Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? (4873 Views)

APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement / This Post Will Give Niger Deltan Republicans Nightmares posted By Radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Victorvexz(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
blues2022:

See as you just dey mumu yourself for this thread. uninvited tombo fly.. grin grin

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=Victorvexz post=51484866][/quote]
Is that your..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
blues2022:

Is that your..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just stop responding to that good for nothing. His attention seeking has no bounds.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Victorvexz(m): 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
Fremancipation:

Just stop responding to that good for nothing. His attention seeking has no bounds.
Yimu, delusional land grabbing biafran

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by LordAdam: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
blues2022:

If all non Igbo speaking South South thinks in this format, it will be a win win for us all. I guess its the high time you guys quit the name calling and land grabbing tags. Its like creating phantom enemy where non exist.... after all, if both states becomes reality, they will definitely end up as neighbors.

If wishes were horses eh!

The name calling is often from over-ambitious SSerners who feel threatened when some elements in the SE lump SS into Biafra. Such generalizations, intentional or not, are frowned upon by non-Igboid SS groups, mostly because it's seen as the first step into something that may grow messy if left unchecked.

Cross River and Akwa Ibom were drawn into the civil war simply by association. And the old Mid-West was railroaded simply because why the hell not.

So you can pardon the excesses even though it stokes animosity that doesn't really exist. Maybe if it's possible for everyone in the SE to respect the fact that we in the SS do not see ourselves having a future in Biafra, then you can be rest assured that the name calling will cease.

But since the generalizations and the resultant name calling only arise from a small percentage of the people in either regions, I don't think you should be worked up about the name calling.

To show you that the name calling and land grabbing tags are not born out of seething hate (unlike is the case when folks from the SW and North make the same reference), it'd interest you to know that within the SS, some tribes (for example the Urhobos) call some tribes land grabbers (for example the Ijaws). Yet when push comes to shove, we all come together as one region to fight for a common cause, whether it is more recognition, increased derivation, resource control, true federalism or something else.

NDR and Biafra will undoubtedly be better neighbors than NDR and Nigeria (or Arewa or Oduduwa) should a split happen. This much every SS group knows (Igboid or non-Igboid). And it's why the release of Kanu made the list of NDA requests. We all just have to ascertain some ground rules on who and/or what constitutes Biafra (excluding SS of course).

-Lord
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
LordAdam:

If wishes were horses eh!

The name calling is often from over-ambitious SSerners who feel threatened when some elements in the SE lump SS into Biafra. Such generalizations, intentional or not, are frowned upon by non-Igboid SS groups, mostly because it's seen as the first step into something that may grow messy if left unchecked.

Cross River and Akwa Ibom were drawn into the civil war simply by association. And the old Mid-West was railroaded simply because why the hell not.

So you can pardon the excesses even though it stokes animosity that doesn't really exist. Maybe if it's possible for everyone in the SE to respect the fact that we in the SS do not see ourselves having a future in Biafra, then you can be rest assured that the name calling will cease.

But since the generalizations and the resultant name calling only arise from a small percentage of the people in either regions, I don't think you should be worked up about the name calling.

To show you that the name calling and land grabbing tags are not born out of seething hate (unlike is the case when folks from the SW and North make the same reference), it'd interest you to know that within the SS, some tribes (for example the Urhobos) call some tribes land grabbers (for example the Ijaws). Yet when push comes to shove, we all come together as one region to fight for a common cause, whether it is more recognition, increased derivation, resource control, true federalism or something else.

NDR and Biafra will undoubtedly be better neighbors than NDR and Nigeria (or Arewa or Oduduwa) should a split happen. This much every SS group knows (Igboid or non-Igboid). And it's why the release of Kanu made the list of NDA requests. We all just have to ascertain some ground rules on who and/or what constitutes Biafra (excluding SS of course).

