Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,367 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! (6058 Views)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 79th Birthday / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Did You Know: The History Of Christianity Can Be Traced To Only Roman Catholic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

someone is also calling you HopefulLandlord grin
christianity and confusion be like the pic below..

While christianity should be a synonym for hypocrisy

Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by DelusionKiller(f): 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
promisechuks:

the op is just DUMB kid, released from his cage of rage against God.

imagine the moniker. delusionkiller.

you are deluded and yet claiming to be a delusion killer.

maybe you want to be the next hardmirror.

discussion posts are welcome, this post of yours Attacking the person and not the posts

drive by like you're doing makes you look foolish
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by DelusionKiller(f): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2016

"Insanity " "derangement" "dumb kid"

do posts like these even warrant a reply?
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by HardMirror(m): 5:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

You are trying too hard to cover your tracks Hardmirror but I know this is you.
Indeed, I am the nightmare of many here. All they see is hardmirror. I have even forgotten you exist

1 Like

Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by promisechuks: 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2016
HardMirror:

Indeed, I am the nightmare of many here. All they see is hardmirror. I have even forgotten you exist

Mr lair go and seat down!

your lies are unique.

you just created another moniker to hardmirror more people but you are dead on arrival.
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
promisechuks:

Mr lair go and seat down!

your lies are unique.

you just created another moniker to hardmirror more people but you are dead on arrival.
This is Exactly the point he is making..
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by ScienceWatch: 2:25am On Dec 03, 2016
Finally honest scientists have agreed that evolution and the Big Bang for what it always was. A SERIOUS SCAM !

Honest scientists have seen overwhelming scientifically verifiable evidence coming out of the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and two excellent sources of study, Emmanuel TV and youtube.com

There can be no more tragic expression of human foolishness and perversity than the Jews rejection of The Messiah. In spite of hundreds of years of waiting and studying their scriptures concerning the coming of Jesus Christ, they dismissed him and instigated his destruction. The Jews plan failed, Jesus is risen from death. God will not be mocked !

Now we have no more excuse for our dark ignorance of how the spirit realm on both the dark side and the light side operate in human life, thanks to Emmanuel TV.
It is frightening to hear all the personal testimonies of people that have suffered because of stepping into the dark side.
Can one escape the vicious spiritual traps laid for millions of innocent people by fake pastors, competing religions, cruel governments and science ?
Emmanuel TV provide the most scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH to the world 24 HRS A DAY. Now you too can escape into true light.
DelusionKiller:
There’s a lot of killing in the Bible—the honest and wholesome kind. The God-commanded kind.
What are we to make of this violence? Apologist William Lane Craig takes a stab at justifying The Slaughter of the Canaanites.”

Craig’s entire project is bizarre—trying to support the sagging claims of God’s goodness despite that deity’s passion for genocide—but he gamely has a go. Craig responds to the question, “But wasn’t it wrong to kill all the innocent children?”

If we believe, as I do, that God’s grace is extended to those who die in infancy or as small children, the death of these children was actually their salvation. We are so wedded to an earthly, naturalistic perspective that we forget that those who die are happy to quit this earth for heaven’s incomparable joy. Therefore, God does these children no wrong in taking their lives.

What’s this supposed to mean?? Does it mean that Andrea Yates was actually right that she was saving her five children from the possibility of going to hell by drowning them one by one in the bathtub? Does it mean that abortion is actually a good thing because those souls “are happy to quit this earth for heaven’s incomparable joy”? I hope none of Craig’s readers have followed up with this route to salvation.
It’s hard to believe that he’s actually justifying the killing of children, but there’s more. Let’s fillet Craig’s next paragraph:

So whom does God wrong in commanding the destruction of the Canaanites? Not the Canaanite adults, for they were corrupt and deserving of judgment.

I thought that genocide was wrong. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Not the children, for they inherit eternal life

Yeah, right. Killing children is actually a good thing. (Are we living Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four, where “War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength”?)

So who is wronged?

Wait for it!

Ironically, I think the most difficult part of this whole debate is the apparent wrong done to the Israeli soldiers themselves. Can you imagine what it would be like to have to break into some house and kill a terrified woman and her children? The brutalizing effect on these Israeli soldiers is disturbing.

