Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? (18061 Views)

PLEASE HELP- Flip Cash, I Have Been Scammed 25k / I have been Scammed by Austin Chukuma (Nairaland @Drisklef) / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Docray: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
Well,i just got scammed by the notorious and intractable data bundle seller advertizer on NL. Unfortunately a customer which Ecobank plc is very unwilling to part with. I suspected it buh i was not bothered about the outcome. buh pls oders shld beware of him. ENARUNA FERGUSON AGABI IS HIS NAME
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by HAkorehdeh(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Greenbullet:
lesson learnt:NEVER TRUST AN IGBO MAN WITH MONEY.
tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
Why Chinedu
Vanquay:
Yes I have been scammed before by a 13yr old Flàthead back when I was in 8th grade...I offered him a pack of candy for $15 and he promised to pay later in the week only for the stupid goat to change states.

Till today, I am still expecting my $15 from Chinedu...Anyways I haven't been scammed again so it was a crucial life lesson and I am forever grateful to Chinedu for teaching me two things.

1. Business over Friendship

2. You can't trust a Flàthead.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kajoula(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
Vanquay:
[i][color=#770077]Yes I have been scammed before by a 13yr old Flàthead back when I was in 8th grade...I offered him a pack of candy for $15 and he promised to pay later in the week only for the stupid goat to change states.

Till today, I am still expecting my $15 from Chinedu...Anyways I haven't been scammed again so it was a crucial life lesson and I am forever grateful to Chinedu for teaching me two things.

1. Business over Friendship

2. [b]You can't trust a Flàthead

I TELL YOU THIS, FOR SURE
DON’T EVER PLAY INTO THEIR HANDS,
YOU WILL REGRET IT
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2016

Lucasbalo:
Been scammed before by someone close to me in Nigeria for a little over 2million Naira about 10 years ago. The biggest scam is Trump winning the election in US . A lot of Americans fell for his con game.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
But is name is Trust Joseph
iyobs7:
Yes I have been scammed, some persons will not believe this because of the coincidence. The guy is a Jehova Witness.

He studied in India and was introduced to me by a close friend of mine when I was seeking admission in India.

His name is Trust Joseph and stupidly enough I trusted him foolishly.

He billed me 100k for the admission citing that he'll need to authenticate some documents in another state in India and he'll need to take flight to and fro and secondly since he knew nobody in the state he'll have to stay in a hotel that's how he came about the 100k.

I thought he was being honest and promised to add 20k for his effort. But things did not work as I have intended so I could not pay the 20k I promised him voluntarily. But I paid the 100k complete.

Fast forward to when I got to India I needed the Original admission letter to do my clearance and this guy refused giving it to me unless I pay the 20k I promised him. I was dumbfounded.

I later learnt from guys over there that he did not take a flight to any where that the total cost for the admission is not even upto 18k. I was mad with anger. I told him whenever I lay my hands on him I will demand for my money even if it is 20 years from now.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Lucasbalo(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
kinibigdeal:

I know you will be happy someone scammed me but no one Will ever scam me again. Will be in Lagos next weekend and will not be a magnet for con men. Lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by sonoforogun(m): 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
Yes. And very recently too. You can find my experience below:

I wish to bring to the notice of the general public the fraudulent activity of an online based company -
Aspireplus Global Resources, that sells "used" Exams Checker Cards online via http://cardstore.com.ng/.

I bought a NECO card from Aspireplus Global Resources, only to discover to my utmost surprise that the
card was USED already. Immediately I contacted VoguePay Support, who processed the payment, to inform
them of the development. I also attached screenshots of the payment made and also the message from NECO
stating that the card has already been used by another candidate!

VoguePay replied and told me that though my payment was facilitated by VoguePay, there is a need for me
to contact the merchant (i.e. Aspireplus Global Resources - managers of cardstore.com.ng) from whom the
purchase was made. And for the past three days, I have been trying to call their support line (08165602301),
and it is either unanswered or switched off. Only God knows what their problem is. Why sell a used card that
is completely useless to the buyer?

