Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? (4653 Views)

Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2016

I have always wanted to ask this, hence I don't know where to start from but anyways let me ask it anyhow and see who's gonna contribute and pls I don't need children commenting on my thread. Very experienced fellows who can add sense to the IT industry, that's what matters now.

Are there Pen testers in Nigeria?

I've always been looking forward to having a whatsapp group chat where hackers (white hat) and pen testers would meet, share ideas like you know how hackforums.net and other security forums work. As we know the only way to protect your computer is to hack it. Only I laugh when I see some skids doing copy and paste work and some who don't even know anything, just trying to feel among would want to comment as well.

This has to stop. We need to start giving and sharing ideas to Nigerians as we are ranked number 16 most vulnerable country to cyber attacks. Guys I'd like us to come together and share ideas, what you know I know somethings, and I'd like to meet someone who knows as well. So pls if you are capable, let's see you.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by guru01(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2016
You are welcome
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by FincoApps(m): 12:20am On Nov 29, 2016
Whytelyon:

I have always wanted to ask this, hence I don't know where to start from but anyways let me ask it anyhow and see who's gonna contribute and pls I don't need children commenting on my thread. Very experienced fellows who can add sense to the IT industry, that's what matters now.

I've always been looking forward to having a whatsapp group chat where hackers (white hat) and pen testers would meet, share ideas like you know how hackforums.net and other security forums work. As we know the only way to protect your computer is to hack it. Only I laugh when I see some skids doing copy and paste work and some who don't even know anything, just trying to feel among would want to comment as well.

This has to stop. We need to start giving and sharing ideas to Nigerians as we are ranked number 16 most vulnerable country to cyber attacks. Guys I'd like us to come together and share ideas, what you know I know somethings, and I'd like to meet someone who knows as well. So pls if you are capable, let's see you.

I'll love to contact you. How can I ?
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2016

I don't know if this is allowed here. I'd paste several website with vulns (vulnerabilities) xss, Lfi, rfi etc.

Is it allowed here.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by funloaded: 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
Have you heard of this guy Ositi**** one of the best pentesters in 9ja..... I have his fb id and number but just keep searching.....
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by guru01(m): 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
Whytelyon:

I don't know if this is allowed here. I'd paste several website with vulns (vulnerabilities) xss, Lfi, rfi etc.

Is it allowed here.
No not allowed.
Use pastebin and share us the link.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
Whytelyon:

whytelon, hello.
i would love to learn how to do pentest also check for website vulnerability. not neccessarily to hack them but just for the knowledge
where can i start from. i already have some basic computer knowledge
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
Admin401:

whytelon, hello.
i would love to learn how to do pentest also check for website vulnerability. not neccessarily to hack them but just for the knowledge
where can i start from. i already have some basic computer knowledge

You should use a vulnerability scanner. Aucentix or nessus or you can even do it manually. And try to exploit it from there.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 01, 2016
Whytelyon:

You should use a vulnerability scanner. Aucentix or nessus or you can even do it manually. And try to exploit it from there.

will the automatic scammer make of lazy? Also how do i know what i.m looking for seems like you are self taught to. Do those scanners work with microsoft or kali ?
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2016
Admin401:

will the automatic scammer make of lazy? Also how do i know what i.m looking for seems like you are self taught to. Do those scanners work with microsoft or kali ?

Of course yes,i am self taught. It's best way to learn. Most teachers won't teach you, cos they absolutely don't know jack grin

I used vega once, doesn't give me what I need. Most times vulnerability scanners mess up, hence what I do I extract this link and see if I can source for url where I can inject a payload.

There are scanners for all OS depending on the use. Kali has its own,but due to recent upgrades, it may seem most of them are out dated.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by nasfem22(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Whytelyon:

Of course yes,i am self taught. It's best way to learn. Most teachers won't teach you, cos they absolutely don't know jack grin

I used vega once, doesn't give me what I need. Most times vulnerability scanners mess up, hence what I do I extract this link and see if I can source for url where I can inject a payload.

There are scanners for all OS depending on the use. Kali has its own,but due to recent upgrades, it may seem most of them are out dated.

bro updates for Kali tools never stopped
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by nasfem22(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
funloaded:
Have you heard of this guy Ositi**** one of the best pentesters in 9ja..... I have his fb id and number but just keep searching.....

please I know who you are talking about and he knows nothing!
FYI : he his not even a Pentester
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
nasfem22:
bro updates for Kali tools never stopped

People use kali 1, people use kali rolling depends on what you use. The kali 1 folks still use don't have updated exploits if I'm lying prove me wrong.

That's what I mean by updated exploit whatever. Hope you understand now.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by kosasly(m): 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
At last I've gotten to Zion. . . I'm 100% interested, I have Kali Linux installed in my system, how do I start (I'm new to pen testing and simply wants to learn). Thanks
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
FincoApps:

I'll love to contact you. How can I ?

Sincerely sorry, I just saw this now. I am always online. Today im learning kernel level programming in C
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
kosasly:
At last I've gotten to Zion. . . I'm 100% interested, I have Kali Linux installed in my system, how do I start (I'm new to pen testing and simply wants to learn). Thanks

You have Kali Rolling?

