Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God (1358 Views)

During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God / Man Burns Holy Bible; Claims, It’s A ‘powerless [ Watch Video ] / Man Beats Girlfriend To Death With Bible:claims She Was The Devil!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Eyor1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
– A 1500-year-old Bible found in Turkey claims Jesus Christ was not crucified

– It also states he was not the son of God but a Prophet

– Religious authorities insist that the book is authentic

Earth-shattering news are coming from various websites! The 1500-year-old Bible, which was discovered in Ankara, Turkey’s capital, in 2000, refutes the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Moreover, it says that he was not the son of God but a Prophet, who didn’t die and ascended into heaven alive.

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt7d4u5jtb75m.27da4b21.jpg@[/img]

It also states that it was Judas Iscariot who was actually crucified and calls Apostle Paul the Impostor. This information was taken from the gospel of Barnabas, who in this work is one of the twelve apostles.

There is a theory that the modern Bible was formed out of four canonical gospels by the Catholic Church during the Council of Nicea, while the Gospel of Barnabas as well as many others were ommitted.

The book along with antiquities, illegal excavations, and explosives were reportedly confiscated from a group of smugglers in a Mediterranean-area operation. It is written in the Aramaic laguage with gold letters and onto loosely-tied leather.

The Bible that contradicts the New Testament teachings of Christianity is reportedly valued up to 40 million Turkish Liras (about $28m). While authenticity of the book is still under question some experts and religious authorities believe that it is original.

However, some scholars branded the Gospel of Barnabas Bible a forgery written during the Middle Ages. Meanwhile, the Vatican has asked Turkish authorities to let them examine the contents of the book.

https://www.naij.com/737721-1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-christ-not-crucified.html
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by somadinho10: 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
Turkey?..... Since its a Muslim country make I comot for here
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by menxer: 12:29am On Nov 28, 2016
somadinho10:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Google is still your friend.

Turkey was once a Christian city... Constantinople (capital of Byzantine Empire)

1 Like

Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Blitzerz: 6:51am On Nov 28, 2016
menxer:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Google is still your friend.

Turkey was once a Christian city... Constantinople (capital of Byzantine Empire)

It was Christian until yhe muslims overtook it with genocide and violently converted everything in it.

So its not a surprise still.
It further buttresses his point
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by promise10: 6:55am On Nov 28, 2016
gbam!
Another dumb thread!
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Wilgrea7(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2016
i laugh when i see topics like this..
there is no such thing as ancient or original bible... the 'bible' is a compilation of books... so whatever ancient stuff was only a compilation of books that ignored the divinity of Jesus... there are way older texts that attest to the divinity of Jesus

1 Like

Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Everfrank(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2016
But it's clear even in the modern Bible that Jesus wasn't the son of God. He categorically denied being the son of God at the trial before his so called crucifixion.
In biblical time 'son of God' means 'righteous man'. Many people before Jesus were equally called the son of God, Abraham, Noah etc.
In Genesis we have heard of the incredible power of God where he only commanded and it was. He can forgive whoever he wants without sending his only son to come and die for a sin he never committed. The sins committed from the the time of Jesus to the present day is a trillion times more than the sins committed from his time backwards to the creation of the world. Including the original sin of course.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by menxer: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2016
Blitzerz:

It was Christian until yhe muslims overtook it with genocide and violently converted everything in it.

So its not a surprise still.
It further buttresses his point

And that is according to Google or which history book?

Turkey has had many conquerors. Leave the victim card of genocide, it never happened, talk of vassals.

Conversion was always forced whether it was Christian crusaders that conquered a city or the Ottomans.
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Blitzerz: 9:40am On Dec 02, 2016
menxer:

And that is according to Google or which history book?

Turkey has had many conquerors. Leave the victim card of genocide, it never happened, talk of vassals.

Conversion was always forced whether it was Christian crusaders that conquered a city or the Ottomans.

Paul did his ministry in Turkey.
He didnt kill to spread christianity. He preached.

