Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,803 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? (24031 Views)

The Top 10 World’s Most Expensive Phones Ever Created / Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies / Most Expensive Phones Money Can Buy (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by bigtt76(f): 8:40am On Dec 02, 2016
They don't pay cash!! Once you're working, you're credit worthy undecided

chalondk:

Did u read dat article.. . He/She owns an iphone 7! It doesnt get more materialistic dan dat.
Dat doesn't even sound like warren buffets children

Besides, it doesnt add up. 20 - 30 hours

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by 1990news: 8:42am On Dec 02, 2016
checkpoint:
Our parents don't know our exact school fees or house rent cost. Make una double una hustle and stop making noise here. Abeg who get note 5 for sale or swap with iPhone 6s.
let's swap with Nokia asha 201 , will balance you 3k. grin grin
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 02, 2016
why is someone copypasting stories that do not apply to nigeria?

the jobs available to teenagers are people's full time jobs over here. shop attendant, eatery worker , that sort of thing. there is also a full contingent of the poor available to fill those jobs. the only way an ajebutter for whom such a job is just a means to pocket money to get that sort of job is executive intervention.

how do teenagers get expensive phones? easy. they buy 'uk used' [which is really nigeria stolen] for a fraction of the market price. end of.

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by timmycris(m): 8:50am On Dec 02, 2016
well I no dy do yahoo or MMM. I have an iphone 6. you quote me, I kill you
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by davi1242(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2016
Pls hu knows where i can get these pins used in making lapel roses

1 Share

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 02, 2016
Tolzeal:
Bleep I'm coming to update ...:

You all are so so naive of what the internet is saying ....

NO YAHOO... No MMM ... No whatever you guys are calling it up there

The problem is majority are not expanding their horizon and blame their parents and government for been poor.

I'm no rich guy yet with lotta wealth ... But I've seen many teenagers fulfilling their dreams at such tender age. There're programs that makes it possible.

One thing Nigerians lack is Dedication And Hard work. Thats why you majority running over get money quick systems. And when things turns out the bad way they become broke again .

Please don't die poor ... Don't blame the rich ... take those instances as source of inspiration.

pls sir examples of such programs Sir.

I do have one, but it's not a consistent one.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 02, 2016
01kingjames01:
Take a minute to see this video, it describe a simple way to make money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFj72hrUZt4
And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfjNPjGLhwk
Call or whatsapp me for more info 0903 734 5378

pls Sir. I don't have mb to watch those vids. a little explanation will help
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by donMIG(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2016
That boi they call boifriend
Or that boi dey call mugu
Or d mumu sugar daddy
If its a guy
Den him go save all him moni for baffs
Or enta west coast buy fairly used one dei flash am like say him get moni for new one

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 02, 2016
Where in abroad are you?
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by beegs(m): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2016
Elxandre:
Good luck getting a $10/hour job in Nigeria( N5000). grin
Even a Nigerian graduate can only dream of that.

Don't mind him/her. Am a graduate and have been working for federal government for the past 6 years, ever day plus Xmas sef and I hardly get paid more than that $10 PER DAY

2 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Pylony(m): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2016
For many Teenagers not working from poor background, where else do you expect them to get such expensive devices if not from Sugar daddy and Mummies.. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by FreeSpirited: 10:13am On Dec 02, 2016
lovelygurl:
Summer jobs

No time for laziness. Every summer it's a must I have a job. It's getting embarrassing always asking my parents. Also 17 cheesy

Last summer earned 510€ in 10 days cheesy

All I had to do was clean for 8 hours pro day
There's dignity in labour my dear..... Some shallow gals would have thought of prostitution.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by ItuExchange(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2016
Owo ti omode ba koko ri, akara lo ma fi je. The first money a teenager gets would be spent on consumption.

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Cheedoh: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2016
Una dey talk nonsense,person wey dey make $300 a week and iPhone 7 is $600,iphones are not a big deal over there..if he makes $300 a week,which is about $1200 a month, calculate in naira and tell me..no dey hate on the young boy

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Edusouls(m): 10:42am On Dec 02, 2016
Vorpal:
This reminds me of Warren Buffet,one of the most men in america. He made his first investment into stock market at about 11 years old.

We seem to be breeding a generation of slaves to material things. I think its said,you make money work for you not ceaselessly work for money till you die.
yesso i love ur quote,we re in the generation of slaves to material things and also untimely death...

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by olasubomi007(m): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2016
NinjaX:

Except you hail from a wealthy family. Any teen who puts his back to work, only to use the funds derived therein to get Iphone 7 needs thorough mental evaluation. And needs to redefine his priorities.