-Lord

I wish everyone reasoned like you. Its just hard to find rational and pragmatic voices here. The level of hatred and emotional tantrums spewed towards Igbos make me lose hope. We don't have to agree on everything but we have to respect and try to understand each other.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by zendy: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Funnily enough, the word 'Biafra' has nothing to do with Igbos. Biafra has no meaning in the Igbo language. Even Asari Dokubo said it that the word Biafra has more to do with the minorities of Southern Nigeria such as Ijaw, Ogoni, Ibibio because it was those tribes that lived along the 'Bight of Biafra' where the name comes from.

Even Asari Dokubo went on to suggest to suggest that the Biafra may have originated from the Ijaw word 'Biafulo'.

Historians generally agree that the term 'Biafra' comes from an acient empire which once covered present day Southern Cameroon and Southern Nigeria. Even old maps from hundreds of years ago have Biafra on it.

So the word 'Biafra' has never been something that had its origins in Igbo land

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
zendy:
Funnily enough, the word 'Biafra' has nothing to do with Igbos. Biafra has no meaning in the Igbo language. Even Asari Dokubo said it that the word Biafra has more to do with the minorities of Southern Nigeria such as Ijaw, Ogoni, Ibibio because it was those tribes that lived along the 'Bight of Biafra' where the name comes from.

Even Asari Dokubo went on to suggest to suggest that the Biafra may have originated from the Ijaw word 'Biafulo'.

Historians generally agree that the term 'Biafra' comes from an acient empire which once covered present day Southern Cameroon and Southern Nigeria. Even old maps from hundreds of years ago have Biafra on it.

So the word 'Biafra' has never been something that had its origins in Igbo land

Good history lesson for those who care to know.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
ceaz4r:

I really don't believe the name the new nation will bear is the problem. They are just changing goal posts in the middle of the game. Before now, it was 'Igbo are land grabbers'. We don't want Biafra, we want 'Resource Control'. 'Igbo man cannot be trusted'. Now it is, Change the name from Biafra to something else. We will soon be hearing, 'who will be the first President of the new nation?' Someone has even asked 'what will be the National Language?'

Seriously, this people are not serious!!

We are in a nasty situation together and we are saying let's escape together to a place. Instead of them to say FINE, LET'S DO IT!! They are there saying they don't like the name of the place we want to Escape to?' 'What language will we speak when we get there?' Watch it, someone will come here and start saying our currency should not be Biafran Pounds; it should be changed.
Thunder will fire any idiot who suggests so.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
Snakeeyes08:
Bros be logical nah,u think it's easier to get biafra than resource control?moreover,which do u think 'l benefit d SS most.

You be logical,you can not get resource control

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by WeNigerDelta: 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
LordAdam:

You can not just take one person's opinion and use it as a generic opinion for a region with over 100 different ethnicities. It is not proper.

95% of the people that constitute the SS today will not join Biafra. This is not hearsay. Even SS people living in the SE do not want SS to join Biafra.

Of course we can explore history but it wouldn't do justice. I'll write a little excerpt tho'.

Four of the present SS states--Bayelsa, Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, were under the old Eastern region that became Biafra. The other two SS states--Delta and Edo--that made up the Mid-West region were swiftly conquered by the rampaging Biafra soldiers in the beginning of the civil war.

None of the ethnic groups in the four old Biafran SS states were consulted before Ojukwu took their sons to war. Ojukwu forcefully annexed the remaining two Nigerian SS states.

So, you can't actually look at the SS with a straight face and ask us to join Biafra with those antecedents.

If the SS joins the SE, we'd have another Nigeria again where Igbos are the majority calling the shot and every other tribe gets to struggle over the crumbs.

But as I said, history doesn't exactly do justice to the reason why SS will NEVER join Biafra.

The major reason is economic reason. There is NOTHING the Igbos can add to us that we wouldn't get if we went our separate ways.

In fact, the SS brings more into any supposed union that the SE would.