Dont bend history.
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by menxer: 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
Blitzerz:

Paul did his ministry in Turkey.
He didnt kill to spread christianity. He preached.

Dont bend history.

Who said Paul killed to spread Christianity?
Was Paul a crusader?

A little read on the history of the crusaders as regards the spread of Christianity would not hurt your sensibilities, I guess.
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by impossible27(m): 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
Everfrank:
But it's clear even in the modern Bible that Jesus wasn't the son of God.
Oga who told you that?

Mark 8 :27.
27Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them,“Whodo people say I am?”
28They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets.”
29“But what about you?”he asked.“Who do you say I am?”Peter answered, “You are the Messiah.”
30Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him.Jesus Predicts His Death31He then began to teach them that the [b]Son of Man [/b]must suffer many things andbe rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again..

There are many other verses like jhn 3:16 and so on

He categorically denied being the son of God at the trial before his so called crucifixion.
Another lie. Jesus did not dieny anything. he only answered he is the king of jews

luke 28:3

3 So Pilate asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”Jesus replied,“You have said it.”

In biblical time 'son of God' means 'righteous man'. Many people before Jesus were equally called the son of God, Abraham, Noah etc.
Haa. how did son of God became righous man in old testament. please prove those names you called are sons of God and back it up with verses
In Genesis we have heard of the incredible power of God where he only commanded and it was. He can forgive whoever he wants without sending his only son to come and die for a sin he never committed. The sins committed from the the time of Jesus to the present day is a trillion times more than the sins committed from his time backwards to the creation of the world. Including the original sin of course.

Jesus has no sins my dear. as a son of God he came to lay down his life for our sins to be forgiven

Mark 10:45
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to giveHis life a ransom for many."

And many more verses he quote.

I don't like aguing on religon thrend but your comment tempted me to write up. Thank God my sunday school as a child is not in vain, I can defend myself anywhere.

Shalom
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Blitzerz: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
menxer:

Who said Paul killed to spread Christianity?
Was Paul a crusader?

A little read on the history of the crusaders as regards the spread of Christianity would not hurt your sensibilities, I guess.

Paul and the crusaders, who came first?
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by menxer: 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
Blitzerz:

Paul and the crusaders, who came first?

If you don't know the difference or who came first between the two, please Google hasn't crashed yet.
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by menxer: 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
impossible27:

Mark 10:45
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Shalom

According to the above verse, if Jesus came to serve and not be served , why do we then say he came to save the world?

Is serve synonymous with save?

..."give his life a ransom for many, "
is many synonymous with all?
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Blitzerz: 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
menxer:

If you don't know the difference or who came first between the two, please Google hasn't crashed yet.

Obviously U r the one who doesnt know, hence mentioning crusaders when I was talking about Paul's christian work in Turkey.
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
menxer:

According to the above verse, if Jesus came to serve and not be served , why do we then say he came to save the world?

Is serve synonymous with save?

..."give his life a ransom for many, "
is many synonymous with all?

In servitude came salvation as he had to humble himself even to the death on the cross. Ransom for many means as many as would accept that ransom. He died for all but only those willing to accept it would be set free as then would the price paid cover them as a ransom.

As MANY as received him, to them he gave the power to be called the sons of God.
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by LordCenturion(m): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
somadinho10:

U are an ignorant, is a Nigeria is originally Christian/Muslim country?, don't u know that both religions were introduced into Nigeria more than 100 years ago?, think before u talk
Re: Ancient Bible Claims Jesus Christ Is Prophet, Not Son Of God by somadinho10: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
LordCenturion:

U are an ignorant, is a Nigeria is originally Christian/Muslim country?, don't u know that both religions were introduced into Nigeria more than 100 years ago?, think before u talk
OK sir lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

How God Saved Me From Embarrassment Today (my Testimony) / Element Of Divination:Opele / Celebrating The Divine Manifestation Of The Godhead His Holiness Olumba Olumba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.