Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" (3293 Views)

The Bible,an Enemy Of A Truth Seeker / Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? / The Old Testament ‘bible’ An X Rated Horror Story With War Criminal Cast Of Worl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2009
Imagine all d eight chapters of "THE SONGS OF SOLOMON" constitute an invitation 2 adultery and furnication which is dangerous if read by young ones. I imagine how such BABARIC languages managed 2 av a place in d so called HOLY BOOK.
Let's see few of them:
Chapter 4:5-  Your BREAST are like 2 young roses
Chapter 1:10-Kiss me with d kisses of your mouth and your love is better than wine
Chapter 8:8-  We have a little sister an she has no breast
Chapter 7:1-  The joint of tighs are like javels

Let d Christain be sincere 2 themselves, let them think of wat spiritual benefits are deprivable 4rm these IMMORAL statements by an honest reader of Bible. I can't even give a kid a BIBLE 2 read. HABA!!!
One Western Philosopher GEORGE BARNARD SHAW said: "THE MOST DANGEROUS BOOK ON EARTH (BIBLE) KEEP IT UNDER LOCK AND KEY"
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Coco29(f): 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2009
i totally agree with you, and the only way for others to understand it, is to read the whole book then they will realise how confusing and wrong it is i will say again any thing that was given to us during slavery can not be GOOD for us.
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Ak4ril(m): 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ Law prince, I asked for more, and you've given us. Thanks for this, it is another good one.

@
Coco29:

i totally agree with you, and the only way for others to understand it, is to read the whole book then they will realise how confusing and wrong it is i will say again any thing that was given to us during slavery can not be GOOD for us.
Thanks Bro, true talk.
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Coco29(f): 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ Thanks Bro, true talk.
[quote][/quote]

erm king last time i checked i was female wink
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2009
True talk, the song of solomon is nothing but a teaching of lewdness and sexuality
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2009
@OP:

Your talk is plain bollocks. It is not an invitation to adultery, it is a love story between a man and his wife-to-be. And there are no references to sex. rather, there are references to sexual purity, and references to how well the maiden has kept herself in a perverse generation.

2 Tim 3:16-17
All scripture is God-breathed (divinely inspired) and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Everything in the Bible is there for a good reason. If there had been no Songs of Solomon book, nay-sayers like you would have started saying that the Bible ignores the topic of sex as if it doesnt exist. Real christians are not hypocrites, we say things exactly the way they are, no matter what the world thinks.

You said you cannot give a child, of course you cannot. thats why he/she is a child, children are not expected to be able to handle any type of information. In fact, things are hidden from their sight to protect them in their innocence. My wonder is why people like you, who, presumably, have imagined all sorts of sexual evil already, are still pointing fingers at the book of songs. If it bothers you so much, i recommend you either get MARRIED or you go and read the book of Ephesians, either choice will do you very good.

There is no field of knowledge or endeavour that was experienced in human history that the Bible fails to deal with. At the time that King Solomon wrote the SONGS of SOLOMON, there was terrible sexual perversion all over the world. All civilizations were doing it, and Israelites were starting to think there was n0thing wrong with sexual sin, as well. That singular book is the ONLY book that deals explicitly with the kind of love that exists between a man and his wife.

If you need more details I can say more.

Cheers
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2009
Isn;t it funny that the same people that complain that the Bible does not talk about some things, are the same ones that complain that the Bible talks about some other topics?

The words in the Bible are not the substance that gives life to people, its the spirit in which the understanding is appropriated and apprehended.

@OP: Whatever you are trying to achieve in this thread, I do not know, but I need to warn you,
"A blind man cannot lead another blind man into the streets, they will both fall into the ditch"
-Jesus Christ
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2009
And you recommend the bible to the children ? Its immoral
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2009
Abuzola:

And you recommend the bible to the children ? Its immoral

I cannot recommend you for work or even living anywhere near children. You are IMMORAL. I am making this conclusion just because you can even be found talking about sex.

That is as silly as the statement u just made. So the Bible is immoral because it talked about sex? That's the dumbest thing I have heard in a long while., Try again.

I suggest you check the dictionary for the meaning of immoral?
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2009
What a retard, why should a holy book be talking of pussy and sexuality, do you want me to give you some instances
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2009
Hypocrisy is the disease that has eaten into many people's hearts, people who harbour such thoughts as these are just hypocrites.

SEX is not bad, it is good because God created it. Just like every other thing, human beings have managed to make something bad out of the good creation of God. Sex is almost always used in a depraved manner, but that does not mean that sex is bad or sex is immoral. Sex done right, between a husband and wife, is PLEASING AND ACCEPTABLE to their God and maker.

The book of Songs of Solomon is a love story between King Solomon and his wife-to-be. A LOVE-STORY! The same way you will not show kids your deep love-letters, why should you MAKE a child read the book of songs? In this case, King Solomon's PERSONAL love letters have been found to contain many deep truths about sexual purity, and that is why it is included in the Bible, to show people like you and me that it is possible to have sexual feelings and CHANNEL THEM THE RIGHT WAY. And stay in purity!