After a follow-up mail from me intimating VoguePay of my efforts and inability to reach the merchant
(i.e. Aspireplus Global Resources), VoguePay later contacted me and advised that I approach my bank to
request reversal of the funds. But is it possible for my bank to retrieve money already paid out and
receipt issued with transaction ID?

Though, I feel helpless in this fight, I wonder how many others feel helpless and just give up because
there was nothing they could do? Just imagine how many people may have lost money to this criminal act
from Aspireplus Global Resources aka cardstore.com.ng simply because there was nothing they could do?.

For me, it is not about the money, but for the fact that any binding contract must be followed up
and adhered to, unless there is a breach of trust, which is an indictment on Aspireplus Global Resources
aka cardstore.com.ng.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by iyobs7(f): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
kinibigdeal:
But is name is Trust Joseph

Yes
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by bejeria101(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
My experience was a friends mum,got to me on fb and asked for recharge card lol *i didnt think of it* sent a 1k mtn,so i think she saw d messages her fb a/c was hacked
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by missyQween(f): 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
I have been scammed by a taxi driver...He collected 500 naira when it's suppose to be 100naira in this recession fa
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Doyin400l(m): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
. .
. .............. ........
. . . .
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by steryj(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was scammed by DHT Africa in 2014 to the tune of 186k. Thank God i survived it. But, they won't know peace.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nah bro! Far from that, our differences in perspectives on political manners doesnt make me inhuman. Why should i be happy that someone was scammed. I was only mocking you because your candidate Hilary lost while you underrated my predictions
Lucasbalo:
I know you will be happy someone scammed me but no one Will ever scam me again. Will be in Lagos next weekend and will not be a magnet for con men. Lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Was the name the reason why u trust him?
iyobs7:

Yes
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Lucasbalo(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Nah bro! Far from that, our differences in perspectives on political manners doesnt make me inhuman. Why should i be happy that someone was scammed. I was only mocking you because your candidate Hilary lost while you underrated my predictions
I was kidding with you about the scam. Trump winning doesn't take anything away from me. I have seen my candidates win so many elections. In life you win some and lose some. Life goes on.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Hephzibahmusic: 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hisolak:
This happened recently and its by a member here on Nairaland, scamming with data sales.
I fell victim recently.
Nairalanders should

I was scammed by this same guy. Took my money and told me it's network issue. GOD WILL JUDGE
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
That's the spirit bro, but i think those clamouring for a recount should rather stop wasting their resources. It wont see the light of the day
Lucasbalo:
I was kidding with you about the scam. Trump winning doesn't take anything away from me. I have seen my candidates win so many elections. In life you win some and lose some. Life goes on.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by humurphia(m): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by BlueMagic2(m): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
So let me tell my experience about how I was scammed or nearly scammed. Back when I was living in Nigeria, the whole Forex trading was the in thing, before MMM or whatever y'all call it. So this guy made me invest like #150,000 in the Forex gimmick and I was to get back double like #350,000 in about a month. A month comes and goes no money, 2 months, 3, 4 and the next thing I couldn't get the guy on the phone. I later found out he had relocated to Abuja from Lagos. I tracked him down to Abuja and he was so surprised to see me at his doorstep 1 morning. I had my knife with me and told him i would slit his throat if I don't get my money that day. We went to the bank and he paid me half of it and promised to pay the remaining in 2 weeks that he was owing a bunch of other people. i told him I don't care about whoever else he's owing that I needed my money. And if he doesn't pay I was gonna go to his house in FTT and kill his mom. He did pay up the rest of it in a week. I heard this foo eventually traveled out of the country because he was owing a lot of people money. Only God knows if I would have carried out that threat, but you never know with a hungry and angry man. Word of Advice. You never know who you are trying to scam/con, some people no longer carry knives. cool cool cool. A word for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Emeonyerichard(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
kvngveektour:
Yes. By ultimate cycler
pls how
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Lucasbalo(m): 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
kinibigdeal:
That's the spirit bro, but i think those clamouring for a recount should rather stop wasting their resources. It wont see the light of the day
The recount isn't going to do anything. It's just for the peop still in shock. I just hope trump is Good for America
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
I still strongly believes Trump is a good guy, political campaign is different from governance. He just acted as a bad guy with all those campaign Tantrum to attract sympathy and gaffe a whole lot of American. It did work for him. In my own perspective, so far i think Trump is already attracting smart and intellectual teams. I think yesterday he nominated Todd Ricketts, Stephen Muchin and Wilbur Ross. I think those guys are good enough
Lucasbalo:
The recount isn't going to do anything. It's just for the peop still in shock. I just hope trump is Good for America
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by tweeby: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Avoid them