The SS is at least twice the size of the SE, has more resources, has access to the coastal waters, amongst others. We have everything we need, and we already have a large number of ethnic groups with varying interests that we attend to; we can't add the volatile Igbo to that mix.

This may seem offensive, but Biafra will be a liability to the SS, because the demerits outweigh the gains (whatever they are).

How about Igbos fight for Biafra themselves. If you guys get it, then great.

If Nigeria will divide peacefully, I'm sure every SS state will have the opportunity to decide if they want Nigeria (or Oduduwa), Biafra, or Niger Delta Republic. Deep down you know the option each SS state will pick.

Burying your head in the sand in a blatant show of denial won't change it.

So, don't flip anything on the SS, we've had our taste of Biafra, and it sure as hell wasn't pretty.

-Lord

Bros I think we are being myopic when we say the Igbos don't really bring much to the table. My believe is their merits outweighs their demerits of us going together. This is why;

First everyone knows what we bring to the table, our resources, land and ports. If we have full control of our resources and lands like they are proposing, we can build our region to the world class standard we dream of, make sure every child of the region have the best education money can afford and make our coasts tourist attractions.

After that, what next? What will our economy be based on when we are done building? Tourism and oil alone like Dubai? The Emirate's look for where to invest their money every day all around the world now that they are done building on a super massive scale.

We can't lie to ourselves and not admit the Igbos are ahead of most Africans when it comes to science and tech or reengineering. If we invest part of our oil proceeds there, we can have a very decent technological hub that none in Africa can rival.

Also Nolloywood, they are already adding a significant part to Naija's economy. They we go together we invest to increase the quality and it will keep adding more to the economy.

Third, our seaports will be a lot busier with them. And thus will lead to more thriving coastal and riverine communities. Also if we decide to get a national carrier "airline", their traveling population will make sure it's a success.

All I'm saying is we should actually look at the merits and demerits with open hearts. I believe if you give the UAE an opportunity to add a technological, nolloywood size movie sector and an increase importing to their economy they will bite your hands off for it. Like you've said and those of us in the region know, we don't hate the Igbo's.

6 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Victorvexz(m): 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
iSlayer2:

You be logical,you can not get resource control
You be logical, u can never get Biafra
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Bros I think we are being myopic when we say the Igbos don't really bring much to the table. My believe is their merits outweighs their demerits of us going together. This is why;

First everyone knows what we bring to the table, our resources, land and ports. If we have full control of our resources and lands like they are proposing, we can build our region to the world class standard we dream of, make sure every child of the region have the best education money can afford and make our coasts tourist attractions.

After that, what next? What will our economy be based on when we are done building? Tourism and oil alone like Dubai? The Emirate's look for where to invest their money every day all around the world now that they are done building on a super massive scale.

We can't lie to ourselves and not admit the Igbos are ahead of most Africans when it comes to science and tech or reengineering. If we invest part of our oil proceeds there, we can have a very decent technological hub that none in Africa can rival.

Also Nolloywood, they are already adding a significant part to Naija's economy. They we go together we invest to increase the quality and it will keep adding more to the economy.

Third, our seaports will be a lot busier with them. And thus will lead to more thriving coastal and riverine communities. Also if we decide to get a national carrier "airline", their traveling population will make sure it's a success.

All I'm saying is we should actually look at the merits and demerits with open hearts. I believe if you give the UAE an opportunity to add a technological, nolloywood size movie sector and an increase importing to their economy they will bite your hands off for it. Like you've said and those of us in the region know, we don't hate the Igbo's.
There is more to it.... I'll save this post and brood over it...
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by LordAdam: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

You make valid points, and certainly when the time comes for a split, I believe there'd be a lot of discourse about the merits and demerits of joining Biafra or staying on our own in the ND. Everyone will bring their opinion and in the end hopefully a referendum or body of educated and influential Niger Deltans comprehensively representing every interest in the SS will make the choice.

For the moment tho', you should know that in spite of any shortcoming, any country that wants to become developed will be able to do so.

