Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity (22389 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 3:50am On Apr 22, 2019
Seun:

We didn't come from the apes that exist today, such as chimps and gorillas. We came from apes that existed a very long time ago: ancient apes. Modern apes such as chimpanzees and gorillas came from the same ancient apes. You won't ask such questions once you understand it.

Can something be created from nothing?

Was there really nothing in the beginning? Energy?

What created the energy?

Is that possible?

The answers I found around is like an unending loop.
Lets say

A=The Bible is right with its own explaination of creation; wanting us to believe that something(God) can exist without being created.

B=Logical reasoning (Atheism is right) is right with its own explaination of creation that things evolve. What was the starting point? A form of energy right? Energy is everywhere?

A=B
B=A

What do you think?
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
"Christians are mean-spirited and I reckon about as far away from what Jesus seemed to be about as you could get."

Jesus spoke of sin, God's perfect righteousness, and of the existence of Hell. He said the world would hate Him because He accused them of sin, and that they would hate Christians because they belonged to Him.

You are guilty of creating "another Jesus" (something the Bible calls "idolatry" ).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 22 April 2017 ·

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2019
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by Amgr82(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
Seun:

Is it different, though? Let’s see what the Bible says in Leviticus 25:44-46

1) Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.
2) You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
3) You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life,

How is this better than slavery in America? The slaves of America came from foreign countries (mostly Africa) and were enslaved for life. Children born to those slaves were also enslaved for life. They were traded and passed on to children as property. So what was the difference?
no difference!
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2019
Seun:

Is it different, though? Let’s see what the Bible says in Leviticus 25:44-46

1) Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.
2) You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
3) You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life,

How is this better than slavery in America? The slaves of America came from foreign countries (mostly Africa) and were enslaved for life. Children born to those slaves were also enslaved for life. They were traded and passed on to children as property. So what was the difference?

First of all, the Hebrew law (constitution) cannot be used to govern Nigeria, it was not meant for another culture or country or era. The context of the time must be put into perspective. This alone answers your question but I can go further.

Second, the slavery practiced back then was not like the atrocious ones practised by the Muslim and the Western world, it was the type of servant/master relationship most of you practise in Nigeria today.

Thirdly, there is the employer/employee relationship. If you check up the word employer and employed in the dictionary you will be surprised that it means User and Used respectively. If you are an employer you are a user of human resources while the employed is being used by the employer. shocked

And finally, the creditor/debtor relationship. Today in civilised world we know that the debtor is a slave to the creditor. This was what was practised back then in Israel but the Israelites were forbidden to treat their slaves like most of us treat our servants today.

Kidnapping was a capital crime in the Mosaic law and most if not all African slaves were kidnapped and shipped to the Western world, they certainly did not get that from the Bible.

The difference is clear. cool
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
"I allowed God to come into my life for 20 straight years--20 years was long enough, time is up. I'm not a bad person nor am I a sinner."

A false convert makes a profession of faith with no knowledge of sin, and because they didn't repent they didn't come to know the Lord. Most fall away from their church in time. Others stay, and will be sorted out on Judgment Day.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 26 April 2017 at 14:00 ·

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 6:00am On Apr 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

First of all, the Hebrew law (constitution) cannot be used to govern Nigeria, it was not meant for another culture or country or era. The context of the time must be put into perspective. This alone answers your question but I can go further.

Second, the slavery practiced back then was not like the atrocious ones practised by the Muslim and the Western world, it was the type of servant/master relationship most of you practise in Nigeria today.

Thirdly, there is the employer/employee relationship. If you check up the word employer and employed in the dictionary you will be surprised that it means User and Used respectively. If you are an employer you are a user of human resources while the employed is being used by the employer. shocked

And finally, the creditor/debtor relationship. Today in civilised world we know that the debtor is a slave to the creditor. This was what was practised back then in Israel but the Israelites were forbidden to treat their slaves like most of us treat our servants today.

