Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say (42835 Views)

See One Record Of Ronaldo That Messi Cannot Break Untill He Retires / ‘ronaldo Does Things That Messi Doesn’t’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 01, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Abi na see Messi playing with the Almighty Roberto,Alba,Pique,Busquet,Rakitic etc, while CR is playing with shitty, uber useless players like Ramos, Marcelo ,Pepe ,Modric and Kroos etc, and the most expensive squad in football history, they are just expensive for nothing, Useless players.

No wonder since CR arrived that very easy league called la liga, he has won only one Liga title whereas Messi has won five.

We all saw how CR won the UCL and league with Sporting, and how Man u crashed after CR left them, Man u making the CL final 2011, one season after he left, shows that Man u without CR was a very shitty team.

Cr7 won league and UCL with sporting? Man U won the EPL twice after Cr7 and even made it to 2011 finals. And Kroos, Modric, etc are shitty? Guy u don't watch football jare! That entirely summarizes how serious your argument is. Typical Ronaldo fans
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by TeleboiZ005(m): 11:47am On Dec 01, 2016
Franchise21:
U see!! I got it. In fact, double seff... U're IBO n u reside in Ibibio land grin
Oron is not ibibio o.....
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by lovely17(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
gbeseun:
Let messi come.and try other leagues and know say Rinaldo na im papa,pogba and IBRA are singing a new song now cos they are playing in a strange land.

Just look atew when Messi faces English oppositions do you know what always happens ask Arsenal or man city fans if he can do that to English elites what would happen to Stoke and the rest Messi is far superior
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by lovely17(m): 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:
Statistics doesn't lie.

Ronaldo for Ballon D'or.

And not the fraudstar that disappear all throughout Copa America final, reappear in 120th minutes and was given a penalty to redeem is already soiled Image and he decided to send it on errand to Mars.

Choi I wanted to cuss you but I ll chill out disappeared throughout? Did Penaldo play shit in the Euros final he was credited for?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by lovely17(m): 12:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
DrayZee:
Ronaldo needed a cup with Portugal. Despite all odds against him, he persevered and took his Portugal to glory.

Messi needed a cup with Argentina. Instead of him to struggle and get it, he decided to pull out of international football entirely...

Messi CANNOT survive outside Barcelona. He basically grew up there and had world class players handed to him.

Ronaldo fought his way to the top and became the best player in the world.

The Euros Ronaldo won he made any Effort in the final?

Mtchew rubbish
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Franchise21(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
Oron is not ibibio o.....
Ibibio is the major ethnic group in Akwa Ibom
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
lovely17:

Choi I wanted to cuss you but I ll chill out disappeared throughout? Did Penaldo play shit in the Euros final he was credited for?

He scored two goals against Hungary that took portugal to quarter final.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by pstnicodemus(m): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
Frankaka8:
Nani, renato sanchez, andre gomez, Quaresma, pepe, are not world class players? Dream on. Messi got to the final of Worldcup, and won MVP is still better dan gettin to euro final and winning it tho. After all messi has olympics gold, u20 trophy tooo. I still pick the little wizard.
bro, you funny o.
you call Nani, Andre Gomez, Renato Sanchez Quaresma world class?
I can't believe u just said that.
let me give you example of world class, Ronaldo and Messi are completely out cos those guys are from a different planet.
Aguero, Di Maria, Muller, Lewandoski, Neymar, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta,
these are world class man
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Frankaka8(m): 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
pstnicodemus:

bro, you funny o.
you call Nani, Andre Gomez, Renato Sanchez Quaresma world class?
I can't believe u just said that.
let me give you example of world class, Ronaldo and Messi are completely out cos those guys are from a different planet.
Aguero, Di Maria, Muller, Lewandoski, Neymar, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta,
these are world class man
how is aguero and di maria world class players, if nani, sanchez, pepe aren't world class?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by hrmajesty: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ur brain is buried.
Who is better n U talking about swag.
Na Cheap data fault