The fact is that, no matter how well we structure Biafra for the sake of equality, the states that form the present day Niger Delta will always play second fiddle to the core SE states. The UK revolves around England. Trinidad and Tobago revolves around Trinidad. Bosnia and Herzegovina revolved around Bosnia. I could keep going.

You mentioned science, tech, and engineering as their strong suit. That is not a fact to be argued, but it doesn't mean we can't play catch-up. Especially since we have the credible tertiary institutions, the money, and a rising number of educated people. Of course, we wouldn't really get to their point, but we don't have to. And if we have to invest our money, it's easy, the NDR will have a sovereign fund. Saudi Arabia, China, Norway, UAE each have funds with Billions of dollars that they invest in tech companies from the US to Estonia and even Kenya.

The same tech hub that can be cited in Nnewi or Aba can be cited in PH or Warri.

About Nollywood, there would not be Nollywood once Nigeria splits. It'd be a competition between Lagos in Oduduwa, Abuja in the Arewa, and Enugu in the Biafra. Of course we could stay with Biafra and try to improve the quality of Ndigbowood or whatever it'd be called then, but I really don't see how that helps us. Whether we stay or not, the SE would make it top quality.

And about the seaport, we don't need to stay in the same country with them to make them use our ports more. Netherlands is a really small country but handle the chunk of the world's shipping. All we have to do in NDR is make our ports world-class and compete with the already established ports in the SW (Oduduwa). Since we already have oil money we can slash rates, invest big in our ports, increase capacities, and give the SW a run for their money, not just for the Biafra but for Arewa, the rest of West Africa and East Africa. The Igbos are capitalists, they'd do business at our ports if we give them a good deal, it doesn't matter whether we are Niger Deltans, Fulanis or even Aliens.

I know I'm sounding a little too confident or may remotely pass off as cocky. But the Igbos and many of the Ethnic groups in the SS are egotistic and from where I sit, I don't think the relationship will be as fluidic as the proposed Biafra (with SS as a part of it) will be.

And what we would actually bring are resources (oil, land, access to coastal ports...) not exactly money or talent or anything else, they've got much of those. In my opinion, I'd rather we be a Qatar (or UAE) than a Scotland.

Of course, these are my humble submissions and not representative of the entire SS region. When the time comes, we'd have a more concrete discussion in-house about the merits and demerits of a Biafra instead of a NDR (although I think that ship sailed when agitation for NDR started).

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by LordAdam: 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
blues2022:

There is more to it.... I'll save this post and brood over it...

I'll like to read your submission on this. Maybe there's something I'm missing.

-Lord
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by WeNigerDelta: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
LordAdam:

You make valid points, and certainly when the time comes for a split, I believe there'd be a lot of discourse about the merits and demerits of joining Biafra or staying on our own in the ND. Everyone will bring their opinion and in the end hopefully a referendum or body of educated and influential Niger Deltans comprehensively representing every interest in the SS will make the choice.

For the moment tho', you should know that in spite of any shortcoming, any country that wants to become developed will be able to do so.

The fact is that, no matter how well we structure Biafra for the sake of equality, the states that form the present day Niger Delta will always play second fiddle to the core SE states. The UK revolves around England. Trinidad and Tobago revolves around Trinidad. Bosnia and Herzegovina revolved around Bosnia. I could keep going.

You mentioned science, tech, and engineering as their strong suit. That is not a fact to be argued, but it doesn't mean we can't play catch-up. Especially since we have the credible tertiary institutions, the money, and a rising number of educated people. Of course, we wouldn't really get to their point, but we don't have to. And if we have to invest our money, it's easy, the NDR will have a sovereign fund. Saudi Arabia, China, Norway, UAE each have funds with Billions of dollars that they invest in tech companies from the US to Estonia and even Kenya.

The same tech hub that can be cited in Nnewi or Aba can be cited in PH or Warri.