Kidnapping was a capital crime in the Mosaic law and most if not all African slaves were kidnapped and shipped to the Western world, they certainly did not get that from the Bible.

The difference is clear. cool

First bolded: If we put a lot of "time" context into consideration today so many things in the religion should be ruled out/cancelled as being ancient but seems as long as it involves money it wont be ruled out. Should I start mentioning?

2nd bolded: Like the abraham and hagar relationship?or the verse that says the offspring of a slave given a wife automatically becomes the master's property?

3rd bolded: "were forbidden" was there a penalty/penalties for defaulting masters?

Now where is the difference?

Call a spade what it is and stop defending the holybook.

Take note: I'm no atheist just someone that is trying to say things the way it is.

@OLAADEGBU

@Seun
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26am On Apr 29, 2019
"You have to love everyone to get into Heaven, but then you have to hate everyone to get into Heaven. There are flaws....flaws, everywhere!!"

No one will get to Heaven by loving anyone or everyone. Eternal life is a free gift of God. Nothing we do can earn it.

There are no flaws. The Bible often uses "hyperbole," by contrasting love and hate, for emphasis.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 27 April 2017 ·

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2019
"Hell doesn't exist. Sorry for bursting your bubble."

When did you get knowledge of the afterlife? Do you have connections with the other side?

The truth is that you don't know what happens after someone dies.

We do, because we have the greatest authority on earth--the Word of God. There is nothing more sure. That's why you need the Saviour.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 2 May 2017 ·

www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26pm On May 02, 2019
HEFAIROHLUWA:

First bolded: If we put a lot of "time" context into consideration today so many things in the religion should be ruled out/cancelled as being ancient but seems as long as it involves money it wont be ruled out. Should I start mentioning?

In as much as we don't practise the rituals Christians do imbibe the principles of the Hebrew Bible.

HEFAIROHLUWA:

2nd bolded: Like the abraham and hagar relationship?or the verse that says the offspring of a slave given a wife automatically becomes the master's property?

What is the principle behind the master/servant relationship?

HEFAIROHLUWA:

3rd bolded: "were forbidden" was there a penalty/penalties for defaulting masters?

Yes. Any one involved in kidnapping was condemned.

HEFAIROHLUWA:

Now where is the difference?

Call a spade what it is and stop defending the holybook.

Take note: I'm no atheist just someone that is trying to say things the way it is.

@OLAADEGBU

@Seun

The difference is clear. The Western and Arab slavemasters ruled with cruelty as opposed to the Israelites who treated their servants with compassion. Christians are slaves to our Master Jesus while sinners are slaves to their taskmaster, the devil.
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:30pm On May 02, 2019
"Over 30,000 denominations of the Christian church and not one can agree with the other!"

Most of those denominations agree on the basic tenants of the Christian faith. Only on non-essential doctrines there is disagreement.

However, it's human nature to disagree about almost everything. I'm sure you would agree with that.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 1 May 2017 ·

www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35pm On May 02, 2019
"Which is the right God?"

There is only one Creator—that's the One who gave Moses the Ten Commandments, the One who provided the only Saviour--the One who can save you from a very real Hell.

Jesus said, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself" (John 7:17). Do the will of God—repent and trust in Jesus, and you will know the truth.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 29 April 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:03pm On May 02, 2019
"Maybe your God can't wait to hit you over the head for not being holy enough (mind you I doubt no matter how hard you try you could measure up) -- mine loves me just as I am." Lucia Adler-Madar

Lucia, you have just violated the First and the Second of the Ten Commandments by making up your own image of God--one to suit yourself...one with which you feel comfortable.

Your god would never punish Hitler for slaughtering six million Jews. That’s because your god doesn't exist. He's a figment of your imagination (the place where we make “images”).

There is one Creator. He is absolute moral perfection, and you have to face Him on Judgment Day no matter what you make up about Him. You desperately need the Saviour, just like the rest of us. Please check out www.NeedGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 27 April 2014 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11am On May 03, 2019
"Why pray? Who are you to ask God to alter His plans?"