Well, to each his own...

I agree with the bolded

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by nueldozzy(m): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2016
NinjaX:
Why would a teenager waste money on such expensive commodity?

I know you're trying to make sense on the importance of persistent hardwork, which by the way is applaudable, but the example you cited to lend more credence to your assertion was badly thought out.

Buying a laptop is not the bone of contention here. But purchasing an irrelevant stuff as iphone 7 at a very tender age is a poor decision, a route travelled far deep into the land of misguidedness.

What's so special about Iphones sef? What can it do that other phones can't? Mtcheeew!

Oh, it's not even a Nigerian scenario. To the waste bin, this thread!
lol...17 na tender age?ah dey fear my 16yr old cousin sef...see dope cars wey dey carry am....mtcheeeew
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
NinjaX:
Why would a teenager waste money on such expensive commodity?

I know you're trying to make sense on the importance of persistent hardwork, which by the way is applaudable, but the example you cited to lend more credence to your assertion was badly thought out.

Buying a laptop is not the bone of contention here. But purchasing an irrelevant stuff as iphone 7 at a very tender age is a poor decision, a route travelled far deep into the land of misguidedness.

What's so special about Iphones sef? What can it do that other phones can't? Mtcheeew!

Oh, it's not even a Nigerian scenario. To the waste bin, this thread!

Man, you are so bitter. What the Bleep does age as to do with this?!

Besides it's more like a POCKET MONEY, EXTRA MONEY. Not the money he earns for a living because that would not even be enough.

Instead of you encouraging teens to work and not always asking mummy and daddy you here displaying your bitterness

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Elxandre(m): 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Where in Nigeria can you find a job that pays the American minimum wage of $10 per hour? I have an online job and I am paid just an average of $3 for every 10 minutes of documents I transcribe, and transcribing a 10 minute document can sometimes take up to 2 hours.
Bros please what site do you work on?
Should I drop my whatsapp?
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
nueldozzy:
lol...17 na tender age?ah dey fear my 16yr old cousin sef...see dope cars wey dey carry am....mtcheeeew
Are you sure you understood the OP?

Read slowly the comment you made, read mine again, compare the two, then ask yourself whether your post makes any atom of sense in relation to mine.

Next time apply reason before barging into conversations instead of hastily jumping to nonsense statements that does not in anyway relate to the topic of discourse.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Elxandre(m): 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2016
lovelygurl:
Summer jobs

No time for laziness. Every summer it's a must I have a job. It's getting embarrassing always asking my parents. Also 17 cheesy

Last summer earned 510€ in 10 days cheesy

All I had to do was clean for 8 hours pro day
510€*550= maybe N270,000.

This same job will fetch you not more than N5000 in Nigeria.
You would certainly prefer to rely on your parents, except they are really less privileged.

Westerners know nothing about laziness!

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
mebad:

Everyone has a right to spend their money on things they consider a priority, be it an iphone 7 or creating more wealth.

Well, I signed my post off on the note that people have different perspectives.

Didn't you see the "Well, to each his own" part on my post?
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
Elxandre:

510€*550= maybe N270,000.

This same job will fetch you not more than N5000 in Nigeria.
You would certainly prefer to rely on your parents, except they are really less privileged.

Westerners know nothing about laziness!

I don't think I would have still preferred to rely on my parents. It's not always about how much you earn, it's about TRYING. My parents could have given me that money too, but I preferred to work. Besides 1 of my friends in Nigeria, also 17 years works as a lesson teacher. His parents aren't poor. They can't even be considered average!

Kids start working here at age 13. Taking dogs out etc. They don't earn a lot. Their parents are capable of giving that money to them. It's about taking responsibility at a young age. Not getting everything thrown at you but instead working for it.

David's Beckham son was once working in a restaurant think it was Burger King or Mac donalds , not sure.

Not because his parents can't afford to give him what he wants but he should also learn that life is not always easy.

The 'rich' kids in Nigeria all get everything from their parents. Laziness at its peak.
The 'average' are too proud to do some minor jobs as if they would be doing it for life
The 'poor' are more like forced into it to be able to cope.
Some will go into yahoo, some into prostitution

My first job was at 14. I only earned 25€. I bought my mum 1 reeeaaaally cheap chain. It was so fake. It only costed 5€. The kind of chain that the moment it touches water all the 'gold' will be gone. Although mum of course had better, waaaay better chains, she still wore mine. Not because it was better but because she appreciated the gesture. It's not always about how much you earn. It's more to that, taking responsibility is just 1 of them .

