Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing (13022 Views)

The Extrajudicial Killings In Cross River: Before I Become The Dead(photo) / Real Reasons Why Senate Moves Against Osinbajo / INEC Bill: Senate Moves To Amend INEC Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by awuf2008: 8:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Nice one coming from dino melaye.
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
Afraid Nigerians will soon come to their senses and realize that the biggest thieves are not the petty thieves, and then they will divert their attention to the big kahunas of robberies in Abuja.
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by yedidiah(m): 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
we only get to see the videos and pictures of the jungle justice once it has been carried out. And in such scenario, you can't tell where such videos emanated from. So how can the perpetrators be brought to book in a country where investigative journalism and policing is almost non existent?
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by linearity: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
Urahara2:
this is a good development , but would it be properly enforced

Nonsense, it is currently illegal to assault any citizen. MOB actions or lynching are also illegation under current laws.

This bill does nothing.
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by chi074(m): 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
thank you for passing this one so fast... why can't you people pass embezzlement law since... lawmakers ... but you people av immunity... Godday na..

Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by dnoblest(m): 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
So are they saying that as of now jungle justice is not a crime? Without a bill if the law enforcement can fish out perpetrators of this act and bring them to book that would at least curb it. But a time so many of this criminals are more scared of being leached by people than they fear the law enforcement.
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by selfemployed(m): 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
When are they going to pass anti fighting bill?

I mean those guys that fight in the house and threaten to impregnate other people's wife and nothing will happen
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
all they need to do is clean up the nigerian police and the justice system and every thing will fall into place, the masses have lost faith in the nigerian justice system, i mean, an armed robber comes to your house rob you of your hard earned properties you call the police they take him away, the next day you will see the same criminal threatning you and your families by boldly boasting to you that the police can not do him any thing, i will kill that criminal myself, i will head the jungle justice my self and make sure the criminal is dead! angry because that's the only way i can live free, the same with all the jobless juveniles who calls them selves cultists going about murdering, stealling from and terrorising innocent people in the streets of nigeria

i do not support or agree with this bill unless the police and the justice system are willing to and be serious about protecting innocent nigerian citizens from the terrible criminals and so called cultists roaming the streets of nigeria killing, robbing and terrorising innocent nigerians.
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by RighteousI: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
These senators are stupid. isn't there a murder and an attempted murder charge in the law? so what are you criminalizing again? if this was a country with a good police system anyone caught trying to lynch anyone will be charged with attempted murder or murder if the person was killed. that said, who did the lynch mob learn summary executions from? they learnt it from the police who shoot to kill unarmed and alleged thieves without charging them to court. how many times have we seen police men present during lynchings? they expect the police that summarily executes people to arrest a lynch mob.
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by Alvino1(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
This senators should go nd relax abeg.. they should stop moving to make laws that will prohibit what they have failed to understand.. the Nigerian law generally nd ordinarily is not in support of jungle justice (by implication).. What they (senators) have failed to understand is the fact that there will not be jungle justice if things are done properly.. how can there be Jungle justice if/when the police does things properly??.. someone should pls tell me why the so called Commission of Police or DPOs of Districts/Areas in states in Nigeria will be alive and on duty nd some hoodlums will be terrorising a particular area under their nose, robbing and killing innocent Nigerians... No senator moved for the implementation of any law to crop the activities of these overlapping police officers who do not kno their jobs... now that the people have resulted to self help.. something that truly brings fear into the hearts of these bandits, they re ranting.. please oo before they will say that I have said or that I am in support of jungle justice, I wish to clearly state that I am not and will never be in support of jungle justice, nd just like one of them (senators) "my name is Alvin.. nd I just wanna make some #SENSE...

#5iver...
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by fabuloz1(m): 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
fistonati:
Thats what they need but they are thinking they can repel and avoid not knowing that they are just pushing it to the day they will stop BETTING, VIEWING CENTRES AND MMM that when government will know there is fire on the mountain because that is whats keeping youths at bay.
I don't understand undecided cry
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 29, 2016
So if things enter my hand use and I have chance to oil here m it men's I shouldn't OK Na wait and see
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by fosch: 5:07am On Nov 29, 2016
I'm in 100 % of the such law,but shouldn't be abused by our security agencies.
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by cameeeeel(m): 7:16am On Nov 29, 2016
before your y starting lynching our senators!!!! though, a quick action!!!
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by IGBOyoruHausa: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2016
[size=28pt]Jungle justice starts with police and military and all the government people with arms. when the shoot at people sporadically, or shoot at protesting people, is that not a jungle justice?[/size]
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by jumobi1(m): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2016
Local law enforcement is obviously non-existent since jungle justice which I assume takes about 30mins can be eXecuted without police intervention.
The legislature should be looking for ways to protect its citizens so they aren't forced to take the law into their hands. When citizens take the law into their hands, they put the innocent at risk.
Re: Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing by Horus(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMartplSllM

Anti-Jungle Justice: Senate Moves to Enact Relevant Law

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria And States / Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria-waec. / My Detractors Must Apologise To Imo APC, Says Gov Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.