bankyblue:
CR7 is far better my people

everything is not football.....................cr7 get swag, on and of the pitch
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Kingdanitez97:
Ask a Ronaldo fan y dey think Ronaldo is better, they would start giving trash abt Ronaldo playing in different Leagues.. Which doesn't count at all, for me the only thing Ronaldo has over Messi is the euro he's won with his country. Bt Messi is by far the better player, if the likes of mourinho, Rooney, di Maria, zlatan, lampard, Paul Scholes, Raul, balotteli says Messi is the best I wonder what makes you think ur opinions still count.. The only people who claim Ronaldo is better are his team mates, or friends.. Even mesut oil while playing in Madrid once said he'd like to be like Messi.. Iker Casillas says Messi is the best.. Mario gotze said he would like to be like Ronaldo cos being like Messi is impossible

Bros, I concurred with everything you wrote except the highlighted.

Fact is: Portugal won the Euro INSPITE of Ronaldo and not because of him. And the fact that they won the trophy without Ronaldo speaks volumes. Portugal plays better without Ronaldo, same with Real Madrid. The only thing Ronaldo does in the game is to watch for scoring opportunities. He rarely tracks back to help his team mates defensively. And if he another player scores, he would start throwing fits. I have never seen a more selfish player in my whole life!
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
komonibo:
lol e Don vex

Bros nothing boils my blood that these silly argument on Messi vs Ronaldo. It isn't even close. gosh, it's not even a contest.

Here are what some of the legends of the game had said on that comparison:

"I never saw Messi off-form. To talk about him people should stand up first. He is unique. There can be replicas of some players, like Cristiano for example. The Portuguese is good, very good, but Messi is simply the best." Ronald de Boer

"Messi is the definition of football" -syredeathtrooper

"With Messi, tactics are optional"-elduderino

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
miketayo:

U are so quick to call someone retard on a mere argument nd u haven't checked urself.
So because Yaya and sanchez r doing well in epl means messi ll?? And u called ppl retards seriously. FYI Jordan finished his career with d wizards not bulls and I can mention 10 ballers better than Kobe, Kobe was even one of the worst players in his last 2 years.
Not all great players can adapt to new teams.

Listen, I live in Washington, DC when Jordan came to play for the Wizards and he himself would tell you that his career started and ended with Chicago Bulls. I used to visit his restaurant all the time and I have heard him made that assertion more than once.

His Wizards career, to him and to everyone who follows Basketball, was a footnote.

Got it
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by enigmaticmotik(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Icon79:

Yeah, Messi cannot play in the EPL. Just look at what Messi's bench warmers (Yaya Toure, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro etc.) are doing in the EPL....at least, that would tell you that Messi cannot play in the EPL. Bizarre people!!

And by the way, while at it, we should refuse to rate Mikel Jordan and Kobe Bryant as good Basketball players because they ended their careers with one team. Some of you guys are just pure retards angry

That Yaya that you called a benchwarmers can oust any of your midfield player (excluding Iniesta) from their positions. Pedro got into the team because of Willian's mother death... He will soon go back to his best position (bench).

So because Lecester are doing well in UCL does that make them a power house EPL Wise up bro Champions League is diff compared to EPL (ask Liverpool- years back doing well in UCL but only struggles in the league).
Also look at it dis way, can u say because Chelsea beats Barcelona soooo Chelsea can also beat every team barca can beats
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by enigmaticmotik(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
olusledge:
messi has scored more goals against english teams than anyother teams he has faced in the champions league ...brother no talk for that one ,find another thing talk

Lecester are doing well in UCL does that make them a power house EPL Wise up bro Champions League is diff compared to EPL (ask Liverpool- years back doing well in UCL but only struggles in the league).
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
LaExpert:

What has Sanchez and Pedro won since they got to the EPL?

Compare it to what Messi has won since they left.

Do you guys even understand that football is a TEAM sport? You need 10 other guys to win. No one has ever done it by himself, because it isn't a solo sport. Hence, I always laugh when I hear some morons argue that Messi isn't the best because he hasn't won a championship with Argentina. For Argentina to win, the other guys have to step up not just Messi. Sergio Aguero needs to start playing well for Argentina. Angel Di Maria needs to quit getting injury at crucial times for Argentina. And I can go on and on....

