Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say (42910 Views)

See One Record Of Ronaldo That Messi Cannot Break Untill He Retires / ‘ronaldo Does Things That Messi Doesn’t’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by devilson(m): 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
ronaldo has always been a better player than messi,he his more compete than messi

ronaldo is good with heading than mesi
he has more shoot accuracy
ronaldo is a better free kick taker
the old ronaldo when he was In man United is more skillful but messi is a better dribbler.
Goal keepers fear ronaldo more.

ronaldo has won trophy in sporting Lisbon,man United,real Madrid nd Portugal but messi only won In Barcelona.

messi is great but Ronaldo is god

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ukandi1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
KevinDein:
Only Madrid, man utd, Portuguese and some Chelsea fans cum Barca haters will say Ronaldo is any where close to Messi. The rest of the unbias world who are largely neutrals know Messi is miles better than Ronaldo.

In all honesty these two should not even be compared.
Messi is mentioned alongside maradonna, Pele while Ronaldo should be compared with the likes of Neymar, Suarez etc no offence

Solely ur opinion. Obviously many like me disagree intoto. Ronaldo and messi both very excellent players and in a generation of their own. Both are successful in every definition of that word. But both play different kind of football

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Tobium1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
Comparing 2 gods
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ObaKlaz: 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
DrayZee:
Ronaldo needed a cup with Portugal. Despite all odds against him, he persevered and took his Portugal to glory.

Messi needed a cup with Argentina. Instead of him to struggle and get it, he decided to pull out of international football entirely...

Messi CANNOT survive outside Barcelona. He basically grew up there and had world class players handed to him.

Ronaldo fought his way to the top and became the best player in the world.
Wow! Ronaldo 'fought his way to the top'? Peeps like you talk as if Ronaldo played for mediocre teams before joining Real. Did Ronaldo play for Stoke, Burnley, Wigan etc? He played for Man U. and they were damn good under Sir Alex, they even went on to win several titles AFTER RONALDO'S DEPARTURE!
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by babz007(m): 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
can you beat that, christiano ronaldo is the better player and the king of GOALS he has scored in every minute of the game 1min to 90min no player can ever break that record 100 of years to come

5 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by youngice(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Here we go again , a comparison that would have no head or tail, more like the Maradona - Pele debate.
It's just like saying who is the better player today between LeBron James and Steph Curry . There would surely be no clear winner becos all are great potential hall of famers already.
Ronaldo makes people realise that with hardwork and dedication, you can get to the topmost heights
Gbam
Ronaldo is my mentor when it comes to hardwork
Haba the guy is hardworking
Messi is good jo,

3 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by devilson(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
ronaldo has always been a better player than messi,he his more compete than messi

the old ronaldo when he was In man United is more skillful but messi is a better dribbler.

ronaldo has won trophy in sporting Lisbon,man United,real Madrid nd Portugal but messi only won In Barcelona.

God bless c.boy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by dacovajnr: 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
Well for me Ronaldo is better, having played in the Premiership and had a successful Stint @ United and Now at Madrid and still performing..Messi will have to leave Barca for another Club and be successful in order to beat Ronaldo which is not likely to happen coz the guyman doesn't blv he can better His record @ Barca Elsewhere grin cheesy Trophy Wise Eto is better than 2 of em

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LaExpert: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
Icon79:

Yeah, Messi cannot play in the EPL. Just look at what Messi's bench warmers (Yaya Toure, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro etc.) are doing in the EPL....at least, that would tell you that Messi cannot play in the EPL. Bizarre people!!

And by the way, while at it, we should refuse to rate Mikel Jordan and Kobe Bryant as good Basketball players because they ended their careers with one team. Some of you guys are just pure retards angry

What has Sanchez and Pedro won since they got to the EPL?

Compare it to what Messi has won since they left.

3 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by halmeyd(m): 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ator008:
everything messi has ronaldo has won, everything ronaldo has messi hasn't. for me I would give it to ronaldo but that's not talking anything away from messi though. #myOpinion

he hasnt won d olympic,he participated in athens 2004 bt portgal couldnt qualifiy frm a grp dat comprised of iraq,costa rica nd moroco

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by physise(m): 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nope.. Messi is far better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is just a tap in and a proven goal scorer/ better header of the ball than Messi while Messi drops deeps, create chances, dribbles and score goals as well. Messi vision is far more superior than ronaldo. Finally compare both of their stats Messi career goals is not far behind from Ronaldo despite playing more games less

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by seanatist(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
there re 2 Categories of footballer: Messi and the rest...ronaldo is equally good I like his swags...but speaking of soccer Messi is a genius..

4 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ikp120(m): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:

I thing I've observed is most people love Ron cos of his swag and handsomeness. Any sincere person knows Messi is better

That's true... Sometimes I even see some "low lives" in Nigerian leagues playing more "sexy" football Ronaldo, but they just don't score much goals compared to Ronaldo... Ronaldo is a good fighter, which is why he scores much goals... He is full of himself
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
Messi is an all round player - goals , assists , key passes , completed dribbles , completed through balls , free kicks , even heading , good vision and he can intercept passes and launch counter attacks . Messi is a team player and he still the cynosure in every match.

5 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LaExpert: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
This unending comparison.
I think preference will override individual's opinions.

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Chukzyfcb(m): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
I used to argue blindly until I came to this realization

5 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by LorDBolton(m): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
gbeseun:
Let messi come.and try other leagues and know say Rinaldo na im papa,pogba and IBRA are singing a new song now cos they are playing in a strange land.

