Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 (1450 Views)

NNPC Crashes The Prices Of Petrol And Cooking Gas Nationwide / Reps Want Adeosun, Emefiele To Resign / Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by TheFreeOne: 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
The House of Representatives has advised the Petroleum Products Prices Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) to review the current price template for petrol and reduce the price to N70.

The call followed a motion by a member, Abubakar Fulata, titled “Urgent Need to Review the Petroleum Price Template”.

The lawmaker expressed disappointment recent reports suggesting the government may again increase the price of petrol in the country.

The government has denied the report.

Mr. Fulata said the current template for petrol pricing could be reviewed downwards without affecting the profit margin of marketers and transporters.

“I am aware that the current cost of freighting PMS stands at N109.1, Lightering expenses N4.56, Nigeria Ports Authority charges N0.84, NIMASA charges N0.22, Financing N2.51 and Jetty put charges at N0.60.

“Storage charges N2.00, retailers margin N6.00, transport allowance N3.36, dealers margin N2.36, bridging fund N6.20 and marine transport average put at N0.15 bringing the total cost to N137.81,” he said.

He said the landing cost of petrol remained N119.74, while the distribution cost and margins of marketers stood at N18.37.

“Thus, the total of both the landing and distribution costs is N138.11, while marketers are allowed to sell the product within the range of N140 and N145 per litre,” he said.

The lawmaker said over 90 per cent of the current price of petrol in Nigeria is accounted for by transport related charges amounting to N124.34.

He said that foreign vessels charge higher for lifting petrol because Nigerian carriers that were supposed to lift 50 per cent of the products lack the capacity to do so.

Mr. Fulata said the NPA’s inability to dredge the ports despite collecting N0.84 for every litre of petrol, had caused Nigerian users to pay N4.56 for every litre of petrol they buy.

“Bridging is supposed to be an annual event only when refineries are carrying out their turn around maintenance which should not exceed three months,” he said.

“However, due to the fact that pipelines linking the various depots have been vandalised or in a state of disrepair, bridging has remained a permanent feature of the oil industry in Nigeria.”

He said if the pipelines linking the various depots and refineries could be fixed and secured, the bridging fund could be reduced to N2.00 per litre instead of the current N6.20.

“Also a realistic template would bring down the price of petrol to N70.04,” he added.

The House urged the NPA to dredge all harbours within a period of one year to enable ships dock in them.

The House also set up an ad-hoc committee to liaise with the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources on the review of the price of petrol.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/216660-reps-want-price-petrol-reduced-n70.html

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by kunle86(m): 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lalastical thank god making it 4 the first time in fp. Abeg make the fuel come #70

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
They want to give zombies something to cheer on after NCC increased price of data
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by bewla(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
can't tape now my phone is in recession
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
bewla:

Naso

2 Likes

Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by Raddie(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
bewla:
dis yur comment got me -"If you can't tape your phone then it's more than recession"
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by SIRmuel86(m): 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
We all want the price of petroleum products slashed, the problem is whether the govt will give in to the plights of the pple.
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by kingwax7007: 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
bewla:
you are the one at recession!!

Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
Point one: “Also a realistic template would bring down the price of petrol to N70.04,” he added.

- I dont see how the proposed changes would account for the downward review to N70.04 undecided

Point Tow: "The House urged the NPA to dredge all harbours within a period of one year to enable ships dock in them."

- Lagos State would do everything under the sun and moon to stop this proposal. undecided

Great, at least someone is talking grin
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by Krossbow123: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
hmmmm. who Una wan deceive?
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by Jokerman(m): 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Buhari no go gree o... wetin im dey take chop.... grin
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by Theultimate(m): 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Can Buhari led regime reduce anything in Nigeria? I doubt!
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by Paperwhite(m): 11:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
After all the "subsidy is a scam"arguments? After APC scammed Nigerian of taking us to Eldorado? After NNPC is saying PMS is no more feasible at #145? Where is that Tam David-West & Fashola with their illusionary price of what petrol price should be under this clueless regime Now these fellas that have been feeding fat @ our expense are again telling us that petrol should sell at #70.Government of back & forth.Nigeria deserves it leaders.
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by agabusta: 11:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Keneking:
Point one: “Also a realistic template would bring down the price of petrol to N70.04,” he added.

- I dont see how the proposed changes would account for the downward review to N70.04 undecided

Point Tow: "The House urged the NPA to dredge all harbours within a period of one year to enable ships dock in them."

- Lagos State would do everything under the sun and moon to stop this proposal. undecided

Great, at least someone is talking grin

Kindly pardon my ignorance. From all the charges listed above, which one goes to the Lagos state govt please?
Re: Reps Want Price Of Petrol Reduced To N70 by seunny4lif(m): 12:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Huh
I'm not understanding o oooh
Nigeria rep abi anoda country ooown

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Lack Understanding Of Nigeria Political Dynamics- Ken Nnamani / How Dangote Duped Graduates Of Millions Through Scam Job A / See EFCC Reply On Whether Nigeria Will Be Great Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.