Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption (40775 Views)

We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by mandarin: 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
freeze001:

My dear, the law is not sentimental. It deals and operates with cold hard facts and evidence. Why strengthen an illegality no matter how well thought out? It is the reason for instance, a case can be upturned at the Supreme Court simply because the trial judge had no jurisdiction no mater how well thought out and researched such judgment may be. His action was designed to enrich and uphold our constitution; why would he seek to support something unconstitutional because of the sentiments of fighting corruption? His position was for the police and the AG already empowered by the Constitution to be properly streamlined to carry out their constitutional functions which includes dealing with corruption and not the creation of what he considered an illegal creation that was not provided for in the Constitution. He had no problem with fighting corruption, he only demanded that it be done within the ambit of the constitution which is the supreme law of the land.

Sir, you don't delibrately act in a manner that can hinder the general feelings of the population for which your knowledge is supposed to protect because the organization in question is, to the majority and by general convention desirable at the time. The constitution derives power from the people and so you can't by your cleverly thought and crafted position hinder the desire of the general populace bearing within your conscience your actions would constitute stagnancy on the war against graft.
What would be your contribution to anti graft war? by saying you seek to enshrined Efcc act in the constitution when the very people holding the economy to the jugular would happily seek solace in your pretentious legality.
Sir, you would agree that Gani and Co that worked on the side of Efcc would be aware of those limitations but would have within the premise of legal provision supported the organization to at least enable Nigerians to see that somethings were being done on anti graft. I refuse to be convinced over your legal interpretation of the SAN's action, it was clearly against the wish of the people.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by Fourwinds: 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:
So the lawyers will not hustle for their daily bread?? blame your own legal team for incompetence
Oga Seun did u read this piece of nonsense in responds to what d OP wrote.

plenty plenty nonsense dey for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by adontcare(f): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
#Ribadu nuhu for president 2019

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by gawu1: 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
Stalwert:
While the likes of Gani Fayemi were supporting EFCC with free legal support you have fools Ben nwabueze trying hard to frustrate efcc and till date kicks against govt efforts to fight corruption. Some people life long mission is doing good while others is to protect evil. May Allah frustrate evil doers and their protectors.
It is this same fool Ben Nwabueze that attempted to force on Nigerians a constitutions he single handedly wrote inside his parlor during GEJ arranged conference. The man is not only a supporter of corruption, he is corrupt to the core. At the beginning of this present administration he attempted to show head but when he realised that the new sheriff was not smiling he quietly bowed down only at times trying to ember ethnic crisis.
God will surely expose them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by lordmans(m): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:

Lawyers went law school to win cases using the laws of the land and not some "moralist" grandstanding

U may continue to seek solace in dat assertion of urs. Bt in some climes good names n moral standing s important.

I doubt if anyone will name dere child Lawrence Anini or Billy the kid.

Some names were etched deep in our memory cos of d goodness dat s associated wit dem.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by Stalwert: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
gawu1:

It is this same fool Ben Nwabueze that attempted to force on Nigerians a constitutions he single handedly wrote inside his parlor during GEJ arranged conference. The man is not only a supporter of corruption, he is corrupt to the core. At the beginning of this present administration he attempted to show head but when he realised that the new sheriff was not smiling he quietly bowed down only at times trying to ember ethnic crisis.
God will surely expose them.

Na him oh, charlatans deceiving themselves
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by echemoses(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
so why are you now telling us now.....to late to cry when the head is off.....cos curruption has taken over centre stage now....
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by donodion(m): 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
I say this with best of confidence...Besides Buhari, my vote will go to this man Nuhu Ribadu as the next president of Nigeria.

Not old corrupt fart like Atiku and i boldly say this with every temerity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by themanderon: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
Most Nigerians are so easily manipulated, half truths everywhere. why not tell us why the prosecutions where always against those in the opposition? Nothing has changed about the efcc. we know it has always been a tool to hunt down the opposition by any government in power whether PDP or as it is today the APC.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by lezz(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
donodion:
I say this with best of confidence...Besides Buhari, my vote will go to this man Nuhu Ribadu as the next president of Nigeria.

