Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please (18531 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2009
@busy body, applying for a car mechanic or PR stuff would take 3years, who tell u say na mechanic dem they find for canada, sweetie dont get it twisted if u have ur degree u will earn big cash. I am not shitting anyone finance is in high demand in canada here. My guys are in BOM, scotia, delloitte. so forget mechanic story. with ur bsc, mba and cma we will ball tite. Peace
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Busybody2(f): 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2009
^ We hia you, yada, yada, yada lipsrsealed

No be today, people like you dey talk like this undecided Is Canada exempt from the global economic crisis? Even Uk and US that have a bigger economy are suffering and unemployment is rising and no one knows if their job is still gonna be theirs the next day undecided

Degree holders are in high demand indeed cool
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2009
@busy body make u no vex, sorry if i have triggered anger in u. Pls there is no job any where, mechanics and plumbers are in high demand. No vex
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Busybody2(f): 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2009
^^^ My friend go and read up about the skills Canada currently requires that is if you can afford a newspaper or the time to read it, with your so called bigmanism job and stop sounding like an ignoramus angry And for your information, I have lived in the US and Canada too so keep deluding Charlesisu but you cannot come and put the wool over my own eyes undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
@ busy body why are u sounding like this, y are u been so rude, i was just advising a brother, i live and work in canada. i was jst giving advise to a brother, its left for him to choose who he wants to listen to, mechanic or investament banker. All the same i no dey fight with u. Where in canada do u stay maybe we could hang out sometime. what do u think?
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Busybody2(f): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2009
^^^ You started your insinuation by claiming i didn't know what i was talking about and then you kept on coming back to reply me and acting like you are a woman, so you left me no choice than to treat you like one cheesy Oya sorry, its my feminine hormones, lets start afresh again, nice to meet you kiss

I said I used to live in Toronto, and sure we can hook up when I come there in summer wink
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2009
OK, its all good, you should try coming around nxt wk, kelly handsome is in town (ottawa) " Maga don pay"
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Busybody2(f): 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2009
mevisbleek:

OK, its all good, you should try coming around nxt wk, kelly handsome is in town (ottawa) " Maga don pay"

Abeg, no expose my yansh say I be old lady, who be kelly handsome embarassed embarassed Is he rich as well as handsome cheesy
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2009
@busy body, u are hillarious. Kelly handsome is a pastor from Nigeria. Lol
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Busybody2(f): 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
^^^ Oh, you just broke my heart with that bad news cry Come to think of it, Pastors too are rich so i should dismiss him offhand, innocent question pls, is he single?
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
He is single, but sorry to burst ur bubble, he is gay.
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Busybody2(f): 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2009
mevisbleek:

He is single, but sorry to burst your bubble, he is gay.

There is a miracle cheesy

He needs a wife to act as a front right tongue Chei, God don butter my bread, I was already dreading and worrying about his grubby paws on my body and planning how to manage to grin and bear it once I become his wifey to get my hands on his cash, but now I don't have to cheesy  Yippee Jesus is Lord cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2009
@Busy body, u really be busy body. lol
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Kafin(m): 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2009
intresting!! make i wait small before i post.
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2009
@kafin, say something mate
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Kafin(m): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2009
Ok oo, na you say make I talk.

Na waaoo, mevisbleek you smart sha. From the time when you begin the sweetie thing (sweetie dont get it twisted if u have your degree u will earn big cash) na hin I don begin think say so you go take maneuver. As angeldiana come put jara, I begin wonder who she be, anyway she may be waiting to have a word with you. (I no sabi book ooo)

My sista (the one and only busy_body) please let me know when you come to Toronto oo! I go like see the madam wey dey make all those shakara for auto section. Maybe I fit don get some titles by then, if not, I go try see if inspired_m go fit borrow me those ones wey hin don stop to dey use.

I remember one of the rules of NairaLand; if you see people dey fight, no put mouth!! The issues may be much deeper that you can ever understand.

