Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity (22462 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08am On Nov 30, 2019
Someone Said: "Why do bad things happen to good people?"

Ray Answers: According to the Bible, there are no good people. Not even one. So the real question is, why do good things happen to bad people? Why does God send the rain on the just and the unjust? Why does He let blasphemers live? The answer is that He is kind, good, rich in mercy, waiting for each to repent and trust the Saviour. see -> www.needGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 25 November 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13am On Dec 02, 2019
Leonie Trent said: "Ray, you said earlier that no amount of discussion could make you change your mind ('Those who are converted by God cannot be talked out of their faith'). That suggests that no matter how much evidence or reason is presented to you, you will never even consider that you are wrong that the only way to heaven is to believe what you believe, rather than any good works. I think my beliefs, when I was a Christian, were more in line with what Galileo. 'I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.'"

Ray Answers: As an atheist, you have convictions (that can change with time or if you are exposed to extra knowledge). As a Christian I don't have mere convictions. I know the Lord (as does every genuine Christian). We can't un-know Him. You quoted my words when I said that we were "converted by God." It is God who reveals Himself through the new birth of John 3.

Again, He reveals Himself, personally. This doesn't mean that we hear voices or see visions. He transforms us on the inside, making us completely new people (that's why it's called the new birth). We then speak to Him through prayer, He speaks to us through His Word, and we trust Him implicitly (see John 14:21). You said of yourself "When I was a Christian," but theologically speaking (because you fell away) Scripture makes it clear that you had a false conversion (see Luke 9:62). I'm sure you would agree that you didn't know God, because to maintain you did flies in the face of your atheist convictions. If you can stand the sound of my voice, how about you listen to "True and False Conversion" on www.livingwaters.com and get back to me with your thoughts. Btw. God bless Galileo for not buckling to the scientific blindness of the Catholic church. I agree with his words completely. see www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 2 December 2013 at 15:00 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34am On Dec 12, 2019
Meagain Nudderacont said: “Actually Ray, atheism is the default position one acquires through logic and reason. There is however a strong argument that belief systems of theists in the supernatural are insane, and frankly quite stupid. You may want to pray a little harder for that 'wisdom' you were speaking about.”

Ray Answers: Your only default position with atheism is to believe that nothing created everything, or to redefine "nothing" as "something" (which is what Dawkins does). Such a belief-system is scientific lunacy at its best. Atheism is as far from "logic and reason" as the East is from the West. No one needs to pray for wisdom to see this. A child can figure it out by looking around him at the order and beauty of Nature. Our precedent for atheism is not only based on Psalm 14:1 but upon common sense.

Although it may be hard for you to see, my words are motivated only by love and from a deep concern for where you spend eternity. The greatest favor anyone can ever do for an atheist is to pop his little bubble of delusion and bring him or her back to reality. see -> www.evolutionVsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 12 December 2013 at 19:00 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41am On Dec 12, 2019
An atheist wrote: “Stay calm people, sin doesn't exist. It’s just an imaginary disease invented so Christians could sell you the ‘cure."

Rape is sin. Murder is sin. Child molestation is sin. Be calm people, these things don’t exist. They’re all imaginary... There’s good reason God‘s Word calls the atheist a fool.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 12 December 2013 ·

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
Alan Byers said: "The Christian notion that death is 'nothing serious' is both telling and deeply unsettling."

Ray answers: In a world of continual violence, terrible wars, terrorism, child rape, disease and death, there are more important things to be deeply unsettled about than a Christian's assurance that he has everlasting life. Islam is the religion that kills those who don't believe, and thinks that God will reward them with sex, for murder. Christians are the ones that love you, and we are concerned about your eternal salvation. That's it. Nothing else.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 13 December 2013 at 07:00 ·

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
Someone Said: “How can you justify God killing everyone in a flood?”

Ray Answers: God doesn’t have to justify Himself to anybody, because He is God. Everyone will die, because the Judge of the Universe has proclaimed our death sentence. We are the ones who need justification, not God, and we can be justified through repentance and faith in Jesus.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 16 December 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
Someone Said: “Adam didn’t die the day God said he would!”

Ray Answers: Skeptics point to the fact that Adam lived until he was 930 years old (see Gen. 5:5) and claim that he did not die “the day” he ate the forbidden fruit. Just as physical death occurs when our soul separates from our body, spiritual death occurs when our soul is separated from God. Adam was unique in that when he was created, God breathed His Spirit into him, giving Adam spiritual life—so he could know and relate to His Creator. But Ezek. 18:4 tells us, “The soul that sins shall die.” Because God is so holy that He cannot abide with sin (Psa. 5:4; Hab. 1:13), He withdrew His Holy Spirit from Adam when he disobeyed, and Adam died spiritually at that very moment.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 30 December 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2019
Someone Said: “God wants to keep people from having knowledge!”

