Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) (4682 Views)

Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? / SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vick4rill:
wat meaninful contribution will i make in a dump thread like this one?? infact akintom let keep our differences aside and answer this questions honestly. our comment and post here go along way to show people with better IQ. with all sincererity, do you think you are more logical than theist on this forum such as kingebuka,winner01 and 4ever? guy we know intelligent atheist on this forum and i can assure you that Akintom is not one of them.

The only way you can prove that you have anything close to average intelligence, is to look into this study, and disprove each of the conclusions reached, with superior works.

You sure don't know how philosophy, metaphysics and physical sciences shape reasoning.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by PDBonline: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
akintom:

Do you for any reason know something about research DESIGNS?

can you review different researches with different designs together?

Why asking me such a rude question. Are you that arrogant? If I don't know anything I will (and I have been) quoting the works of those who do. Just follow the links I am assisting you and your cohorts with. Then come back and teach me what is wrong with their analysis instead of distracting yourself about me okay. That's if you really want to learn.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by Vick4rill(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
akintom:

The only way you can prove that you have anything close to average intelligence, is to look into this study, and disprove each of the conclusions reached, with superior works.

You sure don't know how philosophy, metaphysics and physical sciences shape reasoning.
guy am not in for baseless arguement this afternoon. it is very foolish to claim that atheist are more logical than religious people simply cus they are atheist. anybody can be logical base on the way he or she uses his brain. please try reading other intelligent post from fellow atheist and theist, in other to get some sense.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by mrmrmister: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
Mr Op, where the hell did you come up with your theory?
Yes, it takes reasoning to be able to doubt religion
But what makes you think every atheist became atheist through their own reasoning?
What makes you think some weren't simply influenced?

I can't really type an epistle right now grin
But my conclusion is:
Being an atheist doesn't necessarily mean you're intelligent, neither does being religious mean you're dumb.

It all depends on the circumstances that led to whichever one you are.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by PDBonline: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

So there is a relationship between Christianity and emotional intelligence. And there is a relationship between emotional intelligence and success. Why are Christians not the most successful in the world??

The study is not comparing Christianity with other religion in success. It is to show that the more matured people get in their Christian faith the better their emotional intelligence in the workplace.
I mentioned it so you'll know you can't just lump everyone together and say "Christians" in researches of this nature.
akintom
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by PDBonline: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Hello. It's me again... Plss address the actual statistics adduced by the Op... The one that says atheists generally have higher IQ than theists... There are loopholes in every study, I know u can find them, when u do, list them and let us address them
http://www.randalolson.com/2014/08/24/the-myth-of-the-smarter-atheist/
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by PDBonline: 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
akintom:

Irrelevant stuff to this thread.

You're still confirming the study (lack of discipline in thinking and reasoning),
Just to let you know you can't just lump everyone together and say "Christians". It follows up on the Forbes link
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by jonbellion(m): 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

bro there's an unwritten rule here not to antagonise one of your own if you can help it

did you see the way Grizzlybear did his own?
actually he did the same thing yesterday and I corrected him along with other umbelivers only for him to repeat it again
Nawa oo
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by peacesamuel94(m): 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
really ? what about religious people that later turn atheist, does atheism automatically enhance their IQ level ?

Aside that, i Will say that your belief system has no effect On your intelligence, anybody can be dumb or intelligent irrespective of their belief system.
Religious people have contributed To science Just as much as atheists if not more, as a matter of fact the Father of modern science was religious, did his belief reduce his IQ ? The thread is really unnecessary.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by PDBonline: 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
A studies from Havard shows that Cognitive Style rather than IQ reveals why peolle change what they believe and gravitate towards theism or atheism : http://www.anth.uconn.edu/degree_programs/ecolevo/divineintuition.pdf

To have many researches on the subject in one place just Google religiousity and intelligence, Wikipedia : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

akintom if you finished reading the Wikipedia article and still believe in the hasty conclusions of researchers published on dailymail then...
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
This thread was highly unnecessary. Even when I was a theist, I had a high IQ. Abandoning a belief doesn't make you smarter. Accepting one doesn't make you stupid either.