I will quickly log off (getting off this thread may not be enough) Byee
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by mevisbleek: 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2009
@kafin take care mate
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Busybody2(f): 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2009
^^^ Kafin abi kafura abi wetin be that ya name sef, bring your flat yansh here nau nau angry So you mean people are making profits of N1 million naira in the Autosection monthly and I have been frequenting the place for years and all I have to show for it is thousands of posts chastising those dealers to stop acting like market women and learn to get along angry  

Hmmn, whadido, whadido, whadido tongue sad sad sad Me too I want my millions, so what do you think? Should I marry a car dealer or become one too, please when you are responding, be mindful of the fact that I want the route that would make me a millionaire faster and cost me less work, i hate working, they spoil my well-manicured nails tongue cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by gestapo(f): 1:41am On Nov 22, 2009
I reside in Germany and i have to tell you even when you are a legal resident, racism is still inherent, there is a glass ceiling for immigrants, stay in Nigeria and achieve your maximum potentials. there is no place like home.
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Delta007(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2009
Na wa. Alot of people just comment on stuff they have no clue about just because they have access to a keyboard.

Someone gives a brief background of himself and his intentions and asks for advice.  .   .and some people think it's their business to tell him how to live his life. If he makes a billion a year, and wants to move to Siberia, wetin concern you? If you have info, drop it and I'm sure he is old and mature enough to parse the info and make a decision. FYI, N1million/mth is about $6700/mth which easily translates to $80k/mth; $80k/yr is not a hard target to reach as a professional in Canada or the US. Even licensed mechanics, carpenters, and other skill labourers make such amounts if they put in the hours; not talk about someone in a solid business line. So I do not know what the fuss is all about.

And for the declining population comment, Canada has an Aging population. The typical white man would marry and give birth to one or two kids max. Some do not even bother getting married or some doi marry and decide not to have kids. That's their way of life. Hence, it gets to a point that the population cannot support herself; the more reason why they open the doors to SKILLED immigrants. And just like any other thing, Immigration to another country requires planning, planning, and enough planning. You do not just wake up and travel and hope to see the money tree. You gather info, map out strategies, make solid contacts, etc above all, know what you are doing. I know we Nigerians believe in alot of miracles but make sure you do your homework properly. However, if you happen to see the money tree, please lemme know.

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Busybody2(f): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
^^^ I know you didn't mention any name, prolly cos of your scared behind, but was your first two paragraphs necessary undecided Yes he asked for advice, but does every bit of advice profferred have to toe one line undecided And on a medium for people for exchange of ideas and dissenting opinion at that too, shior cool Anyway, carry go, it is a forum and its your keyboard and your computer and your time and your effort and I am sure not everyone finds all your 600 odd posts appealing and I no know wetin concern una too cool lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by tunnytox(m): 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2009
Delta007:

If he makes a billion a year, and wants to move to Siberia, wetin concern you?

LMAO grin grin
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by question(m): 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
leye1234:

Why would he need to lie ? did you Skip the part where he Said he needed Quality life and not all about the Money ?   

What makes you think that he can't get that in NIGERIA? All he has to do is move back to the VILLAGE.
VILLAGE= Real fresh air
              Less polution
              Honies running around topless
              Real Organic food  ETC
LOL,  Which village still has honies running around topless.

@OP[b]
TOP 8 REASONS NOT TO MIGRATE TO CANADA[/b]

1. Discriminatory and Dishonest Immigration System.

Immigration to Canada is based on a point system, obtained with your education, qualifications and job experience. Points are good enough for immigration, but in Canada, they are not good enough to get a job in your field. Amazing, how the credentials that qualify you to come to Canada are the same credentials that don't qualify you for your profession in Canada. The reason is, Canada only wants immigrants to do the labor jobs - pizza delivery, driving taxis, factory work etc.

2. Out Of Control Cost Of Living.

From rent, to utility bills, to shopping, to phone, internet and cable bills, to gas, to car insurance, to eating out, to basically anything you have to pay for or buy, the cost of living in Canada has become astronomical. Recent immigrants are astonished as to how expensive everything is. It is estimated that compared to most countries around the world, the cost of living in Canada is on average five times greater.

