Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals (9788 Views)

PDP Crisis: Sheriff Welcomes Jonathan’s Intervention / Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention / Jimoh Ibrahim Emerges Ondo PDP Candidate For Sheriff's Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by kahal29: 5:36am On Dec 02, 2016
The Ali Modu Sheriff faction of the Peoples Democratic Party, on Thursday, asked the Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal to adjourn indefinitely the various appeals relating to the leadership tussle between it and the rival faction of the party led by Ahmed Makarfi.

The Sheriff faction, represented by its lawyer, Chief Akin Olujinmi (SAN), urged the Justice Ibrahim Saulawa-led panel of the appeal court to put the hearing of the three appeals before it on hold, pending when the Port Harcourt Division of the court would deliver its reserved judgment on a similar case.

The Port Harcourt Division has yet to fix a date for its reserved judgment.

The three pending appeals before the Abuja Division, one of which was filed by Makarfi and the two others filed by his faction of the PDP, are with numbers, CA/A/402/2016; CA/A/402A/2016 and CA/A/402D/M/2016.

The appeals are mainly challenging the ruling of Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja delivered on June 30, 2016 recognising Sheriff faction of the party as the one with authority to brief lawyers to represent the party in any court matter.

The Sheriff faction is represented as the first and second respondents in the three pending appeals before the Abuja Division by two members of the party in Ondo and Edo states, Chief Benson Akingboye and Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma, respectively.

The Independent National Electoral Commission is the third respondent in the appeals.

Olujinmi informed the three-man panel of the appeal court in Abuja on Thursday that he had filed a motion seeking the indefinite adjournment of the appeals in order to avoid the possibility of the court giving a decision that would conflict with that of Port Harcourt Division.

He said, “After reading all the processes in these appeals and those filed before the Port Harcourt Division, the central issue running through all of them has to do with the leadership of the PDP.

“Instead of dissipating energy to hear the appeals and opening another avenue for conflicting decisions of this court and the Port Harcourt Division, we took the view that the best thing to do is to implore your lordship to adjourn these appeals to await the reserved judgment of the Port Harcourt Division.

“The Court of Appeal is expected to resolve a number of conflicting decisions of the Federal High Court on this issue. The Court of Appeal should not run into the same problem.”

Counsel for Makarfi, the appellant in one of the three pending appeals, Mr. Yunus Ustaz (SAN), informed the court that he had been served with Olujinmi’s motion and had responded to it.

Ustaz said he was ready for the hearing of the application but urged that it should be heard along with the main appeal.

Counsel representing the PDP (Sheriff faction) in the appeal, Mr. Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), said he would not oppose the application.

Also, INEC’s lawyer, Mr. Nelson Anih, said the commission would remain neutral by not opposing or supporting the motion.

But another lawyer representing the PDP (Makarfi faction) the other two appeals, Mr. Emmanuel Ukala (SAN), sought to be given time to respond to the motion because it would have impact in the other appeals involving him.

http://punchng.com/pdp-crisis-sheriff-faction-seeks-indefinite-adjournment-appeals/

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by chiwetaluAGU(m): 5:40am On Dec 02, 2016
This man has brought his wealth of bokoharam sponsorship experience to bear on PDP activities .... thereby gradually snuffing life out of the poor dying party grin cheesy grin

Which other way can one depict cancerous effect grin

12 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Flexherbal(m): 5:43am On Dec 02, 2016
Selfish politicians!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by tunderay(m): 6:03am On Dec 02, 2016
Sheriff want to be sure the PDP umbrella turn to shrewd before he takes a bow.

Nothing do you SAS, continue the killing. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by sarrki(m): 6:07am On Dec 02, 2016
They should close ranks

We need a viable opposition

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Progressive01(m): 6:14am On Dec 02, 2016
Sheriff must have been a thorn in the flesh if his teachers back in primary school. The man stubborn gan!!! cheesy

Everyday Wike and Fayose wake up and think about the situation or things in their beloved party, they would wonder "oh God, what have we done?"