And in addition, do you guys even understand how dysfunctional the Argentine FA is? They are worse than Nigeria's NFF - much worse! Nobody can win anything with that FA. Even the best coaches: Mauricio Pochettino, Diego Simeone, etc. all refused to have anything to do with them.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
enigmaticmotik:

That Yaya that you called a benchwarmers can oust any of your midfield player (excluding Iniesta) from their positions. Pedro got into the team because of Willian's mother death... He will soon go back to his best position (bench).

So because Lecester are doing well in UCL does that make them a power house EPL Wise up bro Champions League is diff compared to EPL (ask Liverpool- years back doing well in UCL but only struggles in the league).
Also look at it dis way, can u say because Chelsea beats Barcelona soooo Chelsea can also beat every team barca can beats

What's your point
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
Edgar Davids: Messi is an anomaly but Ronaldo just an athlete

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/davids-messi-anomaly-ronaldo-just-135713122.html
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by enigmaticmotik(m): 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
KevinDein:
Only Madrid, man utd, Portuguese and some Chelsea fans cum Barca haters will say Ronaldo is any where close to Messi. The rest of the unbias world who are largely neutrals know Messi is miles better than Ronaldo.

In all honesty these two should not even be compared.
Messi is mentioned alongside maradonna, Pele while Ronaldo should be compared with the likes of Neymar, Suarez etc no offence

Y shld Chelsea fans hate messi Is it because of the numerous goals he has scored against us I tire ooo... Sum Chelsea fans like him while sum don't, stop making a big deal out of it
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by enigmaticmotik(m): 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
This argument can go on and on and on... D truth tho is dat they are both good and highly valued players both by their teams and supporters equally tongue So this discussion is a never ending one anddddd @ dis junction I REST MY CASE grin grin grin Gat tins 2 du
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ukandi1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
dacovajnr:
Trophy Wise Eto is better than 2 of em

Well that's not true. Rinaldo won everything at club level with man u and real Madrid, messi with Barcelona and Eto o with Barcelona and then champions league wit inter in addition. Ronaldo and Messi are FIFA balon d or winners, Eto o has never come close. In fact, its an insult to Messi and Ronaldo to mention Eto o along with them...

My opinion
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by DrayZee: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
lovely17:

The Euros Ronaldo won he made any Effort in the final?

Mtchew rubbish
Yes he did. How many men have you seen with a recently dislocated patella that still stand up, and go through all that pain, just to do something good for their country?
No one expected him to even walk after that injury.
Even in injury after leaving the pitch, he still stood trying to motivate his teammates.

Abeg go siddon. Dey hate person because Im pass your god.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by enigmaticmotik(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Icon79:

What's your point

Don't answer 2u... It's obvious u're ready 4 an argument grin cheesy grin Signing out
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by bankyblue(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
hrmajesty:
Ur brain is buried.
Who is better n U talking about swag.
Na Cheap data fault

I no get ur time but take

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
enigmaticmotik:

Don't answer 2u... It's obvious u're ready 4 an argument grin cheesy grin Signing out

smiley cheesy grin
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LaExpert: 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Icon79:

Do you guys even understand that football is a TEAM sport? You need 10 other guys to win. No one has ever done it by himself, because it isn't a solo sport. Hence, I always laugh when I hear some morons argue that Messi isn't the best because he hasn't won a championship with Argentina. For Argentina to win, the other guys have to step up not just Messi. Sergio Aguero needs to start playing well for Argentina. Angel Di Maria needs to quit getting injury at crucial times for Argentina. And I can go on and on....

And in addition, do you guys even understand how dysfunctional the Argentine FA is? They are worse than Nigeria's NFF - much worse! Nobody can win anything with that FA. Even the best coaches: Mauricio Pochettino, Diego Simeone, etc. all refused to have anything to do with them.

Are you saying the league doesn't matter?

or that Argentina don't have good enough players?
What exactly is your point?