Not old corrupt fart like Atiku and i boldly say this with every temerity.

Couldn't have agreed more, bro. Buhari's ascension has opened the door of hope for every failed politician to openly nurse the ambition of becoming president again.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by Dominicah(f): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
lezz:
Couldn't have agreed more, bro. Buhari's ascension has opened the door of hope for every failed politician to openly nurse the ambition of becoming president again.
welcome back lezz, this moniker has been scarce.

Don't ask who I am, good night grin
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by lezz(m): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Dominicah:
welcome back lezz, this moniker has been scarce.

Don't ask who I am, good night grin
You're mine. It's sure been a while.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by freeze001(f): 5:19am On Dec 03, 2016
mandarin:

Sir, you don't delibrately act in a manner that can hinder the general feelings of the population for which your knowledge is supposed to protect because the organization in question is, to the majority and by general convention desirable at the time. The constitution derives power from the people and so you can't by your cleverly thought and crafted position hinder the desire of the general populace bearing within your conscience your actions would constitute stagnancy on the war against graft.
What would be your contribution to anti graft war? by saying you seek to enshrined Efcc act in the constitution when the very people holding the economy to the jugular would happily seek solace in your pretentious legality.
Sir, you would agree that Gani and Co that worked on the side of Efcc would be aware of those limitations but would have within the premise of legal provision supported the organization to at least enable Nigerians to see that somethings were being done on anti graft. I refuse to be convinced over your legal interpretation of the SAN's action, it was clearly against the wish of the people.

The last sentence of my post should have put ur mislaid angst to rest. I said he did not and does not have problems with the fight against graft, his business was n is to ensure that the constitution isn't raped with illegality foisted on it.

There will always be opposing opinions and interpretation of any position particularly an unclear one so for as many lawyers that questioned the legality and powers of the EFCC, there were that much who found legal basis for it. At he end of the day it enriches our body of laws and legislative history.

The point of all if this is that Nuhu Ribadu was only reacting to his source of daily bread being apparently threatened, not about any questionable character of Prof. At the end of the day, the EFCC has become a tool for political enemies and those not in favour of the powers that be and not much else. Exactly how much graft have they even prevented? They are hardly proactive and only reactionary after on may have already benefitted from criminal enterprise.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by davidif: 8:52am On Dec 03, 2016
basilo102:
So the lawyers will not hustle for their daily bread?? blame your own legal team for incompetence

But lawyers are meant to uphold ethics and justice first and foremost not there "daily bread". If you want more unscrupulous ways to make money then go and become a business man instead and leave the noble profession of law alone.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by davidif: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2016
basilo102:

Lawyers went law school to win cases using the laws of the land and not some "moralist" grandstanding

That's where you are wrong. Lawyers are meant to put justice, ethics and integrity before all. They are supposed to be the shining lights of good and justice in our society.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by jamace(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hmm.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by humphrey1356(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
q
Emassive:
Failed state of the Nation only opens up when they are not in power anymore. I just hope Magu can hold the likes of Ngige, Orrji, Tinubu, Ameachi, FFK, obanikoro, fashola, Peter odili, Oduaghan, dickson, Godswill A and the likes to cough up all looted funds they have today as investments so he won't tell us stories like Ribadu keeps doing in all press briefings.

typical of southerners... Almost all of our past leaders are corrupt while our brothers up north are not.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by Emassive(m): 2:05am On Dec 06, 2016
humphrey1356:
qtypical of southerners... Almost all of our past leaders are corrupt while our brothers up north are not.

Well it is not my fault when all our leaders allow themselves to be used against each other. You will never see Buhari calling Abacha names but Obasanjo will hate Jonathan in public. They know we are not ONE down south so they find a way to use our literacy as a weapon to pull our leaders down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Gallant Nigerian Soldiers Doing The Zanku Legwork Dance / ESN/IPOB Attacked Passengers, Burnt Buses In Imo Over Sit-At-Home - Man (Video) / Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.