Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? (24038 Views)

The Top 10 World’s Most Expensive Phones Ever Created / Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies / Most Expensive Phones Money Can Buy (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 4:43am On Dec 02, 2016
Passed here sha...
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Bhuldoxxa(m): 6:49am On Dec 02, 2016
Them dey buy am now.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by lazeal: 6:53am On Dec 02, 2016
NinjaX:
Why would a teenager waste money on such expensive commodity?

I know you're trying to make sense on the importance of persistent hardwork, which by the way is applaudable, but the example you cited to lend more credence to your assertion was badly thought out.

Buying a laptop is not the bone of contention here. But purchasing an irrelevant stuff as iphone 7 at a very tender age is a poor decision, a route travelled far deep into the land of misguidedness.

What's so special about Iphones sef? What can it do that other phones can't? Mtcheeew!

Oh, it's not even a Nigerian scenario. To the waste bin, this thread!

You are wrong! I think you you should have focused on terms of usage by the end user, which to me, the cited quote from quora seem to be one of a well focused teenager, which is highly also lacking in Nigerian teenagers. You digg?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by lonelydora: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2016
Op, you are not in Nigeria, remember.

For here ehhh.... these girls run after men, and the boys do a lot of stealing before they can afford the phones.

Ask any Port Harcourt girl what she wants, they will always say phones not less than 100k, and you begin to wonder if the said girl is by any chance related to Dangote.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 02, 2016
Where in Nigeria can you find a job that pays the American minimum wage of $10 per hour? I have an online job and I am paid just an average of $3 for every 10 minutes of documents I transcribe, and transcribing a 10 minute document can sometimes take up to 2 hours.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by ovokate(f): 7:00am On Dec 02, 2016
If only it was easy to get part time jobs in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by austinbrown: 7:10am On Dec 02, 2016
By sleeping with sugar daddies

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Prime4Val(m): 7:13am On Dec 02, 2016
here in 9ja na bet9ja grin

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Adiwana: 7:15am On Dec 02, 2016
NinjaX:
Why would a teenager waste money on such expensive commodity?

I know you're trying to make sense on the importance of persistent hardwork, which by the way is applaudable, but the example you cited to lend more credence to your assertion was badly thought out.

Buying a laptop is not the bone of contention here. But purchasing an irrelevant stuff as iphone 7 at a very tender age is a poor decision, a route travelled far deep into the land of misguidedness.

What's so special about Iphones sef? What can it do that other phones can't? Mtcheeew!

Oh, it's not even a Nigerian scenario. To the waste bin, this thread!
Typical Nigerian poor man mentality..Always bitter.if you could buy an iphone7 or achieve all your or even half of your dreams before 20yrs,wouldn't you have been appreciative?What's so special about iPhone?but if person like Justin bieber wey be teenager dash you one or even Samsung galaxy s7,you No go take abi?That's pure hypocrisy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Mr2kay2: 7:16am On Dec 02, 2016
AjalaJ:
How do teenagers afford these crazy expensive phones and computers these days?

I'm 17 years old, and have an iPhone 7 and am currently building a PC that will end up costing ~$3500.

So how do I afford it?

Most people will say their parents, but mine have taught me that if I want something, I need to work for it. So I got a job.

I work 20–30 hours a week, mostly after school and sometimes on the weekend. I make $10.10 an hour, pretty good considering the minimum wage is $7.25. I enjoy my works, sometimes it can be a little stressful to balance it with school but I deal with it as best as I can. I maintain all A and B grades, so they do not suffer because of work.

And I get to afford the things I want without the help of my parents.

Source: https://www.quora.com/How-do-teenagers-afford-these-crazy-expensive-phones-and-computers-these-days

Neteller here: www..com.ng

This is not a Nigerian hoha

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Rilwayne001: 7:17am On Dec 02, 2016
Elxandre:
Good luck getting a $10/hour job in Nigeria( N5000). grin
Even a Nigerian graduate can only dream of that.

N5,000 x 30hours = shocked shocked Per week

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2016
Summer jobs

No time for laziness. Every summer it's a must I have a job. It's getting embarrassing always asking my parents. Also 17 cheesy

Last summer earned 510€ in 10 days cheesy

All I had to do was clean for 8 hours pro day

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 02, 2016
lonelydora:
Op, you are not in Nigeria, remember.

For here ehhh.... these girls run after men, and the boys do a lot of stealing before they can afford the phones.