It is a mystery that God would condescend to use the prayers of humble men and women to shape the destiny of humanity, but that doesn't change the fact that He does. We speak to Him through prayer, and He speaks to us through His Word, the Bible.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 3 May 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30am On May 03, 2019
"Where is 'Thou shalt not rape'? And 'Thou shalt not abuse children'? Surely those two are far more important than keeping the Sabbath holy or honouring one's father. I think your 'God' got his priorities wrong, don't you?" Tony Micklewright

Not at all. The First of the Ten Commandments means that we are to love God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength and that we are to love our neighbour (everyone) as much as we love ourselves. So if you rape a woman or abuse a child or even fail to do good for your neighbour (any other person) you violate that Commandment.

What you also probably don't realize is that God's Law is "spiritual." You and I also violate it with our thoughts--hatred, bitterness, envy, jealousy, or anger towards another person.

So God's big priority is to make sure that Justice will be done on Judgment Day. But the good news is that His mercy is greater than His justice. If you will repent and trust alone in Jesus and His work on the cross, God will forgive your every transgression of His Law and grant you everlasting life.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 27 April 2014 ·
www.livingwaters.com
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00pm On May 05, 2019
This wonderful email came from a faithful Christian bother named Joel:

"I've been witnessing to a mate from the UK (we played in a rock band together in my former life) and I sent him your www.needGod. com link. After five years of debating, e-mailing, sharing, arguing and persuading I got this message back from him:

'You've made me realize something. Something for so long I've been too ignorant to acknowledge. I did the questions and admitted that I was GUILTY - guilty of lying, stealing, lustful thoughts, at varying times in my life. I then began to well up inside realizing the answer to the last question before it was given: 'What did God do to save us from our sins?' A feeling of guilt and selfishness swept over me and I cried and cried. Suddenly it all made sense. Man, I cannot tell you how upset I was. I suddenly realized why the Son of God was put on this Earth - it had been staring me in the face for a long time but I was too concerned with other things to see it. Thank you so much for helping me to see.'"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 5 May 2014 at 17:53 ·
www.livingwaters.com
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41am On May 09, 2019
"While you religious nuts are using your hands to pray for starving children, I use mine to actually feed them at the food pantry."

I think you may be misjudging a lot of people with that remark. Christian organizations feed and clothe millions around the world.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of Christian rescue missions that every day feed, clothe, and house the poor.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 8 May 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47am On May 15, 2019
"Science is presented with new evidence that changes. You will continue to justify the same old story despite the evidence."

Truth doesn't change. Error does. What evolutionary believers believe now, will change in the future and then it will change again. They can never know anything for certain.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 13 May 2017 at 14:00 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On May 22, 2019
"He who can look into the eyes of a crack addicted baby, a newborn with horrible birth defects, a newborn riddled with cancer, or a newborn who will probably die before it recognizes what life is, and say 'It's God's plan' or 'God works in mysterious ways,' or just think that it's perfectly fine, is a truly disgusting person, and doesn't deserve to be a part of society."

All human suffering and death are the result of the Genesis Fall. What we see on earth isn't God's perfect will. It is His permissive will. However, the day will come when God's will, will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven. Don't miss out on being part of the eternal kingdom, because it certainly is coming as Jesus said it would. You and I don't deserve to be part of that kingdom, but God says we may.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 19 May 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29am On May 26, 2019
"If someone suddenly, and without a shadow of a doubt, disproved your God today, would you go out and start raping and pillaging?"

I certainly hope not. However, we have rape and pillaging, murder, and a whole lot of evil happening in society because many people either believe God doesn't exist or they think that He won't punish them.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 25 May 2017 at 14:00 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2019
"Impaled on a cross as an expression of love? How is that not twisted and masochistic?"

Only those who understand that they have violated God's Law can appreciate the fine being paid on their behalf.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 27 May 2017 at 14:00 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2019
"I don't hate God. I just don't believe He exists."

