Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say (42843 Views)

See One Record Of Ronaldo That Messi Cannot Break Untill He Retires / ‘ronaldo Does Things That Messi Doesn’t’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Icon79(m): 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
LaExpert:

I disagree with the bolded part, I believe most unbiased people also do.

Argentina cannot possibly get to the final of three major tournaments in three years if the players don't play well. They are only unlucky not to have won any of them.

As regards the Argentine FA, it is of little relevance to this discourse.

I still maintain that Messi may not be as good as he at Barcelona (or may not win trophies like he is doing at Barcelona) if he were to play for another club (especially in the EPL). Until he does that, most people won't agree he's better than Ronaldo.

In my own opinion, I really can't say who's better, I can only say who I prefer or who I'll rather have in my team (as a coach).

LOL. How can you disagree? Those were facts not opinions. You can't argue with facts.

Fact: During the last world cup, Angel Di Maria got injured before the quarter finals and was ruled out of the tournament.
Fact: During the last Copa America, Angel Di Maria got injured again and missed most of the games.
Fact: In Manchester United, Sergio Aguero is a world class player but when it comes to Argentina he's not even good enough to start for the national team. He wasn't starting during the Tarto Martino time and doesn't start with the present coach either.

As concerns to Messi playing for an EPL team to validate his status. That's a silly argument. First of all, anybody that knows anything about soccer know that La Liga is now the best league in the world. Just google the last ten winners (and the finalists) of the UEFA Champions Cup and the Europa Cup, then may be you can understand what I am saying. The best players play in La Liga and the top 3 La Liga teams would win the league anywhere in Europe. Even Jose Mourinho himself said that, if any team comes to La Liga they would be competing for the 3rd place.

As regards to the Argentine FA's dysfunction not being relevant to the discussion, well, I would assume that you've not played any organized sports in your life. You wouldn't have made such an ill informed statement if you had.

O pari

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LaExpert: 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
Icon79:

LOL. How can you disagree? Those were facts not opinions. You can't argue with facts.

Fact: During the last world cup, Angel Di Maria got injured before the quarter finals and was ruled out of the tournament.
Fact: During the last Copa America, Angel Di Maria got injured again and missed most of the games.

As concerns to Messi playing for an EPL team to validate his status. That's a silly argument. First of all, anybody that knows anything about soccer know that La Liga is now the best league in the world. Just google the last ten winners (and the finalists) of the UEFA Champions Cup and the Europa Cup, then may be you can understand what I am saying. The best players play in La Liga and the top 3 La Liga teams would win the league anywhere in Europe. Even Jose Mourinho himself said that, if any team comes to La Liga they would be competing for the 3rd place.

As regards to the Argentine FA's dysfunction not being relevant to the discussion, well, I would assume that you've not played any organized sports in your life. You wouldn't have made such an ill informed statement if you had.

O pari

Read what I disagreed with (the bolded part of your last post) also read my reason. You typed off point. What I disagreed with was your personal opinion.

I restate that if the Argentine team aren't playing well, they won't get to three major finals in three years. No unbiased person will dispute this.

Don't just argue because you're a fan of one player.

As regards the Argentine FA, it isn't relevant here. You may assume all you want.

As for the bold, you're corroborating my point. I stated that if Messi were to be in a 'lower league' like the EPL he may not win trophies and awards. Neymar was only able to get into the FIFA final three cos he plays at Barcelona. He couldn't get such at Santos. Bale and Modric were only able to win trophies because they moved to Real.

Icon79:

Fact: In Manchester United city, Sergio Aguero is a world class player but when it comes to Argentina he's not even good enough to start for the national team. He wasn't starting during the Tarto Martino time and doesn't start with the present coach either.

This really made me laugh.
Argentina has too many good forwards, all of them cannot start, besides he was only benched in one match which he later came on...he started the next game.

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by giwish(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
messi fans wil always support him while ronaldo fans wil do d same.....and for tha guy sayn nani,renato sanchez are world class players,do u know the meaning of world class at all?
messi plays to entertain
ronaldo plays to inspire
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Oblak(m): 12:06am On Dec 02, 2016
olusledge:
messi has scored more goals against english teams than anyother teams he has faced in the champions league ...brother no talk for that one ,find another thing talk
There's a difference between playing against an English team and playing in an English team.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by miketayo(m): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2016
Icon79:

Listen, I live in Washington, DC when Jordan came to play for the Wizards and he himself would tell you that his career started and ended with Chicago Bulls. I used to visit his restaurant all the time and I have heard him made that assertion more than once.

His Wizards career, to him and to everyone who follows Basketball, was a footnote.