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by kosasly(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Whytelyon:

You have Kali Rolling?

Yeah! A friend of mine said I should exit windows and install Kali Linux 2.0 last year and I did, but he is not in Nigeria anymore. Now the system is just useless with the OS.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
kosasly:

Yeah! A friend of mine said I should exit windows and install Kali Linux 2.0 last year and I did, but he is not in Nigeria anymore. Now the system is just useless with the OS.

You should have installed it on guest OS (Virtualbox) but it's a good idea as most times with kali (if you know what you doing) you can stay stealth.

And besides some exploits are not basically done using pentest tools. Most times manual method or social engineering is way to go.

1 Like

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Emmach10(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hy. Am a programmer but so interested in pen testing. Can you help?
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by FincoApps(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Whytelyon:

Sincerely sorry, I just saw this now. I am always online. Today im learning kernel level programming in C

LoL, I con dey wonder.

I'll send you a PM
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by FincoApps(m): 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
I'll prefer we focus more on hacking here. I feel pentesting is just half of it and no company deserves free pentesting.

So let the hackers come out
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 02, 2016
grin grin grin Kids undecided undecided smh cry
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 4:50am On Dec 02, 2016
Averted:
grin grin grin Kids undecided undecided smh cry

These posts are one of the useless posts I remember I said I never wanted to see. I am yet to see what you "grownup" can offer when the only thing you know on pen testing and programming is "hello world "

Show us what you know and stop things like this very irritating over sabi you do on here. I haven't even seen you contribute any meaningful post or anything to programming section, just one nonsense after the other, write "kids" and what not.

Each time I come here I have something to show, what can you show,show and stop proving you know it all. Mxm
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 4:59am On Dec 02, 2016
Emmach10:
Hy. Am a programmer but so interested in pen testing. Can you help?

That happens to be type of pen testing you wonna learn. I am currently working on a project that has to deal with a more difficult form of pen testing.

As you understand the world gets more vulnerable by the day, the more the security, the more the hackers tend to create loopholes to savour themselves and gain access.

That aside, I'm working on a kernel level rootkit (bootkit) something like carberp. The only difference is I'm going to be using SSDT (system service descriptor table) hooking method and try to also use DKOM (direct kernel object manipulation) to conceal the dll. Just to demonstrate how win32 API can be done from kernel level and not user level. This may seem hard for you,but with understanding of C, it should be piece of cake. It's just driver (kernel level driver) and loader technique etc, method used by anti viruses and big companies, that's all.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 5:06am On Dec 02, 2016
FincoApps:

LoL, I con dey wonder.

I'll send you a PM

No problem. I'm definitely going to reply your email.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 5:10am On Dec 02, 2016
FincoApps:
I'll prefer we focus more on hacking here. I feel pentesting is just half of it and no company deserves free pentesting.

So let the hackers come out

Hacking is a general term people who they feel are addicted to PC's use. "I am a hacker" when they cannot even scratch emails from Google grin

To be a very good hacker,you must be a good programmer as well. You have idea of Reverse engineering using tools like ollydbg and .net reflector?

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by raynold(m): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2016
a really nice thread, i have been looking for pen testers in Nigeria. gave up the search a while ago.. had some questions then.. can we connect @whytelyon.

using fedora as os with kali 2(latest update) on virtual box.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by raynold(m): 7:48am On Dec 02, 2016
Whytelyon:

You should have installed it on guest OS (Virtualbox) but it's a good idea as most times with kali (if you know what you doing) you can stay stealth.

And besides some exploits are not basically done using pentest tools. Most times manual method or social engineering is way to go.

kali should always be on a virtual machine. its not all to stable..
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 8:12am On Dec 02, 2016
raynold:

kali should always be on a virtual machine. its not all to stable..

Exactly my point. I don't see a difference with what I said earlier. Only most of them use tools with big names to feel among, that's the worry with Nigerians and the programmers we have here.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by raynold(m): 8:40am On Dec 02, 2016
Whytelyon:

Exactly my point. I don't see a difference with what I said earlier. Only most of them use tools with big names to feel among, that's the worry with Nigerians and the programmers we have here.
Lol. yeah. i use kali cos most tools are already installed.. i had to give up the whole pen testing dream, due to lack of fellow pen testers..glad to meet you.

how can we communicate.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by D34lw4p(m): 8:46am On Dec 02, 2016
Whytelyon:

Is it allowed here.

its allowed at: www.nct.com.ng join me there.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by FincoApps(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
Whytelyon:

Hacking is a general term people who they feel are addicted to PC's use. "I am a hacker" when they cannot even scratch emails from Google grin

To be a very good hacker,you must be a good programmer as well. You have idea of Reverse engineering using tools like ollydbg and .net reflector?

Web App Hacking.....

Are you a Nigerian ? Cause I've never seen a Nigerian Reverse Engineer. Firmware hacking is what I really wanna go into, I wonder if you ever considered that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full-stack Developer - Full-time / Semalt Shares A Guide To Blocking And Removing Google Analytics Spam / QUIZ: How Many Lines Of Code Can You Use To Reverse A List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.