I can analyze all the chapters and verses for you, but Im not inclined to waste my time unless you really want to read what I have to say. But before I stop for now, I will prove how the original poster DELIBERATELY took the verses out of context and twisted it to tell LIES against the book, and the BIBLE.

Chapter 4:1-7 gives the full context, and not just the single verse that the OP mischieviously lifted out of the book. The lover is describing how beautiful his love is, and King Solomon, the same man whose wisdom was broadcast the world over, is well known to be a man of intricate expressions. This is an early form of poetry, and all the verses from 1 to 7 and even beyond contain SIMILES that describe a part of her body to another. It is, indeed, adult material, but then in the first case, ONLY ADULTS RECITE LOVE POETRY, or is that not so?

Chapter 1:2 (not 1:10, what fake contrived bible are u using?) Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
This is a simple statement of affection by the Shunammite woman, a VIRGIN, and I do not see where it is inappropriate for a well-behaved husband-and-wife to be to kiss one another ON THE MOUTH, and stay in control. KISSING WAS EVEN A FORM OF GREETING IN THOSE DAYS, and NOTE HANDSHAKES.

Chapter 8:8 We have a little sister and she has no breasts. It does not take a lot of intelligence to see that what the poet is saying here is that "we have an under-aged sister". That is how they used to say things in that age and time. If you had been insightful enough to use a modern translation of the Bible, you will have seen something like "We have a little sister and she has not yet come of age" or so. pah!

If you had the stay-of-mind to read further,
"Son 8:8  We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?
Son 8:9  If she be a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and if she be a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar.
Son 8:10  I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour."

What the book is saying here is that the brothers of the bride-to-be were saying that they had a sister who was still very young (reference to the breasts, which was a way of speaking poetically. Those of you who watch indian films will know what I mean). Then they made references to the fact that they did not know how they would need to present her to the king when she will be SPOKEN FOR, because its either she is a virgin or not. If she's a virgin (a WALL), they will lavish praise on her and present her as such. If she's a DOOR, she has lost her virginity and they will need to know how to handle the matter to avoid disgrace. She replied that she is a VIRGIN (a wall), and not only that, that she is now of age (her breasts are like towers) and thats why she found favour in the eyes of King Solomon.

Do you see that the OP just took this entire thing out of context? its people like you that will refuse to talk to ur kids about sex when they are meant to hear from you, and you will let them go and learn BAD THINGS outside the house, outside the family. You will let them enter into the hands of perverts and sexual predators.

Chapter 7:1 Please see my comment about Chapter 4:1-7.

Cheers

P.S> On a last note, if you have anything to say about Christian beliefs, dont ever go to the old testament because Christianity is not built on the Old Testament. You can talk about the New Testament, and lets hear what you have to say.
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2009
Abuzola:

What a retard, why should a holy book be talking of womanliness and sexuality, do you want me to give you some instances

Why shouldn't a holy book talk about sexuality? How else will the people get to know the truth? It deals with all aspects of human endeavours, and of course yes, sexuality is one of them too! But do you know that whatever you seek, you eventually find? You can seek holiness and righteousness in the Bible, and you will find it! Instead you look for sex and sexuality. Of course you will find it. You will even find a story of a harlot who was notorious all over the city, stories of homosexual and gay practices and so on. That's because the Bible is a pillar of truth. God is not in the habit of talking with water in his mouth, He says what he means and He means what he says, without consulting u or me.

Thats my 2 cents.
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2009
The talking of sexuality isn't a problem, the problem is it is a silly story narration that encourage immorality instead of educating
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2009
In Islam there is no do or die so stop deceiving urself

'there is no compulsion in religion, verily the right path has become distinct from the wrong path.

Whoever disbelieves in other gods and believe in Allah then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break.

And Allah is All Hearer and All Knower'
Quran 2:256
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 10:53pm On Nov 08, 2009
I believe in Allah too. He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to this world to save you and I from our sins, the ones we have committed, the ones we are committing and the ones we are yet to commit. Accept his salvation and escape damnation.

Selah,
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2009
Hahaha another contradiction in the bible, Psalm 3:7 David is God's begotten son. Hahahaha, what a book of fraud
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2009
It's not a contradiction. I am also God's begotten son. You need to get learned before you start talking, tongue grin
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2009
Delusion at its best.

Were you not the one that said jesus was the 'only' begotten son ? See john 3:16, how come we have many begotten sons of God, solomon was also called begotten son likewise israel. You better wake up and accept the truth instead of being arrogant
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 5:04am On Nov 09, 2009
May understanding come unto you. undecided

Jesus WAS the only begotten son of God, but when he died, he brought myself and many other sons unto glory back to God.