Sheriff meanwhile go dey one side dey enjoy him okada while his lawyers wreak untold havoc on the party. gringrin

Keep thugging Sheriff, nothing do you! grin

Goodmorning Lalasticlala.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by DamiBukola: 6:35am On Dec 02, 2016
sarrki:
They should close ranks

We need a viable opposition

Stop this nonsense u r spewing here, we don't need opposition. You have always prayed for the burial of pdp so here is an avenue; embrace it with open arms. If I were to be in Buhari's shoe, I would've ensured pdp is buried so I can do anything in Nigeria without opposition.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by odiks: 7:21am On Dec 02, 2016
So this other thread which was opened yst was old news after all...

https://www.nairaland.com/3495766/sheriffs-faction-illegal-appeal-court

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Berrylite: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2016
PDP is going down
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Elchappo: 8:21am On Dec 02, 2016
DamiBukola:

Stop this nonsense u r spewing here, we don't need opposition. You have always prayed for the burial of pdp so here is an avenue; embrace it with open arms. If I were to be in Buhari's shoe, I would've ensured pdp is buried so I can do anything in Nigeria without opposition.

Ur brain is certainly made up of Lizard intestine...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Miles300: 8:22am On Dec 02, 2016
To think that this man once sponsored boko haram and still av the gust to be doing all this rubbish baffles me , what exactly has the court got to do with the leadership of PDP I don't even get it , d man bewitched dem or wat .. Why can't PDP disown him

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Thisis2raw(m): 8:22am On Dec 02, 2016
Sheriff Apc mole
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Donbigi2(m): 8:23am On Dec 02, 2016
I support fayose's decision to leave, sheriff is a thorn in the flesh
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by HonAdefe(m): 8:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Sherrif sha wan spoil show for pdp
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Atiku2019: 8:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Mega Party Loading. ..................

Atiku

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by frubben(m): 8:23am On Dec 02, 2016
So dem no just fit give dis man serious beating.

I knw whaat Dino can do now if to say na APC

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by deebrain(m): 8:24am On Dec 02, 2016
PDP = BAD.

APC= BADDER.
OBO (not human organs ) = BADDEST.
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by boyt1: 8:25am On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=DamiBukola post=51560526]

Stop this nonsense u r spewing here, we don't need opposition. You have always prayed for the burial of pdp so here is an avenue; embrace it with open arms. If I were to be in Buhari's shoe, I would've ensured pdp is buried so I can do anything in Nigeria without opposition. [/quote
OK!
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by playfulvivo: 8:25am On Dec 02, 2016
na PDP call am make him come chop o....now he no wan drop spoon....They relied on his wealth sorry stolen wealth to execute their programs. no c d result...i no envy dem at all
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by LordGuru1: 8:25am On Dec 02, 2016
Ok.
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by zeusdgrt(m): 8:26am On Dec 02, 2016
Buhari needs to be impeached,nor be all this nonsense news I dey see wen nor dey important
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by WILL888(m): 8:26am On Dec 02, 2016
The problem is, PDP is not a credible opposition I would pray to have in this country. It's better they exterminate the cancerous party.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by LordaGuru: 8:27am On Dec 02, 2016
*Currently listening to Fela's Double Whahala for...*

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by playfulvivo: 8:28am On Dec 02, 2016
@ATIKU 2019..why dey surrond am with woman na..Abi him wife neva complete..LOL
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Princelumide: 8:28am On Dec 02, 2016
Sometimes I laugh whenever I hear about sheriff's pdp faction... It shows that pdp is totally out of the system.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by jeeqaa7(m): 8:28am On Dec 02, 2016
selfish mofos....allow PDP to rise again.... mba

a house divided against itself can never stand
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Aburi001: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2016
By the time Sheriff would be through with PDP, Wike, Fayose and FFK would have no other option than to accept everything in good faith grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Splashme: 8:47am On Dec 02, 2016
Justice Okon Abang . . . . one of the Buhari/APC/Sheriff's mole in the Judiciary

Justice Okon Abang . . . . one of the Buhari/APC/Sheriff's mole in the Judiciary

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by Oildichotomy(m): 9:06am On Dec 02, 2016
These politicians won't seize to be foolish in chasing their personal interest.

God punish y'all
Re: PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals by godlovesyou77: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2016
It is easier to give monkey a drink with your cup but collecting the cup back na war.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Primaries: Compromised And Be Sacked, Oshiomhole Warns State APC Chairmen / Governor Okowa Celebrates 60th Birthday, Hosts People With Disabilities (Photos) / Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.