If there are studies that indicate atheists are somehow smarter on average, this could be because atheists are more common in wealthy countries, which also, by virtue of wealth, have a higher average IQ than poorer countries. But in the end, most theists you'll end up arguing with cannot be underestimated.

1 Like

Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ahemm Akintom your part 1 thread was demolished. Your Part 2 thread has also been demolished.

I suggest you go do a check on your own IQ because if you would post a part 1 and you were shown how stupid it was in clear terms like putting a Pitbull in a ring with a rat (you being the rat) yet you still went ahead to put up a part 2 then seriously you need to submit yourself for an IQ test.

I have repeatedly warned you against ARMCHAIR ATHEISM but you never seem to take counsel. Now behold your IQ
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:

Why asking me such a rude question. Are you that arrogant? If I don't know anything I will (and I have been) quoting the works of those who do. Just follow the links I am assisting you and your cohorts with. Then come back and teach me what is wrong with their analysis instead of distracting yourself about me okay. That's if you really want to learn.

Why are you so consumed with complex.

What makes you think, that i can't point out your error to you?

You didn't read my response to you with understanding, that's why you're claiming infallibility now.

I told you that the design of the study i posted is different from the one you're referring me to.

A montessori pupil knows that there's is no basis, of comparison between two studies, with different research designs.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by PDBonline: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
What's even so special about IQ test? It is very misleading. That's why thrre are so many other tests of intellegience than the popular IQ score.

You will see school drop-outs showing great business intelligence, very skilful with vocationals and so on.
There is more to life than being a scientist, academician or top manager.

Imagine how many "low IQ" people are paying the salaries of those with high IQ.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vick4rill:
guy am not in for baseless arguement this afternoon. it is very foolish to claim that atheist are more logical than religious people simply cus they are atheist. anybody can be logical base on the way he or she uses his brain. please try reading other intelligent post from fellow atheist and theist, in other to get some sense.

Your thoughts lags behind in comprehensive ability.

Are you sure you read the study without your religious lens?

Otherwise, you will not be ranting what is not the focus of the study.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by PDBonline: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
akintom:

Why are you so consumed with complex.

What makes you think, that i can't point out your error to you?

You didn't read my response to you with understanding, that's why you're claiming infallibility now.

I told you that the design of the study i posted is different from the one you're referring me to.

A montessori pupil knows that there's is no basis, of comparison between two studies, with different research designs.

1. I don't have any reason to claim infallibility and I didnt so don't bother trying to say I did.
People can discuss without trying to demean someone else.

2. Read the link on Wikipedia and you will understand how they are related. The link you posted is not the research. It's dailymail an online news paper. Okay.

In the end it is how objective the interpretation is what what obtains in real life that counts and that studies conclusion holds no ground. There are better conclusions that can be drawn from it. Follow the Wikipedia link : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

1 Like

Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by PDBonline: 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
Bye pls.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
mrmrmister:
Mr Op, where the hell did you come up with your theory?
Yes, it takes reasoning to be able to doubt religion
But what makes you think every atheist became atheist through their own reasoning?
What makes you think some weren't simply influenced?

I can't really type an epistle right now grin
But my conclusion is:
Being an atheist doesn't necessarily mean you're intelligent, neither does being religious mean you're dumb.

It all depends on the circumstances that led to whichever one you are.

You guys are good study sample again and again.

Intelligence measurement, takes ability to comprehend focused effort into cognizance. And that's what most of you lack here.

You simply didn't understand the study and how to make inference from it. Otherwise you wouldn't post this off comment.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
peacesamuel94:
really ? what about religious people that later turn atheist, does atheism automatically enhance their IQ level ?

Aside that, i Will say that your belief system has no effect On your intelligence, anybody can be dumb or intelligent irrespective of their belief system.
Religious people have contributed To science Just as much as atheists if not more, as a matter of fact the Father of modern science was religious, did his belief reduce his IQ ? The thread is really unnecessary.

Waoh, you just committed the same show of lack of discipline in reading before responding. Just like your other folks.

Did you read and strive to understand the study before responding? No you didn't.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:
A studies from Havard shows that Cognitive Style rather than IQ reveals why peolle change what they believe and gravitate towards theism or atheism : http://www.anth.uconn.edu/degree_programs/ecolevo/divineintuition.pdf

To have many researches on the subject in one place just Google religiousity and intelligence, Wikipedia : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

akintom if you finished reading the Wikipedia article and still believe in the hasty conclusions of researchers published on dailymail then...

