Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Glo 4G LTE Speed - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE Speed (8284 Views)

Airtel 4G LTE Vs Mtn 4G LTE Speed Test Enugu / Mtn's 4g Lte Speed Is Faster Than The Average 4g Lte Speed In The United States / Glo 4g Lte Speed Test. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
TechEnthusiast:

I didnt say its slow but when compared,MTNs 2600mhz band beats glos 700mhz,also Band 28 isnt compatible with many phones as i said earlier,does tecno w3 and infinix LTE phones have band 28?
You don't seem to know what you are talking about. How does band 7 beat band 28? The only advantage band 7 has is its popularity among 4G devices, not that it's better in any way. In fact, band 28 has its own advantages over band 7. Unlike band 7, band 28 travels way farther, and it penetrates walls far better than band 7.

In case you didn't know, in radio spectrum, the lower the better. Therefore, 700mhz is better than 2600mhz.

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by wunderkiind(m): 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
duwdu:

It is the E5377Bs-508 4G "MiFi" that was recently discounted and sold for N5k.

I think the "Bolt" is a 3G "Stick modem," but I haven't handled it.

P34c3

Yeah I'm familiar with the Bolt 3g stick modem.. Thought it was the same one you were getting 4g on, when I first saw your screenshot.
I'm interested in that 4g MiFi oh... Is it still in the market / any idea where I can get it? Thanks
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by duwdu: 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
wunderkiind:

Yeah I'm familiar with the Bolt 3g stick modem.. Thought it was the same one you were getting 4g on, when I first saw your screenshot.
I'm interested in that 4g MiFi oh... Is it still in the market / any idea where I can get it? Thanks

That discounted 5k price was by Glo directly, and I got mine from them - as did a number of folks who reported it on this forum, even before I got to pick mine up.

Morals of the story: Folks should try and read as many relevant threads as possible in specialized sections in which they have interests, even when some posts make some threads appear stressful to follow.

P34c3

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by spoilerx: 8:43am On Dec 05, 2016
greenhulk:

What is amazing here? This is normal 3G on Mtn.

See MTN LTE on a bad day. On a good day it is between 30-40mbps.

But na WIFI u use for these pictures
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by spoilerx: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2016
duwdu:
It also depends on which side you woke up in the morning, or how many colanuts/gworo/orogbo you've had in a day, lol. grin

Seriously, it probably depends on when, what day of the week, and where you are with respect to any of our networks. (Besides, Fast concentrates strictly on streaming, no fluff, if one reads their philosophy. Speedtest by Ookla is usually less conservative.)

The attached are also with Glo's 4G, same day. And my transit time is not even the best...

P34c3

this na WIFI
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 05, 2016
spoilerx:

But na WIFI u use for these pictures

Wifi connected to mtn through hotspot.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by wunderkiind(m): 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
duwdu:

That discounted 5k price was by Glo directly, and I got mine from them - as did a number of folks who reported it on this forum, even before I got to pick mine up.

Morals of the story: Folks should try and read as many relevant threads as possible in specialized sections in which they have interests, even when some posts make some threads appear stressful to follow.

P34c3

wow thanks soo much man!
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by spoilerx: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Wifi connected to mtn through hotspot.

WE DONT BELIEVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
spoilerx:

That's ur problem. Now see what I'm getting right now with just 1 network bar.

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
spoilerx:

And here comes 2 bars. I dumped my etisalat and ntel to embrace mtn 4g because the speed is just superb and very stable.

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
spoilerx:

And behold, 3 bars. Even upload sef na die. I download 2gb movies within 8 mins. At full bar I get above 70mbps. Still don't believe?

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by spoilerx: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
greenhulk:

And behold, 3 bars. Even upload sef na die. I download 2gb movies within 8 mins. At full bar I get above 70mbps. Still don't believe?

but how we go know say na MTN ?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
spoilerx:

Bros na wa for u oh. Shey make I kill myself for u? Oya see with 2 bars.

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by kratoss(m): 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Glo 4G with pride..

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
greenhulk:

What device are you using?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
kratoss:
Glo 4G with pride..
Which of the MiFis is that?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by kratoss(m): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
dustmalik:

Which of the MiFis is that?

E5573-606

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
kratoss:

E5573-606
Alright.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
dustmalik:

What device are you using?

Infinix hot s
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Infinix hot s
Alright
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Dam5reey(m): 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
spoilerx:

Oga tell us your real name... grin

For Naija no network. Come close to MTN 4G......

I don't have Data waste on top speed test... Greenhulk try sha... cheesy
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by wunderkiind(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
greenhulk:

And here comes 2 bars. I dumped my etisalat and ntel to embrace mtn 4g because the speed is just superb and very stable.

Choi!!!

See speed...
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by iliyande(m): 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
Dam5reey:

Oga tell us your real name... grin

For Naija no network. Come close to MTN 4G......

I don't have Data waste on top speed test... Greenhulk try sha... cheesy

Despite the high speed from mtn, when streaming live, it keeps buffering why.?

But in glo, even with 7mbps I stream with rest of mind why?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 06, 2016
iliyande:

Despite the high speed from mtn, when streaming live, it keeps buffering why.?

But in glo, even with 7mbps I stream with rest of mind why?

On the contrary streaming with MTN is way better , I can stream at 720p without buffer compare to NTEL where streaming at 360p still have some buffers. As per streaming live, it all comes down to the quality of the feed. If the feed is bad even at 100mbps download speed it would still stutter.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by leeport: 10:07am On Dec 16, 2016
Unlocked Spectranet e5573-606 for sale ... pm
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by honsule(m): 11:01am On Dec 16, 2016
I JUST REMOVED GLO 4G LTE SIM FROM MY SPECTRANET MIFI, BECAUSE IT IS REALLY FRUSTRATING THESE DAYS. EVEN TO OPEN HTTPS PAGES AT TIMES IT GIVES ERROR.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by iliyande(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2016
honsule:
I JUST REMOVED GLO 4G LTE SIM FROM MY SPECTRANET MIFI, BECAUSE IT IS REALLY FRUSTRATING THESE DAYS. EVEN TO OPEN HTTPS PAGES AT TIMES IT GIVES ERROR.

Delete the Apn and input manually: Globacom, gloflat flat flat. It may help. Try and contact their customercare, though they are very annoying sometimes.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by honsule(m): 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
iliyande:

Delete the Apn and input manually: Globacom, gloflat flat flat. It may help. Try and contact their customercare, though they are very annoying sometimes.

i manually input glosecure before it starts browsing. gloflat APN stopped browsing abruptly. am using mtn 4G LTE for now. let me see how it goes
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
honsule:

i manually input glosecure before it starts browsing. gloflat APN stopped browsing abruptly. am using mtn 4G LTE for now. let me see how it goes

Hmm. I'm not sure u will ever wanna go back to glo again after using MTN.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by iliyande(m): 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
honsule:

Ok, I faced similar issue, but was resolved
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by kennyhydee(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
Glo might offer unbeatable data prices but their speed is pathetic. This is from Ogba Lagos. It's 3G btw

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
honsule:

I'm really surprised that glosecure is even connecting at all on Glo 4G LTE. I have up to four Glo 4G Sims, and none of them would connect on 4G once i change the apn from gloflat. But on 3G, almost all apn connects.

Though it's been two weeks since i used Glo LTE, maybe that has changed. I'll try it out when i get home.

Xiaomi Or Huawei Which Is Better? / Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? / TECNO Partners VOGUE To Capture ‘style In Motion’ At London Fashion Week