3. Health Care Crisis.
Practicing physicians in Canada are in a shortage, 1 in 4 Canadians cannot get a family doctor. Canadian doctors are leaving to move permanently to the United States. Statistics Canada and the Canadian Medical Association both have identified that for every 1 American doctor that moves to Canada, 19 (nineteen) Canadian doctors move to the United States! Doctors in Canada are overworked and underpaid, and there is a cap on their salaries.

4. Very High Taxes.
Yes, you have the GST, the PST, totaling 15%, on practically everything you purchase and many other taxes taken out of our weekly paycheck. You have to pay a whopping amount to the government, out of your hard earned salary, so that the government can turn around and give it to beer drinking, hockey watching welfare bums. Fair? It does not matter, it's Canada.

5. Money Hungry Government.
Canadian Embassies around the world lie to foreigners, painting this picture that Canada is Utopia, because they want them to come to Canada. Why? Because foreigners bring money! So after being deceived, these foreigners come. They must bring with them at least $10,000. Canada has an immigration quota of 250,000 per year. So please do the math, 250,000 multiplied by $10,000 each equals a whopping 2.5 Billion dollars that Canada gains from immigrants every year.

6. No Culture.
Unlike almost every other country in the world, Canada has no culture. Actually American culture is what dominates Canada. When was the last time you had some 'Canadian' food? There are no Canadian traditions and there is no national identity. What does it even mean to call yourself a 'Canadian'. . .nothing really. People living in Canada, still identify themselves with the country they 'originally' came from.

7. Cold Freezing Weather.
Yes, Canada has one of the worst weather conditions of any country in the world. Freezing cold temperatures, snow, ice, hail, winds, storms etc. From the Prairie provinces to the Maritimes, from the Territories to southern Ontario, the weather is so horrific and disgusting that many Canadians leave Canada simply because of this reason alone.

8. No Jobs.
Yes, coast to coast, there are no jobs. Immigrants are highly qualified (MD's, PhD's, Lawyers, Engineers etc.) but they are driving taxi cabs, delivering pizza's or working in factories. Even people with bachelors degrees from Canadian Universities cannot find jobs after graduation. This is the tragedy associated with immigration to Canada. I feel sorry for those immigrants who are stuck in Canada for the rest of their lives. It is indeed a very sad and hopeless future.

Do your own research!!!

NB. source---- www.notcanada.com

2 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Delta007(m): 1:28am On Nov 29, 2009
question:

LOL,  Which village still has honies running around topless.

@OP[b]
TOP 8 REASONS NOT TO MIGRATE TO CANADA[/b]

Immigration to Canada is based on a point system, obtained with your education, qualifications and job experience. Points are good enough for immigration, but in Canada, they are not good enough to get a job in your field. Amazing, how the credentials that qualify you to come to Canada are the same credentials that don't qualify you for your profession in Canada. The reason is, Canada only wants immigrants to do the labor jobs - pizza delivery, driving taxis, factory work etc.

From rent, to utility bills, to shopping, to phone, internet and cable bills, to gas, to car insurance, to eating out, to basically anything you have to pay for or buy, the cost of living in Canada has become astronomical. Recent immigrants are astonished as to how expensive everything is. It is estimated that compared to most countries around the world, the cost of living in Canada is on average five times greater.

3. Health Care Crisis.
Practicing physicians in Canada are in a shortage, 1 in 4 Canadians cannot get a family doctor. Canadian doctors are leaving to move permanently to the United States. Statistics Canada and the Canadian Medical Association both have identified that for every 1 American doctor that moves to Canada, 19 (nineteen) Canadian doctors move to the United States! Doctors in Canada are overworked and underpaid, and there is a cap on their salaries.

4. Very High Taxes.
Yes, you have the GST, the PST, totaling 15%, on practically everything you purchase and many other taxes taken out of our weekly paycheck. You have to pay a whopping amount to the government, out of your hard earned salary, so that the government can turn around and give it to beer drinking, hockey watching welfare bums. Fair? It does not matter, it's Canada.