Got it

did he sign with d wizards or not? he got paid which he donated and his stats were added to his bulls stats weren't they? living in Washington doesnt make u ryt.. i dont care if Jordan was ur neighbor or elder bro.. the fact remains he ended his career with the wizards.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by olusledge: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
Oblak:

There's a difference between playing against an English team and playing in an English team.
correct yourself bro...at least he played the best the league has to offer
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Oblak(m): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
olusledge:
correct yourself bro...at least he played the best the league has to offer
How come? Have you not seen that they hardly impress without him? Without them he is nothing. Without him they are nothing. But that is not so for Cr7
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ukandi1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
dacovajnr:
Well you need to check the Record.Eto has won everything at both club and international level While Ronaldo only won his first Trophy @ international level this year while Messi hasn't won any @ international Level and all the Trophies he has so far wre won at his present club While Eto Won at 3 clubs..i stand to be corrected...here is a link for you Sire https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Eto'o

Has Eto o won balon'd or ?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by dacovajnr: 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
ukandi1:

Stop going off point..i had said "Trophy Wise" and when did ballon'd or become a Trophy? undecided
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by dacovajnr: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
ukandi1:

Stop going off point..i had said "Trophy Wise" and when did ballon'd or become a Trophy? undecided
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Tchalz(m): 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
Shikena:

Pele won the world cup 3 times and also won Copa America. Maldini won the world cup. C Ronaldo won the Euro. If Messi won't venture out of comfortable Barca then he will have to stop choking at the national team level to stake a valid claim.
I thought you'd say he won the world cup..In a competition he was completely dormant! A Lionel Messi will always prove his mettle even if he loses in the finals.
You shouldn't forget that Messi has two trophies Ronaldo cannot lay hands on ever...
As for the Copa America, Messi still has time
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
Uchezuruki:
angry what's with you hmm ? Of all topics, you had to create this controversial one right? Do you know how many people are dead and their killers' in jail because of this topic from hell...huh?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy bro d the vex oo
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
solasoulmusic:

Honestly its a tough one but one of the strongest assets any player can have is temperament so I have to give it to Ronaldo because he is not immature both on and off the field even when they took him out purposely at the world cup he rallied his team from the sidelines

My people your greatest moment can't be when the chips are down how you act is the difference
you are absolutely right... My pick is Ronaldo as well... And also the way he has change his game in recent years.. Knowing that what matters is the end product and not always tricks and flair

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
fanacy:
you are absolutely right... My pick is Ronaldo as well... And also the way he has change his game in recent years.. Knowing that what matters is the end product and not always tricks and flair

Yes I agree
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Laveda(f): 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
gbeseun:
Let messi come.and try other leagues and know say Rinaldo na im papa,pogba and IBRA are singing a new song now cos they are playing in a strange land.

Exactly my thought.. Ronaldo has played for different leagues and teams, and he's been shining..

They are both good, but I think I'd pick Ronaldo... Messi needs to step out a bit too.

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
Laveda:

Exactly my thought.. Ronaldo has played for different leagues and teams, and he's been shining..

They are both good, but I think I'd pick Ronaldo... Messi needs to step out a bit too.
Lol. You dey watch ball too? cheesy
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Laveda(f): 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
juhan:
Lol. You dey watch ball too? cheesy

cheesy Yes babe.. Its fun.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
Laveda:

cheesy Yes babe.. Its fun.
True grin
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by hrmajesty: 11:03am On Dec 05, 2016
Loool..
I can't laugh guy

bankyblue:

I no get ur time but take

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Na tete they dey play for english league?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by dicksj93: 10:42am On Dec 06, 2016
I wonder how these biased minded fans watch the game of football...messi shud goto an english and prove his worth cuz ronaldo came to spanish team and is scoring tap ins and penalties.......FYI ronaldo went from man u to madrid...thats a step higher....a step he needed to compete with messi.....he sure would be long gone had he remain in england......now how is it fair that messi take a step down to joinin an english team from barca..!
Messi has world class players around him at barca? ...please compare those players to the players playing around ronaldo at madrid....

Stop being biased

If u really love soccer...then u wil love messi over ronaldo
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by franugo(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:

Cr7 won league and UCL with sporting? Man U won the EPL twice after Cr7 and even made it to 2011 finals. And Kroos, Modric, etc are shitty? Guy u don't watch football jare! That entirely summarizes how serious your argument is. Typical Ronaldo fans

your dullness no be here oshocked
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by giwish(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2016
grin
dicksj93:
I wonder how these biased minded fans watch the game of football...messi shud goto an english and prove his worth cuz ronaldo came to spanish team and is scoring tap ins and penalties.......FYI ronaldo went from man u to madrid...thats a step higher....a step he needed to compete with messi.....he sure would be long gone had he remain in england......now how is it fair that messi take a step down to joinin an english team from barca..!
Messi has world class players around him at barca? ...please compare those players to the players playing around ronaldo at madrid....

