Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price (20516 Views)

Data Price To Drop By 60% by 2025, Says Pantami / Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by seunmsg(m): 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
The planned hike doesn't make sense anyway. NCC as a regulator has no business dictating prices to telecoms operator. If new entrants into the communication sector have no grand strategy on how to capture a significant share of the market other than bribing NCC officials to force other operators to hike data prices, they they should quietly exit the market for more serious operators to come in.

The telecoms sector was liberalised so that Nigerians can benefit from the resultant price competition. NCC should not be allowed to kill the liberalisation with this poorly thought out and draconian price fixing regime.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by kinibigdeal(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
Oga, for your information. I sent text messages to both APC and PDP senators on the proposed data hike some days ago, only PDP senators responded promising to discuss it today. Sen: ekweremadu and Guy-Murray Bruce did respond. Even Guy Bruce went to facebook to vent is anger towards it, no single APC senators are concerned about it. Without opposition lawmakers, we are all dead. Try to use your head
Godvilla:
Those in support of data increase angrily left the house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by trinity11(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
undecidedI don't even knw where to start,
am suppose to renew my sub today, and to think that the spirit is willing but the body is weak.
if u knw wat i mean
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Temptee101(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
For the first time i say, well done the senate! I hope they see to the very end of it. They should effect the sack of that useless NCC man
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Plan work, all of dem are on the same page, dey shoe stop pretending bby

Una plan don fail woooo ojukokoro ole dem,

Lyka said dey shoe stop pretending

Who wrote this scripts, it got Nigerians o,,all of dem
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by dustmalik: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Oga, for your information. I sent text messages to both APC and PDP senators on the proposed data hike some days ago, only PDP senators responded promising to discuss it today. Sen: ekweremadu and Guy-Murray Bruce did respond. Even Guy Bruce went to facebook to vent is anger towards it, no single APC senators are concerned about it. Without opposition lawmakers, we are all dead. Try to use your head
How do we verify if you are telling the truth? By the way, your response to his post makes no sense at all.
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by LEXYCOM: 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
They are only making us to feel like they are working.......stupid piple
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by kinibigdeal(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
Thats your headache. Hope you've learnt your lessons
dustmalik:

How do we verify if you are telling the truth? By the way, your response to his post makes no sense at all.
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by BIBILARY(m): 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
kk
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Are u high on some cheap Oshogbo weed?
What has ur long epistle got to do with me?
Tune to NTA international and watch a replay.
Nonsense and ingredients
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
dustmalik:

Am sure he was typing under the influence of cheap weed.
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by goshen26: 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
Acos925:
Sincerely....for the very 1st time. senate actually impressed naija on this one

Yinmu
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by dustmalik: 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Godvilla:
Am sure he was typing under the influence of cheap weed.
I thought as much.
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by samhay: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
kinibigdeal:

Y r u angry with OP? He only reported Wat he saw without mentioning names or party
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by macanu(m): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
Their children don cry 4 their head,so d sentors dont have any choice den to fight it,bubu no get smart phone sha so I guess he does not knw wht it mean to subscribe 1k and get 3.2G a month and Wht u can do With dat.do they even use internet in dat rock huz in abj sef I wonda who direct dat order(anyway oldmen with IBM 1960s brains)Am thinking if it was possible to arrest nigerians 4 cheap data Department for stupid shit heads go find u.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by kechywillz(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Abeg,senate help us #Saveoursoul for this murderous irrational Cattle rearer called Buhari wants to finish us.
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by kennyanju(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
Do something about it
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ncc-please-dont-increase-the-cost-of-data
Please sign the petition and share

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
NCC and every political demon planning to frustrate our existence....y'all should get ready

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by PhonePlanet(m): 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
dasphinx1:
if true, well done Nigerians!!!!! smiley @phoneplanet, i salute you bro!!!!! wink
congratulatuons to everybody
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by buffalowings: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Useless buhari

We will continue to let him be on his toes

Such a slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Jerryojozy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
For the first time, the senate have my love. Nice one
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by exlinkleads(f): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
ok
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by southernbelle(f): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
whirlwind7:
That ancient relic they made a minister of communication...the dinosaur claimed he wasn't aware of NCC giving the directive to telecoms companies to increase data tariffs.
That has been the hallmark of Buhari's government: outright and shamelessly lying its way out of its responsibilities.
The only people who aren't tired of Nigeria's non existing government by now are the ones in the mortuary and six feet under.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by mohammadusalisu(m): 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
if its true they stop it then heil them
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
See! Nairalanders Agog! over Senate move to Stop hike in data Tariff, See! Dem Endorsing Senators for Continuity 2019, if and only if They (senators) can stop NCC / Telecom operators from...
Obviously, this should be d only Motion so far by the Senate that would hv direct impact on our daily lives if only it will be implemented, which I pray n hope that it will be surely slashed from the alleged price tag of #3k for 1.5 gb to something lesser, b/w #1500 ~#2000.
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Efisko1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
Seenyo:
From the communique, this is just a TEMPORARY RESPITE!..#ALUTA CONTINUA!

Victoria asata

1 Like

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
Gbam!
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Afamcy: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
senators they condem am becos this one no go favour them. yeye people
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by purplekayc(m): 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dz better be true

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Upgrading From Android 2.2.1 (froyo) To 2.2.3 (ginjerbread), How Is It Done? / How To Root And Install Cwm On Lenovo K3 Note / My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.