Canadian Embassies around the world lie to foreigners, painting this picture that Canada is Utopia, because they want them to come to Canada. Why? Because foreigners bring money! So after being deceived, these foreigners come. They must bring with them at least $10,000. Canada has an immigration quota of 250,000 per year. So please do the math, 250,000 multiplied by $10,000 each equals a whopping 2.5 Billion dollars that Canada gains from immigrants every year.

6. No Culture.
Unlike almost every other country in the world, Canada has no culture. Actually American culture is what dominates Canada. When was the last time you had some 'Canadian' food? There are no Canadian traditions and there is no national identity. What does it even mean to call yourself a 'Canadian'. . .nothing really. People living in Canada, still identify themselves with the country they 'originally' came from.

Yes, Canada has one of the worst weather conditions of any country in the world. Freezing cold temperatures, snow, ice, hail, winds, storms etc. From the Prairie provinces to the Maritimes, from the Territories to southern Ontario, the weather is so horrific and disgusting that many Canadians leave Canada simply because of this reason alone.

8. No Jobs.
Yes, coast to coast, there are no jobs. Immigrants are highly qualified (MD's, PhD's, Lawyers, Engineers etc.) but they are driving taxi cabs, delivering pizza's or working in factories. Even people with bachelors degrees from Canadian Universities cannot find jobs after graduation. This is the tragedy associated with immigration to Canada. I feel sorry for those immigrants who are stuck in Canada for the rest of their lives. It is indeed a very sad and hopeless future.

Do your own research!!!

NB. source---- www.notcanada.com

Blah blah blahhh; not worth a debate!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by chinweub: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
;d :d
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Russialane(m): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
guy stay back and plan your life in nigeria you are better off here
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by FastTracker: 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
Good Afternoon All!

So I was looking at the top eight reasons NOT to migrate to Canada and can say beyond a reasonable doubt as a person who actually lives in Canada that this is propaganda. I will go through each section and clear up these miss truths as it is a great disservice to Canada and its people and for foreign nationals that actually want to come to Canada!

[/i]I can not speak for CIC Immigration but indeed there is a filter system in place to sort the best immigrants who will have a chance in Canada versus those that will not make it. CIC in conjunctions with the CBSA and under the authority of the Minister of Immigration decide who can come to Canada. They have no position or authority to decide who can qualify to become a practising lawyer, doctor, accountant etc as that is decided but each professional regulatory authority as skill sets and competencies must be assessed for Canadian standards and quality. Canada does not only want pizza delivery, driving taxi as we allready have enough people doing that. As for factory work...the manufacturing industry moved to China twenty years ago!

[i]
Cost of living is high in any developed country as there are many aggravating and mitigating factors that affect Canadas inflation rate etc. As well, the cost for the standard of living is relative to how much one makes in income. It is all relative to each country. See Big Mac economic index.

3. Health Care Crisis.

This is unfounded lies. Indeed there is a shortage in the ratio of how many doctors there are to said population and one may have to wait to see the doctor but one is never turned away or refused service. As for people moving in and out of the country this is an inherent right that is protected under the Canadian Charter of Rights as "mobility rights" one has the freedom to move in and out of the country as they see fit.

4. Very High Taxes.

[i][/i]Nice things cost nice money....subsidized schoolings, paved roads, garbage disposal, waste management, infrastructure, free medical, government pension does not come out of thin air! A society is only as strong as its weakest link so one has a duty to pay a portion of their salary in order to build a stronger and economically viable country.

[i][/i]If you look at the Immigration Act it clearly states in the opening statement regarding the goals of said act that immigration to Canada is for "the economic benefit of Canada".

6. No Culture.

[i][/i]This is the farthest from the truth! Canada is a diverse and economically vibrant country rich in natural beauty, land mass and natural resources. Canada is also young and has the ability to develop its own history as it goes. Canada has had a European presence of French and British persons for 400 years where before that there has been a Native American presence in Canada for some 10,000 years! Canada culture is made up predominantly of French and British traditions and ethnic groups as it was formally a colony of each respective country. Canadians are fun loving, sports enthusiast who take a dynamic approach to the world are held in high esteem by most of their countries and are viewed as an honest broker for peace in the United Nations.