Such is the way of many cultures that if a son or daughter marries out of the faith or does something of which they strongly disagree, in the parent's minds, they no longer exist. There is no greater contempt for a person than to so hate them they don't exist in your mind.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 29 May 2017 at 14:00 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46am On May 31, 2019
"Christianity is a guilt trip?"

Which of the Ten Commandments makes you feel guilty, and why?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 30 May 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11am On May 31, 2019
"Someone you love more than life itself dies and goes to Hell, and you die shortly after and go to Heaven. Is it truly Heaven without that person beside you?"

Heaven is a location, not a mere state of mind. God is the Creator of all things. With Him, nothing is impossible, and He says that He will give pleasure forevermore.

Not believing that doesn't change reality.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 31 May 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29am On Jun 08, 2019
"If God wants us all to follow and worship Him, why didn't He create us as such?"

When He created Adam and Eve, they were without sin. But when they disobeyed God, sin entered their hearts and then passed it on to their offspring. When you are born again God makes you a new creation.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 8 June 2017 at 14:00 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
"Atheists are free-thinkers."

Anyone who believes that nothing created everything isn't a free-thinker. He is free from thinking. The Bible calls him a "fool" (see Psalm 14:1).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 8 June 2015 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.

"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"

The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence,
thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which
the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss
God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know shit?"

And then she went back to reading her book.

https://www.facebook.com/noicantbelieveit/ 22 July 2013 ·

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
"I don't know how anyone can tell me with a straight face that an all-forgiving, all-loving, compassionate God would condemn anyone to eternal pain and agony in the bowels of Hell for eternity just for the actions of a mere 90 years on this planet."

The Bible doesn't say that God is all-forgiving and all-loving. You are creating an "idol"--making up a false god in your mind. God is holy and just as well as loving and merciful. His love is seen in that He gave you the gift of life. His mercy is seen in allowing you to sin against Him. But if you refuse to repent and end up dying in your sins, He will give you absolute justice, and that's a fearful thing. Damnation means forever being damned from all the pleasures He lavished upon you, for which you were so unthankful.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 12 June 2014 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
"We'll leave you alone as soon as you realize not everyone shares the same beliefs and keep your beliefs in your home and churches where they belong…none of us have the right to impose our beliefs on each other. The human race will be in a much better place when religious people learn this."

We won't be keeping the gospel to ourselves, our homes, or our churches. We are going to use every medium possible to shout the message of everlasting life from the housetops.

We're coming at you to tell you that eternal life is the free gift of God--and that no one needs to end up in Hell--including you. We deeply care about you and where you spend eternity, even if you don't.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 11 June 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
"It was Christians that slaughtered millions of Native American Indians."

Christians don't slaughter anybody. Sinful man does in the name of God. He always has, and he always will. Saying that Christians killed millions of Indians is about as fair as saying atheists killed 110 million through atheistic Communism.

The problem isn't atheism or religion. It's sinful men.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 7 June at 16:52 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2019
"Have you ever wondered why the bible doesn't answer some of our biggest questions about the universe?" Jeremy Whitsett

It answers questions about our origin, our purpose in existence, morality, suffering, why we die, what happens after death, the origin of male and female, the origin of evil, how to be free from guilt, the origin of marriage, how to raise your kids, how to find everlasting life, and a thousand and one of humanity's other "biggest questions." What questions were you referring to?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 13 June 2014 ·
www.livingwaters.com
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:59am On Jun 17, 2019
"The only thing that disappoints me about the lack of afterlife is that you loons will never even have that moment where you realize they were wrong all along. I almost wish they would, and I'd love to be there to see it!"

We don't think the same of you. When you find out that God is morally perfect and that Hell is real, there won't be anything in us that says "We told you so." We're horrified at the thought of you facing absolute justice and being justly damned forever.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 15 June 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

T. B Joshua At 55: The Story Behind His Glory Revealed / Prophet Wale Olagunju: 'Atiku Will Defeat Buhari 2019, Osinbajo Has Failed God' / Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.