Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? (22246 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / Could My Husband Be Having An Affair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2009
chaircover:

Femi How now.

You are right; being a good husband is not just about paying for all the bills and that is one thing a lot of women forget to check out before saying I do.

How does he treat you when you are ill, how does he treat the people around you, your family, and even you?

Is he a man of integrity, how is the so called money used to pay the 100% bills made in the first instance? (some people build mansions with ill gotten gains and expect to live there in peace with their family) Is he sensitive to your emotional needs, is he a good listener, is he dependable etc and so many other qualities that makes a man a real man.

Money is much easier to make than to change a lousy husband.

Nethacker don't mind Femi. He is a naughty boy LOL

Femi are you sure you are already taken? I have nice women looking for good husbands o! - They seem to be in short supply at the moment grin

It makes me sick when i see a man and a woman fighting over stupid things, and i think that is why it is important for the man and the woman to really know themselves before making that lifelong commitment, there are so many men that seems to be settling down, all cos their friends are married, and all cos they dont wanna lost the woman, and some women just give so much pressure all cos their family and friends want them married, and also, some ladies will whine all cos they are now 26 years of age and yet they know nothing about the man.
I think there is a need to learn so much about marriage.
Chaircover, i don miss you on this family section oh, so stay around i beg.
I am too busy with biz that women wont find me attractive . . . . .
I know me and me know me as well grin, if you know what i mean.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nwamama1: 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2009
if am to say, i will say let both of them take the responsibilities together. Igbo adage says "AKA NRI KWO AKA IKPE, AKA IKPE AKWO AKA NRI"
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nwamama1: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2009
An advice to my fellow girls,NEVER on this earth depend only on your husband to take the family responsibilities alone cos later later you will bear the consequences and bear the burden and suffering alone

love you all
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
Nwamama1:

An advice to my fellow girls,NEVER on this earth depend only on your husband to take the family responsibilities alone cos later later you will bear the consequences and bear the burden and suffering alone

love you all

Great advice, however, for a man that knows how to love a woman and be a good husband, he will make sure that never happens, except if another woman jazz her husband.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by bawomolo(m): 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
ships noble prize to chaircover.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
bawomolo:

ships noble prize to chaircover.

I second the motion.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2009
ftmom:

Teminio

Did you ever consider that contributions to the household by either husband or wife are not only meaningful when they are monetary?

Has it ever occured to you that some households can live a good life on a single salary so that the glorified "housemaid" can concentrate more on the kids?

Don't know your situation but sure hope a time of enlightenment will come when you realise how ignorant you sounded.

Topic

I'm not working right now so my hubby is 100% responsible but if I had an income, sure I would contribute.

In some dual income households, one person pays all the bills and the other income income goes towards savings/investments/wealth accumulation so if a woman is not paying bills it does not necessarily mean she's spending her money on designer bags.

Ultimately, what is important is what the couple has decided between them.

So what is stopping you from having an income?
If you have little kids that you are taking care of and making sure homefront is all good and well, then, you are already contributing, cos if yo have to hire someone to do all that, it wont be cheap.
However, if you are just home watching soap opera and your husband is wishing that you are get a job, and yet you dont wanna get a job, cos a single income could do the job, then, you are just plain lazy and shd get off your lazy boy couch and do something to contribute into the upkeep of the home.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by iice(f): 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2009
^^^
I second that angry face grin grin

Wow! Didn't know you could be this romantic. I'm shocked

LOL i call it practical. Like someone said, what happens if he dies or some emergency comes up? undecided
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2009
ftmom:

So what is stopping you from having an income?
If you have little kids that you are taking care of and making sure homefront is all good and well, then, you are already contributing, cos if yo have to hire someone to do all that, it wont be cheap.
However, if you are just home watching soap opera and your husband is wishing that you are get a job, and yet you dont wanna get a job, cos a single income could do the job, then, you are just plain lazy and shd get off your lazy boy couch and do something to contribute into the upkeep of the home.