About Nollywood, there would not be Nollywood once Nigeria splits. It'd be a competition between Lagos in Oduduwa, Abuja in the Arewa, and Enugu in the Biafra. Of course we could stay with Biafra and try to improve the quality of Ndigbowood or whatever it'd be called then, but I really don't see how that helps us. Whether we stay or not, the SE would make it top quality.

And about the seaport, we don't need to stay in the same country with them to make them use our ports more. Netherlands is a really small country but handle the chunk of the world's shipping. All we have to do in NDR is make our ports world-class and compete with the already established ports in the SW (Oduduwa). Since we already have oil money we can slash rates, invest big in our ports, increase capacities, and give the SW a run for their money, not just for the Biafra but for Arewa, the rest of West Africa and East Africa. The Igbos are capitalists, they'd do business at our ports if we give them a good deal, it doesn't matter whether we are Niger Deltans, Fulanis or even Aliens.

I know I'm sounding a little too confident or may remotely pass off as cocky. But the Igbos and many of the Ethnic groups in the SS are egotistic and from where I sit, I don't think the relationship will be as fluidic as the proposed Biafra (with SS as a part of it) will be.

And what we would actually bring are resources (oil, land, access to coastal ports...) not exactly money or talent or anything else, they've got much of those. In my opinion, I'd rather we be a Qatar (or UAE) than a Scotland.

Of course, these are my humble submissions and not representative of the entire SS region. When the time comes, we'd have a more concrete discussion in-house about the merits and demerits of a Biafra instead of a NDR (although I think that ship sailed when agitation for NDR started).

-Lord

You make great points that I can't really argue with. I just believe they give us a better chance for a more diverse economy. If placed with both submission though, I can't argue that our people won't opt for a chance at a UAE type over a Scotland type.
Hopefully the time comes soon enough for us to start having these conversations.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
LordAdam:

-Lord

Good points. I strongly believe that niger delta republic can be very viable and successful if the will and commitment is there amongst all groups involved. Nothing is impossible.

But can Niger deltans truly come together as one people and nation? What unites niger deltans outside of producing oil? Will cross river and akwaibom people join with ijaws and urohobos and itshekiri people? I am not trying to throw sand into your garri but I am being realistic.

If Niger deltans truly want their own nation, they need to get out there as Biafrans and Catalonias are doing and sensitize the world. You can't just wake up one day to mobilize people to form a nation. Just saying the bitter truth.

As for seaport, biafrans will develop ugbaku seaport in Southern Abia state. It is only 30 nautical miles from the sea.

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

*Clapping* Bravo...

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Igbophobia has slinked into the thread.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
iSlayer2:
Igbophobia has slinked into the thread.

I totally disagree. I see people openly expressing their concerns and opinions freely without any insults being thrown.

Please Ignore the trolls that try to disrupt this conversation going on.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
Fremancipation:

I totally disagree. I see people openly expressing their concerns and opinions freely without any insults being thrown.

Please Ignore the trolls that try to disrupt this conversation going on.
I held my tongue in response to a certain guy here. I'm still holding it and watching closely.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by galeiiTNA: 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
I personally do not want non Igbo speaking tribes to be part of Biafra. Honestly they feel threatened by the sheer size of the Igbo population and I cant be constantly trying to convince them
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Ngozi123(f): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Fremancipation:

The name Biafra was given to us by an illustrious Ijaw son. It was named after the bight of Biafra which was changed to the bight of Benin after the uncivil war.

Millions have died and given their lives under that name. It will be a great dishonor to them to change it.

Finally if Igbo domination is the fear that you have for Biafra. That is fine and I prefer you and the rest of niger deltans like you form your own country. I and so many other igbos prefer an Igbo only Biafra. You can check my history. I don't agree with IPOB including other non-Igbo groups in Biafra.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I wish I could give you 1000 likes for this phrase alone...

