Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Glo 4G LTE Speed - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE Speed (8283 Views)

Airtel 4G LTE Vs Mtn 4G LTE Speed Test Enugu / Mtn's 4g Lte Speed Is Faster Than The Average 4g Lte Speed In The United States / Glo 4g Lte Speed Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
kennyhydee:
Glo might offer unbeatable data prices but their speed is pathetic. This is from Ogba Lagos. It's 3G btw
Though it's been a few weeks since i used Glo LTE, so i don't know how it is now. But the frustration i went through in the days i used Glo 3G, all came to an end with the launch of Glo 4G.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by kennyhydee(m): 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
dustmalik:

Though it's been a few weeks since i used Glo LTE, so i don't know how it is now. But the frustration i went through in the days i used Glo 3G, all came to an end with the launch of Glo 4G.
As in guy, I cant even tweet during d day, I leave my downloads till late in d night, even at that, d speed is not anything to brag about.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by scarr: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2016
honsule:
I JUST REMOVED GLO 4G LTE SIM FROM MY SPECTRANET MIFI, BECAUSE IT IS REALLY FRUSTRATING THESE DAYS. EVEN TO OPEN HTTPS PAGES AT TIMES IT GIVES ERROR.

Sir, which of the spectranet mifi do you use with glo 4G
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2016
scarr:

The only one that supports band 28 is the E5573s-606
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by honsule(m): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2016
scarr:

dustmalik:

The only one that supports band 28 is the E5573s-606

that is it.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by scarr: 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
honsule:

that is it.
thanks Sirs cc dustmalik
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
greenhulk:

Infinix hot s
I was told that mtn deployed its LTE in Lagos over band 20(800) and 7(2600). But i want to be sure.

Since you use Infinix hot s which supports both bands, could you do me a favour and get to the engineering screen by dialing *#*#3646633#*#*, then go into BandMode, select the data sim, now scroll down and uncheck band 7. See if it continues to show an active 4G reception. Thanks.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
dustmalik:

I was told that mtn deployed its LTE in Lagos over band 20(800) and 7(2600). But i want to be sure.

Since you use Infinix hot s which supports both bands, could you do me a favour and get to the engineering screen by dialing *#*#3646633#*#*, then go into BandMode, select the data sim, now scroll down and uncheck band 7. See if it continues to show an active 4G reception. Thanks.

Dialed the code nothing happened.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
greenhulk:

I see. You actually have to dial it. Copy and paste doesn't work.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
greenhulk:

Alternatively, you could install 'MTK Engineering Mode' from playstore. That will definitely work.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
dustmalik:

I see. You actually have to dial it. Copy and paste doesn't work.

I dialed it seeral times, nothing happened
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
greenhulk:

I dialed it seeral times, nothing happened
Alright. Accessing it via 'MTK Engineering Mode' app is easier. Could you try that? Thanks.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by duwdu: 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
@dustmalik;

MTN is yet to deploy 4G on Band 20 in my crib area of Lekki, (on a Bluboo Xtouch.) Incidentally, I bought the Xtouch primarily because it was a relatively affordable flagship that supports 20 for MTN!

Anyways, and through this moment, Band 7 works on its own, of course, or along with 20, provided 7 is switched on before 20. Switching on 20 before 7 locks the network on 3G solid, and, as I already stated, 20 on its own is not yet allowed on 4G in my area.

I may post relevant images later — if that's still deemed necessary.

(I used that familiar code — it works on most of my devices — but I also have the experience it doesn't work on some.)

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
duwdu:
@dustmalik;

MTN is yet to deploy 4G on Band 20 in my crib area of Lekki, (on a Bluboo Xtouch.) Incidentally, I bought the Xtouch primarily because it was a relatively affordable flagship that supports 20 for MTN!

Anyways, and through this moment, Band 7 works on its own, of course, or along with 20, provided 7 is switched on before 20. Switching on 20 before 7 locks the network on 3G solid, and, as I already stated, 20 on its own is not yet allowed on 4G in my area.

I may post relevant images later — if that's still deemed necessary.

(I used that familiar code — it works on most of my devices — but I also have the experience it doesn't work on some.)

P34c3
Thanks for the detailed feedback, i really appreciate it. Maybe MTN never really deployed its LTE over band 20.

From what i understand, NCC didn't allow MTN to use band 20 spectrum after acquiring Visafone, and it was one of the main reasons MTN acquired Visafone in the first place. I understand there is an ongoing litigation issue concerning that.

Though if you ever find yourself in an area where LTE reception may appear to be excellent, you could try it out again. Remember, band 20 travels farther and penetrates walls better than band 7.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Dam5reey(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
dustmalik:

Thanks for the detailed feedback, i really appreciate it. Maybe MTN never really deployed its LTE over band 20.

From what i understand, NCC didn't allow MTN to use band 20 spectrum after acquiring Visafone, and it was one of the main reasons MTN acquired Visafone in the first place. I understand there is an ongoing litigation issue concerning that.

Though if you ever find yourself in an area where LTE reception may appear to be excellent, you could try it out again. Remember, band 20 travels farther and penetrates walls better than band 7.

Wait to I just switched to MTN 4G on my Redmi 4 Pro and for the first time I Got 82 Mbps...This phone support only 7 and no 20 unlike my MTN 4G mifi

MTN is just getting better with more user switching to LTE...

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by duwdu: 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
dustmalik:

Thanks for that backend story on MTN and the purchase of 20; it comes in handy.

Yep, the famed better reception quality of 20 was what endeared me to it, so, we shall see about using it at the earliest opportunity.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by dustmalik: 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dam5reey:

Wait to I just switched to MTN 4G on my Redmi 4 Pro and for the first time I Got 82 Mbps...This phone support only 7 and no 20 unlike my MTN 4G mifi

MTN is just getting better with more user switching to LTE...
That's quite fast. That's the advantage of having excellent reception.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by edicied: 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
Does the Glo 4g mifi support other 4g bands apart from band 28
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by ryfoz(m): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
greenhulk:

Hmm. I'm not sure u will ever wanna go back to glo again after using MTN.

MTN data prices is not friendly lipsrsealed

Especially that yeye smile 4G network, I'm still looking for affordable 4G network besides glo, airtel 4G is not available yet in my location

As for ntel, that SIM card dey hard to get like Visa lottery undecided

I hope they bring shop to my area soon sha
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by macdon4all(m): 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
duwdu:

It is the E5377Bs-508 4G "MiFi" that was recently discounted and sold for N5k.

I think the "Bolt" is a 3G "Stick modem," but I haven't handled it.

P34c3
Biko where did u get it for dat price
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Rajman45(m): 9:26am On Jul 06, 2018
Is Glo 4g network in Benin?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Darkseid(m): 9:38am On Jul 06, 2018
Rajman45:
Is Glo 4g network in Benin?
Yes na, for many years now.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed by Valentinooo: 12:29am On Jul 09, 2018
macdon4all:
Biko where did u get it for dat price

That's a post from 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: MTN Browse Till You Drop 100naira Only / Xiaomi Or Huawei Which Is Better? / Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.