Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS (30159 Views)

Mentally Unstable Lady In Skimpy Outfit Causes A Scene In Owerri. Photos / Man Who Returned From London For Christmas Roaming The Streets Of Lagos (Photos) / Mentally Unstable Woman Gives Birth To A Bouncing Baby Girl In Rivers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by Trexnemesis(m): 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
eduson002:
Good deed helping her. But you shouldn't have given out her privacy posting pictures of her online.

That was rhe best thing to do in order for her relatives or friends to locate her. Afterall, she had already ' gone public '.
Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by deji2009(m): 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
A man with a big heart has narrated how he helped a mentally unstable lady who was roaming the streets of Abuja. Ray Ugba Morphy and his colleagues mobilized to help admit the lady in a psychiatric hospital -with the man (Ray) registered as her next of kin. Her pictures were shared online to help locate her people.

Read what Ray Ugba Morphy shared on Facebook

On Monday, 28th November, at about 5pm, at Asokoro, in Abuja, I saw just by Ecowas building, a young woman of about 26 years roaming the streets and speaking to herself. She was obviously unwell, probably newly mad. Her clothes were just dirty, not torn yet, she had an afro hairdo, and she had a bag and she looked forlon and rather sad!

In that girl, a saw a soul crying for help. She could be my sister, your sister or even anyone's daughter. So I approached her. She spoke well, an evidence of good breeding. But then after being initially friendly, she became very hostile when I began to probe her. My intention was to see if i could get info to enable me reach her people. She wouldn't or couldn't tell. All she would say is that she is from London and her name, Chika. Of course, this information from her, may or may not be true.

So I left her, as it was getting late. So on Tuesday, early in the morning, I mobilised my staff and we got cracking. Some went in search for her on the streets while I went online in search of a psychiatric hospital or unit. We drew a blank. But luckily after physical visits to all government hospitals in Abuja, we finally found one at Karu.

Meanwhile those searching the streets for her could only locate her at about 4pm in the evening being that she is mobile and ambulatory.

To cut a long story short, I can now report that the lady in this pix is now (Tuesday 29/11/2016) safely admitted in a psychiatric hospital. It wasn't easy but she has been admitted with me registered as her next of kin. And she is responding to treatment. She is simply suffering from treatable mental illness and no one should be abandoned the way our society seems to abandon the mentally ill. Sure, it cost me time and money, but it is worth every bit of it.

We still have not been able to get any information from her regarding her family or her people. So please, contact me via inbox if you know her.

Meanwhile, can we all share very widely until someone can identify her and come for her. It is very likely that her people are also searching for her.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/11/how-man-helped-mentally-unstable-woman.html

God will rewad you my brother/sister !

Mental Health Nurse

Deji

UK
Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by Ezzyk94(m): 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
janice321:
Buhari making people mad by force!!!

Lwkmd
Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by sweeteyen111: 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
I know this girl very well
She attended twin fountain secondary school warri
She normally come to my school at aunty rose secondary school ugboroke warri,to visit her friend(mercy) who is was one class lower than me,
I normally stare at her because of her long hair and dark skinny sick,she has the cutes eyes I have ever seen then, I always admire her because she is beautiful,
I never heard her spoke .
In 2012 I saw this girl at GRA portharcout I was shocked because I recognized her immediately I saw her she was wearing dirty cloth but not turn,she was on bare feet , her long hair is gone but she still has the curly hair,
She just walk pass so I stare to wondering what happen to the pretty girl I once admired.
I left portharcourt to owerri that day and I was troubled
Wen I got to warri I tried describing her to my old class mate but no one no what I was saying cos I don't no her name and I don't have her picture
Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by sweeteyen111: 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
She normally come to my school at aunty rose secondary school ugboroke warri,to visit her friend(mercy) who is was one class lower than me,
I normally stare at her because of her long hair and dark skinny sick,she has the cutes eyes I have ever seen then, I always admire her because she is beautiful,
In 2012 I saw this girl at GRA portharcout I was shocked because I recognized her immediately I saw her she was wearing dirty cloth but not torn,she was on bare feet , her long hair is gone but she still has the curly hair,
She just walk pass so I stare to wondering what happen to the pretty girl I once admired.
Wen I got to warri I tried describing her to my old class mate but no one no what I was saying cos I don't no her name and I don't have her picture
Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by iukpe: 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
sweeteyen111:
In 2012 I saw this girl at GRA portharcout I was shocked because I recognized her immediately I saw her she was wearing dirty cloth but not torn,she was on bare feet , her long hair is gone but she still has the curly hair,

At least a good start to trace where she might come from. Who knows, her family might be searching for her too.
Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by sweeteyen111: 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
God bless you sir.
She normally come to my school at aunty rose secondary school ugboroke warri,to visit her friend (mercy)who is was one class lower than me,
Wen I got to warri I tried describing her to my old class mate but no one no what I was saying cos I don't no her name and I don't have her picture.
With this picture I can help locate them I believe they are still here in warri
Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by whoisuche: 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Longcucumber:
Na people like that man day go heaven(if there is anything like heaven)not all those religious hypocritic element wa there hell fire sure die(if there is anything like hell fire).

There is Heaven and Hell.
Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by Longcucumber(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
whoisuche:

Re: How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS by Longcucumber(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
whoisuche:

without evidential fact.thanks dude but my intellectual entity do not accept unprocess rumour.thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uniabuja Student Gives Birth In The Hostel By Herself / 11-Year-Old Blind And Cripple Girl Abandoned By Her Parents In Akwa Ibom / Man Swallows Phone To Prevent Wife From Reading His Texts: Ends Up In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.