Ray Answers: Some skeptics see the word “knowledge” in Gen. 3:5 (in ref. to the T=tree of the knowledge of good and evil) and conclude that God wants to prohibit man from having knowledge. They claim God likes people to be ignorant and unthinking, but they fail to consider what it is a knowledge of. But their sin brought evil into the world, and once mankind knew both good and evil, he had to choose between the two.

Before sin was in the world, Adam and Eve knew, and experienced, only good; in fact, God’s entire creation was “very good.” These same skeptics often complain about the evil they see in the world and blame it on God—yet it was because of Adam and Eve's desire to know good and evil that we now know and experience evil.

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
Someone Said: “Why are there two different creation accounts in the Bible?”

Ray Answers: Some skeptics claim that chapters 1 and 2 are contradictory. However, a close reading shows there is no contradiction. Genesis 1 gives the day-by-day account of the entire creation week, whereas Gen. 2 gives the details of man’s creation on the sixth day. Since the creation work was finished in chapter 1 (which closes with the end of day six), Genesis 2 begins by recapping: “Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done” (vv. 1,2). To make it even clearer, God then tells us, “This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created” (v. 4).

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
“How could there be light before the sun?”

Before God created the sun to give light to the earth, He provided a light source for the first three days. Where would the original light have come from? The Bible tells us that God is light (1 John 1:5; Rev. 22:5), and that in the new heavens and earth there will be no need for the sun or moon, “for the glory of God illuminated it” (Rev. 21:23). Some pagan religions worship the sun, and even evolutionary theory credits the sun for the creation of life. Knowing that man is prone to worship anything but the Creator, perhaps God did it this way specifically to show that He, not the sun, is responsible for the origin of life (see Deut. 4:19; Ezek. 8:16). From, The Evidence Bible

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
Cosmo Vern said: “I'd like to point out, in addition to my earlier reply, that only one of two scenarios could have allowed 3.6 million animals (1.8 million species, in pairs) and 8 humans to fit on the ark. 1. God shrank the animals so they'd all fit. 2. Noah was a Time Lord and the ark was a TARDIS.”

Ray Answers: There’s one more scenario you haven't considered. See if you can spot the repetition of a particular word that skeptics dislike: “Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive” (Genesis 6:20). That’s right, it’s the dreaded word “kind”—that archaic word that the dictionary defines as “a class or group of individual objects, people, animals, etc., of the same nature or character, or classified together because they have traits in common.” It’s a despised word because it means God didn’t have to get today’s approximately 6.5 million species to fit onto the ark. It means Noah needed only one pair for the canine kind—from which would come all the species of dog, from the Chihuahua to the Great Dane—and one pair for the feline kind—from which would come the domesticated cat and the tiger, etc. So now we are talking just thousands of animals, not millions. And because these animals need not have been fully grown (averaging the size of a sheep), it becomes possible.

Another consideration is the size of the ark. It wasn't the little rubber-ducky-bobbing-boat portrayed in kid’s cartoons. It was a massive three-level ship, the size of one and a half football fields.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 28 December 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2019
Chris Jones said: “There was no great flood”

Ray Answers: About 70% of the earth is covered in water. Where did it come from?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 28 December 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Someone Said: "Atheists are free-thinkers."

Ray Answers: Anyone who believes that nothing created everything isn’t a free-thinker. He is free from thinking. The Bible calls him a “fool” (see Psalm 14:1).

--> www.Evolutionvsgod.com

So who or what was the something that created God.

Well i blame our mischievous grandfathers who dumped their traditions because they lost hope.
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
WebSurfer:

So who or what was the something that created God.

Well i blame our mischievous grandfathers who dumped their traditions because they lost hope.

Who told you God was created? undecided
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Who told you God was created? undecided
Who also told you God created the world
As far i am concerned about your Abrahamic religion, the first humans created were adam and eve
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
WebSurfer:

Who also told you God created the world
As far i am concerned about your Abrahamic religion, the first humans created were adam and eve

If you've got 5 senses that are working you will know that God created the world. cool
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
Leonie Trent said: James, your hateful words towards people who don't believe what you believe cause hate. Try love. It's nice.