Ask any Port Harcourt girl what she wants, they will always say phones not less than 100k, and you begin to wonder if the said girl is by any chance related to Dangote.
I get what you mean but you are very wrong when you say that the girls run after men while the boys steal. There are legit jobs being done by some girls and same goes for the guys. The fact that you've come across some that act that way doesn't mean you should generalize it. That is simply a fallacy. It doesn't always have to boil down to these vices.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Adiwana: 7:25am On Dec 02, 2016
Many people I know use tecno/infinix/phones.But those using Samsung/HTC buy reburfished.Then iphone,straight from the shop
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 02, 2016
u too can make some cash too

check ma signature

its safe

You CAN’T Get Scammed
There is no middle man, no one to hold your money. No admin, No one managing the funds. The money will go directly to your account so it’s impossible for anyone to scam you. People will send money to your account. you can use PayPal, skrill e.t.c
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by fhelihx(m): 7:27am On Dec 02, 2016
Truthfully nowadays purchasing those kinda phone is now simpler through MMM tongue
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Benwems(m): 7:28am On Dec 02, 2016
Most teenage girls with expensive phones are olosho while must teenage girls with expensive phones are yahoo guys. #CaseClosed.

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by superflystan(m): 7:34am On Dec 02, 2016
rich kids, making poor decisions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by ANGELLILLY(f): 7:40am On Dec 02, 2016
well you try..nairalanders how do i post some thing for people to veiw?am new here
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by mebad(m): 7:40am On Dec 02, 2016
NinjaX:

Except you hail from a wealthy family. Any teen who puts his back to work, only to use the funds derived therein to get Iphone 7 needs thorough mental evaluation. And needs to redefine his priorities.

Well, to each his own...

Everyone has a right to spend their money on things they consider a priority, be it an iphone 7 or creating more wealth.

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by juman(m): 7:44am On Dec 02, 2016
checkpoint:
Our parents don't know our exact school fees or house rent cost. Make una double una hustle and stop making noise here. Abeg who get note 5 for sale or swap with iPhone 6s.

Also a lot of money for handouts etc from parents.

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2016
For the girls, its easy. We know how dey do it

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by juman(m): 7:48am On Dec 02, 2016
Benwems:
Most teenage girls with expensive phones are olosho while must teenage girls with expensive phones are yahoo guys. #CaseClosed.

Of course nigeria of today many many ladies are oloshos.

Bad decisions of babangiga, obasanjo, jonathan, buhari etc have turned many many ladies to prostitutes.

Man go survive any way.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by InvertedHammer: 7:50am On Dec 02, 2016
/
Expensive little gadgets are made for poor people to have a little sense of belonging.

\

4 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by odinese(m): 7:59am On Dec 02, 2016
ANGELLILLY:
well you try..nairalanders how do i post some thing for people to veiw?am new here
Go to-----: Home

Click on the section u want e.g----:romance,autos,jokes,sport etc...

Then u gonna see create new topics... LA click on it...

Post whatever u wanna post.

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Walecoker65(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2016
Let's talk about Naija pls, we don't earn dollars here, we don't work hours here, infact gan job scarce here! Wetin man go do na, and man go subscribe, man go use expensive phone angry

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by ShakurM(m): 8:13am On Dec 02, 2016
Adiwana:

Typical Nigerian poor man mentality..Always bitter.if you could buy an iphone7 or achieve all your or even half of your dreams before 20yrs,wouldn't you have been appreciative?What's so special about iPhone?but if person like Justin bieber wey be teenager dash you one or even Samsung galaxy s7,you No go take abi?That's pure hypocrisy
ehh sir, Justin Bieber is not a teenager
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by ikp120(m): 8:25am On Dec 02, 2016
lovelygurl:
Summer jobs

No time for laziness. Every summer it's a must I have a job. It's getting embarrassing always asking my parents. Also 17 cheesy

Last summer earned 510€ in 10 days cheesy

All I had to do was clean for 8 hours pro day

I'm impressed! I love hard working ladieswink

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Benwems(m): 8:26am On Dec 02, 2016
juman:

Of course nigeria of today many many ladies are oloshos.

Bad decisions of babangiga, obasanjo, jonathan, buhari etc have turned many many ladies to prostitutes.

Man go survive any way.
its long throat and make it fast mentality that is affecting them. Must they carry expensive phone and expensive hairs

2 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by eedrees(m): 8:34am On Dec 02, 2016
checkpoint:
Our parents don't know our exact school fees or house rent cost. Make una double una hustle and stop making noise here. Abeg who get note 5 for sale or swap with iPhone 6s.
U wanna sell ur 6s??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Account Hacked / Keke Operator Finds & Returns Airtime Worth Of N80,000 In Owerri , Gets Rewarded / Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.