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by SRK1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
I need a review on Fiverr.

I will pay you the Naira equivalent at a very FINE rate.

I will be doing SMS money transfer, so you will get an instant payment. Thanks!

Contact NOW at: yourwriter01@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
lazeal:

You are wrong! I think you you should have focused on terms of usage by the end user, which to me, the cited quote from quora seem to be one of a well focused teenager,

Focused or not, what function can an Iphone serve that a laptop can't? Did you even take a minute to thoughtfully consider the circumstances surrounding what you opined?

Laptops come in various grades, you can get a laptop that is relatively cheaper than Iphone 7. I Know you know this. Fine.

Say peradventure, by ill-fate, the phone gets stolen, wouldn't that be a great loss to the owner? Not to mention the high cost of maintaining Iphones. And the added fact that he/she probably has other pressing needs to cater for. So I think you are the one who is wrong.

I wonder why you failed to see the hardwork I hinted at, but chose instead to pick loop-holes. Whatever your aims were for doing that.

[b]which is highly also lacking in Nigerian teenagers. You digg?

Myopic generalisation.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
lovelygurl:
Man, you are so bitter. What the Bleep does age as to do with this?!

Nope. You are very _stupid. So _stupid for assuming I'm "bitter" because I refuse to celebrate stupidity.

[s]Besides it's more like a POCKET MONEY, EXTRA MONEY. Not the money he earns for a living because that would not even be enough[/s]

Bullshit!

You have comprehension issues.

Let me put it to you again incase you didn't get it, I asserted I'm not against hustling, whether you a teen or adult, but a teen should not go into unnecessary spending, until he is established to an extent. That's the whole idea. One who intends to be successful in the aspect of finance does not go about wasting funds on triffling items.

Hope this is not too complex for your brain to comprehend?

Instead of you encouraging teens to work and not always asking mummy and daddy you here displaying your bitterness

Isn't that what I did in my opening post? Seems you have a knack for making a fool out of yourself. You don't sound bright at all. No apologies, ma'am.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
Elxandre:

Bros please what site do you work on?
Should I drop my whatsapp?
OK drop your number
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Elxandre(m): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
lovelygurl:

I don't think I would have still preferred to rely on my parents. It's not always about how much you earn, it's about TRYING. My parents could have given me that money too, but I preferred to work. Besides 1 of my friends in Nigeria, also 17 years works as a lesson teacher. His parents aren't poor. They can't even be considered average!

Kids start working here at age 13. Taking dogs out etc. They don't earn a lot. Their parents are capable of giving that money to them. It's about taking responsibility at a young age. Not getting everything thrown at you but instead working for it.

David's Beckham son was once working in a restaurant think it was Burger King or Mac donalds , not sure.

Not because his parents can't afford to give him what he wants but he should also learn that life is not always easy.

The 'rich' kids in Nigeria all get everything from their parents. Laziness at its peak.
The 'average' are too proud to do some minor jobs as if they would be doing it for life
The 'poor' are more like forced into it to be able to cope.
Some will go into yahoo, some into prostitution

My first job was at 14. I only earned 25€. I bought my mum 1 reeeaaaally cheap chain. It was so fake. It only costed 5€. The kind of chain that the moment it touches water all the 'gold' will be gone. Although mum of course had better, waaaay better chains, she still wore mine. Not because it was better but because she appreciated the gesture. It's not always about how much you earn. It's more to that, taking responsibility is just 1 of them .
you don't get it.
The point is you would be forced to rely on them whether you like it or not. Wetin 8k a month wan do?

I understand the importance of trying, but saying people who rely on their parents are lazy is just myopic.
Many who do rely on their parents work their asses out, but still earn intangible amounts.
Imagine a grown adult getting $20 equivalent in NIgeria per month.
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Elxandre(m): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
AnonyNymous:

OK drop your number
edited
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Mike008(m): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
Selling yourself out I see!
Not bad for business undecided
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by moshould(m): 3:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
Bet9ja
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
Elxandre:

you don't get it.
The point is you would be forced to rely on them whether you like it or not. Wetin 8k a month wan do?

I understand the importance of trying, but saying people who rely on their parents are lazy is just myopic.
Many who do rely on their parents work their asses out, but still earn intangible amounts.
Imagine a grown adult getting $20 equivalent in NIgeria per month.

I never said relying on your parents is laziness. I said NOT trying is laziness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Account Hacked / Keke Operator Finds & Returns Airtime Worth Of N80,000 In Owerri , Gets Rewarded / Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.