Stop being biased

dicksj93:

Stop being biased

dicksj93:

Stop being biased

receive sense....so benzema good pass suarez,modric good pas iniesta,vazquez good pass neymar
am sure na nickledeon u dey watch ur own football

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by olayemite(m): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2017
ericmor:

Senior level of football is the most prestigious of all the cadres of football... If all football greats like Pele, Maradona, Cryoff, Zidane, Ronaldo Nazario etc were presenting as success in their various national teams are Olympic medals, which isn't a fifa (the highest recognisable authorithy in football) tournament and under aged tournaments like U20 world cup without any major success at senior level, they won't be referred to as great. Do you know what it means not win any tournament with senior national team? Go and ask Lionel Messi and he will tell you how important it is for a great player of his caliber to win and also why he cried profusely and announced his untimely retirement from the national team.
To answer your question whether i know what i said or not, i will want you answer if football event in Olympics is a fifa tournament or not?, Is fifa under 20 world cup won by Lionel Messi as prestigious as Euro won by Cristiano Ronaldo?
Olympic is no football and as well as the junior world cup? But u said everything ronaldo has messi don't have. Do u even know wat u are saying at all
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by olayemite(m): 9:33am On Jun 17, 2017
ddippset:
so which one is a bigger feat? winning the euros or getting to the world cup final?

So in your own thinking you think getting to world cup final is a bigger feat than winning the Euro (A continental championship)? Why do you allow your sense of sentiment to becloud your sense of reasoning?

If i may ask you, who's the second person to land on space? I'm sure you know who the first person is. The lesson from the question i asked you is that nobody remembers who come but first in this case champion.... Messi is great as much as Ronaldo just accept the fact that Ronaldo has done what Messi hasn't, or as some people would say "couldn't" even though i'm not a subscriber of this statement, do with his senior national team.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by olayemite(m): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2017
foladara777:

The only thing of note ronaldo has achieved with his national team is euros and he was not even on the pitch, he had two good games out of 7, crediting ronaldo with the triumph is folly when pepe was even more consistent...
Messi has one golden balls at u-20, copa America and d world cup... Those are individual awards not team titles that are won by a team... And even if we are talking yen titles, Messi has won ten more titles then ronaldo despite being two years younger

Whether he played well in two of the seven games at the last Euros doesn't still erase the fact that he has a title with his national team and Messi doesn't has. I acknowledge the brilliance of Messi and all he has done but i'm pretty sure he, Messi, knows the importance of winning titles with the senior national team to cement the status of being the best player in football history. Little wondered why he cried profusely and announced his untimely retirement from the Argentinian national team, Albeceleste, after his team's final loss to Chile. Individually, he has won all needed that to be won but national team he hasn't and it is in this regard that i said Ronaldo has an edge.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 09, 2017
Ronaldo added another Ballon d'or yesteday to make it 5,same as Messi.Can we now say he is as great or Messi,on the same level or better than?Will either of them win it again or will their decline halt it?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by rowbee(m): 2:01am On Dec 09, 2017
Now,most people saying Ronaldo is better are just dumb arseholes who can't think but prefer to quote what others are saying.

For the past three years, Ronaldo has simply been lucky. yes, I said it. They say he scored more goals in UCL. 90% of those goals would have been scored by Asensio, given the chance.

On the pitch, one of these men allows his teammates work and he caps off the effort with a goal. the other works with his team to bring the goals.

One of them was not even in the team when his country won an award. the other was influential to his country reaching three major finals in succession, although, unsuccessful.

Now, before u argue, answer this question truthfully. Stats aside, sentiments aside, on the pitch, who plays better football? if u are truly being honest, there should be only one answer...
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by BYEI(m): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
Messi is a gift from the (footballing) God, u can only compare Ronaldo to Messi based on number of awards, goals and trophies but anything other than that, Messi is the impossible player that makes things possible. He is what football should be. As a Chelsea fan I'm grateful to God for being alive watching Messi played the beautiful game and u all should be grateful too irrespective of the differences.
He is the greatest footballer to ever play the game (quote me in the future) all those side talks na prejudice and bias.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Celebrates Son, Ken On His Birthday / Barcelona Ranked World's Richest Football Club In 2021 (Full Rankings) / Amodu Shuaibu’s Son, Suleman, Dies At 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.