The topic clearly said "bills" so it's about raw cash, you'll note in my statement that I already said contributions need not be monetary.

Not sure where all the your husband wishing u could get a job and you don't want to came from Are we on the same topic or Sir, are you confusing me with someone else?

As for watching soap operas, nah, sleeping all day is much better grin grin

Seriously, couples decide what works for them, calling someone a glorified housemaid is just rude and ignorant, apologies to those who agree with that ignorance.

I agreed with the bolded comment.
Like i said, if you home making the home and make sure all is well at homefront, then, you are already contributing your own quota
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by bandely(m): 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2009
@Poster, spend her money on clothes and bags right?

Silly Girl/Colleague
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2009
bandely:

@Poster, spend her money on clothes and bags right?

Silly Girl/Colleague
grin grin grin grin Lol
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by chika98: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2009
Everyone should know their place when it comes to bills. A man may pay all the bills and still treat you like crap! Paying the bills doesn't make a good husband. There are other things that are of extremely importance than paying all the bills. A woman should be able to help out and not spend on her money on clothes unless otherwise specified by the spouse.

1 Like

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2009
chika98:

Everyone should know their place when it comes to bills. A man may pay all the bills and still treat you like crap! Paying the bills doesn't make a good husband. There are other things that are of extremely importance than paying all the bills. A woman should be able to help out and not spend on her money on clothes unless otherwise specified by the spouse.

Well said, but a man shd not cos he is paying all the bills treats the woman like crap, that aint nice.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by chika98: 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Well said, but a man shd not cos he is paying all the bills treats the woman like crap, that aint nice.

Yup. . some men treat their woman like that because they feel they've given her everything she wanted. There isn't any need to sit and talk or even show any affection. Notice I said "some".
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2009
chika98:

Yup. . some men treat their woman like that because they feel they've given her everything she wanted. There isn't any need to sit and talk or even show any affection. Notice I said "some".

that is what happens when a woman marries the wallet of a man and not his heart
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by hammer07: 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2009
why do some women think or talk like this? things are different now, the cost of rent,vehicle maintenance,school fees,feeding,clothing etc has gone through the roof yet one woman will say she wants to be buying shoes and bags? :othats just pure selfishness angry some women are subtle about it but they still do the same thing, y'all can't imagine how hurt a man feels when ur partner tells you how she wants to buy this lace and send this amount to her friend and follow her friends to dubai, knowing fully well the pressing financial needs of the family? are they insensitive or just plain nuts?(talking from personal experience!)
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
hammer07:

why do some women think or talk like this? things are different now, the cost of rent,vehicle maintenance,school fees,feeding,clothing etc has gone through the roof yet one woman will say she wants to be buying shoes and bags? :othats just pure selfishness >:( some women are subtle about it but they still do the same thing, y'all can't imagine how hurt a man feels when your partner tells you how she wants to buy this lace and send this amount to her friend and follow her friends to dubai, knowing fully well the pressing financial needs of the family? are they insensitive or just plain nuts?(talking from personal experience!)
So is their income . . . .so that is no arguement.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by rasputinn(m): 4:53am On Nov 12, 2009
No,especially when the wife has a job,this job takes the time the wife would have had for the husband,children,the home and the entire family.However,if the wife is a full time housewife,then by all means let the husband pay the bills,the wife has sacrificed her capacity to earn an income for the sake of the overall well-being of the family
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by rasputinn(m): 4:58am On Nov 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

So is their income . . . .so that is no arguement.

Their income too have skyrocketted over the years you mean??,the fact is a wife that earns an income should contribute to the up-keep of the family,else she should just be a full time housewife and let the husband pick all the bills gladly

1 Like

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by amebono1: 5:01am On Nov 12, 2009
chika98:

my dear we are talking about men here and not boys
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by rasputinn(m): 5:05am On Nov 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I think there is a need to learn so much about marriage.
Chaircover, i don miss you on this family section oh, so stay around i beg.
I am too busy with biz that women wont find me attractive . . . . .
I know me and me know me as well grin, if you know what i mean.