Let me help your obvious difficulties now!

The study i posted looked at variables that helps to manage life challenges more rationally and realistically.

According to the study, if the measurements of ability to rationally and realistically manage life challenges, is a function of the quality one's thinking and reasoning processes (IQ), then the atheistic mental construct performs higher than theistic mental construct (for obvious facts). According to this study.

It's highly unfortunate that none of you could deduce this, since yesterday.

I am doing this to show you folks, how religious sentiments and religious inhibitory effect on mental processes, can become obvious, via simple test like posting a study.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by mrmrmister: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
akintom:

You guys are good study sample again and again.

Intelligence measurement, takes ability to comprehend focused effort into cognizance. And that's what most of you lack here.

You simply didn't understand the study and how to make inference from it. Otherwise you wouldn't post this off comment.

I am an atheist, so how come you think I'm dumb?
Am I not supposed to be an almighty genius? grin
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
mrmrmister:

I am an atheist, so how come you think I'm dumb?
Am I not supposed to be an almighty genius? grin

grin grin Thread closed

1 Like

Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by mrmrmister: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

grin grin Thread closed

grin He's a funny guy
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
mrmrmister:

grin He's a funny guy

You can add Bitter and egotistical to that
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Ahemm Akintom your part 1 thread was demolished. Your Part 2 thread has also been demolished.

I suggest you go do a check on your own IQ because if you would post a part 1 and you were shown how stupid it was in clear terms like putting a Pitbull in a ring with a rat (you being the rat) yet you still went ahead to put up a part 2 then seriously you need to submit yourself for an IQ test.

I have repeatedly warned you against ARMCHAIR ATHEISM but you never seem to take counsel. Now behold your IQ

You know me before now, that none of you mentally indecent theists on NL, can match me when it comes to the use of derogatory and condescending use of adjectives.

But i did that to confirm how unreal and hypocritic you folks are, when it comes to what your religion called fruit of the spirit.

All of you are stinking of the worst filthiness that can be seen in the folks that you arrogantly and hypocritically called sinners.

Otherwise you wouldn't be exhibiting a thinking quality that falls below that of kg 1 pupil.

1 Like

Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:
Bye pls.

I left you folks on the floor yesterday for a reason. Now as always, defeatist way out.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
akintom:

You know me before now, that none of you mentally indecent theists on NL, can match me when it comes to the use of derogatory and condescending use of adjectives.

But i did that to confirm how unreal and hypocritic you folks are, when it comes to what your religion called fruit of the spirit.

All of you are stinking of the worst filthiness that can be seen in the folks that you arrogantly and hypocritically called sinners.

Otherwise you wouldn't be exhibiting a thinking quality that falls below that of kg 1 pupil.

So says a Bitter, Sad soul.
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:

1. I don't have any reason to claim infallibility and I didnt so don't bother trying to say I did.
People can discuss without trying to demean someone else.

2. Read the link on Wikipedia and you will understand how they are related. The link you posted is not the research. It's dailymail an online news paper. Okay.

In the end it is how objective the interpretation is what what obtains in real life that counts and that studies conclusion holds no ground. There are better conclusions that can be drawn from it. Follow the Wikipedia link : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

You certainly don't expect me to start threading the 60+ papers here.

The newspaper presented a conclusion of the study.

All you need do is search out the study and do your own study of the whole work.

That you didn't do, and to make it worst, you started referring me to other works with different designs.

1 Like

Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by EyeHateGod: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Coward ur Attention is needed here

https://www.nairaland.com/3487438/investigations-into-damoguls-claim-raising
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by EyeHateGod: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Atheist Don't have Higher IQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by EyeHateGod: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) by akintom(m): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So says a Bitter, Sad soul.

Ntor! Ntor!! Ntor!!!
Coward!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Charles Anekwe Of Jesus Christ The Healer Church Of All Nation. / That Is Pastor Dr. Albert Odulele - Who Fondled A Teenage Boy / why Does Science Cotradict Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.