Forget changing league,
Let messi first win copa america grin

Upon his talented argie squad no trophy

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by orizon(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Brin dis arguments wen messi wins an international trophy, till den save ur mb n stop wastin ur tym arguing wats obvious

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Shikena(m): 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
kutchs:

Pele is considered by many as the GOAT though he played almost with Santos.
Paolo Maldini is considered by many as probably the best defender series A has produced in spite of not changing club from AC Milan.

I find it funny and laughable when Ronaldo and EPL fans say Messi can't do it on a cold wet night in Stoke forgetting that players with lesser technical ability has come from La Liga and dominated EPL.
Messi doesn't have to be a journeyman like Nicolas Anelka or Zlatan Ibrahimovic to be the best. What makes him the best is simple HE IS MESSI.
Pele won the world cup 3 times and also won Copa America. Maldini won the world cup. C Ronaldo won the Euro. If Messi won't venture out of comfortable Barca then he will have to stop choking at the national team level to stake a valid claim.

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by manutdadex(m): 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
allansie:
Both players are very talented in their own ways buh if I am 2 choose,I tink I wil go for Lionel Messi...he's a huge talent...The difference btw d 2 is dat....Ronaldo needs a team to succeed while a team needs Messi to succeed...Am a ManUtd Fan...
then y is he failing on national color? Mumu talk

3 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by PIPPROF(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
fanacy:
Football is a funny game atimes... You will walk up to a viewing centre, you see a grown up man sweating were he'is arguing on one thing or the other about football. And i find out that what they argue most is about messi and Ronaldo who is a better player... Ronaldo fans will go for their man while messi fans will go for messi... There are even funny name they call each player... Like "Penaldo" or "Messhit, Messy " gringringrin So i decided to bring the arguement here

To you..who is the better player among the two ... Hit like For Ronaldo And Share for Messi

people are more likely to click Like than Share

op is a ronaldo fan
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
You're comparing a god with an angel ...is your head paining you ??who's the greatest footballer to have ever played the round ball ?

Messi is

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by manutdadex(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
malton:
“He’s an incredible footballer. The best ever, the best there will ever be. It’s just an absolute pleasure to watch him.” - Steven Gerrard on Messi.

To me, I believe that it's still a miracle how C. Ronaldo managed to win three Ballon d'Ors in an era of Messi.

That guy is the best bar none!

how can u call that miracle... Three times and d fourth one is on d way?

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by duchess02(m): 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
sapiosexual1:

What has he won that CR7 hasn't won? Has he even won any international honours for his country at the senior level?
world cup MVP,5 ballon d'or,shud i continue?
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by legendte(m): 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ator008:
everything messi has ronaldo has won, everything ronaldo has messi hasn't. for me I would give it to ronaldo but that's not talking anything away from messi though. #myOpinion
Under 20 world cup and Olympics
People also tend to forget that Messi is two years younger

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Maj196(m): 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
It's Messi even Ronaldo will succumb
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Seunnzy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
DrayZee:
Ronaldo needed a cup with Portugal. Despite all odds against him, he persevered and took his Portugal to glory.

Messi needed a cup with Argentina. Instead of him to struggle and get it, he decided to pull out of international football entirely...

Messi CANNOT survive outside Barcelona. He basically grew up there and had world class players handed to him.

Ronaldo fought his way to the top and became the best player in the world.
That's the dumbest meme ever go and check ronaldo stats against cech before he left United compared to messi stats against cech and come back here and delete that meme
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ObaKlaz: 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
devilson:

Better shooting accuracy than Messi? Wrong; check their stats regarding that.
Ronaldo more skillful than Messi?? Wrong again! Even if you only watch Ronaldo's matches, I'm sure YouTube can help you out on both of them.
"...More complete than Messi??!" For a guy you and others claim to be so complete, he dives around the pitch like Michael Phelps, while Messi NEVER dives.

3 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by RighteousI: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
THE BEST WAY TO KNOW WHO IS BETTER IS TO COMPARE BOTH OF THEM TO ANOTHER GREAT PLAYER LIKE THIERRY HENRY. WHO IS BETTER, THIERRY HENRY OR RONALDO? AND WHO IS BETTER, THIERRY HENRY OR MESSI?
OF COURSE MESSI IS BETTER THAN THIERRY HENRY BUT I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT RONALDO IS BETTER THAN THIERRY HENRY.
THERE IS NO CONTEST HERE, MESSI IS BETTER.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by miketayo(m): 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
Icon79:

Yeah, Messi cannot play in the EPL. Just look at what Messi's bench warmers (Yaya Toure, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro etc.) are doing in the EPL....at least, that would tell you that Messi cannot play in the EPL. Bizarre people!!

And by the way, while at it, we should refuse to rate Mikel Jordan and Kobe Bryant as good Basketball players because they ended their careers with one team. Some of you guys are just pure retards angry

U are so quick to call someone retard on a mere argument nd u haven't checked urself.
So because Yaya and sanchez r doing well in epl means messi ll?? And u called ppl retards seriously. FYI Jordan finished his career with d wizards not bulls and I can mention 10 ballers better than Kobe, Kobe was even one of the worst players in his last 2 years.
Not all great players can adapt to new teams.

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by CaptEColeJnr: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ronaldo is fantastic.. but Messi is a god..

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Shikena(m): 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
duchess02:
world cup MVP,5 ballon d'or,shud i continue?
Even Messi himself knows his world cup MVP award was a joke grin
Let's stick with titles won and not awards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Gambia: Women's Nations Cup Qualifier - 6 - 0 (Full Time) / Lampard To Become Chelsea’s New Boss / Jude Ighalo Visits His Former Street In Ajegunle, Attends Salami Street Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.