Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

NCC Suspends Data Price Increase - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase (36501 Views)

MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards / FG Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by lucidlex: 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Now, this is hard 2 believe. If as it is right now Etisalat goes for 0.94/KB yl others are lesser and NCC proposes 0.90/KB flat rate to favour 'SMALLER OPERATORS', it therefore shows that even one of d big operators goes about its own biz at a higher price yet has millions of subscribers. In other words, we don't need ur messed up regulation or flat rate for any Teleco to attract subscribers. Btw, hw is it ur business to attract subscribers? You want competition, you've got it. Kuku say some of y'all up dere including d new board members cleared by d Senate have vested interests in these 'small operators'. And I remember NCC denied issuing the directive for increment.
Conclusively, you don't like us and we know so do not, I repeat, DO NOT pretend dt u took d decision to hike it in our collective interest

2 Likes

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by jozz(m): 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ikegodng:
This is were they always get things wrong, why not do a proper consultation with this same stakeholders before coming to announce increment. NCC have a long way to go

Forget it.They know what is proper and what is not.Avoiding consultation is intentional.Ncc and the telcos know the idea will be staunchly rejected,the best course of action is to force it on subscribers hence the last minute information before implementation date.

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by emitope: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Someone just decided to fleece Nigerians and we are just happy they werent allowed to....
How about we ask how and why? We shouldn't be myopic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
Govt of the people!
God bless PMB!
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Useless people. God punish Buhari and that Minister that looks like Zakzakky
Receive sense!
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by stsinner: 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
kechywillz:
Better wink Now Sarki and Murray Bruce has just won my respect, Thanks to u guys n may God punish NCC for nurturing such a wicked policy
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Snakeeyes08: 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Ahmadgani(m): 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
some people right now
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by FunkyMetahuman: 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
saintmark88:
This is not enough, somebody in the ministry of communication and the NCC has to pay for this..... Buhari hats sack person or person gets resign for even coming up with this madness
gbammmm
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Fourwinds: 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
useless people

Emefiele must be sic
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Cmiller(m): 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
Thank God
very first time this government heard my wailing..
#ProudWailer
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Frankiss44(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
dunkem21:
God bless wailers cheesy
Wailing for a better Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Nickymezor(f): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
Wat a great news... Na gode Allah
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by richard870(m): 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
What's this for goodness sake?
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by joshikenna1(m): 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
Whatever made them increase the price of data was greatly contributed by MTN and probably Airtel. Why?

According to recent subscription statistics released by NCC, MTN has been losing data subscribers at a constant rate while Glo has been gaining massive new data subscribers on their network beceof their extra cheap data. MTN, Airtel and Etisalat and the majority of the smaller ISPs could not compete and therefore had to file complaints to NCC, lobbying them to initiate this new directive.

If you've noticed, both MTN and Airtel have been strongly informing their customers of the new NCC directive but Glo has refused to comment as they are not happy with this directive. why?

This is why. Glo's strong point has always been their cheap data. They even call themselves the 'grandmasters of data'. But unfortunately the quality of their network cannot compete with that of MTN. But still Nigerians have preferred Glo's cheap data with their fair network quality. If this new data floor price (minimum price every network must sell data) is implemented by NCC, Glo will lose hugely. Just take a scenario where both MTN and Glo are both offering #1000 for 1gb, more people will opt for MTN because of their quality network and Glo will wither in the long run.

What NCC wants in essence is 'completion in quality of network' and not completion for cheapest data. They want to level the playing field. Though, this was influenced by MTN and others.

On my part, I completely disagree with this move on NCC's part. They should leave the competition to the network operators. Afterall not everyone will use Glo as some people prefer quality over quantity and others prefer quantity over quality. It's a choice Nigerians should make not NCC. That's why it's called 'competition'

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
Samexdx:
lols... If thunder dey obey humans nko? cheesy
you and no where buhari for dey by nowgrin

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
Hahaha, really? cheesy
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by blackprowler: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
Is this how to run a freaking country? You just wake up one day and declare something, and people fight back and you rescind it for "further consultation". Why didn't you do that before? When did the government start to control prices of private sector goods and services? What kind of country is this I think the last few sane ones like us will eventually escape or die out and Nigeria will become a proper zoo and jungle for only animals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by slimsoshady(m): 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
People without target..we youths must fight to b in better decision making offices..if a youth was in charge this lubbish wouldn't have come up in the furst place..
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by ERO32: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
[/quote] embarassed now i can se that buhari is detamined to fail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Ikegodng(m): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
jozz:

Forget it.They know what is proper and what is not.Avoiding consultation is intentional.Ncc and the telcos know the idea will be staunchly rejected,the best course of action is to force it on subscribers hence the last minute information before implementation date.

Don't attack me man, did u read the press release "that they did proper consultation with stakeholders" hence my initial message. One lovee
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by striker9(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
Seriously buhari has lost it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by abusadiq05: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Don't promote shady investments like betting, HYIP, MLM, FOREX, binary options, and cryptocurrencies on Nairaland.

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by davide470(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
After buying 10GB worth of data on my phone to anticipate their rubbish decree

Mtcheeew angry I need a refund!!
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by breezeng: 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
Loading.... .. ... ...... .....

[size=28pt]10 GBOSAA FOR SARAKI[/size]
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by pacespot(m): 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Since they prevented them from OVERLY increasing the price of data, I hope they won't COVERTLY increase it by speeding up the consumption rate of the data bundle. Before you browse a few pages, your 1.5 gig is already exhausted

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by gsmart7: 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
FG should just scrap those guys
They are meant to be negotiating lower rates not increase

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by oviejnr(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
MTN will not like this news, they are known for extortion. Glo with pride!
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Forwetinnah: 6:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
Sooooooo if to say Senate no stop this broad day light robbery, na so boooooohari and his conglomerate of Kunu slippers aka Northern cabal for just use common man shine? Haaaaa!! Mogbe!! Are these people human at all?! I even heard the FG will be taxing any call above 3 mins grin . Hoooooooooo my gaaaawd!!!

Newflash!!!! Boooooohari is already saving money to rig 2019 to blazes. All these taxes here and there are being saved up to rig and pay off opposition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Azeeztaophic(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
thank God
Re: NCC Suspends Data Price Increase by Obason22(m): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
why they don't increase DSTV also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan / Infinix Hot 6 Pro Specifications And Price In Nigeria, Kenya / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.