Most people are of the opinion that Messi is a great player but the league and team he is makes it easier for him...just like Ronaldo too. The only difference is that Ronaldo has played in other leagues and was still able to receive many accolades, Messi may not be able to replicate such if he played in other leagues. Suarez seems better because he's now playing in Barcelona, he wasn't this outstanding when he was at Liverpool, likewise Bale, Modric, Neymar (from Santos) etc
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
And by the way, those of you asking Messi to go and play for another club before you can rate him are mildly delusional. Why would he want to play for another club side when he's already playing for the BEST football club in the world?

It's like asking the BEST Harvard or Oxford University student to go and attend UNILAG before you can rate him as a good student. Now, can you all see how ridiculous that argument sounds

I definitely hope so cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
LaExpert:

Are you saying the league doesn't matter?

or that Argentina don't have good enough players?
What exactly is your point?

Most people are of the opinion that Messi is a great player but the league and team he is makes it easier for him...just like Ronaldo too. The only difference is that Ronaldo has played in other leagues and was still able to receive many accolades, Messi may not be able to replicate such if he played in other leagues. Suarez seems better because he's now playing in Barcelona, he wasn't this outstanding when he was at Liverpool, likewise Bale, Modric, Neymar (from Santos) etc

No, that's not my point at all. Argentina has good players but most of them don't play well for Argentina. I don't know how long you've been following the Argies national team but, if you do, you'd realize that super stars like Sergio Aguero and Angel DiMaria rarely ever play well for the national team. Di Maria, in particular, tends to get injuries during crucial times for Argentina. Hence, Messi cannot do it by himself - nobody can, OK?

Secondly, to perform well as a team, you need structure and organization. The Argies cannot win any major tournament, even if they have 10 Messi's playing for them, until they can fix their dysfunctional FA. As regards to Messi going to play for another team, read my previous post.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LaExpert: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Icon79:

No, that's not my point at all. Argentina has good players but most of them don't play well for Argentina. I don't know how long you've been following the Argies national team but, if you do, you'd realize that super stars like Sergio Aguero and Angel DiMaria rarely ever play well for the national team. Di Maria, in particular, tends to get injuries during crucial times for Argentina. Hence, Messi cannot do it by himself - nobody can, OK?

Secondly, to perform well as a team, you need structure and organization. The Argies cannot win any major tournament, even if they have 10 Messi's playing for them, until they can fix their dysfunctional FA. As regards to Messi going to play for another team, read my previous post.

I disagree with the bolded part, I believe most unbiased people also do.

Argentina cannot possibly get to the final of three major tournaments in three years if the players don't play well. They are only unlucky not to have won any of them.

As regards the Argentine FA, it is of little relevance to this discourse.

I still maintain that Messi may not be as good as he at Barcelona (or may not win trophies like he is doing at Barcelona) if he were to play for another club (especially in the EPL). Until he does that, most people won't agree he's better than Ronaldo.

In my own opinion, I really can't say who's better, I can only say who I prefer or who I'll rather have in my team (as a coach).
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by daviddagreat: 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
can't wait for ronaldo to score this weekend against barca just so I cud see him do the "calm down" or "we are here" celebrations. so awesome.

don't care wat all these messi boys say

Ronaldo is the complete package its dat simple
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by dacovajnr: 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
ukandi1:

Well that's not true. Rinaldo won everything at club level with man u and real Madrid, messi with Barcelona and Eto o with Barcelona and then champions league wit inter in addition. Ronaldo and Messi are FIFA balon d or winners, Eto o has never come close. In fact, its an insult to Messi and Ronaldo to mention Eto o along with them...

My opinion
Well you need to check the Record.Eto has won everything at both club and international level While Ronaldo only won his first Trophy @ international level this year while Messi hasn't won any @ international Level and all the Trophies he has so far wre won at his present club While Eto Won at 3 clubs..i stand to be corrected...here is a link for you Sire https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Eto'o
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by DrayZee: 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
pstnicodemus:

for this your picture ehn, I have a beautiful sister somewhere, just bring your village people when you ready
Lol. Ok
Will do grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Amazing Super Eagles Jersey created by Nairalander for BRAZIL 2014 / Obafemi Martins Celebrates Son, Ken On His Birthday / Barcelona Ranked World's Richest Football Club In 2021 (Full Rankings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.