Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) (34371 Views)

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by ademakanak(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Franchise21:
OP, g-strings and bras are meant for trips like these... Not d outfit u putting on... Now, pull it

Vaseline crew sighted. cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Alexander001(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bbsharon:

When last did you take yours out ? You like to pokenose o and poketype self grin
una too like to dey prolong matter haba! give ah your number. only una don take I page. shey you know data cost now bt he sacrificed a page for you.
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
ademijuwonlo:
The indigenes do climb it to the other side where Ekiti is and they have been to the seventh floor countless times. There are farmers cultivating on the seventh floor n it actually looks like a plain. I know this cos my grandma, mom and other relatives on my maternal side have climbed it. My grandma told me she used to climb it with wares on her head to Ekiti in those days. I ve relatives there, I go for holidays there but ve been lazy to climb.

Thanks dear for pointing this out smiley

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by agrovick(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nice narration, I still vividly remember the first and only time I visited the place, I completed the 7 steps and got to Efon Alaye in Ekiti state according to the locals we met there.

The view of the surrounding high grounds from the top of the mountain is divine. Nature at its royal finest.
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Mekzyzeus(m): 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bbsharon:

Nice try for trying to discredit my opinion in a subtle way too. I was there Jan 2014 and i repeat again we got to the 7th floor. And even this last time some guys tried to get to the 4th floor but got back later as it was getting late. There is no restriction whatsoever as there is no guide accompanying any one.

Please if you have the opportunity to reach anyone in Oau 300 level or 400 level chemistry student they had tell you the tale of how we all got there the 7th floor exactly and the village am talking about.

I wonder why I would just sit down and frame those stories undecided

Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe am wrong, and I never meant to discredit you. I served in Osun state not so long, and I do know for a fact that the climb to the fourth level is quite tough and dangerous, plus there are guides checkmating people there.
Anyways, I envy you for getting to the 7th level. Maybe you can show me how your group achieved such feat! Let's make it an adventure for next year though

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Mekzyzeus(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
ademijuwonlo:
The indigenes do climb it to the other side where Ekiti is and they have been to the seventh floor countless times. There are farmers cultivating on the seventh floor n it actually looks like a plain. I know this cos my grandma, mom and other relatives on my maternal side have climbed it. My grandma told me she used to climb it with wares on her head to Ekiti in those days. I ve relatives there, I go for holidays there but ve been lazy to climb.

Wow!!
Guess there is another easier way across the mountain to access the levels. Osun state government dey dull big time oh cos that waterfall is really totally outta this world and is a tourist delight.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by speak2femz: 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bbsharon:
More pictures here
really a beautiful place to behold. was there 2007. could only get to the 2nd

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Franchise21(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
ademakanak:

Vaseline crew sighted. cheesy
Nah! I ain't one of them
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by fiyin47(m): 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bbsharon:

Thanks o...

You are welcome, I hail from that town tho
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by jidxin(m): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bbsharon:

Oau
oh dats cool...so wch dept re u ...if u don't mind
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by robosky02(m): 12:20am On Dec 01, 2016
Bbsharon:

Thanks dear for pointing this out smiley

bae... happy new month tongue
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by ogboni76(m): 1:18am On Dec 01, 2016
ademijuwonlo:
The immediate female regent of the town where the olumirin water falls is situated died two days ago and was buried yesterday. It is so painful because she was a relative and this is the time she ought to be enjoying her labour. She ll be missed. Adieu.

I love your name...it's unique.....

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Mekurexx: 5:01am On Dec 01, 2016
Hello, can I kindly use your pictures of you at the waterfall for a presentation about Nigeria? Thanks
Bbsharon:
If you are pondering on where to go this festive season or your next holiday, I would recommend you take a visit to admire the beauty of nature. This my second time of visiting this place and to my surprise I had a totally new experience of the place. The water was so white that mere looking at it for long one can assume to be blind for some seconds as it makes you dizzy as you stare at the magnificent falls. The last time I was here was during the dry season and the view was not as beautiful as during the rainy season, it was like rain falling heavily non stop with very smooth and consistent rythm.
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mekurexx:
Hello, can I kindly use your pictures of you at the waterfall for a presentation about Nigeria? Thanks

