Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats (10430 Views)

Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / 5 Helpful Tips To Protect Any Smartphone From Water Damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by Ochyes: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2016
seuncyber:
This is like 50 trillion time am reading this fufu on nairaland

Same thing all the time

We don hear

Thanks
It will be helpfull to some nairalanders.
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by kvngolami(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2016
vpn how those it work n am i good to download ?
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by Sodia(m): 9:01am On Dec 03, 2016
Henrypraise:
tanks @ sodia for the tips, pls I do get sum annoying ads pop up on my screen, I av deleted d only apk file I av n it still pops up especially on my lock screen, pls how do I solve des problem?

notable among des pop up is jumia, jiji, n many others.

pls help..
K, those pop up u mentioned are Google ads... It usually happens wen u on ur data... Since u said u have uninstalled the likely apk file... I advice u backup ur device files, and Restore Factory Default... If possible u can do the factory default stuff from the Recovery Menu.. When u power off ur phone.. Hold Vol. Up or Vol. Down key + Power Button.... Wen u restore to factory default, it would clear all previous stuffs and bring ur phone back to d default state...
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by Sodia(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2016
mackmanuel:
My infinix hot s is giving me update A week after purchase
you can do the update...
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by Sodia(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2016
kvngolami:
vpn
how those it work n am i good to download ?
yea ur good to download, it protects your data/information wen using the Internet, it doesn't tell ur real locations.. With this ur information is kept secured and encrypted. In case u want to browse a site were u don't want ur data to be shared vpn is best to use!
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by veltany: 9:35am On Dec 03, 2016
okay.
For futher tips on how to track and recover your android phones.
check
http://www.cartergurus.com.ng/2016/11/how-to-track-and-find-your-lost-android.html?m=1
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by ibknaanii(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2016
okay, I don hear u naa
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by klassykute(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
Goldenheart:
My Sweet Gionee M5 Mini Got Drowned Yesterday.. sad any engineer in the house?
since wen do engineers swim bro.. call divers bro
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by Pylony(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
Goldenheart:
Thank You. I M Doing That Today
Good luck with it.
Re: 5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats by Kisisat: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2021
Well, to safeguard our devices, it’s tronger password, enabling two-factor authentication, etc.

However, what if your laptop is lost or stolen? In such a case, if proper safeguards aren’t in place, it can bring you many troubles. Your important files, financial information, personal secrets will be in danger.

So, it’s best to set up remote wiping on a device to be on the safe side. Google Provides you a remote wiping option for Android through its Find my Device service. However, Microsoft doesn’t have any such feature

Remotely Wipe All Data From Lost or Stolen Laptop

Yes, you can enable the Find My Device Option on Windows. Still, it won’t let you wipe your data in case if it goes missing. Below, we have shared a few best ways to remote wipe Windows computers. Let’s check out.

1. Enable the Find My Device Feature

Well, the Find My Device feature is only available on Windows 10/11. The feature allows you to locate your lost or stolen device. You can even use it to lock your device or erase the data remotely. Here’s how to use it.

1. First of all, open the Start menu and click on Settings
Read more from source

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Unlocked My Glo Usb Modem / Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS / List Of Blackberry That Can Tether Wireless To An Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.