Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME (6538 Views)

FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook / Babcock Vc Advises Secondary School Students To Shun Thuggery / Advises On How To Get Ur Boo Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME by NevetsIbot(m): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2016
EWAagoyin:
mtcheeew any student that fails always have something to wail about and find fault in .... even in the university it same.

why will u say people that got lucky ....so to u anybody that pass jamb got lucky anyone that failed jamb, jamb failed the person abi... this bad habit won't take u nowhere
LOl. I take it as you didn't know what jamb did this yr. Why is it that those who scored above 260 last yr when the exam was fair got below 220 this yr. I roll with intelligent guys like myself nd we all had this experience. This yrs jamb was a sham.

I can give you examples uhn if you want..

I wasnt making any excuses, No one needed to tel dad that the score wasnt mine,

I'm not a failed student, as you can see, Ion tak like a dumb student.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME by LaExpert: 10:35am On Nov 30, 2016
WesBreezy:

bros don't say that oh. Should et be free? Or eez et their parents that would look through the 0'level. #2500 is not too bad compared to 5k or 10k writing the exam and still failing then you loose at both ends.

Either the school like it or not, they will still check the O' Level results.

UNILAG charges #2000 for post Utme forms but increased their price to #2500 for screening...an activity they will still carry out.

What should be moderated should be the price of post Utme forms. Most of these schools charge regular exam fee of about 2000-5000naira which they pay in their school fees (for an average of 7courses), I see no reason why these schools should complain about #2500 being too small to conduct a 30mins multi choice question one time exam.

P.S Remember that JAMB charges more for their exams.
Re: JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME by treebuds: 11:38am On Nov 30, 2016
seunlly:
Prof. Olurotimi Ajayi, the
Vice-Chancellor, Crawford
University, Igbesa, Ogun, on
Tuesday called on the
Federal Government to
review its cancellation of
the Post-Unified Tertiary
Matriculation Examinations
(post-UTME).
Ajayi told the News Agency of
Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the
cancellation of the Post-UTME and
its subsequent replacement with
screening might not help the
university system.
The Federal Government had on June 1, scrapped the
Post-UTME for candidates seeking admission into higher
institutions.
The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, said
that there was no need for another examination to be
conducted by universities after the Joint Admissions
and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examinations.
“The whole idea of the Post-UTME examinations is not
about money generation but about standards.
“Over time, the examinations have shown that intending
students that claimed JAMB marks cannot defend those
marks, which is not the fault of JAMB.
“Some of the students that had high JAMB scores
cannot even pass a simple test conducted by the
universities.
“The test is for the students to prove their ability, to
repeat their feat at the JAMB examinations,’’ Ajayi
said.
He said it was in the interest of institutions, students
as well as the nation for the Federal Government to
reverse its stance on the post-UTME.
The vice-chancellor added that the Post-UTME should be
seen as a type of quality assurance on the part of
universities.
Ajayi said the decision of the Federal Government to fix
a price ceiling for the Post-UTME screening on behalf
of all universities was high-handed.
According to him, the government’s price ceiling will
have a ripple effect on private universities.
The vice-chancellor said that only universities funded by
the government could sustain that ceiling.
“The government coming out to fix the price of our
Post-UTME at just N2,500 seems high-handed because
private universities are not receiving subventions from
the government.
“Some of the parents sending their children to the
private universities already know they will have to pay
more than what is obtainable in the public universities.
“It is unseemly for universities to be controlled by the
government, they are supposed to be governed and
regulated by their councils.
“Although we will comply with the directive, but we are
not very satisfied with it as it seems like a burden.’’
Ajayi said that the Committee of Vice-Chancellors were
already looking at various ways to help the government
realise the implications of its decisions on the nation’s
university system.
He said the committee would soon make its stand on
the plight of universities’ public.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/11/29/jamb-vc-advises-scrapping-post-utme/

So prof, you want to say that quality of education this time is better than the old time because student now take post utme
Re: JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME by justman911(m): 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
signz:
I don't know why we still have Jamb?

That office should be scrapped and let there be only screening done by the universities. If you fail to get the required score to gain an admission into UNN, try NAU or vice versa.

I think you have a problem which is..... you seem to have too much sense grin
You spoke my mind inside out.
Re: JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME by justman911(m): 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
EWAagoyin:
mtcheeew any student that fails always have something to wail about and find fault in .... even in the university it same.

why will u say people that got lucky ....so to u anybody that pass jamb got lucky anyone that failed jamb, jamb failed the person abi... this bad habit won't take u nowhere

LIKE REALLY?
Picture this. I read my eyes out and pray. Score 273 in jamb and while am still plotting how to score 320 in putme a miss-road who buys an all A_result from stu.pid cheap WAEC and manages a meagre 220 takes my place on the admission list.

Just how very fair and cool is that? sad
Re: JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME by seunlly(m): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
I. have taken what I wants to take. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself / Nairalanders, Any News About Unijos 2008/2009 Admission? / Check Out This Funny Point Boys Are More Important Than Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.