[i][/i]Indeed, Canada is cold which makes for excellent cold beer and winter sports. Though, the entire country is not snowed in. One does have the option of living in a warmer climate such as southern British Columbia where one sees very little snow fall in the winter time.

8. No Jobs.
Yes, coast to coast, there are no jobs. Immigrants are highly qualified (MD's, PhD's, Lawyers, Engineers etc.) but they are driving taxi cabs, delivering pizza's or working in factories. Even people with bachelors degrees from Canadian Universities cannot find jobs after graduation. This is the tragedy associated with immigration to Canada. I feel sorry for those immigrants who are stuck in Canada for the rest of their lives.

[i][/i]If there were no jobs Canada would not be allowing some 250,000 immigrants a year! Canada is a booming economy fueled by job growth in all sectors as well as a vibrant immigrant entrepreneurial spirit! Canada is yours for the making.

Now for some of the real reasons to come to the best country in the world CANADA!

What You Need To Know

Canada is one of the best countries in which to live. The quality of life is extremely high. It provides a very comfortable standard of living, good health care, efficient social security, quality public education, low crime rate, stable and growing economy, and clean environment.
Canada, the second largest country in area in the world, supports and advocates a free and democratic society. The Canadian constitution, called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, guarantees everyone the right to equality, mobility, and freedom of speech, assembly and association.
Immigration Programs

Canada is one of the few countries in the world with an active program for permanent immigration. In fact, Canada accepts more immigrants and refugees, in proportion to its population, than any other country.
One out of every six Canadian residents was born outside the country. Directly or indirectly, immigration policy has touched the lives of every Canadian, and it has helped make Canada a culturally rich, prosperous and progressive nation.
Citizenship and Immigration assesses immigrants and visitors on standards, which do not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, or sex. In addition, the immigration program is universal — applicants from around the world are assessed against exactly the same criteria.
Natural Resources

Canada is a land of great natural beauty. With its Atlantic and Pacific coasts, vast forests, mountain ranges, lakes and sprawling prairie, Canada is rich in natural resources. In addition to the main landmass, it has numerous islands and has the world’s largest number of lakes and inland waters.
Much of Canada is in the Earth’s Frigid Zone and experiences severe winter weather. The rest of Canada is in the Earth’s North Temperate Zone and has more moderate four-season climate.

Politics

The federal government is responsible for such national matters as foreign affairs, national defense, trade and commerce. It also shares many powers with the provincial governments. The provincial government takes care of education, transportation, health, and social services.
The municipal government controls local matters such as police, schools, garbage collection, and property taxes. It is headed by a mayor with representatives acting as councillors.
Canada is an independent constitutional monarchy and has three tiers of government: federal, provincial, and municipal (for towns and cities).
Canada’s head of state is the Queen of England. She is represented by the Governor General in Canada and has a mainly symbolic role.

Judicial System

In Canada, federal, provincial, and municipal governments pass laws. The courts interpret and enforce the laws, although separate from the government. There are different types of courts dealing with different areas of the law. The Canadian court system consists of three levels: trial courts, appeal courts, and the Supreme Court of Canada, which is the court of final appeal. Interpreters who speak your language are available upon request to assist you in court.

Health and Welfare

The federal and provincial governments share social welfare responsibility. The federal government administers national programs such as the Canada Pension Plan, Canada Assistance Plan, old-age security pensions, family allowances, youth allowances, and unemployment insurance.
Financial aid is provided to the provinces by the federal government for public assistance programs. Local governments provide for and administer most public assistance programs. Health and Welfare Canada is the federal agency that administers health matters.
All Canadian residents are granted medical coverage under the national Medical Care Insurance Program also known as Medicare. The program provides comprehensive coverage for all medically required services rendered by physicians and surgeons on a nonprofit basis.
Explore What Canada Offers