God, like a businessman, invested his only Son Jesus, and we are the profits, the dividends, the benefits. We're sons in Him thru Christ. Thats it.
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 7:10am On Nov 09, 2009
Liar ! Did david come before jesus or not, yet david was the begotten son even before jesus was crucified

'i will tell you of the decree of the Lord, he said to me,'You are my son, today i have begotten you' psalm 2:7

how come john 3:16 'for God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son' haba how many only begotten sons, can you now see that your bible is a fraud
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by SeanT21(f): 9:04am On Nov 09, 2009
Abuzola, stop disgracing yourself on the world wide web..
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Horus(m): 10:14am On Nov 09, 2009
mavenbox:

SEX is not bad, it is good because God created it. Just like every other thing, human beings have managed to make something bad out of the good creation of God. Sex is almost always used in a depraved manner, but that does not mean that sex is bad or sex is immoral.

Christians pastors who are raping childrens at church are thinking the same way.
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2009
@sean, is it a disgrace to say the menance of the bible ? Huh
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
Abuzola:

@sean, is it a disgrace to say the menance of the bible ? Huh

But we call the quran a menace and muslims burn embassies, flags and kill no?
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2009
KAI BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!,assigning SON to ALLAH,Becareful so you dnt burn in HELLFIRE
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2009
uplawal:

KAI BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!,assigning SON to ALLAH,Becareful so you dnt burn in HELLFIRE

essentially this is all islam has . . . does it really have a message?
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
u think so?
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 7:20pm On Nov 09, 2009
Its the truth david
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 2:04am On Nov 10, 2009
Abuzola:

Liar ! Did david come before jesus or not, yet david was the begotten son even before jesus was crucified

'i will tell you of the decree of the Lord, he said to me,'You are my son, today i have begotten you' psalm 2:7

how come john 3:16 'for God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son' haba how many only begotten sons, can you now see that your bible is a fraud

@Abuzola:
I agree with Sean T21, you are only disgracing yourself on the world-wide-web by showing your ignorance and arguing blindly in the face of evidence! What does PROPHECY mean to you? David was a prophet and the verse you just quoted was a prophecy about Jesus Christ. He was speaking in the PERSON of Jesus Christ. Before Jesus Christ came, there was NO "begotten" or "only-begotten" son. When Jesus was on Earth, he was the only begotten. And now that he has died and risen again to reconcile us to God, we are Sons as well, on the same level, on the same scale as Jesus Christ. If you need references to the above statements I will provide them.

I think you need to do some more research before you start arguing in your proud ignorance. By the way, I have a Qu'ran and I know of many seeming inconsistencies there, but I do not argue over them blindly. I seek understanding from those who live by the Qu'ran before I make misjudged criticisms.

And I can see that you have deviated from the thread's purpose.

@Davidylan: Dont mind them. The so-called religion of peace, yet is popularly known for being one of the most, if not the most, violent worldwide. Sneeze about Islam and they will gut you by the throat. But everyone can talk nonsense about Christians, Christianity, the Bible and my God. I thank him for all His patience, soon everything will be wrapped up.

@Horus: You are taking my statement out of context, from a depraved perspective. Get a life, Get THE life.
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Abuzola(m): 2:46am On Nov 10, 2009
You are a disgrace to ur church and to urself, how can jesus be the only son when david was a begotten son, ur arguement is baseless because david came before jesus, that means it was jesus who lied or rather paul.
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 10, 2009
Abuzola:

You are a disgrace to your church and to urself, how can jesus be the only son when david was a begotten son, your arguement is baseless because david came before jesus, that means it was jesus who lied or rather paul.

This just makes you sound stupid. The bible regards every christian as a CHILD OF GOD . . . were we born by a special mother?
Re: BIBLE "AN EPIDEMIC" by mavenbox: 3:28am On Nov 10, 2009
@Abuzola: Are u this dull and idiotic or you are just making an extra effort? I just explained that what you read about David was not talking about him, that was a prophecy about Jesus, it wasnt talking about David even though he uses the Word "I", it does not refer to him. And then, like davidylan said correctlt, after Jesus died for us and we ACCEPTED his salvation, we became members of God's Family.

P.S. Why do u keep referring to the word "ONLY"? The only place where it is written that Christ was God's ONLY begotten son was in John 3:16, and it was TRUE at the time, Jesus was the ONLY begotten son at the time but when he died we all became sons as well. Either you read all I have said carefully, or you can walk in to the nearest church and ask the pastor, he will be glad to answer your questions.

Unlike a Christian walking into a mosque to ask questions, the Pastor will actually be glad to oblige.

@Davidylan: I doubt that Abuzola is reading anything Im explaining, otherwise he's just blind to it because I have explained as logically and procedurally as possible without bothering him with many quotations and doctrine. Yet he doesnt get it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Realy Commit Adultery? / Ogboni Society, All You Need To Know / The Liberation Of Makkah (paran) By 10,000 Muslims In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.