Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) (27301 Views)

Firm Seeks To Recruit A Lawyer For 25k Monthly Salary / Association Of Unemployed Graduates Of Nigeria Signpost Spotted In Enugu / Affordable Virgin Lands For Sale In Port Harcourt (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by johnstar(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2016
Hmm

Na charge and bail lawyers dem na grin
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 28, 2016
fratermathy:
Thats the struggle Nigerian lawyers go through. No jobs anywhere except you are opportune to be born into a family of A list lawyers or have strong connections for public and private practice.

Nigerians seem to think they can just attend any University and expect a good job to be waiting for them

It's not just lawyers, it's a reflection of the quality of graduates we are producing in Nigeria. The guy putting out the advert is not expecting a lawyer from a top university, he didn't ask for class of degree and from the advert you can tell it's not a top law firm. The really good graduates from top universities (esp foreign) will always get the best jobs from the best firms/companies. The guy who put out the advert is looking for someone from a quack university and if you attend a quack University, then these are the kinds of jobs available to you.
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by RillJ(m): 9:41am On Nov 28, 2016
More real than you can ever imagine. The average going rate is N25k. Meanwhile the individual is xpected to do PPs to augment. So sad, very pathetic but very, very real.

handsomeclouds:
Looks too fake to be real
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Seun4FastLoans(f): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2016
handsomeclouds:
Looks too fake to be real
Obviously it's fake even though it can happen
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Sexycurve: 9:46am On Nov 28, 2016
Which way nigeria oh no, which way to go? Please don't say it's fake. My friend is being paid 10k every month, a lawyer ooo

1 Like

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2016
eph12:

Better they just do even the study abroad then. But I hope you are doing something about it?
I have already done something about it
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Talkingboy: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2016
Kayoski:
Sadly many lawyers even earn lower than that...

I thank God for internet marketing.. My cv will never land on anyone's table...

I earn money in my pygamas ..

Bros, abeg come show me the way na
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by nnaomaog(m): 9:49am On Nov 28, 2016
[size=8pt][/size]
danlivin:
lol.....I'm graduate that make more than that NETWORKING.... I made 75k last week in ULTIMATE CYCLER (07037629947)....you're what you know..... This our country sef

How do I register people under me ....cos m sponsor just activated ma acc
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 28, 2016
matrixme:
And children studying law in the University will be raising their shoulders at those in theatre arts? They don't know their profession is now worth a paltry 40,000 naira. May God help us.
even actors and actresses can outrich lawyers..# some people's brain sha
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Akan(m): 9:58am On Nov 28, 2016
The sad thing is applications for that job will be pouring in in droves

1 Like

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by MrHighSea: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2016
maxwell767:
grin

In 2pac voice #something's will never change#

SOME THINGS will...
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by bigiyaro(m): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2016
Wats d big deal abt being a laya? Sori i mean lawyer, anyway, d simple way of being super rich is tru biz;

1 Like

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by pinkguy(m): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2016
I'm very sure some narialander will still send their cv to that mail ......country hard

1 Like

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Unclerukus: 10:39am On Nov 28, 2016
vodutive:

Nigerians seem to think they can just attend any University and expect a good job to be waiting for them

It's not just lawyers, it's a reflection of the quality of graduates we are producing in Nigeria. The guy putting out the advert is not expecting a lawyer from a top university, he didn't ask for class of degree and from the advert you can tell it's not a top law firm. The really good graduates from top universities (esp foreign) will always get the best jobs from the best firms/companies. The guy who put out the advert is looking for someone from a quack university and if you attend a quack University, then these are the kinds of jobs available to you.

Its not just about the School, there are jobs in Nigeria but they are being hoarded for family and friends. I have a relative that studied in Scotland, fine school , University of abertay Dundee , mechanical engineering with good grades ,graduate internships with G.E and Cadbury , came to Nigeria and struggled to get a job at shell or schlumberger. my guy saved and packed his load to the U.S , works for baker Hughes in a supervisory role now, built a monster duplex in Lekki last year. That really puts Nigeria as a whole into context. politics and Nepotism everywhere. though a lot of people are lucky but nepotism rules here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Unclerukus: 10:55am On Nov 28, 2016
The thing about law is that it isn't a profession for poor and average people , it's for super rich who have mighty connections or those who attended best law faculties and schools. you go to all these Top multinational firms , I wouldn't be surprised most of their legal counsels are ivy league or world top 100 trained.
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by ibabz(m): 11:01am On Nov 28, 2016
Just do charge and bail for a week and make twice the salary

1 Like

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 28, 2016
Unclerukus:
Its not just about the School, there are jobs in Nigeria but they are being hoarded for family and friends. I have a relative that studied in Scotland, fine school , University of abertay Dundee , mechanical engineering with good grades ,graduate internships with G.E and Cadbury , came to Nigeria and struggled to get a job at shell or schlumberger. my guy saved and packed his load to the U.S , works for baker Hughes in a supervisory role now, built a monster duplex in Lekki last year. That really puts Nigeria as a whole into context. politics and Nepotism everywhere. though a lot of people are lucky but nepotism rules here.

true the odds are stacked against the Nigerian graduate but the best he can do for himself is to at least attend a good Uni.
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by maxwell767(m): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2016
MrHighSea:
SOME THINGS will...

