Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard (2071 Views)

We Won’t ‘Calm Down', Nigeria Must Breathe By David Edremoda / Just In : Two Buses Carrying Biafrans To Umuahia Seized By Nigerian Army / BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Biafrans To Come Back Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Sanchez01: 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has called on its members to ensure that all roads leading to South-East zone were blocked on 30 May, a day set aside to honour its members who lost their lives during the civil war.

This was made known to newsmen in a statement issued by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful. However, in its statement IPOB, ordered every Igbo person to sit at home and remember their heroes and heroines past.

According to him, “We should not be discouraged by the court ruling of April 25, 2017. rather, we should be focused on May 30, 2017 remembrance day, which is the priority of every IPOB member to ensure that no movement of any sort, both human and vehicular, across Biafra land on that day, will take place.

“We must make sure that all areas occupied by Biafrans for the remembrance and honour of our heroes and heroines, who laid down their lives during the genocidal war are shut down.

“Our leader (Kanu) has been in high spirit since his arrest in 2015 and we cannot afford our spirit to be dampened towards the liberation of Biafra because of conditions attached to his release.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/biafrans-shut-nigeria-may-30/
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
So what exactly did the arrests and killings do? Nothing if you ask me.

5 Likes

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Sanchez01: 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
Two things; they should get approval from the police before 'shutting down' Nigerian, and also avoid roping Kanu into this. Anything short of this would see Buratai at his best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Celcius: 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
I'm observing.
You just can't kill an ideology. Slaughter them and you'll just end up radicalizing them.
It is it time. Just how many have to die before we realise this?
Dialogue NOW.

4 Likes

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by dlondonbadboy: 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
grin grin
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by paBuhari(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
Let my people Go! grin Afonja's won't like this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by PapaBrowne(m): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
I'm not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu as I do not believe any ideology that promotes hate about any human can ever be worthy, I admire his resilience and and ability to pursue a picture he believes in without fear or finitude.

Ndigbo doesn't need liberation. Ndigbo is not bound and cannot be bound. Ndigbo are the freeest people in all of Africa. Bondage is a state of mind.

What Ndigbo needs is a collective spirit. A spirit that would come together and say "we have done it as individuals, we can do it collectively ".

Ndigbo needs a visionarie that would say we can build a high speed rail line cross crossing Enugu-Awka- Onitsha-Nnewi-Owerri-Aba-Port Harcourt-Onne.

Ndigbo needs a visionaire that understands that the millions of Igbo in Diaspora can serve as importers of goods manufactured by industrial zones built along the rail lines dotting the super entrepreneurial landscape.

Ndigbo needs a visionaire that would motivate the millions of successful Igbos scattered across the globe to instead of building mansions in the village, build world class businesses that would create goods and services for Africa and the rest of the world.

Ndigbo doesn't need a freedom fighter. Ndigbo needs a visionaire.

I like to say, Biafra is a spirit not a nation.It is the spirit of the rising sun. That spirit that saw a people who were given just 20 pounds 40 years ago, now owning more that half of all the banks in Nigeria, 70% of all trading activities and an endless list of success stories. That is the spirit of Biafra.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Sanchez01: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
paBuhari:
Let my people Go! grin
Afonja's won't like this.
If you are wise, kindly stay indoor. Should IPOB choose to go ahead with the protest, particularly without agreement and approval from the police, then I don't see why it won't be bloody.

As always there would be wailings about Buhari being petitioned before the Hague, but this won't return the unfortunate ones whose lives would be lost.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by LarryBeryl(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
The whole Biafra nation no reach Kano in terms of population or landmass. Make them try am.

2 Likes

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by madridguy(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
I hope it won't be like the Shia group.

General Buratai should be warming up tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

If you are wise, kindly stay indoor. Should IPOB choose to go ahead with the protest, particularly without agreement and approval from the police, then I don't see why it won't be bloody.

