular Nigerian won't even return shishi
What the fvck do mean by a regular Nigerian? You mean people like you?
I once lost an expensive phone and some street guys returned it.
When I first saw them, I never believed they would return it cos those guys looked hungry and unkempt. But instead, they gave me the phone and walked away. I had to call them back and begged them to collect some money from me as a token of my appreciation.
It's all about conscience, there's nothing Nigerian about it.

20 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by fabienjoe: 10:37am On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

It is even criminal to send money to someone else's account wrongly. Do you know people can steal people's phone and token and send people's money to your account and you get arrested ? Havent you witnessed the Dasuki's saga in Nigeria presently ? I said the recipient's story can check out in court provided he presents evidences and the characters involved in argument. I have 3 lawyers on my Payroll and Tinubu has over 30 lawyers in his payroll. Lawyers will tell you how the law works. Keep your conscience aside. Stop acting as if the law is sacrosanct, you win by presenting a better argument.

It is not criminal to send money into another's account by mistake. Motive is key. Have a thousand lawyers in your payroll, it doesn't change this. Some posts here are disheartening and disgusting. What sort of country is this? A country of people without integrity? Anyone that receives such cash is duty bound to return it fully and unconditionally. I've found myself receiving more than my change in transactions. I always return the excess. The reason is that if you give me less than you should, I'll demand for my full change. I repeat, he is duty bound to return that cash in full.

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by MissIndependent(f): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2016
Loisemm:
In this present economy, pls check and re-check before sending or transferring money. People are desperate now and Christmas is near sef.

Now unto the matter, alanposh do you watch Yoruba movies? (I know you are reading the comments as a guest!)
28k or any amount of money is too small for you to mortgage your destiny for.
Think and think again. If you think you're wise, I laugh. Karma will find you and when it does, you will wish you can take back the hands of time and return this student's money. Let something terrible not befall you later and your relatives will start going upandan looking for solution God forbid. Then they trace it back to a mere 28k! That will be pitiable oo.

If you have spent this man's money, call him and give him a definite time you will return it n let it not cross over into the new year. I dont believe your old woman cock n bull story! And the Op and owner of the money shouldn't be begging you to return his money. You are there saying see the problem he has put you in... you now have to pay back from your own money bla bla bla...
Do you have conscience?!
If Op does not find you, mark my words, karma will!
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by linearity: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

It is even criminal to send money to someone else's account wrongly. Do you know people can steal people's phone and token and send people's money to your account and you get arrested ? Havent you witnessed the Dasuki's saga in Nigeria presently ? I said the recipient's story can check out in court provided he presents evidences and the characters involved in argument. I have 3 lawyers on my Payroll and Tinubu has over 30 lawyers in his payroll. Lawyers will tell you how the law works. Keep your conscience aside. Stop acting as if the law is sacrosanct, you win by presenting a better argument.

Can you show me in the constitution or by case laws, where it is criminal to send money to someone's account wrongly?

And, Yes it is criminal to spend money that was sent into your account wrongly. You didn't not earn that money and can't spend it. It is the same as spending one million naira you picked on the street, both are theft and criminal.

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Zirah: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Absolute nonsense.

Billyonaire:
There is a price for every mistake. I hope you dont expect me to pity you for making such a mistake. All you needed to do was to exercise patience and continue playing around with the guy until he refunds the money.

Now that you have exposed the guy's photo on social media and called him a thief, and also exposed his phone number. You should seriously pray that the guy doesnt take you to court and have you imprisoned. 53,000 naira is not money compared to the damages on his person and he can claim character assassination, loss of faith from his clients, loss of reputation and loss of business due to trust issues consequence upon your action. His story is believable and very clever. This is not about conscience, its about word play.

He can cleverly pay an old woman (if his version was a lie) to pose as the woman that expected the cash and he will win in court. Some of you dont know how to use your initiatives. This is counter-intituitive. No be everything dem dey use common-sense.

I hope you dont go to jail and pay hefty sum for this.

8 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by otunbakolawole(m): 10:41am On Nov 29, 2016
God bless your friend! see how fellow nairalanders are encouraging a thief. these same people will curse politicians o!

donnie:
Wat a shame. Meanwhile a young guy just told me how a lady he had never met before begged to use his account to do a transfer while at the bank.

He agreed and the lady sent 1,500,000 to his account while he waited. He even walked out of the bank to buy airtime and the lady remained calm.

According to him, he heard voices (devils of course) asking him to run and do an immediate transfer with his mobile app, and contact his banker friend to close the account, but he refused.

He came back to the bank and continued waiting. While there, his yahoo yahoo friend came in and told him. "Ol boy run!" and when he refused, called him fool, mumu etc.