As for this thread, it is indeed interesting to see how many so called 'Niger Deltans' are posting in this thread. There was a similar thread created a few days ago targeted at Niger Deltans but it was focused on Biafra and it's almost 100 pages now... Anyway, as long as they don't include the Igbos indigenous to the South-South region in their future plans then I don't really care what they do undecided.

5 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
LordAdam:

I'll like to read your submission on this. Maybe there's something I'm missing.

-Lord
Definitely.....
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
galeiiTNA:
I personally do not want non Igbo speaking tribes to be part of Biafra. Honestly they feel threatened by the sheer size of the Igbo population.

This is something that we will always have to deal with. We are not just bigger but we are found everywhere both in Nigeria and outside.

The average Igbo person don't even think of domination in anything that they do. They just want hussle and make money to survive.

If Hausa and Yorubas as large as they are still worry about the so called Igbo dominance, then imagine how the smaller groups feel.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
... I must really commend LordAdam, Fremancipation, Blues2020 and WeNigerDelta for their mature comments so far. This is how the youths are supposed to engaged in healthy discourse void of hate, acrimony, tribal slurrs.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by allcomage: 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Fremancipation:

Good points. I strongly believe that niger delta republic can be very viable and successful if the will and commitment is there amongst all groups involved. Nothing is impossible.

But can Niger deltans truly come together as one people and nation? What unites niger deltans outside of producing oil? Will cross river and akwaibom people join with ijaws and urohobos and itshekiri people? I am not trying to throw sand into your garri but I am being realistic.

If Niger deltans truly want their own nation, they need to get out there as Biafrans and Catalonias are doing and sensitize the world. You can't just wake up one day to mobilize people to form a nation. Just saying the bitter truth.

As for seaport, biafrans will develop ugbaku seaport in Southern Abia state. It is only 30 nautical miles from the sea.

I HAVE HAD DEEP THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND I CAME TO A CONCLUSION THAT BIAFRA IS THE BEST MOVEMENT FOR SS PEOPLES TO EMANCIPATE THEMSELVES FROM NIGERIA.EITHER INFORM OF CONFEDERATION OR GO THEIR WAY AFTER THE TWO ZONES MIGHT HAVE COME OUT OF NIGERIA VIA BIAFRA MOVEMENT.IT WILL BE EASIER BECAUSE BIAFRA IS ALREADY ON GROUND,ACTIVE, KNOWN AND ARE MAKING IMPACT WORLDWIDE.THE SS LACK THE COHESION TO PUSH AND SUCCEED ALONE.IF THEY WORK TOGETHER SALVATION WILL SHORTER BUT IT WILL BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE IF THEY GO SOLO.NIGERIA KNOW THE POTENCY OF THE SE/SS SYNERGY BUT ARE SUBTLY DRIVING A WEDGE BETWEEN THEM BUT THE SS ARE FALLING FOR THEIR BAIT IN BELIEVING OLD UNFOUNDED TALES.BUT THE SAD THING IS, TIME IS QUITE RUNNING OUT ON SS OVER WHAT IS LEFT OF THEIR RESOURCES.IT'S A PITY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
allcomage:

I HAVE HAD DEEP THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND I CAME TO A CONCLUSION THAT BIAFRA IS THE BEST MOVEMENT FOR SS PEOPLES TO EMANCIPATE THEMSELVES FROM NIGERIA.EITHER INFORM OF CONFEDERATION OR GO THEIR WAY AFTER THE TWO ZONES MIGHT HAVE COME OUT OF NIGERIA VIA BIAFRA MOVEMENT.IT WILL BE EASIER BECAUSE BIAFRA IS ALREADY ON GROUND,ACTIVE, KNOWN AND ARE MAKING IMPACT WORLDWIDE.THE SS LACK THE COHESION TO PUSH AND SUCCEED ALONE.IF THEY WORK TOGETHER SALVATION WILL SHORTER BUT IT WILL BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE IF THEY GO SOLO.NIGERIA KNOW THE POTENCY OF THE SE/SS SYNERGY BUT ARE SUBTLY DRIVING A WEDGE BETWEEN THEM BUT THE SS ARE FALLING FOR THEIR BAIT IN BELIEVING OLD UNFOUNDED TALES.BUT THE SAD THING IS, TIME IS QUITE RUNNING OUT ON SS OVER WHAT IS LEFT OF THEIR RESOURCES.IT'S A PITY.