For one not keen on marriage,you sure have plenty views about marriage,scores of them will soon find you attractive  grin grin
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by rasputinn(m): 5:09am On Nov 12, 2009
!amebo no1:

my dear we are talking about men here and not boys

Be serious man,so many of them like that exist out there,to them once they've provided everything the woman needs they do really treat them in very disrespectful ways,I know a man in houston who acts this way and the wife is always going,God bless my husband,God bless my husband;not really as a wish or prayer but she says this things whenever she wants to brag about where she did her latest shopping,what she bought,where she's going to for her next vacation;BUT WE KNOW BETTER
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nweddings: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by otukpo(f): 8:31am On Nov 12, 2009
If a woman is a full-time housefine, the issue of the man being 100% responsible for the family bills shld not arise. But in a situation whereby the wife works and earns money, she shld contribute to the family bills, no matter how small. there is no sensible working wife that wld leave the family bills 100% for the husband, no matter how small her income is. Except the woman is very selfish, wicked, greedy and has a very bad family background.

What does she want to spend her money on if she cannot spend it on her immediate family?

1 Like

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Sbeauty: 9:11am On Nov 12, 2009
The man should be 100% responsible for the bills. God created Women to be helpers not the head of the family.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by maryjane: 9:28am On Nov 12, 2009
A woman is meant to be a helper and that entails in all aspect, if a woman is earning wages no matter how small should be able to contribute to the well being of the family, even if is salt money cos it ]ains the men when you ask them money for every thing, it even results to insult for the woman. Pls women assist as you can no matter how little

1 Like

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 12, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Vavavoom(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2009
Sbeauty:

The man should be 100% responsible for the bills. God created Women to be helpers not the head of the family.

I read your reply and many others<amebo and osisi's> and believe you will findor have found the kind of man who fits your advocacy. While it is true that the man is the head of the family and by position must seek to better the welfare of his lot it is not out of place like Chaircover continually has been advocating that the working wifesupports her husband give a handeven when not required in the business of partnering her man. I hardly can see a man who when told during courtship, ''you will bear the brunt alone'' will proceed to engage any such woman her beauty irrespective. The dynamics of marriage continue to evovle and now includes the once stay-at-home wife be up and financially supportive of her man.

If women were asked in all honesty if they would rather keep their money and encourage strife or share responsibility and keep the peace in their homes by so doing am sure the latter would prevail with most. Chaircover's view I think like many other's before me have said, is insightful. There's so much within our control in marriage and so much outside our control as well. There are wives and there are good wives. Some only have witnessed their fathers' bear the brunt alone while growing up others see how much stability panned out from shared responsibility and are willling to tow that line. To each his own.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by FBS: 11:33am On Nov 12, 2009
The spirit of GIVE & TAKE should be present in every relationship. 100% both ways.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by ladygaga(f): 11:40am On Nov 12, 2009

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills?
« #78 on: Yesterday at 11:38:34 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a woman who is not ready to contribute in the marriage is not fit to marry,

gone are those days when a man take full responsibility, now its 50/50 or 60/40,

if a woman earns far more, she should oblige in taking more of the responsibilitties, women want equality in everything, but when it comes to responsibilities they will find excuse,

if the woman i want to marry is not ready to comtribute, she is on her own,

she must show signs of ability to take responsibility during relationship, if not, OYO, , Maga no they pay again,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gone are those days when a man take full responsibility, now its 50/50 or 60/40,

if a woman earns far more, she should oblige in taking more of the responsibilitties, women want equality in everything, but when it comes to responsibilities they will find excuse,

she must show signs of ability to take responsibility during relationship, if not, OYO, , Maga no they pay again,

the truth
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

guys should be very careful in the kind of gurls they date and intend to marry,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Her Husband Lied About His Job / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.