Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius (1420 Views)

The Teenage Girl Gang That Seduced And Killed Nazis / Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating / Meet The 10-year-old Maths Genius Who's Just Enrolled At College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
We all know how difficult mathematics is. In fact, left to us, they should just remove it from the syllabus!

Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
Imagine our surprise when we saw that 14-year-old Ebbah Wyse represented Nigeria in the 2016 African Mathematics Olympiad in Pretoria and won gold!

He is the African Olympiad Champion!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
He of course had to qualify at the national level before he went on to the inter-country stage. He led the Nigerian Olympiads with a 90% score.

Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
Please, is it this same brain we are all carrying about, or is there something we need to add to our own?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ebbah is a student of Greensprings Secondary School, Lagos. His schoolmate, Chidera Anakua also won the bronze medal in South Africa.

1 Share

Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
Please, join us in hailing these young geniuses! These are our own Albert Einsteins in the making.
Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by mercytripletz: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
It is GREENSPRINGS.. One of Nigeria's best schools. So I'm not surprised.
Kudos!!
Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by LEGITLAYO: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
This is nice, you're going places boy!!!

Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by ashewoboy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
kudos, guys.
Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pascalville:
Please, join us in hailing these young geniuses! These are our own Albert Einsteins in the making.
Albert Einstein came out with a third class.
I think we can safely discount that he won any competitions in his childhood age. grin.

Kudos to the kids though.

I got to the Olympiad qualifications for my regions when I was in secondary school.

I saw some dangerously dangerous mathematics there.

I'm talking about next level application mathematics or some really abstract shii.

I still remember the first question there. It was on probability. It stated :

"Find the probability that a point inside a circle is not on the diameter."

It was then I knew i was f*cked. angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
SirWere:
Albert Einstein came out with a third class.
I think we can safely discount that he won any competitions in his childhood age. grin.

Kudos to the kids though.

I got to the Olympiad qualifications for my regions when I was in secondary school.

I saw some dangerously dangerous mathematics there.

I'm talking about next level application mathematics or some really abstract shii.

I still remember the first question there. It was on probability. It stated :

"Find the probability that a point inside a circle is not on the diameter."

It was then I knew i was f*cked. angry grin
math knew I hated it...I was just tired of finding his ex grin
Re: Nigerians With Two Heads: Meet The Teenage Maths Genius by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pascalville:
math knew I hated it...I was just tired of finding his ex grin

Hahahaha. Why una hate maths like that??

Although to be fair; my teachers almost made me hate Maths angry

(1) (Reply)

Dilemma / Jamb2017:help!!! Its Displaying "You Do Not Have Any Result Yet" / 2017 And 2018 SCHOLARSHIPS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.