Intelligent observation. But they (SS) have to overcome their igbophobia or put it aside to see the bigger picture. Majority of igbos see it but SS people struggle with it. Nigeria benefits from the confusion by continuing sucking oil while the division continues.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by LordAdam: 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
Fremancipation:

There has been no objection to the proposed Niger Deltan republic as far as I know by any SS group (Igboid and non-Igboid).

Moreover, you should know that NDDC still comprises of representatives from Edo and Cross River states despite both states not producing oil. Niger Delta right now is beyond oil, and while I can't entirely rule out tribes having grievances, maybe even a civil war, I am very optimistic about the prospects of NDR.

There's still a lot of sensitization to do, our leaders haven't been impressive, and our youths could use a lot of pep talk. And you're right that Biafrans, Catalonias, Scots and many other non-nation states seeking independence would be able to hit the ground running faster than the NDR.

Nonetheless, I'm awed by how far we've come, considering that even before there was a Niger Delta, we already had someone fighting for resource control (Borro). This was at a time that the present day SS was divided between the Mid-West and the old Eastern region. The Ibibios, Anangs and the rest of the ethnicities in Akwa Ibom and Cross River adopted the SS identity immediately after the civil war without any coercion.

And for an agitation that came into full force, uniting all the ethnicities in the region, in the 90s, we've come a long way.

Every country had birth pains and it'd be foolish to believe NDR wouldn't have its own birth pains, should the republic materialize. The strength in our diversity is the cord that'd keep us going.

-Lord
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 11:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
LordAdam:

There has been no objection to the proposed Niger Deltan republic as far as I know by any SS group (Igboid and non-Igboid).

Moreover, you should know that NDDC still comprises of representatives from Edo and Cross River states despite both states not producing oil. Niger Delta right now is beyond oil, and while I can't entirely rule out tribes having grievances, maybe even a civil war, I am very optimistic about the prospects of NDR.

There's still a lot of sensitization to do, our leaders haven't been impressive, and our youths could use a lot of pep talk. And you're right that Biafrans, Catalonias, Scots and many other non-nation states seeking independence would be able to hit the ground running faster than the NDR.

Nonetheless, I'm awed by how far we've come, considering that even before there was a Niger Delta, we already had someone fighting for resource control (Borro). This was at a time that the present day SS was divided between the Mid-West and the old Eastern region. The Ibibios, Anangs and the rest of the ethnicities in Akwa Ibom and Cross River adopted the SS identity immediately after the civil war without any coercion.

And for an agitation that came into full force, uniting all the ethnicities in the region, in the 90s, we've come a long way.

Every country had birth pains and it'd be foolish to believe NDR wouldn't have its own birth pains, should the republic materialize. The strength in our diversity is the cord that'd keep us going.

-Lord

I hope things work out. Niger delta republic and Biafra will be a natural allies and trading partners. We just need to find ways to get out from this British cage called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by oloyede252(m): 12:01am On Nov 30, 2016
nice submission from everybody. great points but in all a divided Nigeria is a dream of a thousand years.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? by Fremancipation: 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
oloyede252:
nice submission from everybody.
great points but in all a divided Nigeria is a dream of a thousand years.

You are not GOD. You don't even know what will happen tomorrow in your life talkless for a country as complex as Nigeria whose unity is very fragile and oil dependent.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News | Osinbajo Respond Bukola Saraki To Sack EFCC Boss / BREAKING!!! Dino Melaye Passes Night On The Floor At DSS & This Happened(Photos) / Anyone Noticed Sowore Has Stopped His Revolution Is Now Protest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.