Sure you can.
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
robosky02:

bae... happy new month tongue

Wish you same grin
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
jidxin:
oh dats cool...so wch dept re u ...if u don't mind

Psychology
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
fiyin47:

You are welcome, I hail from that town tho

Nice...a small town tho cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by robosky02(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bbsharon:

Wish you same grin

how you doing its been a while wink
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by ademijuwonlo(f): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
ogboni76:

I love your name...it's unique.....
Thanks
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Qualer: 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bbsharon:

So you saw my head spinning right ? No be only spin na rotate undecided

hhhmmm... you take style fine small... but your skin tone is to die for! wow!! grin
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by jidxin(m): 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bbsharon:

Psychology
dats cool I love d course too but a psychologist can finger sums brain oooo......just. kidding

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by fiyin47(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Bbsharon:

Nice...a small town tho cheesy

Lol yeah
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 8:35am On Dec 04, 2016
jidxin:
dats cool I love d course too but a psychologist can finger sums brain oooo......just. kidding

Lol...maybe.
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by jidxin(m): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bbsharon:

Lol...maybe.
I sent u pm but no reply. ..bet why
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by jeffronald19(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2016
Nice Clicks...!!! It's great to see this place.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by AloyalNigerian(m): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
Bbsharon:
If you are pondering on where to go this festive season or your next holiday, I would recommend you take a visit to admire the beauty of nature. This my second time of visiting this place and to my surprise I had a totally new experience of the place. The water was so white that mere looking at it for long one can assume to be blind for some seconds as it makes you dizzy as you stare at the magnificent falls. The last time I was here was during the dry season and the view was not as beautiful as during the rainy season, it was like rain falling heavily non stop with very smooth and consistent rythm.

The Olumirin waterfall is a seven step waterfall located at Oriade local government in Osun state, Nigeria which is 2km from the main town Erin Ijesha. Interestingly each step of the waterfall has a flowing fountain which to me gives it it's unique nature. Based on some myth by the people of Erin-Ijesa, they believe that there is a big pot located at the utmost top of the cliff where the waterfalls flows from.  Also the falls was said to be discovered by a powerful woman called Akinla a grand - daughter of Oduduwa who founded the Erin-Ijesha town. Legends has it that when the fall was first discovered it had the appearance of a mysterious figure and was believed to be a very tall and huge living spirit whose height reached the heavens and  has several mouths  from which the water gushed out.

The place is not so developed as the entrance looks somehow deserted and before you get to the falls is not Interesting to me at least. And I really think Osun state government is not taking the place that serious as it meant to be a very good tourist centre and source of revenue for the state. The entrance fee was 500naira for adult and 300naira for kids, and things around there are just a little bit above the normal price especially when they know you are a visitor. Ordinary 30naira shower cap those very light one is 100naira and one funny looking bottle water for 100naira too.

Another interesting part is the mountain climbing and a good exercise platform. If you are looking for a good experience of mountaineering then you should not just stop at the 2nd floor as most people that visit do but proceed further to at least the 4th floor. The first time I was here I got to the 7th floor and didn't even get much time to have fun at the falls as we were eager to get to the last floor in time. To get to the last floor takes lot of determination and strength as it's more than an hour journey and the sun on the mountain might be scorching, I remember having to massage my legs for like 3days after. So this 2nd time I just decided to  chill at the water and enjoy it to the maximum, I must say the water was very cool and refreshing and keeps one wondering about the wonders of nature. 

At the 7th floor is a little settlement not even up to a village of mud houses, though they have an electric  pole and they had light when we visited. The place is called Abake and the residents referred it to " Ilu Aba-ke " in youruba which means the village on the  top ". There was a little river where the children washed and some were playing, speaking to some of them they quite understand English as they made us know they go to school down the cliff towards " Effon Alaaye " local government in Ekiti state. Sadly there is basically no infrastructure in this place not even a little clinic. They major in farming and thereafter go to nearby villages to sell their produce.