Uh, yeah. That was the big concern in my mind, too.
Can you believe this guy? My guess is that he is a decent and responsible person, is a good husband and father, works hard, and pays his taxes. But he’s writing this? It’s like discovering that your next-door neighbor is a member of the Ku Klux Klan.
This brings up the Christopher Hitchens Challenge (video). Hitchens challenges anyone to state a moral action taken or a moral sentiment uttered by a believer that couldn’t be taken or uttered by an unbeliever—something that a believer could do but an atheist couldn’t. In the many public appearances in which Hitchens has made this challenge, he has never heard a valid reply.
But think of the reverse: something terrible that only a believer would do or say. Now, there are lots of possibilities. Obviously, anything containing variations on “because God says” or “because the Bible says” could be an example.

---“The Bible says, ‘Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.’”

---“Despite the potential benefits to public health, we should avoid embryonic stem cell research because it’s against the Bible.”

---“God hates gays.”

Or, as in this case, “God supports genocide.”

This reminds me what physicist Steven Weinberg said: “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.

In other words: Christianity can rot your brain.

[size=4pt]source[/size]
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by ScienceWatch: 2:33am On Dec 03, 2016
promisechuks:

the op is just DUMB kid, released from his cage of rage against God.

imagine the moniker. delusionkiller.

you are deluded and yet claiming to be a delusion killer.

maybe you want to be the next hardmirror.

The common thread with almost all overt atheists is serious mental illness or an inclination to develop a profound mental illness by age thirty-five.

“We have found that to be true in about 97% of the cases. You never have any medical study where 97% of your results are positive. It’s almost impossible to make a mistake with numbers like that. Something is going on here and the common thread with almost all overt atheists is serious mental illness or an inclination to develop a profound mental illness by age thirty-five.
“It’s hard to accept something like this — something like the results of our study — in an enlightened society, but there is no getting around the scientific proof. Every variable and every model that has been used comes to the same conclusion. People who openly do not believe in a creator or a greater spirit and opt to debate it as part of their definition of self, are almost always suffering from a serious mental illness, and if they are not currently sick, the odds are nearly 100% that they eventually will become mentally ill. “

View the full article here:
http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by ScienceWatch: 2:39am On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:
Ii

Christians and Muslims believe that their scriptures can never be wrong so mental gymnastics is the only way to defend some of the things written in inside those book. William Craig is one of the best christian debaters but he is such a confused person sometimes. When cornered he says things that are completely inane. He once said the people that wrote the violent parts of the bible weren't inspired by God and just wrote what came to their mind. He really said that.
, I think there was an understanding that defining yourself by what you are against isn’t psychologically healthy.

With all other belief systems, adherents submit to something higher than themselves. Christians, Muslims, Jews, even Secular Humanists set their sights on a positive set of principles that supersedes their own personal whims. This is good. This is healthy. By directing your energy toward overarching values to which you willingly submit, it acts as a check against the natural human urge to turn yourself into a god.
To say that your guiding belief system is atheism literally means nothing more than not theism. There’s nothing positive to focus on, nothing higher than yourself to which you can submit selfish urges. The process of fleshing out your own views is a process of constant rejection: I don’t believe this religion, I don’t believe in that form of spirituality, I don’t believe in that superstition, and so on.

That mentality of constant dismissal of other ideas can fester to the point that the sin of pride becomes your driving force in life. (I don’t think I’m the only one who’s noticed that there is a markedly nasty tone among many “new atheists” such as Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris, et al whenever the subject of belief systems comes up.)
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
So not only was the OP not addressed, it wasn't refuted...it was just childish bickering all over again. DelusionKiller nice thread, interesting read too. You guys really need to grow up and fast, you guys are taking all this too personal. Some remarks are not worth answering to (red herrings), just say okay or alright and move on. You must not engage anybody/everybody to make a point. This is just plain childish from supposedly matured people. The recent threads are proof that age has nada to do with maturity, and surprisingly neither does money. DelusionKiller again kudos for the OP.
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by DelusionKiller(f): 8:38am On Mar 12, 2017
MrMarvelous:
So not only was the OP not addressed, it wasn't refuted...it was just childish bickering all over again. DelusionKiller nice thread, interesting read too. You guys really need to grow up and fast, you guys are taking all this too personal. Some remarks are not worth answering to (red herrings), just say okay or alright and move on. You must not engage anybody/everybody to make a point. This is just plain childish from supposedly matured people. The recent threads are proof that age has nada to do with maturity, and surprisingly neither does money. DelusionKiller again kudos for the OP.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Recipe For Effective Prayer - Talk Less And Believe More! By Reno Omokri / What Will Be The Judgment For Christians Who Support Jungle Justice? / The End Of The Year Blessings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.