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Spidermon: 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
KangaIye:
Yes was scammed by Jumia. I bought one rechargeable fan during this their black Friday only for me to start using the fan and realized that the fan is not working cry

Buying electronics on Jumia is like buying "no testing" gadgets at alaba.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kisstbynature(m): 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
yes by Mmm, after I av pH(provide help) for more Dan six weeks I av GH(get help) but dey refuse to match me and I don't no what to do
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Lucasbalo(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
kinibigdeal:
I still strongly believes Trump is a good guy, political campaign is different from governance. He just acted as a bad guy with all those campaign Tantrum to attract sympathy and gaffe a whole lot of American. It did work for him. In my own perspective, so far i think Trump is already attracting smart and intellectual teams. I think yesterday he nominated Todd Ricketts, Stephen Muchin and Wilbur Ross. I think those guys are good enough
It remains to be seen. The three names you mentioned are Billionares which is ok but that doesn't mean much because the direction comes from the president. Todd Rickets is well known to us in Chicago because his family owns Chicago Cubs Baseball Team and I know him because my company trade with Americatrade which was founded by his father. One thing is that Obama is leaving a good economy for Trump. I wish him well and if not, Americans will turn against him.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by pappicole(m): 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
Na dem leaders be d 419s. From military to politician scamming Nigerian to da bone
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Waoh, never knew all that about Todd. Maybe Trump business sense might help American's economy. Maybe!
Lucasbalo:
It remains to be seen. The three names you mentioned are Billionares which is ok but that doesn't mean much because the direction comes from the president. Todd Rickets is well known to us in Chicago because his family owns Chicago Cubs Baseball Team and I know him because my company trade with Americatrade which was founded by his father. One thing is that Obama is leaving a good economy for Trump. I wish him well and if not, Americans will turn against him.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by stzy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was coming back from Ojota and when I came down from white bus opposite heritage bank at Oshodi normally some sales ppl will welcome you to Oshodi.... That faithful day, I was welcomed by etisalat sales ppl, they told me to buy 2sims that itsfree n that they will link it together for me to make freecalls between the two sims for three months

I thought about my girl and how fun its gon b to whenever I want and not when I can.

The cache was that I'll bring 200 box for airtime which will activate the. Package.... So I flashed #400 immediately n d guy got. To work in his computer.... Press few stuffs and told me its done.

When I got home, I went to my girls's place, gave her one n took d oda... She later called me and was like she went to register the sim... I was super shocked... Then I went to register mine and d etisalat boi doing it told me they have no such package that I was SCAMMED!.... He was like that. He has cheats 4 mtn glo airtel n d rest dt I should js bring 100box....

I believe. D guy is still grwoing a new molar teeth now

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by Lucasbalo(m): 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Waoh, never knew all that about Todd. Maybe Trump business sense might help American's economy. Maybe!
Todd is a nice guy but all this guys get the direction from the presidency. I am rooting for Trump to do well because I believe in the country before any political party. The majority of Americans are in the middle class and that's what makes a country great not the few multimillionaires or Billionares.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? by kinibigdeal(m): 11:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Trump Just nominated James 'Mad Dog' as defense staff..
Lucasbalo:
Todd is a nice guy but all this guys get the direction from the presidency. I am rooting for Trump to do well because I believe in the country before any political party. The majority of Americans are in the middle class and that's what makes a country great not the few multimillionaires or Billionares.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jim Ovia: "My Lagos Success Story" (Video) / FG Appoints Abdul-Akaba Sumaila As Sole Administrator Of Ajaokuta Steel Complex / Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.