According to him, he feared God and couldn't imagine betraying such trust.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by saudyarmani(m): 10:41am On Nov 29, 2016
1stolax:
[s][/s]
Go fûck yourself if you don't have brain.

Go Bleep your momma,idiot....omo abi n pabe

U r a shame to your lineage,you are encouraging corruption...it shows how local, vulgar and mannerless u are,am sure you never enjoyed a parental care

Omo ako igba,adojutini omo,omo ale, omo ofo, God's wrath will visit you and your family before the end of this year which you will never recover from in years

WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY..hes a criminal and an ex convicts, cos no sensible man would support any form or crime

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Vizzim: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2016
kennyjam:

I want to make the OP feel relaxed that all is well....More God's touch on the owner of the account will make him send more more or all of the remaining balance....

Amen óò. Hopefully

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2016
reserved01:

anybody can make mistake but I don't understand why people would want to bank on it. If the guy had even sent most of the money and kept like 3k or 4k to himself I can easily ignore. but u decided to send 25k and keep a whole 28k to urself. that's just wickedness. As for the police issue, im trying to work on that.

Your're a fool for wasting my precious time in reading through this crap. Do you not have his bank account number? Go get a police report, then head straight to his bank & retrieve his BVN & contact information.

Take the police to his house, if you do not see him. Arrest his mother, wife or sibling.

I can assure you, he will be made to refund your money in full including logistics & miscellaneous.

In the interim, release his moniker to me, let me take it to the presence of Obatala & curse his entire lineage.

I don't know Y people are so dishonest & stupid.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by francisbiz: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

You are right. I dont work hard. I work smart. If I was a brick-layer or village hunter and village farmer. If I was a cleaner or night guard which I consider hardwork, then I dont think I would have been this wealthy. Life isnt always about working hard.

That being said; My position remains that he is not supposed to expose the guy's pictures on Nairaland for his own very mistake. He is supposed to pay the price then use diplomacy to recover the funds. Even if the guy confessed that he spent the money. You cant expose his photos. In court you are asked if you owe, and you say Yes. And then you are asked when you expect to pay back. You are the one to mention the date and it will be recorded. No one goes to jail for owing and admitting that you owe. Never happens, except you deny.

In this case, the recipient story is sweet. And he can win in court provided he has evidences.
You are just a common and uneducated thief!
Just here yourself, illiterate lawyer!
No one goes to jail for debt abii, debt from the money that he borrowed or fro withdrawing and using money that does not belong to him?
See as you dey show urself, criminal.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2016
What's his moniker on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Catastrophe1: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2016
Some people can be so ungrateful. OP you are lucky he is a nice guy. At least manage the 25k he sent you and count ur losses. You just paid ur tithe never mind God will replenish ur pocket.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Spidermon: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2016
If we can be honest with ourselves, the average Nigerian has criminal tendencies.

I dont understand why the bank is wasting time in resolving this matter

I wish the OP good luck in getting his money back.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 29, 2016
Vacora:

Dude, he had a defence but he cannot deny knowledge of the said sum not belonging to him. He is still liable for theft. The Op is entitled to chase up his repayment albeit legally even with reasonable threats. The Bank should have taken robust action and have failed in their duty.

Have you ever asked someone to send funds to your relative on your behalf ? Then you should know that the accused story can check out in court. Which is a greater offense ? Someone who admits receipt of funds, discusses that the funds wasnt his own and wasnt meant for him, and that he has handed the money to an old woman for hospital bill. Then admits that he has called the person that was supposed to send the funds and he as admitted he wasnt the one that sent then funds. Then he went ahead to recover unspent part of the money. Then borrowed extra 5k to add to pay back showing as a sign of honesty. Now compare that offence to someone who comes online on social media with more than 1.5million users and over 5 million guest users to expose not just the photo but with phone number and went ahead to destroy his person and character for 53 naira. The accused can tell the court that he is afraid for his life. That his life is at stake. That he is receiving threats to his life physically and it is true. I am sure nairalanders are already calling now and threatening. And the telecomms company will bring phone records. You guys really have a different perception of life and living.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 29, 2016
Vizzim:

U can imagine a corper that lacks all virtue. The guy could av easily begged for 5k from the money. Wahalie Naija cannot continue like this.
During NYSC camping, there were many reported issues of phone theft..
Imagine corpers stealing phones..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by francisbiz: 10:46am On Nov 29, 2016
blissful1:

Nigerians are very dubious that is why God is punishing us with wicked and corrupt politicians.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Entrepreneurship Development / Man Rewarded By Students He Gave Free Ice Cream In Kaduna 30 Years Ago / Lady Professes Love To Fewa, Femi Otedola’s Son (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.