Ray Answers: Human love is very shallow. God's love is infinite and eternal. The Bible says, "God is love." He is love's reservoir--its source, and we don't know love until we know God. We simply experience a small drop, when the ocean is available. But the only way to see that love is by looking at yourself in the light of God's moral Law. Without that knowledge, the love expressed in the cross will be hidden from you. It will mean nothing. The Bible says it seem "foolishness to those who are perishing." Is that true?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 29 December 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
Cattle stand at the slaughterhouse waiting for their turn. Cattle are dumb.
Sheep follow the "Judas" sheep to the slaughter. Sheep are dumb.
Atheists are waiting to die and don't do anything about it...
when they could find everlasting life, if they obeyed the gospel.
See if you can figure what sheep, cattle, and atheists have in common.

If you're an atheist and you think that I'm provoking you, you're right. I'm provoking you to think. This is not a game. It's more serious than a heart attack. Think about your eternity. See www.needGod.com for details of how to find everlasting life.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 29 December 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2019
Someone Said: “Where did Cain get his wife?”

Ray Answers: With only Adam and Eve as the only parents of all humanity, Cain and Abel, then, must have married their sisters. All of the first-generation siblings married each other in order to populate the earth. At that time there was no law against incest. Because the genetic line was so pure in the beginning, there was no problem with inbreeding. But as the population grew large enough, and as the risk of genetic problems increased due to sin’s curse, God outlawed marriage between immediate family members (see Lev. 18:6–18).

BTW. If you have a wife, you married a distant sister.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 31 December 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

If you've got 5 senses that are working you will know that God created the world. cool
If you have sense you would know that is an ignorant statement
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2019
WebSurfer:

If you have sense you would know that is an ignorant statement

Don't get me wrong, it was not an insult. I meant anyone with his or her senses will know God created the world, don't you think? undecided
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Don't get me wrong, it was not an insult. I meant anyone with his or her senses will know God created the world, don't you think? undecided
No, those who really have sense have taken more measures to do a proper research and understanding about this world as a sole responsibility personally instead of accepting ignorantly what the old and uneducated world tells them
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
WebSurfer:

No, those who really have sense have taken more measures to do a proper research and understanding about this world as a sole responsibility personally instead of accepting ignorantly what the old and uneducated world tells them

With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence that God created the world. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to God's creation (world). When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator (God). I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God, for

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know more about God you need faith based on His Word and World and a conscience that works. wink
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence that God created the world. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to God's creation (world). When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator (God). I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God, for

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know more about God you need faith based on His Word and World and a conscience that works. wink
This is why i can not argue with any of you Christians.

Instead of looking closely at Geography and understanding the nature and Force, you are still here quoting biblical scriptures inscribed by man
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2019
WebSurfer:

This is why i can not argue with any of you Christians.

Instead of looking closely at Geography and understanding the nature and Force, you are still here quoting biblical scriptures inscribed by man

You can't argue with any Christian because you've got no argument.

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You can't argue with any Christian because you've got no argument.
Just imagine how daft you can be to think sin is why you think Atheists don’t accept your delusions

Isn’t it clear enough you cannot stand hypothetical questions or arguments ? Besides, who sin more than religious people ?
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
WebSurfer:

Just imagine how daft you can be to think sin is why you think Atheists don’t accept your delusions

Isn’t it clear enough you cannot stand hypothetical questions or arguments ? Besides, who sin more than religious people ?

"Anyone who believes that nothing created everything isn’t a free-thinker. He is free from thinking. The Bible calls him a “fool” (see Psalm 14:1)." cool
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"Anyone who believes that nothing created everything isn’t a free-thinker. He is free from thinking. The Bible calls him a “fool” (see Psalm 14:1)." cool
Meanwhile, the realistic fools are those who believe in prejudice and delusions with contradicting stories and beliefs

You can respond to my mentions from now till next year. but know that each day, i find more research answers sternly supporting my views about how fake/borrowed and even useless religion is. This is why in advanced nations e.g China, it is being either being shut down or re-evaluated
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Jan 02, 2020
WebSurfer:

Meanwhile, the realistic fools are those who believe in prejudice and delusions with contradicting stories and beliefs

You can respond to my mentions from now till next year. but know that each day, i find more research answers sternly supporting my views about how fake/borrowed and even useless religion is. This is why in advanced nations e.g China, it is being either being shut down or re-evaluated

What else is irrational, unreasonable, illogical and unscientific than to believe that something and everything came from nothing? undecided

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

What else is irrational, unreasonable, illogical and unscientific than to believe that something and everything came from nothing? undecided
and who made you think everything came from nothing. Grow up and start using your senses or study to have the right education man
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
WebSurfer:

and who made you think everything came from nothing. Grow up and start using your senses or study to have the right education man

Answer the question then. What is the origin of the universe? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale / Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2019 Prophecies: '1 Governor, 4 Senators Will Die’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.