Like.........? embarassed
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by fineyemi(m): 11:17am On Nov 28, 2016
People keep making 40k every month and I made 50k by paying 12500 to somebody in ultimate cycler in a week as a student. I was scared of doing it b4 but I never regretted it. Am enjoying ma money and am waiting for another 50k in the next 3 days. if u are interested, u can whatsap me on 08166343495. its for only those with N12500. if u don't have that said amount. you can't do it.

This is far more better than mmm
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Abee79(m): 11:17am On Nov 28, 2016
I had worse offers as a young Lawyer looking for job. Still, the seniors will be telling me: ''we are doing you a favour'', or ''that was how some of us started . . . bla bla bla!'' undecided
There are quite a number of Law Firms that pay well though.
PS: Some Law Firms (especially those that do not pay well) allow the juniors to do their own 'stuff' by the side, and keep the 'Appearance Fees' cool
Generally, most young Lawyers in private practice are not paid well (considering the efforts they expend on the job) cry cry cry
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by fineyemi(m): 11:22am On Nov 28, 2016
Talkingboy:

Bros, abeg come show me the way na
Do u have 12500
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Guru9ja(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2016
fineyemi:
Do u have 12500
so....u sef dey ultimate cycler
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Joephat(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2016
and I told my frd to just join me make we run this political science for 4years and go home. he refused that's law or never

I want him to see this...

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Guru9ja(m): 11:28am On Nov 28, 2016
mcemmy0z:
#40,000 For a lawyer?
Which way Nigeria?
grin
mcemmy0z:
#40,000 For a lawyer?
Which way Nigeria?
nawa ooo and I make 50k in a week with 12500. People dey try ooo.
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Talkingboy: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2016
fineyemi:
Do u have 12500

go joooor ... I am not doing ur MMM or cyber cwarler or hatever , and all those ur haram business

MMM is haram ., Desist from doing it .
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Guru9ja(m): 11:42am On Nov 28, 2016
Talkingboy:

go joooor ... I am not doing ur MMM or cyber cwarler or hatever , and all those ur haram business

MMM is haram ., Desist from doing it .
am not doing mmm. am only doing ultimate cycler and which 1 be haram again
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Talkingboy: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2016
Guru9ja:
am not doing mmm. am only doing ultimate cycler and which 1 be haram again

ok sir
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by SmartyPants(m): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2016
Abee79:
I had worse offers as a young Lawyer looking for job. Still, the seniors will be telling me: ''we are doing you a favour'', or ''that was how some of us started . . . bla bla bla!'' undecided
There are quite a number of Law Firms that pay well though.
PS: Some Law Firms (especially those that do not pay well) allow the juniors to do their own 'stuff' by the side, and keep the 'Appearance Fees' cool
Generally, most young Lawyers in private practice are not paid well (considering the efforts they expend on the job) cry cry cry

At the bolded, people know how to fixate upon the negatives and forget there are surely positives. In a country like Nigeria there is so much work for lawyers to do but also there are so many lawyers so naturally the connected few get the first juicy spots and then the exceptionally bright few get the other juicy spots, then the above average regular people get the regular normal paying jobs and the mediocre masses who studied law because of the prestige in Uni roam the streets either doing charge and bail or applying for job offers like the one displayed here.

The other day someone asked me what my goal was, whether it was just to get the law degree or to get a very good result; my answer, in my head, was neither. My goal is to learn the law and graduate as a highly capable and well trained lawyer capable of holding my own with the best of the best anywhere in the world. I guarantee any law student that if your reason for studying law is law itself and not the prestige or other such, then you will stand out.

And even if you graduate and have to start with such low paying jobs, if you follow through with the same attitude you will definitely find better opportunities.
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by crownbryan(m): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2016
Everyone dream; it is good to dream, but are you deeply lost in your dream, while others chase theirs? If you are still dreaming about moving your business or school to the next level, now is the time. Click on http://www.allaboutschoolsng.com/ to secure advert space for your business or school, we make you visible across the world.
you can email us at hello@allaboutschoolsng.com or call 08177275312. IT ALLABOUTSCHOOLS!!!
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by SmartyPants(m): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2016
Joephat:
and I told my frd to just join me make we run this political science for 4years and go home. he refused that's law or never

I want him to see this...

Guy i'm just sitting here and laughing at you!! Do you know why?

Any job you can apply for as a political science degree holder will also be open to people with other skills, including your lawyer friend. But law is closed off to intruders like you.

Wherever you go to apply for some juicy offer, you may also meet a lawyer or Dr or engineer sitting next to you, willing and capable of choking you out of a job for which you actually studied in school.

sorry bro!! joke's on you

1 Like

Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by millionboi(m): 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
vodutive:

what is dis one saying?

u talk as if u are from Congo nd not nigeria.

so who are u dcivin?huh
Re: Vacancy Poster For A Lawyer Spotted In Port-Harcourt (photos) by Anaskie(m): 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
CoCoLav, remember what I was telling u the other day? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos / Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? / Difference Between HND And Bsc- Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.