Also to spice up your fun there is an old man who plays the talking drum, I recognized him from the last time I was here about 2years ago. He plays the instrument with so much enthusiasm and at the end you will just have to tip him generously after he must have whine you to the last (lol).

Conclusively I had a great time and would visit again if I have the chance.

Lalasticlala please help move to frontpage

http://www.demitalks.com/2016/11/beauty-of-nature-trip-to-olumirin.html?m=1
Op, when next you visit my hometown, lemme know.
Thanks for the publicity. Erin loves you. kiss
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Immorttal: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
Bbsharon:

The Olumirin waterfall is a seven step waterfall located at Oriade local government in Osun state, Nigeria which is 2km from the main town Erin Ijesha. Interestingly each step of the waterfall has a flowing fountain which to me gives it it's unique nature. Based on some myth by the people of Erin-Ijesa, they believe that there is a big pot located at the utmost top of the cliff where the waterfalls flows from.  Also the falls was said to be discovered by a powerful woman called Akinla a grand - daughter of Oduduwa who founded the Erin-Ijesha town. Legends has it that when the fall was first discovered it had the appearance of a mysterious figure and was believed to be a very tall and huge living spirit whose height reached the heavens and  has several mouths  from which the water gushed out.

The place is not so developed as the entrance looks somehow deserted and before you get to the falls is not Interesting to me at least. And I really think Osun state government is not taking the place that serious as it meant to be a very good tourist centre and source of revenue for the state. The entrance fee was 500naira for adult and 300naira for kids, and things around there are just a little bit above the normal price especially when they know you are a visitor. Ordinary 30naira shower cap those very light one is 100naira and one funny looking bottle water for 100naira too.

Another interesting part is the mountain climbing and a good exercise platform. If you are looking for a good experience of mountaineering then you should not just stop at the 2nd floor as most people that visit do but proceed further to at least the 4th floor. The first time I was here I got to the 7th floor and didn't even get much time to have fun at the falls as we were eager to get to the last floor in time. To get to the last floor takes lot of determination and strength as it's more than an hour journey and the sun on the mountain might be scorching, I remember having to massage my legs for like 3days after. So this 2nd time I just decided to  chill at the water and enjoy it to the maximum, I must say the water was very cool and refreshing and keeps one wondering about the wonders of nature. 

At the 7th floor is a little settlement not even up to a village of mud houses, though they have an electric  pole and they had light when we visited. The place is called Abake and the residents referred it to " Ilu Aba-ke " in youruba which means the village on the  top ". There was a little river where the children washed and some were playing, speaking to some of them they quite understand English as they made us know they go to school down the cliff towards " Effon Alaaye " local government in Ekiti state. Sadly there is basically no infrastructure in this place not even a little clinic. They major in farming and thereafter go to nearby villages to sell their produce.

Also to spice up your fun there is an old man who plays the talking drum, I recognized him from the last time I was here about 2years ago. He plays the instrument with so much enthusiasm and at the end you will just have to tip him generously after he must have whine you to the last (lol).

Conclusively I had a great time and would visit again if I have the chance.

Lalasticlala please help move to frontpage

http://www.demitalks.com/2016/11/beauty-of-nature-trip-to-olumirin.html?m=1
nice waterfall,. when are you taking me there cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by dingbang(m): 7:44am On Jan 03, 2017
Bbsharon:

Harry song was right about his song... " your boo has a boo" cheesy
ehen Sharon happy new year, I want to visit this place this easter , since you have been there, I really would appreciate ur guidance ... Please
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Immorttal: 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
dingbang:
ehen Sharon happy new year, I want to visit this place this easter , since you have been there, I really would appreciate ur guidance ... Please
am from eastern nigeria, bbsharon pls we need guidance abeg.
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
Immorttal:
nice waterfall,. when are you taking me there cheesy

When do you want to go there ? grin
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
dingbang:

Alright...send a pm am in osun state.
Re: Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) by dingbang(m): 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bbsharon:

Alright...send a pm am in osun state.
sent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated / Girl Hit By A Speeding Vehicle Escapes Death. Photos / Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.