As always there would be wailings about Buhari being petitioned before the Hague, but this won't return the unfortunate ones whose lives would be lost.

Which indirectly means you support Soldiers shooting at protesters? Unarmed Protesters at that.

Karma knows everyone's address ogbeni. It does not need GPS.

1 Like

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by paBuhari(m): 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

If Dem born buhari, let one biafran soul lose his/her life during the protest.

1 Like

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sanchez01:
Two things; they should get approval from the police before 'shutting down' Nigerian, and also avoid roping Kanu into this. Anything short of this would see Buratai at his best.

Even in Nigerian Constitution, nowhere was it written that the police must give approval before a protest or rally is held.
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Cornel101: 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
LarryBeryl:
The whole Biafra nation no reach Kano in terms of population or landmass. Make them try am.
You are a poor student of History.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by princechurchill(m): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
The sun is rising above the land of the free and home of the brave

1 Like

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by madridguy(m): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
Kids like you cannot make any sensible comment than Afonja muslim.

paBuhari:
Afonja muslim, are you scared of biafrans shutting down nijeriya Pray to your god to come and stop it. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Sanchez01: 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Normality:

Which indirectly means you support Soldiers shooting at protesters? Unarmed Protesters at that.

Karma knows everyone's address ogbeni. It does not need GPS.
It's not my fault you can't comprehend. And you need to understand how karma works. The so-called armed protesters are quite ignorant and rather foolish by putting thmeselves in harm's way. You all call Nigeria and you expect a princely treatment. Funny.

1 Like

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Sanchez01: 3:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
paBuhari:
If Dem born buhari, let one biafran soul lose his/her life during the protest.
Far worse have been said before and when the chips fell, you all screamed ICC. I just pray it won't get to that extent this time

1 Like

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Sanchez01: 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Normality:

Even in Nigerian Constitution, nowhere was it written that the police must give approval before a protest or rally is held.
For the sakeof security, it is wise to seek approval.

1 Like

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

It's not my fault you can't comprehend. And you need to understand how karma works. The so-called armed protesters are quite ignorant and rather foolish by putting thmeselves in harm's way. You all call Nigeria and you expect a princely treatment. Funny.

Insane thought, one day I will come and say the same when tables must have turned, it will definitely turn.
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by XerXers: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sanchez01:
Buratai's men are dying like chikens in borno. Incompetent mofo like him should look for his mate (armed men) in NE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by SIRmanjar(m): 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
madridguy:
I hope it won't be like the Shia group.

General Buratai should be warming up tongue

You and this buratai sef..U sound like one coward wey put all ur hope in am.
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Sanchez01: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
Normality:

Insane thought, one day I will come and say the same when tables must have turned, it will definitely turn.
And what gives you the impression that the likes of me would take to the road like a headless chicken

1 Like

Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by madridguy(m): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
come again...

SIRmanjar:

You and this buratai sef..U sound like one coward wey put all ur hope in am.
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by kingzizzy: 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
PapaBrowne:

I like to say, Biafra is a spirit not a nation.

If you think that then you can imagine what someone like me thinks of Nigeria which is neither a spirit nor a nation.

BTW

The Igbos are not free, the Igbo nation is not free. If Igbos were free, Nigeria would not be questioning the right of Igbos to decide if they want to be part of Nigeria or not.
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Chikelue2000(m): 4:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
Another one
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by greenermodels: 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/biafrans-shut-nigeria-may-30/
confused reporting, where did they ask people to block roads? the order is sit home only and we're going to comply.
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Pavore9: 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Observing.....
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ubochi ahu, onye ekwukwala okwu na Ogbako a.
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Igboesika: 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sanchez01:
They should get approval from police before sitting at home ?
Re: Biafrans To Shut Down Nigeria May 30 - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
Igboesika:

They should get approval from police before sitting at home ?

Gbachi anumanu ahu nkiti.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat / Igbo And Yoruba Descendants In USA Have Finished America, This Time For Good-1 / IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.