The primary objective of Canada’s social programs is not only to support Canadians and permanent residents in need, but also to help citizens find good jobs, thus enabling them to participate in the economic activity of the country.
• Employment Insurance
• Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement and Spouse’s Allowance
• Canada Child Tax Benefit
• Income Security
• How to apply for a S.I.N.
• Canada Child Tax Benefit
• Guaranteed Income Supplement
• Canada and Quebec Pension
• Employment Insurance
There are various social programs that will help you provide for yourself and your family, during certain conditions.
Below are the beneficial programs you should know about, and may avail when you become a permanent resident of Canada.
Income Security

Canadian governments at the federal, provincial and municipal level help people who are financially unable to provide for themselves and their families. Special programs are designed to help residents in different circumstances, such as:
• Raising Children
(Canada Child Tax Benefit)
• Retirement
(Canada Pension/Quebec Pension, Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement)
• Job-related Injuries
(Workers’ Compensation)
• Loss of a Job
(Employment Insurance)
• Longer-term unemployment
(Social Assistance)
Canada Child Tax Benefits

The federal government provides monthly payments to parents or guardians on behalf of children under the age of 18, through a program called the Canada Child Tax Benefit. The amount varies depending on family income, number of children and their ages.
To be considered for the Child Tax Benefit, you must be the parent or guardian of the child who lives with you. You or your spouse must be either a:
• Canadian citizen
• Permanent resident
• Convention refugee in Canada whose refugee status has been confirmed by the Immigration and Refugee Board, or
• Visitor or holder of a Minister’s Permit under the Immigration Act, who has lived at least 18 continuous months in Canada before applying for the Benefit.
Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement and Spouse’s Allowance

The Old Age Security (OAS) pension is given to people 65 years and older who meet residence requirements. Those who have little or no other income may be eligible for the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS). The spouse (between the ages of 60 and 64) of a low income or deceased pensioner may qualify for the Spouse’s Allowance (SPA).

Social Assistance

Social Assistance, often called welfare, helps people in need who are not eligible for other benefits. Benefit payments help pay for food, shelter, fuel, clothing, prescription drugs, and other health services. In some cases, you may be eligible for programs to train you for the work that is available.

Worker’s Compensation

People injured while at work may be eligible to receive financial benefits, medical and rehabilitative services. The provincial Workers’ Compensation Board offices decide if you qualify for compensation, based on medical reports and proof that your injury was work-related.
Medical Insurance

Every province has a taxpayer-funded health insurance program that provides inexpensive, high-quality health care.
Once covered under Medicare, you will receive a provincial health card with an identification number. Be sure to inform your insurance plan if you move, or if your family size or marital status changes as it may affect your coverage. Medicare covers medical services, including physician fees and hospital costs.

Economy

Canada is one of the most industrialized countries in the world. Its abundant natural resources supply the raw materials. Agriculture is the main economic activity but industrialization has outstripped the land-based economy and established itself.
Industrialization has created a great demand for workers. The need for professionals and skilled workers prompted the Canadian government to allow immigration as a method to fill the void in areas where local residents are unable or unwilling to meet local demand.

If you need more information feel free to contact me through my profile smiley
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by luckchild: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hello Pals.
Im new here , i like to gain experience from you guys concerning canada visiting visa im getting a invisitation letter from a canada citizen friend to visit this coming xmas but i need to know where best to submit my application lagos or abuja ? and what're my chance of getting a visa and neccessary paper work document i'll be needing for my visa kind . im used to usa visa process but canada im totally new applicant and i need you all experiences to avoid bad news
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Seye25(m): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
mevisbleek:
@busy body, applying for a car mechanic or PR stuff would take 3years, who tell u say na mechanic dem they find for canada, sweetie dont get it twisted if u have ur degree u will earn big cash. I am not shitting anyone finance is in high demand in canada here. My guys are in BOM, scotia, delloitte. so forget mechanic story. with ur bsc, mba and cma we will ball tite. Peace
Just got to read this post and i guess you should know more about residing/working in canada or maybe u have a handful knowledge about the country. I intend to migrate to canada after i complete my MBA here in Nigeria. Do my Nigeria certificates have any relevance there? or will i need to start studying all over again. Although, i am working here (quite good) but i intending moving there cos my fiancee is in the medical line.
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Superrich(m): 3:06am On Jul 04, 2015
@delta007
U cldn't say it any better, very concise, straight to the point and comprehensive.

Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by odochy: 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
@sarilo4lif

Delta007:

Immigrating to Canada as a Visitor is fine; however, a Visitor's Status (keyword is Status) only allows you to stay in the country for a maximum of 6mths (unless stated otherwise - usually less); then, you have to re-enter the country again. You have to realise a Visa is an entry document; so even if you are given a 1 day Visa or 20yr Visa, you can only stay in the country for 6mths before you re-enter. You are not allowed to work, school, business, etc. The only ways you can become a Permanent Resident (PR) from a Visitor's status is:

- Switch to a Study Visa: If you have an undergrad and have been hoping to develop yourself some more, then applying for a Masters program might not be a bad idea. You may be able to run your business (depending on its nature) and carryout your program at the same time. Switching to a Study Visa while being in Canada on a Visitor's Visa is relatively easy. You get the admission and send the application and all related documents to the nearest embassy (usually Buffalo). As a Nigerian, you'd be required to do medicals; all these could take 4-5mths before you finally get a Study Visa; and remember, you can only stay in the country for 6mths. This means you need to get the process going immediately you get in; perhaps get the admission before you get in. What this does, is that it enables you to buy time while you put in a PR application and it's being processed. When you graduate, you are also eligible for a 3yr work permit which is more than enough time to get your PR status. Now, as a businessman, you probably have some experience so you may qualify for a couple categories; however, this process could take 6mths for some and it could take 2yrs for the others. Funny enough, you can apply from Nigeria; however, it's only one office in Accra that processes all applications for W.Africa so you are pretty sure that it would take you more than 2yrs before you get a decision.

- Marry someone in Canada and get her/him to sponsor you: If you came in on a Visitor's Visa and got married in Canada, your spouse could sponsor you, regardless of your status. This means that even if you overstayed (which frankly, I do not advice), and eventually fall in love with someone and legally get married, you can become a PR if your spouse agree to sponsor you. Now, this is an area which alot of people exploit, not just Nigerians (Indians, Pakistanis, Carribeans, etc) and the Canadian Immigration is quite aware of it. Hence, the onus is always on you and your spouse to prove that your relationship is genuine and not just for papers. There are also restrictions on who can sponsor and your sponsor (spouse) will be responsible for your upkeep for 3yrs.

- Get a job and get your company to sponsor you: If you are one of those sought-after professionals or you are in that line of field, there's a likelihood you could get a job and the company would sponsor you to get a work permit. These cases are rare but very possible. Most firms these days try to stay away from all these immigration wahala so they'd tell you to come back when you get your papers. However firms that are desperate do make the effort to get you the right papers. In your case, they'd also need to go the extra mile and prove that no Canadian has applied for the job or those who applied are not qualified enough for the job. If you can get a work permit, then you bought yourself time and it's a much easier route to get a PR status.

There's also the business category but it's a much tougher sell unless you have more than $300k in your account at the moment.

My advice: If you think of improving your skills, you may want to go the study route; perhaps this is the right time since you are still single. However, if that's not your cup of coffee, you may want to start by putting in an application from Nigeria for a PR status. While you make your money in Nigeria, the clock is ticking on your application. Perhaps in 3yrs, you may be approved and you may have a much better perspective of how you want your business to evolve as well as your future family plans. It may not be a wise idea to kill a cash cow just because you want to move to an unknown. You may also want to get a Visitor's visa and travel to see how things are so as to put plans together and put a good struture to your business so that you do not always need to be onground to get maximum revenue. Or wait till when you get your PR status so that you can move relatively easily and operate your business from both ends. I hope I made some sense. Goodluck!
Re: Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please by Lopisplayground: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

France Bans Nigerian students, others From Bringing Family, Delays Benefits / United Nigeria Airlines Gives Free Tickets To Mark Two Years / FG Begins Rehabilitation Work At Kaduna Airport Despite Senate’s Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.